[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Movie Quote Zen!

Movie Quote Zen!

Here lies games and other Zen Threads for the USS Zealous

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:36 pm

Memorable Quotes from Elf (2003)

Buddy: Actually, I'm a human, but I was raised by elves.

Carolyn: I'm a human... raised by humans.

Buddy: Cool.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emily: You sure like sugar, don't you?

Buddy: Does syrup have sugar in it?

Emily: Yes.

Buddy: Then YES!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buddy: You smell like beef and cheese! Santa doesn't smell like that!
Buddy: I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite.
Buddy: Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:37 pm

(Buddy burps loudly)
Buddy: Did you hear that?
Buddy: Watch out, the yellow ones don't stop!
Elf Teacher: Now, before we learn how to build the latest in extreme graphic chipset processors, let's recite the code of the elves, shall we?
(Buddy is pressing the elevator buttons at the same time)
Buddy: It looks like a Christmas tree.
Gimbel's Manager: There's no singing in the North Pole.

Buddy: Yes there is.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:38 pm

Buddy: SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!
Carolyn: Thanks Buddy!
(While Ice Skating, Buddy kisses her on the cheek)
Jovie: You missed.
Jovie: Now, tell me why you were in the girls' locker room this morning?

Buddy: I heard you singing and I wanted to join in.

Jovie: It didn't have anything to do with the fact that I was naked and in the shower?

Buddy: I didn't know you were naked.
Buddy: It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:39 pm

Buddy: I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands.
Buddy: I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of twirly wirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.
Buddy: First we'll make snow angels for a few hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough out of the can, and then we'll just cuddle.
Buddy: Can I listen to your necklace ?
(pointing to sign saying "World's Best Cup of Coffee")
Buddy: Congratulations, guys! You did it!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:42 pm

Memorable Quotes from Santa Clause, The (1994)

Little Elf Judy: Not too hot. Extra chocolate. Shaken, not stirred.
Little Elf Judy: Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing.
Scott Calvin: Can we take a direct flight back to reality, or do we have to change planes in Denver?
Mr. Whittle: You should see a doctor, a shrink, a dietitian, anything.
E.L.F.S. Leader: We're your worst nightmare. Elves with attitude.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Dr. Pete Novos: I don't know Scott. You're as healthy as a horse.

Scott Calvin: Yeah! Clydesdale!

Dr. Pete Novos: So what? You put on a little weight.

Scott Calvin: Weight? Does this look like a little weight to you?

Dr. Pete Novos: Weight can fluctuate from year to year.

Scott Calvin: Fluctuate? You make it sound like I'm retaining water. I've gained 45 pounds in a week. Pete, what's happening to me?

Dr. Pete Novos: Well what's your diet like?

Scott Calvin: Milk and cookies.

Dr. Pete Novos: Really?

Scott Calvin: But I don't finish all the milk.

Dr. Pete Novos: Well then there is your problem. Just try to cut back on the sweets, Okay?
Mr. Whittle: I don't know what's happening to you. You're starting to look like the Pillsbury Doughboy.
(flying away in the sleigh)
Scott Calvin: Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! When I get home, I'm getting a CAT scan!
Scott Calvin: Here we are. Denny's. Always open.

Charlie: I don't wanna eat here.

Scott Calvin: What are you talking about? Everybody likes Denny's, it's an American institution.
Charlie: Neil doesn't believe in Santa

Scott: Well, Neil's head comes to a point.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:45 pm

Laura: All Neil told him was that Santa was more of a feeling. More of a state of mind than an actual person.

Scott: Kind of like Neil.
Scott Calvin: You know, you look pretty good for your age.

Little Elf Judy: Thanks, but I'm seeing someone in wrapping.
Dr. Neil Miller: Scott, what was the last thing you and Charlie did, before you went to bed Christmas Eve?

Scott Calvin: We shared a bowl of sugar, and some shots of brown liquar, played with my shot guns, field-dressed a cat, 'looked for women.
(truthfully)
Scott Calvin: I read him a book!

Dr. Neil Miller: What book?

Scott Calvin: Hollywood Wives.
Scott Calvin: (truthfully) The Night Before Christmas, folks, come on!
Couch Girl: Santa?

Scott Calvin: Scott Calvin.

Couch Girl: Howcome your clothes are so baggy?

Scott Calvin: Because Santa is... watching his saturated fats.

Couch Girl: Howcome you don't have a beird?

Scott Calvin: Because I shaved!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:46 pm

Dr. Neil Miller: Charlie, I'm sorry I didn't believe you.

Charlie: That's okay, Neil. You were just denying your inner child.

Dr. Neil Miller: You're going to make a great psychiatrist someday, kid.

Charlie: Nah. I think that I'm going to go into the family business.
Bernard: What's all this boo-hooin' going on here?

Scott: Nothing, Bernard. I'm just saying good-bye.

Bernard: What good-bye? Charlie, you've still got the glass ball I gave you, right?

Charlie: Yeah.

Bernard: Well, all you've got to do is shake it up whenever you want to see your dad. He can come visit you anytime, day or night.

Charlie: Really?

Bernard: Hey, have I ever steered you wrong?
Charlie: Neil's a really good cook.

Scott Calvin: Yeah and you should see him walking on water.

Charlie: You don't like him very much, do you Dad?

Scott Calvin: Sure I do, I was just kidding around. But there's just something about him that makes me want to...

Charlie: Lash out irrationally?
Charlie: Woah Dad! You're flying!

Scott Calvin: It's ok, I'm used to it. I lived through the '60s.
(Charlie states that if Neil is invited in, Scott will say something snotty)
Scott Calvin: Not necessarily. It could be rude, sarcastic, whatever it takes!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:47 pm

Scott Calvin: Where is he?

Laura: Well, he could be jumping on his bed wearing a red hat and galloshes.

Scott Calvin: I don't care what Neil is doing. Where is Charlie?
Charlie: These are Santa's reindeer, aren't they?

Scott Calvin: I hope not. These are... A gift. Probably from the cable company. We're getting the Disney Channel now. Merry Christmas.
Scott Calvin: Well, isn't that a pretty picture, Santa rolling down the block in a PANZER! Well kids, I... I certainly hope you have been good this year, cause it looks like Santa just took out the Pearson home. Incoming!
Neil: What about Santa's reindeer? Have you even seen a reindeer fly?

Charlie: Yes.

Neil: Well, I haven't.

Charlie: Have you ever seen a million dollars?

Neil: No.

Charlie: Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean is doesn't exist.
Scott Calvin: Charlie, stay away from those things. They're reindeer, you don't know where they've been. They all look like they've got key lime disease.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:48 pm

Charlie: Dad, can you leave some milk and cookies out just in case?

Scott Calvin: Okay, I'll just go pre-heat the oven.

Charlie: And don't forget the fire extinguisher!

Scott Calvin: Good night, Charlie!
Scott Calvin: This suit, you never know where it's been. A thousand malls. Well I hope you're happy, Comet. I hope you're happy, but most of all, I hope the guy that lives here IS A TAILOR!
Scott Calvin: Who gave you permission to tell Charlie there was no Santa Claus? I think if we're going to destroy our son's delusions, I should be a part of it.
Charlie: You said you believe in Santa Claus, right Dad?

Scott Calvin: I did? I do!
Laura: Here's Neil's mother's number.

Scott Calvin: 1-800-SPANK-ME? I know that number.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:50 pm

Scott Calvin: (On the phone with his ex-wife while driving on an empty road) I ran real late today. You wouldn't believe the traffic out here. Hey, same to you! And that's not very lady like! Oh, there's a problem right there: three car pile-up. I'm really gonna be late.
Bernard: I'll ship the list to your house.

Scott Calvin: What list?

Bernard: You know, the list... He's making a list.

Charlie: Checkin' it twice.

Elves: 'Gonna find out who's naughty or nice!
Scott Calvin: Johnny, naughty. Gary, nice.
(Sees a beautiful woman)
Scott Calvin: Veronica, very nice.

Veronica: In your dreams, sleigh boy.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:51 pm

Scott Calvin: (To fallen Santa Claus) Fella, if you can hear me, I'm just looking for your identification. As soon as I find out who you are, I'll give you a ride back to the mall.
Scott Calvin: It was a dream! I don't even wear pajamas! Normally I sleep naked. BUCK naked! Ha! Good morning, Mrs. McCoy, Mary Katherine.

Mrs. McCoy: Eyes front, Mary Katherine.

Scott Calvin: Sometimes. Boxer shorts. You know.
Charlie: Get the bag of toys.

Scott Calvin: And do what?

Charlie: Go down the chimney.

Scott Calvin: Down the chimney? You want me to take the toys down the chimney into a strange house IN MY UNDERWEAR?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:52 pm

Memorable Quotes from Santa Clause 2, The (2002)

Scott Calvin/Santa Claus: I have to get married!?

Bernard: It's the Mrs. Claus.
Bernard: Curtis, you're 900-years-old, grow up!
Scott Calvin: How about, "The Molantator"?

Tooth Fairy: Molanator. I like it.
Scott Calvin: Neil, have you ever actually *helped* anyone?
Toy Santa: You are a sad, strange little man!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:52 pm

Memorable Quotes from Santa Clause 2, The (2002)

Lucy: Uncle Scott, are you Santa Claus?

Scott Calvin: What makes you say that?

Lucy: Because you have a reindeer.

Scott Calvin: Lots of people have reindeer.

Lucy: Name five.
Mother Nature: I'm pre-El Nino.
Charlie: Believing isn't seeing, but seeing is believing.
Easter Bunny: I have 30,000 kids; all private school.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ti'ana » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:02 pm

Qoutes from my FAVORITE SHOW EVER.......The West Wing (Down boys, I like my politically intellectual programming. ;-))

Sam Seaborn: About a week ago I accidentally slept with a prostitute.
Toby Ziegler: [pause] Really?
Sam Seaborn: Yes.
Toby Ziegler: A prostitute?
Sam Seaborn: A call girl.
Toby Ziegler: Accidentally?
Toby Ziegler: I don't understand. Did you *trip* over something?

President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?
Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're collectively da man, sir.
C.J. Cregg: When you flirt with me, are you doing it to get a story?
Danny Concannon: No.
C.J. Cregg: Then why are you doing it?
Danny Concannon: I'm doing it to flirt with you.

Josh Lyman: Senator, take your legislative agenda and shove it up your ass.

Toby Ziegler: Have you fallen on your head? Have you fallen down and hit your head on something hard?

Mandy Hampton: I'll kill you with my shoe!

Josh Lyman: Victory is mine, victory is mine, great day in the morning people, victory is mine. Donna, bring me the finest muffins and bagels in the land.
Donna Moss: This is going to be an unbearable day.

C.J. Cregg: Why Josh, you've swept me off my feet.
Josh Lyman: Whatever.

Mandy Hampton: Mr. President, if you could also see your way clear to not answering that question like an economics professor with a big old stick up his butt, that would be good too.
President Josiah Bartlet: I am an economics professor with a big old stick up my butt, but I'll do my best for you, there, Mandy.

Abbey Bartlet: What was the problem with the interview?
Sam Seaborn: There was no problem with the interview. Except it looked like you discovered there was a child labor problem in the world because a fourteen-year-old boy named Jeffrey just told you about it this morning.
Abbey Bartlet: I do not believe that is true.
Sam Seaborn: And I do not believe exercise is going to make me any healthier, but I didn't go to medical school. You did. You say so and I go to the gym.

Josh Lyman: All I'm saying is, if you were in an accident, I wouldn't stop to get a beer.
Donna Moss: If you were in an accident, I wouldn't stop for red lights.

[Charlie seeks and obtains the President's permission to date his daughter.]
President Josiah Bartlet: Just remember these two things: she's nineteen years old, and the 82nd Airborne works for me.

President Josiah Bartlet: I could jump you right now.
Abbey Bartlet: I could kill you right now.
President Josiah Bartlet: My idea is more fun.

President Josiah Bartlet: I was watching a television program before, with a kind of roving moderator who spoke to a seated panel of young women who were having some sort of problem with their boyfriends -- apparently, because the boyfriends had all slept with the girlfriends' mothers. And they brought the boyfriends out, and they fought, right there on television. Toby, tell me: these people don't vote, do they?

[With the cabinet member who stays behind during a State of the Union address]
President Josiah Bartlet: Roger, If anything happens, you know what to do, right?
Roger: I honestly hadn't thought about it, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: First thing always is national security. Get your commanders together. Appoint Joint Chiefs, appoint a chairman. Take us to defcon 4. Have the governors send emergency delegates to Washington. The assistant Attorney General is going to be the Acting A.G. You got a best friend?
Roger: Yes, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: Is he smarter than you?
President Josiah Bartlet: Would you trust him with your life?
President Josiah Bartlet: That's your chief of staff.

President Josiah Bartlet: We agree on nothing, Max.
Senator Lobell: Yes, sir.
President Josiah Bartlet: Education, guns, drugs, school prayer, gays, defense spending, taxes -- you name it, we disagree.
Senator Lobell: You know why?
President Josiah Bartlet: Because I'm a lily-livered, bleeding-heart, liberal, egghead communist.
Senator Lobell: Yes, sir! And I'm a gun-toting, redneck son-of-a-bitch.
President Josiah Bartlet: Yes, you are!
Senator Lobell: We agree about that.

Sam Seaborn: How do you feel there, Big Guy?
Toby Ziegler: Like I just got screwed with my pants on.

Josh Lyman: You know, CJ, I think I'm the best judge of what I mean, you paranoid Berkley shiksa feminista! ... Uh, that was way too far.
C.J. Cregg: No, no. Well, I have a staff meeting to go to and so do you, you elitist Harvard fascist missed-the-Dean's-list-two-semesters-in-a-row Yankee jackass!Josh Lyman: Feel better getting that off your chest there, C.J.?
C.J. Cregg: I'm a whole new woman.

President Josiah Bartlet: What do you think, Josh?
Josh Lyman: I make it a point never to disagree with Toby when he's right, Mr. President.

C.J. Cregg: The theme of the Egg Hunt is "learning is delightful and delicious" -- as, by the way, am I.

Mandy Hampton: You guys are idiots, you know that?
C.J. Cregg: In our own defense, we do actually know that.
Josh Lyman: You know what, Laurie, this man is our friend, and he has left himself open to the kind of attack that men in my business do not recover from. Now, if our tactics seem less then civilized, it's because so are our attackers. We don't need your help Laurie, one of your guys writes you a check, and the IRS works for me. And anyway, I don't feel like standing here, taking a civics lesson from a hooker."
Sam Seaborn: Josh!

Charlie Young: You know, I've seen worse.
Will: Really?
Charlie Young: No.

Sam Seaborn: There's a town in Alabama --
Leo McGarry: They want to make the Ten Commandments into law. I heard.
Sam Seaborn: What do you think about that?
Leo McGarry: Coveting thy neighbor's wife is going to be a problem.
Sam Seaborn: Also, if I was arrested for coveting my neighbor's wife, I'd probably bear false witness.

Toby Ziegler: One victory in a year stinks in the life of an administration! But it's not the ones we lose that bother me, Leo, it's the ones we don't suit up for!

Toby Ziegler: I'm going to make a suggestion which might help you out, but I don't want this to be mistaken for an indication that I like you.

President Josiah Bartlet: "We hold these truths to be self-evident," they said, "that all men are created equal." Strange as it may seem, that was the first time in history that anyone had ever bothered to write that down. Decisions are made by those who show up. (((ROCK!)))

Sam Seaborn: There are lots of hungry people in the world, Mall, and none of them are hungry because we went to the moon. None of them are colder and certainly none of them are dumber because we went to the moon.
Mallory O'Brian: And we went to the moon. Do we really have to go to Mars?
Mallory O'Brian: Why?
Sam Seaborn: Because it's next. Because we came out of the cave, and we looked over the hill and we saw fire; and we crossed the ocean and we pioneered the west, and we took to the sky. The history of man is on a timeline of explorations and this is what's next.

President Josiah Bartlet: We've heard it before: you drive me to the political safe ground. It's not true.
Leo McGarry: I know it's not true.
President Josiah Bartlet: Good.
Leo McGarry: You drive me there!
President Josiah Bartlet: What the hell did you say?
Leo McGarry: We're stuck in neutral because that's where you want to be

Leo McGarry: Say it out loud. Say it to me.
President Josiah Bartlet: This is more important than re-election. I want to speak now.
Leo McGarry: Now we're in business.

Ambassador Ken Cochran: I want to speak to your supervisor.
Charlie Young: My supervisor? Well, I'm personal aide to the President, so right now my supervisor is kinda busy looking for a back door to throw you out of. But I'll let him know.

Leo McGarry: He's a klutz, Mrs. Landingham, your president's a geek!

C.J. Cregg: Set fire to the room. Do it now.

Josh Lyman: No. You're listening to me, but you're not understanding me.
Toby Ziegler: No, I'm disagreeing with you. That doesn't mean I'm not listening to you or understanding what you're saying -- I'm doing all three at the same time.

[After the President is injured in a bike accident]
Mrs. Landingham: Oh, Mr. McGarry, have they done an x-ray?
Leo McGarry: Yep.
Mrs. Landingham: And is anything broken?
Leo McGarry: A four-thousand-dollar "Lynex Titanium" touring bike that I swore I'll never lend anyone.

Lt. Cmdr. Ti'ana Sullivan
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:04 pm

Memorable Quotes from Sneakers (1992)

Carl: Hey, that's not easy, what I just did!
Cosmo: There I was in prison. And one day I help a couple of older gentlemen make some free telephone calls. They turn out to be, let us say, good family men.

Martin Bishop: Organized crime?

Cosmo: Hah. Don't kid yourself. It's not that organized.
Cosmo: Pollution. Crime. Drugs, poverty, disease, hunger, despair--we throw GOBS of money at them and problems only get worse. Why is that? Because money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it.

Martin Bishop: I agree. Now who did you say you were working for?

Cosmo: Oh, that's just my day job.
Cosmo: Who else is going to change the world, Marty? Greenpeace?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:05 pm

Cosmo: There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!
Mother: We got bubkes! We turn ourselves in now, they'll give us twenty years in the electric chair!
Cosmo: The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little ones and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.
Martin Bishop: You know I could have been in the NSA, but they found out my parents were married.
(Abbott asks them what they want in return for the decryption chip)
Whistler: I want peace on earth and good will toward man.

Bernard Abbott: Oh this is ridiculous.

Martin Bishop: He's serious.

Whistler: I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men.

Bernard Abbott: We're the United States Government! We don't deal with that sort of thing.

Martin Bishop: You're just gonna have to try.

Bernard Abbott: All right, I'll see what I can do.

Whistler: Thank you very much. That's all I ask.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:06 pm

Crease: Now what are you saying, the NSA killed Kennedy?

Mother: No, they shot him but they didn't kill him. He's still alive.
Carl: It's fascinating what 50 bucks will get you at the county recorder's office. Playtronics Corporate Headquarters, the complete blueprints.
Martin Bishop: Very good. Very good, Carl. Where'd you get the 50 bucks?

Carl: Took it from Mother's wallet.

Martin Bishop: Good.
Cosmo: Posit: People think a bank might be financially shaky.

Martin Bishop: Consequence: People start to withdraw their money.

Cosmo: Result: Pretty soon it is financially shaky.

Martin Bishop: Conclusion: You can make banks fail.

Cosmo: Bzzt. I've already done that. Maybe you've heard about a few? Think bigger.

Martin Bishop: Stock market?

Cosmo: Yes.

Martin Bishop: Currency market?

Martin Bishop: Commodities market?

Martin Bishop: Small countries?
Cosmo: You will give me the box, right now, or I will kill you, right now.
Cosmo: I cannot kill my friend.
(to his henchman)
Cosmo: Kill my friend.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:08 pm

(Mother (the conspiracy theorist) is reading a tabloid.)
Mother: Cattle mutilations are up.

Donald Crease: Don't.

Mother: Sorry.
College-Aged Bishop: Richard Nixon's personal checking account is in here!

Colege-Aged Cosmo: Oh, this is a challenge. Marty, we have to find someone truly worthy to give his money to.

College-Aged Bishop: How about...the National Organization to Legalize Marijuana?

College-Aged Cosmo: Perfect!
Mother: They've even got photos of the guy leaving the embassy, through the back service entrance. Hey, Crease, you on?

Donald Crease: Yeah, I'm on.

Mother: Were you still in C.I.A. in '72?

Donald Crease: Yeah, why?

Mother: Did you know the Deputy Director of Planning was down in Managua, Nicaragua the day before the earthquake?

Donald Crease: Now what are you saying, the C.I.A. caused the Managua earthquake?

Mother: Well, I can't prove it, but...
Dick Gordon: National Security Agency.

Martin Bishop: Ah. You're the guys I hear breathing on the other end of my phone.

Dick Gordon: No, that's the FBI. We're not chartered for domestic surveillance.

Martin Bishop: Oh, I see. You just overthrow governments. Set up friendly dictators.

Dick Gordon: No, that's the CIA. We protect our government's communications, we try to break the other fella's codes. We're the good guys, Marty.

Martin Bishop: Gee, I can't tell you what a relief that is, Dick.
(Gordon tells Bishop a scientist has gotten $380,000 from Russia)
Martin Bishop: Gimme a break. We won, they lost, you know? It's been in a couple of the papers.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:09 pm

Donald Crease: You guys'll be chalk outlines without me.
Mother: Uh, could we maybe just go back to the "they might kill us" part?
Gregor: Uh, new title: "Cultural Attache."

Martin Bishop: Unbelievable.

Gregor: Last few years has been very confusing for people in my line of work.
Martin Bishop: How's the audio?

Whistler: Good, Mother's pretty close.

Donald Crease: He's just wearing four safety belts this time.

Martin Bishop: What, no parachute?
Whistler: Fellas, Janek's little black box is on his desk between the pencil jar and the lamp.

Mother: Uh, Whistler, I hate to tell you this, but you're blind.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:11 pm

Mother: O.K., boss, this LTX-27 concealable mike is part of the same system that NASA used when they faked the Apollo moon landings. Yeah, the astronauts broadcast around the world from a soundstage at Norton Airforce Base in San Bernadino, California. So it worked for them, shouldn't give us too many problems.
Mother: But the key meeting took place July 3rd, 1968, when the Air Force brought the space visitor to the White House for an interview with President Eisenhower. And Ike said, "hey look, give us your technology, we'll give you all the cow lips you want."
(Asking each team member what they'll do with their share of the money)
Martin Bishop: Carl?

Carl: I'd like to have a deep relationship with a beautiful woman who'll love me the very first time our eyes meet.

Martin Bishop: We're not getting paid that much, Carl.

Carl: Well, you know, someone like Liz.

Martin Bishop: We're definitely not getting paid that much.
Donald Crease: There isn't a government on this planet that wouldn't kill us all for that thing.
Whistler: Very good, Bish. Remind me to make you an honorary blind person.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:12 pm

Cosmo: Anyway, I couldn't have you talking to the Russians. Five years ago, yes, we could trust them not to go running to the F.B.I., or if they did we could trust the F.B.I. not to believe them, but today we can't trust anybody.
(Mother walks into the room and triggers the motion sensor)
Donald Crease: This is what's in Cosmo's office. Best motion sensor on the market.

Mother: And watch this.
(He breathes in front of the sensor, and it goes off)

Donald Crease: Also responds to thermal differentials.

Martin Bishop: Does this have a happy ending?

Mother: Oh, yeah. We can wrap you in a full-body suit of neoprene, heat-resistant rubber. Or we can raise the temperature in Cosmo's office to 98.6 degrees--which is probably what we'll have to do, because the neoprene would suffocate you. Either way, you've got a top speed of two inches per second. Any faster than that-
(alarm beeps)
Mother: and, uh, big guys with guns. But you'll probably do fine.
(Carl wants to date the young N.S.A. agent)
Martin Bishop: How about a lunch? You can chaperone.

Mr. Bernard Abbott: No, I will not do this.

Martin Bishop: Hey, Abby, Abby, come on, now the F.B.I.'d give him twins!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:13 pm

Carl: I'm Carl.

NSA Agent Mary: I'm Mary.

Bernard Abbott: I'm going to be sick.
Martin Bishop: "Give him head"?

Whistler: "Be a beacon"?
Carl: So it's a code breaker.

Martin Bishop: No. It's *the* code breaker.
Cosmo: Martin Brice - my old and good friend who promised me we would not get in trouble and who, I might add, did not.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:17 pm

Memorable Quotes from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

Captain James T. Kirk: Evaluation, Mr. Spock.

Commander Spock: Fascinating.
Commander Spock: It's life, Captain, but not life as we know it.
(Kirk apologizes for assuming command from Captain Decker.)
Captain James T. Kirk: I'm sorry, Will.

Commander Willard Decker: No, Admiral. I don't think you're sorry. Not one damned bit. I remember when you recommended me for this command. You told me how envious you were and how much you hoped you would get a starship command again. Well sir, it looks like you found a way.
(A transporter accident has just occurred.)
Transporter chief: Enterprise, what we got back didn't live very long... fortunately.
Captain James T. Kirk: Well, for a man who swore he'd never return to the Starfleet...

Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: Just a moment, Captain sir! Your revered Admiral Nogura invoked a little-known, seldom-used "reserve activation clause." In simpler language, Captain, they DRAFTED me!

Captain James T. Kirk: (in mock horror) They didn't!

Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: This was your idea! This was your idea, wasn't it?

Captain James T. Kirk: Bones, there's a... thing... out there.

Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: Why is any object we don't understand always called "a thing"?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:18 pm

Memorable Quotes from Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: Well Jim... I hear Chapel's an M.D. now. Well I'm gonna need a top nurse... not a doctor who'll argue every little diagnosis with me. And they probably redesigned the whole sickbay, too! I know engineers, they LOVE to change things.
Captain James T. Kirk: Well, Bones. Do the new medical facilities meet with your approval?

Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: They do not. It's like working in a damn computer center.
Lieutenant Commander Nyota Uhura: It could hold a crew of... tens of thousands.

Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: Or a crew of a thousand ten miles tall.
(After Spock comments that, mentally, V'ger is a child.)
Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: Spock, this "child" is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth! Now what do you suggest we do? Spank it?

Commander Spock: Each of us, at some time in our lives, turns to someone - a father, a brother, a God - and asks, "Why am I here? What was I meant to be?"
Chief DiFalco: Heading sir?

Captain James T. Kirk: Out there... thataway.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to Games and Zen