Under New Management...

Welcome to the 10 Forward Lounge. The Announcements area allows you to see the latest in SLA news and important information about these boards.

Under New Management...

Postby Tavey » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Hello all,

There have been some changes in the last little while behind the scenes. After many years of looking after the SLA, Warp has decided to take a break and concentrate on his Real Life (I know.. there is such a thing as Real Life!) Over the last month, we have held elections to choose a new Council Moderator for the SLA, and I am somewhat humbled to let you all know that I am that person.

I hope that you will join me in thanking Warp for all of his hard work, his encouragement and his generosity over the years. The SLA wouldn't be the place it is without him. We sure as heck wouldn't have such a lovely forum to play in, or webpages to ogle other sims through. He has been instrumental in the stability of the SLA.

So I say THANK YOU to a man who continues to inspire and encourage. Warp, as the saying goes.. YOU ROCK!

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Under New Management...

Postby Hamp » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Congratulations, Tavey, and thank you, Warp.
--Lieutenant Hamp Walter
Chief Engineer
USS Pegasus

Lewis "Lou" Thomas, Starfury Pilot
Trinidad Station
Hamp
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby cdx » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:35 am

I second that, Hamp. Many thanks to Warp! And congrats to Tavey.
Ensign Tyr, First Assistant Chief Engineering Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer Zisa, Assistant Chief Medical Officer
Lieutenant Junior Grade Coeus, Assistant Chief Science Officer
Cadet Boudica, First Assistant Chief Helm Officer

Starship Nightingale - Star Trek: Into the Darkening Tide
I always welcome public comment on my biographies.

I am on hiatus from April 2011.
cdx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby popcornman » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Congrats Tavey and thanks Warp for everything.
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Foxy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 pm

So say we all! To coin a phrase...

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Chris Stern » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 am

As someone still fairly new to this place I still know enough about Warp to regret his step back, every interaction I have had with them has been great, every story told about them exemplary. So they will be missed.

On the other hand much of the same can be said for Tavey, who was one of the first to take the time to welcome me to the wider boards and help my friends and I when such was needed.

A lot of other, often long established web based roleplaying organisations are going through tough times right now, I am confident that this place will continue to be another I am part of that isn't..

Bring on the trumpets?
resigned
Chris Stern
Captain
Captain

Postby Rebekah Morgan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 am

Dear WARP
thank you Warp for all you did for me i know i'll miss you but i will be on aim if you every want to talk... You were a great inspiration to me to keep going when things go very rough... you WILL be missed by all.
Take care in your new endeavors what5 ever they might be.
THank you for all you have Done

with all love in the universe Warp
Sarahleigh aka
Rebekah Morgan
Mackenzie Taylor
And
Mac 'Kelna
Lieutenant
Rebekah Sarah-Ann Morgan
Head Nurse
OPC

Lieutenant
Mackenzie "Mac" Rae Taylor
CHief Engineer
OPC

Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon in front of them Volley'd and thunder'd; Storm'd at with shot and shell.
Rebekah Morgan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Bom » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks, Warp--I know how much you did to keep the SLA together and running during some rocky times for the organization, but real life beckons! Go enjoy your "retirement."

We're in great hands with Tavey, that's for sure! Congrats to her on the new position...

- Commander Bom, USS Potemkin
Bom
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Sierra » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:15 pm

The SLA wouldn't be quite the same without Warp around. I remember him from his days -before- the SLA, back when he was just a wee Ltjg. (or was it Ensign? been so long I can't remember) in the engineering room aboard the USS Potemkin (pre-SLA version). He'll blush to hear me remind him of it, but I remember this sassy little engineer wondering just who the heck was this bold Vulcan-Bajoran XO coming aboard his ship was. But I straightened him out. ;)

Thank you, Warp, for all that you have done for the SLA over the years. Mike would've been really proud to see all the work you did for the group after he was gone. You have done the group as a whole a great deal in holding the SLA together, and keeping it ever progressing forward. You're the best! :)

*salutes*

- Sierra
Captain Savinis Aranel
USS Odyssey NCC-1710, post-ST11-universe
"You're on my ship. Why we still talkin' 'bout this?" - Captain Mal Reynolds, Firefly

Adm. M'Hawarr Sierra Kuei'Shen (re-retired)
SLA Founding Five / USS Potemkin (97-99) & USS Mercutio (2001)
"What we leave behind is as important as how we’ve lived." - Jean-Luc Picard
Sierra
Ensign
Ensign

Postby SLAJaime » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:19 am

Congrats to Tavey on her new role in SLA and yet many of us find our selfs saddened By the stepping down of Warp . He Has done a lot and am sure will continue to add to SLA in the future But the time is now For us all to move forward Just as Warp would of so should we Lets have another Grand Year Filled with fresh new Ideas for sims .

Am sorry if My Messege Sounds a little harsh in many ways I guess it is But the Truth of the matter Is Warp would reather see us carry on and grow as a Group then stand about waiting .
So Thank You Warp for all you have done Yes we are greatfull for the years of servies you gave to SLA .
With that said The Show Must Go on
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

]
SLA's very own insane Blonde
SLAJaime
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Announcements