Greeting the Counselor

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Greeting the Counselor

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:41 pm

The chime to the door sounded, snapping Captain Ja'arda back to reality. Her recent encounter with her Chief Medical Officer, Lieutenant Commander Jake Sjet, was an interesting one - to say the least. She certainly hadn't anticipated that it would have become so heated, and filled with intense anger, that it would have overwhelmed her mental blocks.

A female voice could be heard - Ensign Richards, the new Counselor. She was asking to speak to the Captain regarding a personal matter.

"Come in," Azanialix responded, taking a deep breath to try and help regain her composure.

She looked up as the Counselor entered. Her blonde hair seemed to catch the breeze from her movements and flow, as if on a silent wind. Her blue eyes sparkled from the artificial light within the room, yet they seemed to be also filled with concern.

"Please, have a seat Counselor," Captain Ja'arda offered. "What is it that you wish to speak about?"

Tag: Melissa

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Greeting the Counselor

Postby Melissa Richards » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:59 am

She looked up as the Counselor entered. Her blonde
hair seemed to catch the breeze from her movements and
flow, as if on a silent wind. Her blue eyes sparkled
from the artificial light within the room, yet they
seemed to be also filled with concern.
"Please, have a seat Counselor," Captain Ja'arda
offered. "What is it that you wish to speak about?"

Melissa took the offered seat and tried to think how
to word this. This wasn't the first time she'd
addressed a Captain but, this was the first time she'd
been in such a position before. Maybe it was because
she'd never served under a Betazed Captain.

"I..." she stumbled on the words. "In order to
stipulate the importance of this I need to be blunt
and honest, Captain." Melissa kept her eyes level and
on her superior officer. It was unfortunate their
first meeting had to be like this.

"I was down below in the mess hall when I was hit by a
sudden and extreme sense of...sorrow." The Counselor
nodded. "It felt like someone's mental shields had
just simply collapsed and, it wasn't hard for me to
trace where it came from."

Melissa watched the Captain's face carefully her
emotional inner feelings searching. "For the good of
the ship and yourself, I'd like to know what just
happened to you.."

[tag]

Ensign Melissa Richards
Counselor
USS Zealous
Melissa Richards

Revelations

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:42 am

"Contact Engineering. I want all power diverted from non-essential systems to the Warp Core. Increase our speed to Warp 9.99. Inform me when we are nearing that position. Ja'arda out," Azanialix ordered.

Melissa was still stunned by the revelations about the CMO when the Captain broke off the conversation long enough to attend to the mission at hand-find their missing officers.

Once she saw she had the Captain's full attention again she chose her words carefully. "Captain this is..very disturbing news. If you happened to pass out again on the bridge due to such a situation it could endanger the ship, right? And what about Lt. Commander Sjet and this..Construct?" Melissa looked worried. "I mean if he goes out of control, he's technically a threat to the ship and himself."

Melissa stood up and crossed the room her blue dress swishing. "Captain.." The counselor turned to face her commanding officer. "I'm deeply concerned things are this..unstable. I assume you have a plan that if this happens again you'll ask Commander Sjet to step aside and turn medical over to his ACMO until such time as a solution can be found?"

Melissa knew this would be seen as a very upfront suggestion one that might make her unpopular with others. But she knew now why she was here. She couldn't stand by and let possible emotional decisions risk the ship!

[tag]

Ensign Melissa Richards
Counselor
USS Zealous

Return to USS Zealous