Help FAQ

Help area for questions or problems with this forum, the SLA or other issues. No bashing or flaming allowed. If you do have a serious issue you may discuss it here but let's be civil.

Help FAQ

Postby Warp » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Hey everybody,

Here are answers to a few common questions on the boards. The existing FAQ articles were getting a bit old, but you can find them here and here.

1. I signed up and it told me to wait for a confirmation e-mail... I'm still waiting.

This happens from time to time. First, be sure to check your spam or junk mail folder. Sometimes the confirmation e-mail winds up there. If it's been a while (at least 20 minutes) and you still haven't gotten the confirmation message, e-mail admins at the SLA's website dot com. (E-mail address obfuscated to protect the sanity of the list administrators.)
  2. What is going on with ranks? How do they work? Why do I have a Borg rank?

The ranking system operates based on the number of posts you've made. Take a look at the ranks post for more details.

Now, as for why your rank is Borg/Romulan/Cardassian/Starfleet... That's a bit more complicated. If your rank is absolutely infuriating you, e-mail the admins and we'll see what we can do.
  3. When I try to post in my sim's section, I am told that I don't have permissions to. What's going on?

Each sim has a special user group, and odds are your username isn't in that group. E-mail or private message your sim's hosts and let them know that you're having trouble. They have the ability to add you to the right group and get you posting!

If you have any other questions, you can e-mail the admins, or e-mail or PM me. We'll expand this list if we run into any other questions that seem to be asked a lot. Thanks everybody!
Admiral James B. "Warp" Mitchell
Commanding Officer, USS Potemkin, NCC-76927-C
Warp Out =/\=
Warp
Engineer At Heart
Engineer At Heart

Return to Help