[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Movie Quote Zen!

Movie Quote Zen!

Here lies games and other Zen Threads for the USS Zealous

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:19 pm

Memorable Quotes from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

Commander Willard Decker: V'ger... expects an answer.

Captain James T. Kirk: An answer? I don't know the question.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain James T. Kirk: Let's take a look. Full sensor scan, Mr. Spock. They can't expect us not to look them over now.

Commander Willard Decker: Now that we're looking down their throat.

Captain James T. Kirk: Right, now that we got them just where they want us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commander Spock: It only knows that it needs, Commander. But, like so many of us, it does not know what.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:20 pm

Memorable Quotes from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

(Kirk has just got back command of the Enterprise.)
Lt. Cmdr. Hikaru Sulu: He wanted her back. He got her!

Alien Ensign: And Captain Decker? He's been with this ship every minute of the refitting.

Lieutenant Commander Nyota Uhura: Ensign - the possibilities of our returning from this mission in one piece may have just DOUBLED.
Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: Well, It's been a long time since I delivered a baby. I hope we got this one of to a good start!
Decker: I'm sure the Captain didn't mean anything personal.

Lt. Ilia: I would never take advantage of a sexually immature species. You can assure him that's the truth, can't you?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ti'ana » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:29 pm

MORE WEST WING CUZ ITS SO COOL AND SMART!!! YAY!!

Leo McGarry: Luther, one year from today, where's the Dow?
Luther: Tremendous! Up a thousand!
Leo McGarry: Fred, one year from today?
Fred: Not good. Down a thousand.
Leo McGarry: A year from today at least one of you's gonna look pretty stupid.

Leo McGarry: [on the phone with the New York Times] 17 across. Yes, 17 across is wrong. ... You're spelling his name wrong. ... What's my name? My name doesn't matter. I am just an ordinary citizen who relies on the Times crossword for stimulation. And I'm telling you that I met the man twice. And I recommended a pre-emptive missile strike against his air force, so I think I know how...
C.J. Cregg: Leo!
Leo McGarry: They hang up on me every time!

C.J. Cregg: Sir, this may be a good time to talk about your sense of humor.
President Josiah Bartlet: I got an intelligence briefing, a security briefing and a 90-minute budget meeting all scheduled for the same 45 minutes. Are you sure this is a good time to talk about my sense of humor?
C.J. Cregg: No.
President Josiah Bartlet: Me neither.

President Josiah Bartlet: 27 lawyers in the room, anyone know "Post hoc, ergo propter hoc"? Josh?
Josh Lyman: Post -- after, after hoc, ergo -- therefore, "After hoc, therefore" something else hoc.
President Josiah Bartlet: Thank you. Next?

[An Army doctor is checking the president's pulse]
President Josiah Bartlet: So, how's my pulse?
Morris Tolliver: Have you been running up and down the stairs in the past few minutes?
President Josiah Bartlet: No.
Morris Tolliver: Than it's not that good.

President Josiah Bartlet: What is that?
Morris Tolliver: It's a flu shot.
President Josiah Bartlet: I don't need a flu shot.
Morris Tolliver: You do need a flu shot.
President Josiah Bartlet: How do I know this isn't the start of a military coup? I want the secret service in here right away.
Morris Tolliver: In the event of a military coup what makes you think that the secret service is going to be on your side?

Josh Lyman: Toby, come quick! Sam's getting his ass kicked by a girl!
Toby Ziegler: Ginger, get the popcorn!

President Josiah Bartlet: Leo, hard as you might try, the republican party isn't going anywhere.
Leo McGarry: We don't know that for sure, sir, they could all end up moving to Vancouver.
President Josiah Bartlet: I don't think so.
Leo McGarry: Me neither, but being in power means everybody else can take a seat for four years.

Toby Ziegler: I agree with Josh and I agree with C.J. and I agree with Sam. And you know how that makes me crazy...

Sam Seaborn: Toby, do you really think it's a good idea to invite people to dinner and then to tell them exactly what they're doing wrong with their lives?
Toby Ziegler: Absolutely, otherwise it's just a waste of food.

[The President's daughter chafes at her Secret Service protection]
President Josiah Bartlet: My getting killed would be bad enough, but that is not the nightmare scenario. The nightmare scenario, sweetheart, is you getting kidnapped! You go out to a bar or a party in some club and you get up and you go to the restroom and somebody comes from behind and puts his hand across your mouth and drags you out the back door. You're so petrified you don't even notice the bodies of a few Secret Service agents laying on the ground with bullet holes in their heads. Then you're driven away in the car. It's a big party with lots of noise and lots of people coming and going, and it's a half hour before someone says: "Hey, where's Zoey?" It's another fifteen minutes before the first phone call. It's another hour and a half before anyone even THINKS to shut down all the airports! Now we're off to the races! You're tied to a chair in a cargo shack somewhere in the middle of Uganda and I am told that I have 72 hours to get Israel to free 460 imprisoned terrorists. So I'm on the phone pleading with Binyamin and he's saying: "I'm sorry, Mr. President, but Israel simply does not negotiate with terrorists, period, it's the only way we can survive." So now we got a new problem because this country no longer has a Commander-in-chief, but a father going out of his mind because his little girl is in a shack somewhere in the middle of Uganda with a gun to her head! Do you get it?
Zoey Bartlet: Yes.

President Josiah Bartlet: you know that line you're not supposed to cross with the president?
C.J. Cregg: I'm coming up to it?
President Josiah Bartlet: No, no look behind you

Leo McGarry: You got to work with Toby on the toast.
Toby Ziegler: Don't need him.
Leo McGarry: Yes you do.
Sam Seaborn: It takes two people to write the toast?
Leo McGarry: State Department is very particular about these toasts.
Josh Lyman: I'll assign someone from the office.
Mandy Hampton: I can do it.
Josh Lyman: No, you can't.
Mandy Hampton: Why not?
Josh Lyman: Because you're a political consultant and this is an... actual thing.
Mandy Hampton: Leo, please tell Josh that I can play a role in issues and that it's not going to be an end to this administration.
Josh Lyman: I don't think it's going to be an end to this administration, Leo, I think it's going to be an end of this republic.

Mandy Hampton: It really bugs you that the President listens to me sometimes?
Josh Lyman: Yes, but you shouldn't take it personally. It bugs me when the President listens to anyone that isn't me.

Abbey Bartlet: You have a big brain, a good heart and an ego the size of Montana. You do, Jed.

Josh Lyman: You're quite a nerd, Mr. President.
President Josiah Bartlet: Really?
Josh Lyman: Yes, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: I assume that was said with all due respect?
Josh Lyman: Yes, sir.

John Hoynes: What do you need?
Danny Concannon: The Cabinet meeting.
John Hoynes: What about it?
Danny Concannon: Anything you want to talk about?
John Hoynes: Anything I want to talk about?
Danny Concannon: Yes, sir.
John Hoynes: Well, you know, now that you mention it, I've been having this recurring dream about killing you.

Mandy Hampton: Are you listening to me?
Toby Ziegler: Yes.
Mandy Hampton: What was the last thing I said?
Toby Ziegler: The last thing you said was: "Are you listening to me?"

Charlie Young: Sam, tomorrow is the Assistant Transportation Secretary's 50th birthday and Leo wants you to write a message from the President.
Sam Seaborn: Leo wants ME?
Charlie Young: Yeah.
Sam Seaborn: Leo wants ME to write a birthday message?
Charlie Young: Nancy Becker needs it tonight.
Sam Seaborn: Are you sure he doesn't want someone who, you know, ISN'T staggeringly overqualified for the job?

[After the briefing about a state dinner]
C.J. Cregg: Oh, boy, I like it when "In Style" magazine is issued press credentials. "Mirabella" wanted to know what wine is served with the fish course. So it's a good thing I went to school for 22 years.
Josh Lyman: What wine are we--
C.J. Cregg: It's wine, you'll drink it!

Leo McGarry: [Signing Christmas cards.] Who the hell is this guy and why would I care if he has a merry Christmas?
Margaret: Just sign the damn thing!

Josh Lyman: Where are you going?
President Josiah Bartlet: To a place called "Rare books." You know what they sell?
Josh Lyman: Fishing tackle?

Josh Lyman: Here's one.
Mandy Hampton: One what?
Josh Lyman: A book which if I was stuck with it on a desert island I still wouldn't read it. "The Adventures of James C. Adams, Mountaineer and Grizzly Bear Hunter of California." I believe I would eat this book before I read it.

President Josiah Bartlet: You know, Zoey is starting Georgetown in two weeks, I was thinking about getting her "The Nature of Things," translated from the Latin of Titus Lucretius Karas. What do you think?
Charlie Young: I think she would like that better than a new stereo, sir.

Leo McGarry: You saw Sam's friend?
Sam Seaborn: How did you know?
Leo McGarry: I had you tailed.
Josh Lyman: You had us tailed?
Leo McGarry: Yes!
Sam Seaborn: Why?
Leo McGarry: On the off chance that you're as stupid as you look!

Indian ambassador: You look well, Mr. President.
President Josiah Bartlet: I was looking a lot better before your country breached about 14 ceasefire conditions without so much as a phone call.

President Josiah Bartlet: My daughter asked you out?
Charlie Young: Yes.
President Josiah Bartlet: I should've locked her in a dungeon.
Charlie Young: I don't think you got one, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: Coulda built it.

Charlie Young: Mr. President?
President Josiah Bartlet: I'll take the Indian ambassador in the Oval Office.
Charlie Young: Yes, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: And then if you could just ask the Secret Service to step in and kill me, please.
Charlie Young: Yes, sir.

Claypool: During your investigation, did you find any evidence of drug use? And I'd like to remind you that you're under oath.
Sam Seaborn: And I'd like to remind you that this is the seventh time that you've reminded him since he sat down.

Leo McGarry: He thinks I'm a butler.
President Josiah Bartlet: For the first few weeks so did I.

[Abigail Bartlet is examining her husband]
President Josiah Bartlet: You know, I never actually saw you study while you were at med school.
Abbey Bartlet: Deep breaths!
President Josiah Bartlet: Do you even know what you're listening to right now?
Abbey Bartlet: Do you know how many other people I could have married?

Lord John Marbury: When we had a problem with someone, one solution that we would try is to make him a maharaja -- it's a kind of a regional king -- and we would pay him off with an annual tribute and in return he would be loyal to the crown.
Leo McGarry: Lord Marbury, under our constitution the president is not empowered to create maharajas.
Lord John Marbury: Yes, thank you for clearing that up, Leo, having been educated at Cambridge and the Sorbonne, I am, as you know, exceedingly stupid.

Mandy Hampton: The FBI guy has been in there a couple of hours, you think it's a good sign?
Josh Lyman: I don't know.
Mandy Hampton: I'm asking you what you think.
Josh Lyman: I... I don't have any thoughts on that one way or the other.
Mandy Hampton: What's happening with the Teamsters?
Josh Lyman: I don't know.
Mandy Hampton: Any news on the hurricane?
Josh Lyman: Not that I'm aware of.
Mandy Hampton: What is it you do here exactly?
Josh Lyman: It's never really been made cleared to me.

C.J. Cregg: I think you're neglecting your responsibilities --
Toby Ziegler: That's crap.
C.J. Cregg: So you can behave like the director of the FBI.
Toby Ziegler: I'm waiting for the director of the FBI to behave that way. I'm waiting for the Justice Department to behave that way. I'm waiting for Congress to behave that way, and I'm waiting for the White House to behave that way!
C.J. Cregg: You want to lock up everybody with a white sheet?
Toby Ziegler: Yes, I do. Yes, I do! Who has a problem with that? Bring me anybody who has a problem with that! Yes, I do.

C.J. Cregg: The more photo-friendly of the two turkeys gets a Presidential pardon and a full life at a children's petting zoo; the other one gets eaten.
President Josiah Bartlet: If the Oscars were like that, I'd watch.

Leo McGarry: I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution.

Toby Ziegler: Mandy, I feel like I lost a hundred and eighty pounds. I'm smiling, I'm laughing, I'm enjoying the people I work with... I gotta snap out of this. What's on your mind?
Mandy Hampton: I want you to help me get the Chinese to give us a new panda bear to replace Lum-Lum.
Toby Ziegler: Well, that did the trick.

Mandy Hampton: I was thinking that it would be a good idea, as a symbol to signal how serious we are about our relationship with China, if we asked them for another bear.
Toby Ziegler: I think it would be a good idea as a symbol to signal that China is serious about their relationship with us if they stop running over their citizens with tanks.

Leo McGarry: [to Sam] I don't mind you dating my only daughter, but you can't expect me not to have some fun along the way.

Ainsley Hayes: I'll ask again: For what purpose was I brought here today?
Leo McGarry: So I could offer you a job.
Ainsley Hayes: I'm asking because I do not think that it is fair that I be expected to play the role of the mouse to the White House's cat in the game of ... you know the game?
Leo McGarry: Cat and mouse?
Ainsley Hayes: Yes. And it's not like I'm not, you know. The fact that I may not look like some of the other republicans who have crossed your path does not mean that I'm any less inclined toward ...
Leo McGarry: Here it comes.
Ainsley Hayes: Did you say offer me a job?

[After Josh finds out that his insurance won't cover his hospital treatment]
Josh Lyman: There's fifty thousand dollars worth of hospital bills they're saying they don't cover. You know what that means?
Sam Seaborn: You may have to get yourself a job mowing lawns after school.

Abbey Bartlet: Charlie, just give the president a message for me, would you?
Charlie Young: Sure.
Abbey Bartlet: You'll want to write this down.
Charlie Young: Yes, ma'am.
Abbey Bartlet: Your blood pressure is 120/80.
Charlie Young: How did you know that, ma'am?
Abbey Bartlet: I'm saying his blood pressure.
Charlie Young: Oh. It's 120/80?
Abbey Bartlet: Yeah. Your EKG shows a good sinus rhythm.
Charlie Young: Okay.
Abbey Bartlet: No evidence of ischemic change.
Charlie Young: How are we spelling--?
Abbey Bartlet: It doesn't matter. Your electrolytes and metabolic panels are within normal limits, chest x-rays are clear, and prostate screens are fine.
Charlie Young: Okay.
Abbey Bartlet: So, we can have sex now.

[Ainsley is about to meet the President for the first time]
C.J. Cregg: How are you doing, Ainsley?
Ainsley Hayes: My mouth is dry, my hands are wet and I have to pee.

Josh Lyman: Should I tell you, you know, if he's the real deal?
Sam Seaborn: You won't have to.
Josh Lyman: Why?
Sam Seaborn: You have a pretty bad poker face.

C.J. Cregg: There were 36 homicides last night. 480 sexual assaults. 3411 robberies. 3685 aggravated assaults, all at gun point. And if anyone thinks those crimes could have been prevented if the victims themselves had been carrying guns, I only remind that the President of the United States was shot last night while surrounded by the best trained armed guards in the history of the world.

Abbey Bartlet: We're thoroughly professional.
Sam Seaborn: No, ma'am, I don't think you are.
Abbey Bartlet: I beg your pardon?
Sam Seaborn: No, ma'am, I don't think you are.
Abbey Bartlet: Are you crazy?

Josh Lyman: I'm on hold, I'm on hold,
[bangs phone on the desk]
Josh Lyman: I'm in some hellish hold world or hold

Leo McGarry: How are you doing Ainsley?
Ainsley Hayes: [nervous to meet president] I'm concerned about peeing on your carpet.
Leo McGarry: Ok, well, now I am too.
Ainsley Hayes: Can I use your bathroom?
Leo McGarry: Sure
[she goes into the closet instead]
President Josiah Bartlet: Where is she?
Sam Seaborn: In the closet
President Josiah Bartlet: Come on out Ainsley... what were you doing in the closet?
Ainsley Hayes: I had to pee
President Josiah Bartlet: They wont let me smoke inside, but you can pee in Leo's closet!

Charlie Young: Sir, I need you to dig in now. It wasn't a nightmare, you really are the president.

Toby Ziegler: Something's kinda freakish about you, you know that.

President Josiah Bartlet: I'm tired, I'm cranky, and my wife's in Argentina. Lets get this over with.
Lt. Cmdr. Ti'ana Sullivan
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Ti'ana » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:13 pm

MORE WEST WING!!! IF you haven't watched it, you should. Bravo, 11pm. Just one episode, and your IQ will go up 10 points. For me, thats a lot!
8)

[After Sam and Josh start a cozy fire in the Mural Room -- unaware that the chimney flue has been welded shut for more than 100 years.]
Charlie Young: [wakes up the president] I know you told me never to wake you unless the House was on fire.

C.J. Cregg: No cameras.
Toby Ziegler: You negotiated that?
C.J. Cregg: Yes.
Toby Ziegler: They agreed to it?
C.J. Cregg: You want to make out with me now, don't you?
Toby Ziegler: Well, when don't I?

Toby Ziegler: In my day, we knew how to protest.
C.J. Cregg: What day was that?
Toby Ziegler: 1968.
Josh Lyman: And how old were you when you were protesting?
Toby Ziegler: My sisters took me. Anyone got a problem with that?

Toby Ziegler: We had the underground! We had rapid response!
C.J. Cregg: And, by God, you were home by supper on a school night.

Leo McGarry: Andrew Jackson had a big block of cheese...
Josh Lyman: ... And a Wheat Thin the size of Lake Tahoe.

Sam Seaborn: Well, this is bad on so many levels!

[After Josh Lyman has been in therapy]
Leo McGarry: How'd it go?
Josh Lyman: He thinks I may have an eating disorder. And a fear of rectangles - that's not unusual, is it?

Mrs. Landingham: You know what this is, sir? I mean, your mood.
President Josiah Bartlet: There's nothing wrong with my mood.
Mrs. Landingham: It's your diet.
President Josiah Bartlet: Would you get off me with that?
Mrs. Landingham: You're not getting enough roughage in your diet.
President Josiah Bartlet: I know I would love to beat you senseless with a head of cabbage, I know that for damn sure.

[During an extraordinary rainy day]
President Josiah Bartlet: Is Toby on his way?
President Josiah Bartlet: C.J.?
President Josiah Bartlet: Why aren't they here now?
Charlie Young: They didn't know it was raining, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: Nothing like surrounding yourself with the best and the brightest, Charlie.

[Prior to the president's speech at the American Association of Trout Fishermen convention]
Leo McGarry: Are you going to concentrate on this now, or is your head going to be on changing the democracy?
President Josiah Bartlet: No, I'm definitely going to be thinking about the trout fishermen, Leo, 'cause that's where my focus should be.

Mrs. Landingham: I'm going to lunch, Charlie.
Charlie Young: Speaking of lunch, the president is not too wild about his.
Mrs. Landingham: What's the nature of his dissatisfaction?
Charlie Young: He says it is going to be made almost entirely out of vegetables.
Mrs. Landingham: Yes, it's a salad, Charlie.
Charlie Young: The president would prefer a sandwich.
Mrs. Landingham: Charlie, tell the president he will eat his salad, and if he doesn't like it, he knows where to put it.

Toby Ziegler: A drug they gotta buy from us for four dollars a unit they can get on bargain in Pakistan for forty cents.
C.J. Cregg: That's not the only bargain in Pakistan, Toby, my girlfriends and I go there for spring fashions.
Toby Ziegler: It shows.

[Talking about Ainsley Hayes]
President Josiah Bartlet: We should hire her.
Leo McGarry: You mean as a joke on Sam?
President Josiah Bartlet: No, not as a joke on Sam, I mean we should hire her as a reality. We should hire her.
Leo McGarry: She's a republican.
President Josiah Bartlet: So are half of the people in this country.
Leo McGarry: Well, that half lost.

President Josiah Bartlet: Charlie, when they close the book on me and you, it will say that at this moment you were not there for me. And for that, obviously, there will be some kind of punishment.
Charlie Young: Well, you could sing Puccini for me again, Mr. President, and we'll call it even.

C.J. Cregg: I rode the exercise bike this morning for an hour and a half. If it was a real bicycle I would have been in Belgium by now.

C.J. Cregg: What can I bring into the room about the conference?
Sam Seaborn: The sessions are productive, progress is being made, this kind of things take time, all the parties are optimistic.
C.J. Cregg: Are any of the parties optimistic?
Sam Seaborn: No.

Josh Lyman: You look familiar to me. You're Aimsley Hayes!
Ainsley Hayes: Ainsley. With an "n".
Sam Seaborn: She works here now.
Josh Lyman: What?
Sam Seaborn: Leo hired her.
Josh Lyman: What are you talking about?
Sam Seaborn: Leo hired her. He told me and C.J., he was waiting to tell you and Toby.
Josh Lyman: What was he waiting for?

Donna Moss: I'm doing the radio today.
Sam Seaborn: What's it about?
Donna Moss: You don't know what it's about?
Donna Moss: You're a speechwriter.
Sam Seaborn: I'm the Deputy Communications Director. I don't do the radio address.
Donna Moss: I think this one's about leaves turning.
Sam Seaborn: Wouldn't be surprised.
Donna Moss: Will he take it seriously?
Sam Seaborn: The President?
Donna Moss: Yeah.
Sam Seaborn: Why wouldn't he take it seriously?
Donna Moss: You don't take it seriously.
Sam Seaborn: I'm not the one who has to read it.

[The President is trying to tape the Saturday morning radio address, but can't get it right]
Engineer: Cut take!
President Josiah Bartlet: Sorry, everybody. This is gonna be it. Four is my lucky number.
Donna Moss: This is take five, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: Five is my lucky number. "Fifth-take Bartlet" -- that's what Jack Warner used to call me.
Donna Moss: Did you really know Jack Warner, Mr. President?
President Josiah Bartlet: Yeah, because I used to be a contract player in Hollywood and I'm 97 years old.

Engineer: Saturday morning radio address, take 21.
Donna Moss: I have a really good feeling about this one, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: Is this still my first term?

C.J. Cregg: [Talking about Ainsley Hayes] I'm going to tell you something, Toby. I don't think it's that she's a Republican, I think it's that she's a Republican woman and she's good-looking.
Toby Ziegler: Those three things, when in combination, usually spell 'careerism'.

Ainsley Hayes: So you lied to me just then.
Leo McGarry: I'm a politician, Ainsley. Of course I lied to you just then.

Lionel Tribbey: Who is this?
Leo McGarry: This is Ainsley Hayes. She's scared of meeting you, so be nice.
Lionel Tribbey: Uh, the girl who's been writing the columns.
Leo McGarry: Yeah.
Lionel Tribbey: [to Ainsley] You're an idiot.
Ainsley Hayes: Leo ..
Leo McGarry: She's not an idiot, Lionel. She clerked for Dreifort.
Lionel Tribbey: Well, Dreifort's an idiot.
Leo McGarry: Dreifort's a Supreme Court Justice, Lionel, so let's speak of him with respect and practice some tolerance for those who disagree with us.
Lionel Tribbey: I believe, as long as Justice Dreifort is intolerant toward gays, lesbians, blacks, unions, women, poor people, and first, fourth, fifth, and ninth amendments, I will remain intolerant toward him.
[grins at Ainsley]
Lionel Tribbey: Nice to meet you.

[The President and the First Lady can finally have sex after a long time; they are in the Oval office]
Abbey Bartlet: Blood Pressure 120/80!
President Josiah Bartlet: Who cares? It's been 14 weeks! Do these curtains close?
Abbey Bartlet: Not here, Jed!
President Josiah Bartlet: Yes. You're right... where?
Abbey Bartlet: How about our bedroom?
President Josiah Bartlet: New Hampshire is an hour and a half away by plane. I don't think I have that kind of time.
Abbey Bartlet: How about our bedroom in the residence?
President Josiah Bartlet: Yes! We have a bedroom right here in the building. That was so smart!
Abbey Bartlet: Yes.
President Josiah Bartlet: Let's go!
Abbey Bartlet: Jed!
President Josiah Bartlet: What?
Abbey Bartlet: Korea? Plutonium?
President Josiah Bartlet: Oh God... I hate plutonium!

President Josiah Bartlet: [to the Secret Service agents] Guys, it's very important that nobody tries to kill me in the next hour or so.

Abbey Bartlet: Nellie Bly risked her life by having herself committed to a mental institution for ten days so she could write about it. She changed entirely the way we treat the mentally ill in this country. In 1890, she traveled around the world in 72 days, 6 hours, 11 minutes and 14 seconds, besting, by more than one week, Jules Verne's 80 days.
President Josiah Bartlet: She sounds like an incredible woman, Abbey, and I'm particularly impressed that she beat a fictional record. If she goes twenty-one thousand leagues under the sea I'll name a damn school after her! Let's have sex!

Leo McGarry: Sam Seaborn had this innocent relationship with a girl -- bam! Here comes the enemy. I'm a recovering alcoholic. Bam! Radio, TV, magazines, cameras in front of my house, people shouting at my daughter at the ballgame, editorials, op-eds. "He's a drunk. He's dangerous. He should resign."
Ainsley Hayes: I wrote one of those op-ed pieces.
Leo McGarry: I know.

Ainsley Hayes: Mr. Tribbey? I'd like to do well on this, my first assignment. Any advice you could give me that might point me the way of success would be, by me, appreciated.
Lionel Tribbey: Well, not speaking in iambic pentameter might be a step in the right direction.

General Ed Barrie: How about we discuss new defense spending being down to three hundred billion from four hundred billion ten years ago. Is that personal?
C.J. Cregg: No, sir, I think that's about the cold war ending ten years ago and America not needing to spend quite so much money defending itself against a country that can't bake bread.

Toby Ziegler: We're Batman and Robin!
Sam Seaborn: Which one's which?
Toby Ziegler: Look at me, Sam. Am I Robin?

Mrs. Landingham: In my day we knew how to protect ourselves.
Leo McGarry: Well, in your day you could fight off the Indians with a Daniel Boone musket, couldn't you?
Mrs. Landingham: Ah, sarcasm - the grumpy man's wit.
Leo McGarry: Go sharpen a pencil, would you?

President Josiah Bartlet: You know, we're coming up to a good part
Ellie: Dad, people are trying to watch the movie
President Josiah Bartlet: You wanna bet your tuition no one in this room is going to shush me?

President Josiah Bartlet: Are you pushing the missile system so I look strong on defense?
Leo McGarry: No.
President Josiah Bartlet: Then why?
Leo McGarry: Because I think it works.
President Josiah Bartlet: Based on what?
Leo McGarry: Confidence. And the understanding that there has been a point in the evolution of everything that works when it didn't work.

[Discussing a $60b missile defense system]
Josh Lyman: Hey, why don't we just give Korea the sixty billion in exchange for not bombing us?
President Josiah Bartlet: [stares at him blankly for a moment] It's a wonder you're not on the National Secuirty Council.
Josh Lyman: I know, I feel like they're missing an important voice.

[Ainsley Hayes is about to meet her new boss, White House counsel Lionel Tribbey.]
Leo McGarry: You're going to meet him right now. It's going to be fine...
Ainsley Hayes: It's not going to be fine. He's gonna yell, and scream, I've seen him on TV...
Leo McGarry: Well, that's TV! He's making a full-throated defense of the President! That's what we do. Believe me, in real life, when the cameras are off...
[Lionel Tribbey storms into the office, smacking a cricket bat against the walls with great fury!]
Lionel Tribbey: [screaming] I will KILL people today, Leo! I will KILL people with this cricket bat, which was given to me by Her Royal Majesty Elizabeth Windsor, and then I will kill them again WITH MY OWN HANDS!

President Josiah Bartlet: What are you, my zen master? Can I be in control of my own life?

C.J. Cregg: I have the ancient curse of Bast, on me, OK? So back off, Sparky.
Sam Seaborn: OK.

Toby Ziegler: C.J., you fell in the pool there...
C.J. Cregg: Yeah.
Toby Ziegler: C.J., why did you...
C.J. Cregg: Avert your eyes.
Toby Ziegler: Excuse Me?"
C.J. Cregg: I fell in the pool, when I get out my clothes will be clingy, avert you eyes.
Toby Ziegler: C.J., I really don't think this is the time to...
C.J. Cregg: Avert Your Eyes!
Toby Ziegler: OK."
[turning around, as C.J. gets out of the pool, and straightens her dress out.]
C.J. Cregg: Oh, turn around.
Toby Ziegler: [laughs]

[signing Christmas cards]
Leo McGarry: Who's Sarah?
Margaret: You're sister.

Charlie Young: Zoey and I are going out, Leo
Leo McGarry: You're taking protection, right?
Charlie Young: Leo, that's kind of personal!
Leo McGarry: I meant Secret Service but thanks for the image.
Zoey Bartlet: Good night, Leo

President Josiah Bartlet: Phil, if it ends up that Fitzwallace has to call this kids parents, I swear to God I'm invading Baghdad.

President Josiah Bartlet: [The President is telling an unenthusiastic Josh about National Parks] Shenandoah National Park! Right here in Virginia. We should organize a staff field trip to Shenandoah. I can even act as the guide! What do you think?
Josh Lyman: [audibly but under his breath] Good a place as any to dump your body.
President Josiah Bartlet: What was that?
Josh Lyman: Did I say that out loud?
President Josiah Bartlet: See? And I was going to let you go home.
Josh Lyman: But instead?
President Josiah Bartlet: We're going to talk about Yosemite.

Woman in Bar: You've been a ... what do you call it?
Toby Ziegler: Professional political operative.
Woman in Bar: You've been one your whole life?
Toby Ziegler: There was a while there I was in Elementary School.

Danny Concannon: ... who's in charge?
C.J. Cregg: The Vice-President. The Secretary of State. The National Security Advisor. The Secretary of Defense. The Guard of the Joint Chiefs. The White House Chief of Staff.
Danny Concannon: You just named six people. Who's in *charge*?
C.J. Cregg: The Canadians.
Danny Concannon: CJ...
C.J. Cregg: You understand I'm talking about the hockey team.

President Josiah Bartlet: There was a while there I waned to be a chemistry professor.
Leo McGarry: What happened?
President Josiah Bartlet: I never actually studied chemistry.
Leo McGarry: Well a lot of these college chemistry departments are really demanding that way.

[While hearing the Canadian National anthem playing at his wife's party]
President Josiah Bartlet: When I left 45 minutes ago, we were all American! What happened?

Josh Lyman: Oh, and don't go through the lobby.
Sam Seaborn: Why not?
Josh Lyman: There are Indians in the lobby.
Sam Seaborn: Is that some sort of code?
Josh Lyman: No, there are Indians in the lobby.

Toby Ziegler: Wanna play pool?
C.J. Cregg: I don't know how to play
Toby Ziegler: Then you wanna play for money?

President Josiah Bartlet: Charlie could you arrange for my middle daughter to come see me at her earliest possible convenience?
Charlie Young: yes sir
President Josiah Bartlet: ah, screw her convenience get her ass down here

Leo McGarry: We spent millions of dollars developing a pen that could write in space. Do you know what the Russians did?
Josh Lyman: Used a pencil?
Leo McGarry: Used a pencil.

Toby Ziegler: It's not going to be a big deal.
Sam Seaborn: Isn't that what we usually say right before something becomes a big deal?

President Josiah Bartlet: Did the Celtics win last night?
Charlie Young: No they got crushed.
President Josiah Bartlet: Okay when I say did they win? you can just say yes or no.
Charlie Young: They got pretty well crushed.

Ainsley Hayes: And I'm still scared to meet him, but I'll overcome that to erase the humiliation that I have brought upon myself and my father.
Sam Seaborn: You're just in your own little Euripides play over there, aren't you?

Leo McGarry: You know, sometimes, I don't even know what you're talking about.
President Josiah Bartlet: Sometimes I'm just making it up.

Josh Lyman: What's the good of being in power if you're not gonna haul your enemies in for questioning?

Leo McGarry: If we're gonna walk into walls, I want us running into 'em full speed.

[On neighborhood watch cell phone funding]
President Josiah Bartlet: It's too small. I could fund this out of my pocket.
Toby Ziegler: It's $10 million.
President Josiah Bartlet: Leo could fund this out of his pocket.

[About a kid who shot his teacher]
Josh Lyman: His parents Fed-ex'd him to Rome; which is in Italy.
Sam Seaborn: Really?
Josh Lyman: Yes, Rome is in Italy.

[President cooking Thanksgiving dinner]
Operator: Thank you for calling the Butterball Hotline.
President Josiah Bartlet: If I cook the stuffing inside my turkey, can I kill my guests? I'm not saying that would be a deal breaker.

Josh Lyman: No, what you did was vote for every Republican in Wisconsin. I'd have that checked. You probably voted for McCarthy.

Sam Seaborn: You're a cheap hack. You go after Leo, I'll bust you like a pinata.

Will: Is that the oval office right there?
Toby Ziegler: Yes.
Will: I'm averting my eyes.

Donna Moss: You have to talk to him again.
Josh Lyman: Why?
Donna Moss: Cuz now he's gonna think I'm flaky.
Josh Lyman: Maybe but he's not gonna care.
Donna Moss: Why not?
Josh Lyman: Guys'll go out with anyone.

Sam Seaborn: You're gonna get asked if you're supporting my campaign.
President Josiah Bartlet: Are you running?
President Josiah Bartlet: Then you have my full support.

Admiral Percy Fitzwallace: Can you tell when its peacetime and wartime anymore?
Leo McGarry: No.
Admiral Percy Fitzwallace: I don't know who the world's leading expert on warfare is, but any list of the top has got to include me, and I can't tell when it's peacetime and wartime anymore.

Leo McGarry: The president's personal aide, they're looking at a kid. Do you have any problem with a young black man waiting on the President?
Admiral Percy Fitzwallace: I'm an old black man and I wait on the president.
Leo McGarry: The kid's got to carry his bags...
Admiral Percy Fitzwallace: You gonna pay him a decent wage?
Admiral Percy Fitzwallace: You gonna treat him with respect in the workplace?
Admiral Percy Fitzwallace: Then why the hell should I care?
Leo McGarry: That's what I thought.
Admiral Percy Fitzwallace: I've got some real, honest-to-God battles to fight, Leo. I don't have time for the cosmetic ones.

Abbey Bartlet: I haven't come in here because it seems that every time I do there's a new White House Council. I think Leo keeps them in the basement like those two ladies in arsenic and old lace.

President Josiah Bartlet: Abbey?
Abbey Bartlet: Jed.
President Josiah Bartlet: Listen.
Abbey Bartlet: You missed it. It was incredible.
President Josiah Bartlet: Look.
Abbey Bartlet: All over the news. This crazy man got in front of millions of people and totally screwed his wife.

Abbey Bartlet: Jed, I'm not your mommy.

Leo McGarry: Now, please, don't leap into it. Don't..
[Bartlett answers the phone.]
President Josiah Bartlet: There are BIG SIGNS. You CAN'T park there! They *should* get towed! I hope they get towed to Queens, and the Tri-borough is closed, and there's a big craft show at Shea, a flea market or a TRACTOR SHOW!
[Bartlett hangs up.]
Charlie Young: Well, that was probably his secretary.
President Josiah Bartlet: Damn it!

President Josiah Bartlet: Ah, Toby. We've gotta straighten out Medicaid.
Toby Ziegler: Yeah.
President Josiah Bartlet: You know, after the Civil War, veterans had to come to D.C. to get their pensions? They had to visit the office personally. They waited for a clerk to look through all the Civil War records until their papers were found. You know what their papers were bound with?
Toby Ziegler: No.
President Josiah Bartlet: Red tape. That's where it comes from.

Danny Concannon: [At a Press Conference] Is the reason the President has not revealed his plan to fight inflation because it is a secret plan?
Josh Lyman: That's right, Danny. We have a secret plan to fight inflation.

[Of the Mars probe ship Galileo]
Toby Ziegler: They know it was on course traveling at a rate of 15,400 miles per hour, which it was supposed to. Somewhere during its descent it was also supposed to release two probes -- each about the size of a basketball -- firing them deep into the ground as part of the mission's search for evidence of water under surface.
Josh Lyman: We think if we hit the ground hard enough, we can make it to the center of the planet and find water?
Toby Ziegler: Yeah.
Josh Lyman: That's not a theory of physics pretty much disproved by Wile E. Coyote?

Will Bailey: You and Leo McGarry and Josh are his senior counselors. And it's not like he doesn't already want to go there.
Toby Ziegler: This language proposes a new doctrine for the use of force. That we use force whenever we see an injustice we want to correct. Like Mother Teresa with first strike capabilities.

Josh Lyman: We decided to move the press briefing to 2 to cover the teachers. But C.J. had emergency Root Canal at noon and was unable to do the briefing.
President Josiah Bartlet: Who did the briefing?
Josh Lyman: I did.
President Josiah Bartlet: Oh, God.

President Josiah Bartlet: Charlie wants to go out with Zoe.
[Leo cracks a huge smirk]
President Josiah Bartlet: Shut up!

Toby Ziegler: It's not the new millennium, but I'lljust let it drop.
Sam Seaborn: It is!
Toby Ziegler: It is not the new millennium. The year 2000 is the last year of the millennium, it's not the first year of the next one.
Sam Seaborn: But the common sensibility, towards Steven Jay Gould ...
Toby Ziegler: Stephen Jay Gould needs to look at a calendar.
Sam Seaborn: Gould says this is a largely unresolvable issue.
Toby Ziegler: Yes, it's tough to resolve. You have to look at a calendar.
[... ]
Sam Seaborn: You've got to ask yourself which is more exciting - watching your car roll over from 99.999 to 100.000 or watching it go from a hundred to a hundred and one.
C.J. Cregg: So technically the millennium is still a year away.
Sam Seaborn: Yeah, but ... we've made all these plans.

Josh Lyman: Good cop, bad cop. I'm the good cop. The four of you are the bad cops. Will, what are you?
Will: Bad cop.
Josh Lyman: Danny, what are you?
Danny Concannon: Bad cop.
Josh Lyman: Toby, what are you?
Toby Ziegler: Hurry up!
Josh Lyman: Charlie, what are you?
Charlie Young: I love Zoe and I must have her back.
Josh Lyman: The bad cop, that's right.
Will: [to Charlie] That's great news about Zoe, I didn't meet her but I bet she's nice.
Charlie Young: Not really, but my love for her knows no bounds.
Danny Concannon: Charlie, aren't you cold without a coat?
Charlie Young: I took of my coat to show my love for Zoe.
Danny Concannon: Wow.
Charlie Young: I'd take off my shirt too, but it's inappropriate with a tuxedo.
Danny Concannon: Not if we were at Chippendales.

President Josiah Bartlet: We didn't get a chance to talk again last night.
Abbey Bartlet: I don't think we should.
President Josiah Bartlet: Talk?
Abbey Bartlet: No.
President Josiah Bartlet: Ever?
Abbey Bartlet: Oh, if wishing made it so, Jed.

Leo McGarry: I fought a jungle war. I'm not doing it again. If I could put myself anywhere in time it would be in the cabinet room on August 4th 1964, when our ships were attacked by North Vietnam in the Tonkin Gulf. I'd say, 'Mr. President, don't do it. You're considering the commitment of a massive number of troops and throwing in our lot with torturers and panderers, leaders without principles and soldiers without conviction, with no clear mission and no end in sight'.

[On the war on drugs]
Leo McGarry: This war's at home. Its casualties are in our prisons and not our hospitals. The amount of money the American Government is spending in Columbia is the same amount that American consumers are spending buying drugs from Columbia. We're funding both sides of this war and we'll never win it that way.

[The President wants a disproportionate response to an American plane being shot down]
Leo McGarry: Do you think that increasing the body count is going to act as a deterrent?
President Josiah Bartlet: You're damn right I do.
Leo McGarry: Well then, you're just as stupid as these people who think that capital punishment will act as a deterrent to drug kingpins. As if drug kingpins didn't live their day to day lives under the possibility of execution, and their executions are a lot less dainty than ours, and tend to take place without the bother and expense of due process. So, my friend, if you want to start using American military strength as the arm of the Lord, you can do that. We're the only superpower left. You can conquer the world, like Charlemagne. But you better be prepared to kill everyone. And you had better start with me because I will raise up an army against you and I will beat you!

President Josiah Bartlet: So, what did you learn?
Toby Ziegler: Babies come with hats!

President Josiah Bartlet: I need a favor.
Ted Mitchell: Anything sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: I need you to hire a guy.
Ted Mitchell: Who Sir?
President Josiah Bartlet: The former ambassador to Bulgaria.
Ted Mitchell: Who is that sir?
President Josiah Bartlet: Ken Cochran.
Ted Mitchell: But isn't Ken Cochran the current ambassador to Bulgaria?
President Josiah Bartlet: Not for long. Look, he's a good man, a smart man, and I think he would make a good corporate officer.
Ted Mitchell: Why is he being fired sir?
President Josiah Bartlet: Gross incompetence; I'll be right back.

[Greeting Abby at her birthday celebrations]
Lord John Marbury: ABIGAIL! Your breasts are magnificent!

Leo McGarry: Josh, do you wanna mock people, or do you wanna let me talk to Toby?
Josh Lyman: I wanna mock people.

Donna Moss: What's going on?
Josh Lyman: Nothing.
Donna Moss: Really?
Josh Lyman: Yes.
Donna Moss: Are you lying?
Donna Moss: Should I leave?

President Josiah Bartlet: You know what my mother would call you, Toby? A pain in the ass.
Toby Ziegler: That's what my mother calls me, too, Mr. President.

President Josiah Bartlet: Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Do you know why?
Will Bailey: Because it's the only thing that ever has.

Sam Seaborn: Where are you going?
Josh Lyman: Where are you going?
Sam Seaborn: I was following you.
Josh Lyman: I was following you!
[awkward pause]
Sam Seaborn: All right... don't tell anyone about this, okay?

Danny Concannon: I'd get in trouble with the First Lady!
President Josiah Bartlet: Welcome to the club, Danny... we had jackets made!

Sam Seaborn: Good writers borrow from other writers, great writers steal from them outright.

Sam Seaborn: I thought you were trying to drive a wedge between us!
Leo McGarry: Yeah, but now you're just boring the crap out of me.

President Josiah Bartlet: [To the head of Zoey's Secret Service detail] By the way, before I forget... If it ever comes between killing the boyfriend and not killing the boyfriend, kill the boyfriend, OK?

[Josh is late for a briefing in the press room.]
Josh Lyman: I thought it wasn't supposed to start for another half an hour!
Donna Moss: You know what this means?
Josh Lyman: My watch sucks?
Donna Moss: Yes indeedy.

[CJ is in Josh's doorway with a wad of cotton in her mouth after having a root canal]
C.J. Cregg: Josh.
Josh Lyman: [Looks up at her] What the hell happened?
C.J. Cregg: I had woot canaw.
Josh Lyman: Why are you talking like that?
C.J. Cregg: [Walking further into his office] I had woot canaw.
Josh Lyman: Are you in a lot of pain?
C.J. Cregg: I had woot canaw!
[puts her hand on the side of her mouth, clearly in pain]
Josh Lyman: Yeah, I understood you the first time, I was just having a little fun.

[Walking up to Margaret's desk]
Bruno Gianelli: Hey, hey, Stacy.
Margaret: It's Margaret.
Bruno Gianelli: I thought Margaret was the girl who used to work here.
Margaret: *I'm* the girl who used to work here.
Bruno Gianelli: Yeah. Well, someone told me to give this to you.
[hands her a box]

[seeing Bruno walking out of Leo's office]
Margaret: Mr. Gianelli...
Bruno Gianelli: [soft smile] Bruno's fine.
[we then see what was in the box: a necklace that says 'Margaret' on it]

Sam Seaborn: Just how smart are you Charlie?
Charlie Young: I've got some game.

[despondent over his current writing "slump"]
Sam Seaborn: Oratory should raise your heart rate. Oratory should blow the doors off the place. We should be talking about not being satisfied with past solutions; we should be talking about a permanent revolution!

Leo McGarry: I'm an alcoholic. I don't need a reason.

[CJ is mad at Josh for posting a message on a message board on a Josh Lyman fansite]
C.J. Cregg: If you ever post anything on that website again, I will shove the motherboard so far up your ass...
Josh Lyman: You do know I outrank you right?
C.J. Cregg: SO FAR UP YOU ASS!

[The Senior Staff are playing a pick-up basketball game with the President.]
Josh Lyman: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Who is this?
President Josiah Bartlet: I'm making a substitution.
Toby Zeigler: Who is this guy?
President Josiah Bartlet: Mr. Grant is a Federal employee.
[Mr. Grant is a tall, black man who looks like a pro basketball player.]
Toby Zeigler: You know the thing about you, Mr. President? It isn't so much that you cheat. It's how brazenly bad you are at it.
President Josiah Bartlet: I beg your pardon?
Josh Lyman: Toby's got a point there, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: When have I ever cheated?
Toby Zeigler: Up in Florida, playing mixed doubles with me and C.J. You tried to tell us that your partner worked at the American Consulate in Vienna.
President Josiah Bartlet: And she did!
Toby Zeigler: It was Steffi Graf, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: Well, I will admit that the woman bore a striking resemblance...
Toby Zeigler: It was Steffi Graf, you lunatic! You think I'm not going to recognize Steffi Graf when she serves a tennis ball at me?
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Ti'ana » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:27 pm

LOTR

Sam: I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to.

Aragorn: If by me life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
Legolas: ...and you have my bow...
Gimli: ...and my axe.
Boromir: You carry the fate of us all little one.

Elrond: Nine companions, so be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring.
Pippin: Great! Where are we going?

Galadriel: Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

Gimli: Nobody tosses a dwarf!
Pippin: what's that?
Merry: This, my friend, is a pint.
Pippin: It comes in pints?
[In low voice]
Pippin: I'm getting one.

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Gandalf: Confound it all, Samwise Gamgee! Have you been eavesdropping?
Sam: I haven't been droppin' no eaves sir, honest! I was just cutting the grass under the window there, if you'll follow me.
Gandalf: A little late for trimming the verge, don't you think?
Sam: I heard raised voices.
Gandalf: What did you hear? Speak!
Sam: N-nothing important. That is, I heard a good deal about a ring, and a dark lord, and something about the end of the world, but please, Mr. Gandalf, sir, don't hurt me. Don't turn me into anything...unnatural.

Pippin: Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of... mission... quest... thing.
Merry: Well, that rules you out, Pip.

Gimli: Not the beard!

Sam: Trust a Brandybuck and a Took.
Merry: What? That was just a detour, a shortcut.
Sam: Shortcut to what?
Pippin: Mushrooms.

Gimli: I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox
Haldir: The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark.
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:58 am

Memorable Quotes from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

(After being surrounded by Klingons in a starship simulator.)
Saavik: Any suggestions, Admiral?

Kirk: Prayer, Mr. Saavik. The Klingons don't take prisoners.
Kirk: Galloping around the cosmos is a game for the young, Doctor.
David Marcus: Scientists have always been pawns of the military!
Carol Marcus: Please tell me what you're feeling.

Kirk: There's a man out there I haven't seen in 15 years who's trying to kill me. You show me a son that'd be happy to help. My son! My life that could have been... and wasn't. How do I feel? Old. Worn out.

Carol Marcus: Let me show you something that will make you feel young as when the world was new.
(On whether Kirk should assume command from Spock.)
Spock: If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a starship is your first, best destiny; anything else is a waste of material.

Kirk: I would not presume to debate you.

Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:00 am

Kirk: Or the one.

Spock: You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.
(Kirk and McCoy are beaming down to Regula One.)
Spock: Jim, be careful.

McCoy: *We* will.
(Kirk remotely commands Reliant's shields to drop.)
Joachim: Our shields are lowering!

Khan: Raise them!

Joachim: (pounds fists on console) I can't!

Khan: The override! Where's the override?
(After allowing the simulated Enterprise to be destroyed.)
Saavik: Permission to speak freely, sir?

Kirk: Granted.

Saavik: I do not believe this was a fair test of my command abilities.

Kirk: And why not?

Saavik: Because... there was no way to win.

Kirk: A no-win situation is a possibility every commander may face. Has that never occurred to you?

Saavik: No sir, it has not.

Kirk: How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say?

Saavik: As I indicated, Admiral, that thought had not occurred to me.

Kirk: Well, now you have something new to think about. Carry on.
Spock: He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates 2 dimensional thinking.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:02 am

Kirk: Scotty, I need warp speed in three minutes or we're all dead!
McCoy: Damn it Jim, what the hell is the matter with you? Other people have birthdays, why are we treating yours like a funeral?
(Terrell disobeys Khan's order to kill Kirk, who taunts Khan over the communicator.)
Kirk: Khan, you bloodsucker! You're gonna have to do your own dirty work now, do you hear me? Do you?

Khan: Kirk! You're still alive, old friend!

Kirk: Still, "old friend!" You've managed to kill everyone else but like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target.

Khan: Perhaps I no longer need to try, Admiral.
(beams the Genesis device away)

Kirk: Khan... Khan, you've got Genesis, but you don't have me. You were going to kill me, Khan. You're gonna have to come down here. You're gonna have to come down here.

Khan: I've done far worse than kill you, Admiral. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her: marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet, buried alive. Buried alive.

Kirk: KHAAANNNN!
(echo)
Kirk: KHAAANNNN!
Kirk: (taunting Khan) Khan, I'm laughing at the superior intellect.
Spock: The Kobayashi Maru scenario frequently wreaks havoc on students and equipment. As I recall you took the test three times yourself. Your final solution was, shall we say, unique?

Kirk: It had the virtue of never having been tried.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:04 am

Saavik: Admiral, may I ask you a question?

Kirk: What's on your mind, Lieutenant?

Saavik: The Kobayashi Maru, sir.

Kirk: Are you asking me if we're playing out that scenario now?

Saavik: On the test, sir. Will you tell me what you did? I would really like to know.

McCoy: Lieutenant, you are looking at the only Starfleet cadet who ever beat the no-win scenario.

Saavik: How?

Kirk: I reprogrammed the simulation so it was possible to rescue the ship.

Saavik: What?

David Marcus: He cheated.

Kirk: I changed the conditions of the test. I got a commendation for original thinking. I don't like to lose.

Saavik: Then you never faced that situation. Faced death.

Kirk: I don't believe in the no-win scenario.
Saavik: He's never what I expect, sir.

Spock: What surprises you, Lieutenant?

Saavik: He's so - human.

Spock: Nobody's perfect, Saavik.
McCoy: Where are we going?

Kirk: Where they went.

McCoy: Suppose they went nowhere?

Kirk: Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all.
Khan: These people have sworn to live and die at my command 200 years before you were born.
Khan: These people have sworn to live and die at my command two hundred years before you were born! Do you mean he never told you the tale? To amuse your Captain, no? Never told you how the Enterprise picked up the Botany Bay lost in space from the year 1996 with myself and ship's company in cryogenic freeze?

Capt. Terrell: I never even met Admiral Kirk.

Khan: Admiral? Admiral? Admiral... Never told you how 'Admiral' Kirk sent seventy of us into exile in this barren sandheap with only the contents of this cargo bay to sustain us?

Chekov: You lie! On Ceti Alpha V there was life! A fair chance...

Khan: This is Ceti Alpha V!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:05 am

(Khan, about to put Ceti Eels in Terrell and Chekov's ears.)
Khan: You see, their young enter through the ears and wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex. This has the effect of rendering the victim extremely susceptible to suggestion. Later as they grow follows madness and death.

Chekov: Khan, listen to me -

Khan: These are pets, of course. Not quite domesticated.
Kirk: I would not presume to debate you.

Spock: That is wise.
Saavik: You lied.

Spock: I exaggerated.
Khan: Ah Kirk, my old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It is very cold in space.
(When Khan realizes the Enterprise isn't as badly damaged as he thought.)
Khan: Ah. Not so wounded as we were led to believe. So much the better.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:06 am

Khan: To the last, I will grapple with thee.
Khan: From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.
Kirk: We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. But it should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human.
Kirk: I suppose you're about to remind me that logic alone dictates your actions?

Spock: I would not remind you of that which you know so well.
Khan: I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:07 am

(Discussing the effects of the Genesis torpedo.)
McCoy: Dear Lord! You think we're intelligent enough to... suppose... what if this thing were used where life already exists?

Spock: It would destroy such life in favor of its new matrix.

McCoy: "Its new matrix"? Do you have any idea what you're saying?

Spock: I was not attempting to evaluate its moral implications, Doctor. As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy than to create.

McCoy: Not anymore; now we can do both at the same time! According to myth, the Earth was created in 6 days. Now, watch out! Here comes Genesis! We'll do it for you in 6 minutes!

Spock: Really, Dr. McCoy. You must learn to govern your passions; they will be your undoing. Logic suggests...

McCoy: Logic? My God, the man's talking about logic; we're talking about universal armageddon!
Kirk: You've managed to kill just about everyone else, but like a poor marksman you keep missing the target.
Kirk: I don't believe in a no-win scenario.
Kirk: Stand by to receive our transmission.
(sotto voce)
Kirk: Mr. Sulu, lock phasers on target.
Saavik: Humor. It is a difficult concept. It is not logical.

Kirk: We learn by doing.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:11 am

David Marcus: Lieutenant Saavik was right: You never have faced death.

Kirk: No. Not like this. I haven't faced death. I've cheated death. I've tricked my way out of death and patted myself on the back for my ingenuity. I know nothing.

David Marcus: You knew enough to tell Saavik that how we face death is at least as important as how we face life.

Kirk: Just words.

David Marcus: But good words. That's where ideas begin. Maybe you should listen to them. I was wrong about you. And I'm sorry.

Kirk: Is that what you came here to say?

David Marcus: Mainly. And also that I'm proud - very proud - to be your son.
McCoy: He's not really dead. As long as we remember him.

Kirk: It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done before. A far better resting place that I go to than I have ever known.

Carol Marcus: Is that a poem?

Kirk: No. Something Spock was trying to tell me. On my birthday.

McCoy: You okay, Jim? How do you feel?

Kirk: Young. I feel young.
(Spock, having saved the ship, is dying.)
Kirk: Spock!

Spock: Ship... out of danger?

Kirk: Yes.

Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh...

Kirk: ... the needs of the few.

Spock: ... Or the one. I never took the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

Kirk: Spock...

Spock: I have been and always shall be your friend.
(Holds up his hand in the Vulcan salute.)
Spock: Live long and prosper.
Captain Terrell: Sir, I demand...

Khan: You are in a position to demand *nothing*. I, on the other hand, am in a position to *grant* nothing.
Chekov: (to Khan) Captain Kirk was your host! You repaid his hospitality by trying to steal his ship and murder him!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:12 am

Khan: THIS IS CETI ALPHA V!... Ceti Alpha VI exploded six months after we were left here.
David Marcus: RELIANT is supposed to be at OUR disposal, not vice-versa!
Sulu: So much for a little training cruise.
Khan: Let them eat static!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:13 am

(Saavik has just left the turbolift)
Dr. McCoy: Did she change her hairstyle?

Kirk: I hadn't noticed.

Dr. McCoy: Wonderful stuff, that Romulan Ale!
(Kirk has been informed of an incoming transmission from Dr. Carol Marcus)
Dr. McCoy: It never rains but it pours.

Kirk: As a doctor, you of all people should be aware of the dangers of reopening old wounds!
(Chekov has noticed an energy flux reading on the scanner, prompting Terrell to contact Dr. Carol Marcus)
Captain Clark Terrell: Maybe it's something we can transplant, uhm?

Cmdr. Pavel Chekov: You *know* what she'll say!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:18 am

Memorable Quotes from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)

Kirk: How are we doing?

McCoy: How are "we" doing? Funny you should put it quite that way, Jim. "We" are doing fine.
Sulu: The word, sir?

Kirk: The word is no. I am therefore going anyway.
(Their first look at the U.S.S. Excelsior.)
Uhura: Would you look at that!

Kirk: My friends, the great experiment: The Excelsior. Ready for trial runs.

Sulu: She's supposed to have transwarp drive.

Scotty: Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon!

Kirk: Come, come, Mr. Scott. Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant!
Scotty: The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.
Kirk: You're suffering from a Vulcan mind-meld, doctor.

McCoy: That green-blooded son of a b!#@h! It's his revenge for all the arguments he lost.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:21 am

Memorable Quotes from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)

Kirk: My God, Bones, what have I done?

McCoy: What you had to do; what you always do: turn death into a fighting chance to live.
Kirk: Sorry about your crew, but as we say on Earth, c'est la vie.
Alien: To your planet, welcome.

McCoy: I think that's *my* line, stranger.

Alien: Oh, forgive. I here am new. But you are known, being McCoy from Enterprise.

McCoy: You have me at a disadvantage, sir.

Alien: Oh, I name not important. You seek I. Message received. Available ship stands by.

McCoy: How much and how soon?

Alien: How soon is now. How much is, where?

McCoy: Somewhere in the Mutara sector.

Alien: Oh, Mutara restricted! Take permits many; money more.

McCoy: There aren't gonna be any damned permits! How can you get a permit to do a damned illegal thing? Look, price you name, money I got.

Alien: Place *you* name, money *I* name, otherwise bargain, no.

McCoy: Alright, damn it! It's Genesis! The name of the place we're going is GENESIS!

Alien: Genesis?

McCoy: Yes, Genesis! How can you be deaf with ears like that?

Alien: Genesis allowed is not! Is planet forbidden!
Captain Spock: Jim. Your name... is Jim.
Cmdr. Hikaru Sulu: DON'T call me "Tiny."
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:22 am

Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:26 am

Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:28 am

Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:29 am

Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:01 am

Memorable Quotes from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)

(McCoy trying to discuss what death was like with Spock)
McCoy: C'mon Spock, it's me, McCoy. You really have gone where no man's gone before. Can't you tell me what it felt like?
(Kirk sells his glasses, trying to get some 20th century cash)
Antique Store Owner: Well they'd be worth more if the lenses were intact. I'll give you... one hundred dollars.

Kirk: Is that a lot?
(Explaining Spock's odd behavior.)
Kirk: Oh, him? He's harmless. Part of the free speech movement at Berkeley in the sixties. I think he did a little too much LDS.
(Spock is still learning how to use profanity correctly.)
Spock: They like you very much, but they are not the hell "your" whales.

Dr. Gillian Taylor: I suppose they told you that.

Spock: The hell they did.
(faced with a 20th century computer)
Scotty: Computer. Computer?
(Scotty picks the mouse and speaks into it)
Scotty: Hello, computer!

Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard!

Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:03 am

Dr. Gillian Taylor: Do you guys like Italian?

Spock: No.

Spock: No.

Kirk: I love Italian,
(looks at Spock)
Kirk: And so do you.

Spock: Yes.
(As Kirk is about to sell a pair of glasses to an antique dealer in the 20th century.)
Spock: Weren't those a gift from Dr. McCoy?

Kirk: And they will be again. That's the beauty of it!
Spock: Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors, "double dumb-a$$ on you" and so forth.

Kirk: Oh, you mean the profanity?

Spock: Yes.

Kirk: Well that's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word.
Kirk: Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?

Spock: One damn minute, Admiral.
(After landing and cloaking a Klingon spaceship in Golden Gate Park)
Kirk: Everybody remember where we parked.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:05 am

Kirk: If we play our cards right, we may be able to find out when those whales are being released.

Spock: How will playing cards help?
Dr. Gillian Taylor: Don't tell me, you're from outer space.

Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.
Kirk: Out of the way--

Policeman: Sorry, Doctor, I have strict orders--

(Gillian moans in pain)
McCoy: My God man! Do you want an acute case on your hands? This woman has immediate post-parandial, upper-abdominal distention!
(The guards let them enter the operating room)

Kirk: What did you say she has?

McCoy: Cramps.
(Gillian has just beamed aboard the Klingon ship for the first time.)
Kirk: Hello, Alice. Welcome to Wonderland!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:06 am

(Uhura and Chekov are lost and looking to find an aircraft carrier)
Chekov: Excuse me I'm looking for the nuclear wessels
(A cop looks at him)
Chekov: Nuclear wessels.
McCoy: I mean, I may have carried your soul but I sure couldn't fill your shoes.

Spock: My shoes?

McCoy: Forget it.
Dr. Gillian Taylor: Are you sure you won't change your mind?

Spock: Is there something wrong with the one I have?
Scotty: Admiral, there be whales here!
McCoy: What's wrong with you?

Elderly patient: I'm waiting for dialysis.

McCoy: Dialysis? What is this, the Dark Ages?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Zen