Subscribing and Bookmarking

Help area for questions or problems with this forum, the SLA or other issues. No bashing or flaming allowed. If you do have a serious issue you may discuss it here but let's be civil.

Subscribing and Bookmarking

Postby Foxy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:05 pm

I've only just noticed that when reading a thread, there are options right at the bottom of the screen to Subscribe to it or Bookmark it. Could someone explain what the difference is and what each option does?

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Subscribing and Bookmarking

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:08 pm

When subscribing, you will actually receive an email in your inbox noting that someone has posted to your watched thread. I haven't bookmarked yet, so I'm not sure...
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby brawl » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:25 pm

I bookmarked this topic. Let's see what it does. ;-)

EDIT: I went to the UCP to see if could find it. Here's what it says under "Manage Bookmarks": You can bookmark topics for future reference.

So you can bookmark them in case they get buried in other posts (say a topic on the deck listings for your sim's ship).
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby AJHoyt » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:13 pm

You can subscribe to whole forums if you wish and get emails when anyone posts in any topic there. The emails look like this:

Hello AJHoyt,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the forum, "SLA Blogville" at "SLA Ten Forward". This forum has received a new reply to the topic "THE RAMBLINGS OF REBEKAH MORGAN" since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the last unread reply, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

viewtopic.php?f=372&t=15003&p=151123&e=151123

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=372&t=15003

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
viewforum.php?f=372

If you no longer wish to watch this forum you can either click the "Unsubscribe forum" link found in the forum above, or by clicking the following link:

viewforum.php?f=372&unwatch=forum

--
SLA Message Boards
http://tenforward.slasims.com
Rubin Hart - former Torchwood One field operative - now in service, Torchwood Ten
AJ Hoyt - Security, B5: Trinidad Station
Charles Cog - Astrophysicist - SG7

"What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." – Mary Pickford
AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Return to Help