Never alone

Here lies Zealous logs... show them off to the rest of the board, or use the space if the mailstring is down.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Never alone

Postby duckmedic » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Never Alone-
Ensign Howard Percy
Night shift Helm Officer
USS Zealous

And With his mind and voice Howard taps the communicator, "Is there anybody out there?" The question hung in the air as the device, his link to safety and freedom was dead as door nail. The older Ensign sighed; it would have been too easy for the dam thing to work. He muttered to himself but his voice was crack and as he talks to himself he sounded as a dying frog would. Howard scalp wound started bleeding again as he heard a moan and reached out with his mind to find he was not alone as he first thought. He franticly searched the remains of the escape pod and found a young what he assumed was a medical personal. The young woman legs were crushed and she was barely breathing as he reached her. Howard tried to keep his cool as he applies what first aid he could. He stops the bleeding mainly by tearing up his own uniform to make bandages. Using scrap metal he fashioned crude splints for the young woman legs and after a few minutes it seemed she might live. She was still unconscious but he felt her mind in his and he was happy that he was not alone.

Howard sat there a few minutes bare chested and covered in both their blood. He could not remain here, he knew it. But if was unsure wither this unknown crewmember would survive if moved. Well she would die without help, even Howard knowledge of first aid confirmed that. So gather his strength and after praying that to whatever gods were listening he took the young woman in his arms and started walking. He sent out probes with his mind hoping that he may find the right path. After what seemed like out descending from what some would call hills, he spotted what he thought was a camp. He headed for it with the remaining of his strength keeping hold of the young woman the best he could but his steps got slower as he approached because of exhaustion. He collapses at the outer edge of the camp as he sees for first time he not alone. Howard smiles as he passes out falling like a dead weight with the young woman in his arms. The others had survived, he was home
And in despair I bowed my head
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

LongFellow

duckmedic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander