An Apology from the CO of SB27

Welcome to the 10 Forward Lounge. The Announcements area allows you to see the latest in SLA news and important information about these boards.

An Apology from the CO of SB27

Postby Pythas Krai » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Recently, there's been some misunderstandings and everyone deserves an explanation.

I just want to clear this up. The PM was an informational PM. It was not meant to recruit. There is no request to apply. It was only meant to notify that this SLA Sim is scheduled 2 hours before the Leo and if you're on and want to sim the PM identified both the aim screen names and the email contacts.

I am soley responsible for this SNAFU.

Please be reassure this will not happen again. Also, please accept my apology for your inconvenience.

Pythas Krai
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: An Apology from the CO of SB27

Postby Hamp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I didn't think it was for recruiting purposes, and for raising awareness of the change with SB 27. There was no harm done.
--Lieutenant Hamp Walter
Chief Engineer
USS Pegasus

Lewis "Lou" Thomas, Starfury Pilot
Trinidad Station
Hamp
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Imrahil » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks you for apologizing. I am sorry for reporting your account as spam to the Admins because it was against the Carter. I hope more pople were like Hamp and didn't think you were spamming them or evan stealing simmers.
Imrahil
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Chris Stern » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 am

thanks for the explanation, and no worries, am glad to hear that policy on this hasn't changed.

On another note, just to play 'borg's advocate', in this troubled time perhaps there is room for some sort of 'Opt in' mailing list where such things could be posted out on a regular basis to those people who do not necessarily check this board as often as others?

Something along the same lines as the monthlies, but very deliberately sent as an email to those within and without the fleet proper who might like to have a look at it? The base idea of course being to inform but also to make sure that everyone who wanted to be could be kept up to date with things like time changes and the ongoing arising opportunities?
resigned
Chris Stern
Captain
Captain

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 am

It has been a little while since the day that the PMs were sent out. Plenty of time for anyone to respond.

On behalf of the Council I would like to apologize to everyone in the SLA for the mass messages. Thankfully, there is no lasting harm. The Council has been working on solutions to prevent such an action happening again. This has opened up several useful discussions about conduct and appropriate methods of enforcing the clauses of the Charter.

Which is a long and fancy way of saying that we haven't forgotten that this happened in the first place and that we're dealing with it. Properly.

I'd like to thank Pythas and Delphar for apologizing to both the Council and the Membership. It is easy to let enthusiasm and passion for a sim to allow for a mistake to occur. It is not so easy to eat humble pie and apologize in a public forum.

Tavey
Council Moderator 2010.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Return to Announcements