Timothy Osborne. AKA - Black Scar Ozzy.

Welcome to the 10 Forward Lounge. The Announcements area allows you to see the latest in SLA news and important information about these boards.

Timothy Osborne. AKA - Black Scar Ozzy.

Postby Tavey » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:58 pm

It is with great sadness that I write this announcement.

On 14th September, Black was struck by a car while cycling. He did not survive, although I am told that he did not suffer. He was 27 years old.

The driver has been caught.

Black Scar Ozzy was one of the SLA's most steadfast of simmers. He played on more of the sims than I will ever know. For me, he was one of the very first people to join Torchwood Ten and he became a good friend over the years we spun our tales together.

In his other world, Tim was the eldest of four children and well loved by his family. He did not wish for much, nor wanted for much. I know that he loved his family very much.

Dear Black, I shall miss you. With love, Tavey.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Timothy Osborne. AKA - Black Scar Ozzy.

Postby Tavey » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Torchwood Ten raises a glass to Black Scar Ozzy.
Star Wars, The Dragons raises a glass to Black Scar Ozzy.
The Monarch raises a glass to Black Scar Ozzy.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:15 pm

The Lionheart raises a glass to Black Scar Ozzy
You'll be missed :(
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby KerriganMorgan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Whats left of the Ark Royal and the Pegasus raises a glass Black Scar Ozzy
NCIS:Hawaii Raises a glass to Black Scar Ozzy
Everett Jackson, MI-6 Liaison, Torchwood
Captain Kerri Morgan, Captain, USS Pegasus
KerriganMorgan
SLA Recruiting Chair
SLA Recruiting Chair

Postby dpwilliams2 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:48 pm

The code monkey raises a pint to you, Timothy
dpwilliams2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Meself » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 pm

This is sad news, I've been out of the simming game for a few years, but as the former XO of the Ark Royal I can't be silent. I never knew his real name, and I'll admit his character didn't make a whole lot of sense to me at the time, but that didn't matter. This guy was a class act through and through, I created a series a villains to run a few of the characters through their paces and pick up the post count and he didn't miss a beat when I targeted him without any warning.

A tip of my hat sir, your writing and you will be missed. My condolences to everyone that loved you, from the indications I've seen today, that is not a small list. Rest well, rest in peace.
CMDR Cal Rankin
Executive Officer
USS Ark Royal
(Former)
Meself
SLA Host Panelist
SLA Host Panelist

Postby Commodore Rexan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm sorry to hear of his loss, I wish I had known him. My sympathies to his family.
Commodore Rexan
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby MStone » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 pm

This is truly sad news. Clear skies and tailwinds to you, sir.
MELINDA "SCREECH" STONE

"All I ever wanted to do was fly...leave this world and live in the sky."

"And yea, thought I fly through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 22,000 feet and climbing."
MStone
Evil Stargate Fudge Temptress

Postby Foxy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:40 am

Taken from us too soon. If there is an afterlife, Shadow Squadron will be flying high in it.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby RKClenner » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 am

Black Scar I doubt that Dovar could have ever asked for a better WIng Man and Fellow Pilot. I hope you managed to ind a way to be one with the Force
Captain Roger K. Clenner
former Commanding Officer Outpost Cousteau
former Fleet Captain Cochrane Fleet

alliance Captain MArius Luce
Alliance Liaison Officer
Dragon Squadron

Lt. COlonel Maxwell "Mad Max" Coleman
Ranking Officer G.I.Joe Brigadeers
Potential Test Sim SLA
RKClenner
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Jamie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:38 am

I haven't been here in a great many years at all. Too many bad memories and all around hurt for me. However... Nothing hurts as bad as hearing about a friend who's gone way before his time.

Definitely thank you, Tavey, for reaching out and telling me about this. Tim was a good one in this world, and I'm struggling to say what I want to say without being a crying mess right now, but... May we meet again out there, kid.

Jamie Brown
Former Captain of the Monarch
Former Engineering Code Monkey
Former PITA to Tavey...
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jamie
Officer Candidate
Officer Candidate

Postby Tavey » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 am

Thank you everyone who has posted so far.

I contacted his parents late last night to offer our condolences to his family. I also showed them the link to here, where Tim wrote for so many years. His father has asked for some of the stories to be shared with the family and I will be looking for some of the very best to send along to them. If anyone has a particular favourite, please send a link to it in a message to me. Thank you.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:47 pm

I have been ... busy of late, so just now seeing this. Sorry for the lack of comms.

Black Scar Ozzy, I knew you not nearly as well as I would have liked. Your writing always impressed me, and your easy way of making MORE out of what was there was nothing less them SPECTACULAR!

Rest in Peace, and Good Journey. May the next experience be even greater for you!
*Cheers*!
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 pm

I knew Tim and wrote with him often during my time on the Dragons. He was so full of life and energy, his mind brimming with creativity as he and I came up with new adventures for our characters, who often ended up together. I really enjoyed not only spending time writing and exploring various aspects of our creations, but also just talking to him.

More importantly, Tim was a very kind hearted soul, who took great pleasure in the friendships that he developed both here in the SLA, as well as in real life. Tavey IMed me personally to tell me about this tragedy, and quite simply I'm still at an extreme loss for words. I'm sitting here, trying to write this through the tears.

Tim, you will always be remembered by all of your friends here in the SLA . . . people who got to know the person behind the keyboard, and saw someone that they could connect to. On behalf of the USS Zealous, I'd like to express my deepest sympathies to Tim's family during this difficult time.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Sierra » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm sorry to say that I did not know Tim, although I had heard him mentioned by several other people within the SLA over the years, and have read his posts through the forums. From what I have seen, he had a life-embracing spirit and a clever, creative mind.

On behalf of the founding members, I want to express our deepest sympathy and condolences to Tim's family and friends. Words just can't say enough when you lose one of your children. I'm sure that Mike is welcoming Tim to the big 10F in the sky.
Captain Savinis Aranel
USS Odyssey NCC-1710, post-ST11-universe
"You're on my ship. Why we still talkin' 'bout this?" - Captain Mal Reynolds, Firefly

Adm. M'Hawarr Sierra Kuei'Shen (re-retired)
SLA Founding Five / USS Potemkin (97-99) & USS Mercutio (2001)
"What we leave behind is as important as how we’ve lived." - Jean-Luc Picard
Sierra
Ensign
Ensign

Postby mr creature » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Many thanks all for your kind words

When things get less hectic, and with everyones permission, I would like to put all the stories Tim Wrote/co Wrote ( with other authers permissions and tehre details as well) into a book as a tribute

Timothys Dad
mr creature
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby Jake Sjet » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:47 pm

He was a friend I knew here and in real life.

And the only thing I can wish is that I knew him better than I did. He will be missed.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Hamilton » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Although I didn't know him, I wish to extend my condolences on behalf of the Mercury. :cry:
Hamilton
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby Quin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm stunned. His posts were a pleasure to read. He was a joy to rpg with.
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby brawl » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Like Tom a few posts back, I've been out of the game about two years, but Tim/Ozzy was always one of the players I enjoyed working with the most. When I brought the Ark Royal back from the dead, Tim was one of the first players I approached, because I trusted him and his character explicitly. In anyone else's hands, his characters would have been superheroes. In his hands,they were a valuable part of the crew.

We'll miss you Tim. The world is a bit worse off for losing you.
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:48 pm

As former XO and CO of the Dragons, fellow simmer on Torchwood 10, and countless others where we shared space, time, characters and barbs, it is with heavy heart and great difficulty that I write goodbye, farewell, and godspeed, Black.

Though we never met in person, that mattered little to the creativity and ideas that grew from our writing. And here, that transcended all.

Though your story is at a close, Timothy, your words live on. Here, as in all places where your loss has left a void, you shall be sorely missed.

*raises a pint*
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 am

Today, justice was seen for Black Scar Ozzy. His father, Mr Creature, wrote the following:

am pleased and gutted

we were advised we might get 3-5 years so 8 years was a surprise, even if he got the full 14 years and served them all - still wont give us back our Tim and our lives.

was surprised about the amount of ban time, but happy with that especially as he will have to sit an extended test - if he decides to re apply for his licence.

I must admit judge Rafferty, did his job well, we feel that if it was left to him the sentences would probally have been a lot longer.

He stood no noncense from defence lawyer and seemed not to be swayed by anything but the facts.
We stayed silent thru out the trial, even thru the shouting at the end from his family. (which I found embarassing).
A real nice touch at the end from the judge he spoke to us and showed us his respect as we stayed silent apart from when the tears got too much.

I feel sorry for his wife and even more so for his two children, After all they are inocent parties in all this, and its unfortuant that they have to suffer for his actions.

Many thanks to everyone for your support and continued support upto today, it has been a help and a crutch for us thru these times.

I came out the court feeling a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders, so maybe for me at least I can start the healing process.

The only fly in the ointment is now gotta wait 30 days to see if hes gonna appeal about the sentence, if not then finally we can get the last of Tims stuff back with us.

Black - you are still missed so very much.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Return to Announcements