Zealous/Lexington Joint Mission: Forever No Longer

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Zealous/Lexington Joint Mission: Forever No Longer

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:48 pm

This was one of the many posts which went missing with the server outage, so I'm posting this again!

The following will be a joint mission between the Zealous and the Lexington. It may be a bit different than other joint sims that you may have already experienced, or may come across in the future.

Unlike a true joint sim, we are not adding each other's mailstrings to our own. Only those individuals who are interested in participating in this joint mission will be added to the Lexington mailstring.

The Zealous will continue to sim normally, and this will not interfere with our storylines.

Your participation in this joint sim is strictly optional. If you think that you will not have enough extra time to commit to this, you don't have to.

Read the premise in the next post. If you are interested and want to give this a shot, contact me and I will have Captain Davan Welles add you to the Lexington mailstring.
Last edited by Zania Jaarda on Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:49 pm

“Forever No Longer” (aka: The Terran-Romulan War)

Premise

The year is 2379.

The Federation, most notably Jean Luc Picard, has finally forged a bond - a peace with the Romulan Star Empire by aiding in the fall of Praetor Shinzon, the Picard clone who was raised by Remans. While most on both sides welcome the long awaited alliance between the Romulan Star Empire and the United Federation of Planets, there are Romulan rebels who would rather see the fall of the Federation than to take a stance alongside them.

Despite the best efforts of these rebels, there will never again be a war between the two. The alliance is now too strong, forged so well. Dissatisfied with that outcome, some of the Romulan radicals have gone to the extreme. With their “build-and-not-share” philosophy regarding technology, they’ve come up with a ramshackle time machine. To keep their hands clean of any bloodshed and avoid persecution in their own time, they start to send some well timed messages back through the centuries. The only race capable and sinister enough to retrieve those messages are a race called the Suliban.

The year is 2151.

Knowing their ships to be inferior to that of Terran ships at the time, the Romulans of the future convince the Suliban to enlist the help of the Xindi, a race of beings genetically diverse and scattered through out an area of space then known as the Delphic Expanse. Even better, at this point, Terrans have yet to make contact with them and fashion the alliance they were supposed to. Having faced extinction before, the Xindi are easily convinced by the false information fed to them by the Suliban, that if Earth is not annihilated, they will all face destruction. They immediately start working on weapons; great weapons that will destroy Earth and all of her inhabitants. By 2152, a swath of land from Florida to Venezuela is cut, killing millions.

Meanwhile, the Romulans in this time have been sent similar messages and while the Xindi are busy building their weapons to destroy Earth, the Romulans are preparing to step in and strike the Xindi when they’re not looking, and take what is not theirs. All in an effort to prevent Earth from ever having a future. Should Earth not have a future, there will be no alliance between the UFP and the RSE, as the Federation will never exist. It’s a double-double cross.

The year is 2157.

The Lexington has just finished a mission aiding an El’Aurian colony in the Helespont Nebula from Ferengi raiders. They are about to chart the nebula and install some of the technology given to them by their new allies when they receive an important call from Earth.

Starfleet has uncovered information surrounding the Xindi attacks on Earth. Captain Jonathan Archer of the Enterprise discovered (presumably with help from a certain crewman Daniels) that the Romulans were feeding the Xindi false information regarding Earth, and that in league with the Suliban, it was their lies that convinced the Xindi to attack Earth. Now having been over come by Romulan invasion forces, the Romulans now posess much of the Xindi technology (including a cloak) and are going to heed the message of their descendants in order to rid the galaxy of humans, and stop the Federation from ever forming. Had Archer not come by this information, Starfleet would still be pursuing the Xindi and not the Romulans; Earth would never had had a chance.

The Lexington’s scout and explore mission is cut short as they’re recalled to Earth to help protect and defend their planet.

On the same hand, the Romulan responsible for transmitting these messages to the past will have to be stopped. Crew from a Starfleet vessel in the future, the USS Zealous, will find the Romulan extremist and put an end to the corruption of the timeline. However, it's too late to prevent the war - too much has happend, that will have to play it's course.

Mission Start

This mission will actually start off with a few guest appearances from another SLA game, the USS Zealous. This will be the first time these crews have ever had the opportunity to cross post. While we may not be able to directly post with one another due to the temporal mechanics of the situation, they will be there (all those from the Zealous who wish to participate, lead by Jake Sjet [aka: the Lexington’s Dr Fraiser]) to start us off. We’ll see their logs, they’ll see ours. In any case, this will be the first time the Lexington mixes with another crew, and one that’s set a couple hundred years in the future at that. They won’t be with us for the whole mission, but they’ll start it off by discovering the Romulan in charge of sending the messages back through time. Jake has a few aces up his sleeve.

Species

Time to brush up on how the Romulan mind thinks. We’ll be dealing mostly with Romulans from the pre-Kirk era. We have to keep that in mind when dealing with technology, ships and weaponry. Overall, their personalities and demeanor haven’t changed much from the past to the future. These links may help you brush up on what they’re like. (And if you have 'The Star Trek Encyclopedia', that'll probalby come in handy. )

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/l ... 70706.html
http://www.tos.net/empires/romulan/index.html
http://www.rsempire.org/
http://sttos.epguides.info/?ID=363

Conclusion

The Terran-Romulan war, according to [mentioned] canon, lasts four years. While this storyline isn’t exactly according to [mentioned] canon (we’ve a view screen, and the year is 2157, not ’56), the war isn’t going to be over in a single, six week simming mission. At the end of this mission, we may get new orders to go somewhere else to seek out allies or have to be recalled for repairs. The war, as in any, will have peaks and falls, and as such, this will be a storyline that we can always come back to after a few other missions. This mission is focusing on the start of the war – so we’ll have ages to tinker with it and finally, at the end, come out with the Treaty of Algeron, a Neutral Zone and a brand new United Federation of Planets.

================
Captain Davan Welles
Commanding Officer
Lexington NX-03
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Allen Chi » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:28 pm

Allen Chi

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:24 pm

Fantastic! I've already let Captain Welles know. Jake Sjet's already on the Lex anyways, and both Osswell and I are going to give this a shot! :-D
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Lucasausems » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:37 pm

Hotdiggedydamn!!! when can we start??

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Ti'ana » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:51 pm

bring it on baby! i already told jake i would do it, but might as well make it official!
Lt. Cmdr. Ti'ana Sullivan
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:56 pm

Fantastic! :-D

I think they plan on starting this soon, as they just finished their last storyline. I just have to make sure that they add Allen and Ti'ana before we really get going.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:27 pm

Okay people this is what I like to see!

Now remember the Lexington is a sim I'm on...please don't break it! The warrenty ran out a few weeks back and spare Warp 5 engines ain't cheap you know?
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby herschwolf » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:04 pm

So how would that work. I'd like to jump in on it, but not sure my time will let me. I would love to see how it plays out though if you want to add me. I'll add my two cents worth.
herschwolf

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:10 pm

In order to carry this out, you'd be added to the Lexington mailstring. All of your posting for this storyline would take place over there. It wouldn't interrupt the storyline that's currently taking place on our Zealous mailstring.

I'm actually very tempted to include the numbers for our Zealous characters, participating in the joint sim, into the post counts. Something like that could make the difference for a few crew members between being promoted a single rank, or skipping a rank all together and going to the next higher one.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ken_D_HT » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:10 am

Count me in... I just hope the construct doesn't throw me down the laundry hatch... :)

Daniel Hunt
Ken_D_HT

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:11 am

Hunt....come on...it would be the air lock.... :twisted:

Jake Sjet

Postby Ryan King » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:39 am

Hello Everyone

Thought I might drop a line I play myself onboard the Lexington, the eccentric helmsman with an affinity for embarrasing himself in first contact situations.

:)

Greetings everyone.

Ryan
Ensign Ryan King
U.S.S. Ark Royal - A
Plans & Management Officer
Operations Department
Ryan King
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby llbirdnow1 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:12 am

Okay, I will play...but there, like, weren't any Bajoran's in the days of Enterprise and TOS, were there?
llbirdnow1

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:21 am

No, everyone looked human...spoke American, and all looked up to Kirk and Co. Could always go down the DS9 road, bandage across the nose "Yup, broke it in a bar fight."
Also what about the blue 10,000 watt light bulb, and the betazoid contingent of this little crusade?

Jake Sjet

Postby llbirdnow1 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:26 am

Yes, and what was up with the Klingons???
llbirdnow1

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:15 am

They don't talk about it with out siders...prune juice anyone? :wink:

Jake Sjet

Postby Ti'ana » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:10 pm

i have enough posts and bio updates in this mission as it is, i dont think i need these posts added to my count lol!
but feel free! :mrgreen:
Lt. Cmdr. Ti'ana Sullivan
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Davan Welles » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:04 am

Hi everyone.

Thought I'd put my two cents in here. The joint mission has officially started. Both Zania and myself are quite excited about this mission, we've been talking about it for a few weeks already. If you'd like to see what's been covered so far, we keep all logs archived on our mb. You can keep up on the Joint Mission here.

If anyone else feels like joining, there's still time. There's been no actual time travel yet. Trust us. It'll be fun. ;)
Fleet Captain Davan Welles
Lexington NX03, CO

Davan Welles
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:57 am

Hey guys! Like Captain Welles has said, there's still plenty of time to join in on this! There are plans, towards the end of this storyline, that the two crews will intermingle (or at least as many of our characters who are guest simming on the Lex).

If you are interested, please contact me and let me know!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Robinson » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:04 pm

Yes I am still interested in participating.

Has this started yet as I have not heard anything.
"worry is interest on a debt you may never owe" from a fortune cookie

Lt Cmndr Joy Robinson
Chief Science Officer
USS Zealous
Robinson
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:39 pm

I asked the XO to add you to their mailstring. I also know that Murdock is interested, and he's still waiting to be subscribed as well.

I'll have to catch Davan via IMs and remind her ;-)
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby AlexanderJames » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:07 pm

They've been added.
Ensign Alexander James
Operations
U.S.S. Zealous
N.C.C.-59653
AlexanderJames
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:30 am

Thanks, Jay! You're wonderful!

Come on, guys! Anyone else interested in joining in the fun? There's still plenty of time to get in on the action! Drop me a line and let me know!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby AlexanderJames » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:26 pm

Just wondering if anyone still wanted to be added to the Lexington mail string for the joint mission.
Ensign Alexander James
Operations
U.S.S. Zealous
N.C.C.-59653
AlexanderJames
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Next

Return to USS Zealous