IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:41 pm

If you haven't noticed by now, there has been a change to the mailstring. This has been done by SLA management due to concerns, which I will not go into here. If you want to know why the change has been made, please contact me privately. All of you know my e-mail address, and my IM contacts are on the Zealous forum.

Due to the changes, it is now mandatory for all crew members to include a signature with your post. That signature should include the following:

Name and Rank
Position/Department
Ship

This is very important that you include this so everyone knows who the log is from. Without it, we're all playing a guessing game and it makes it hard on everyone!

Also, due to the change, if someone wants to arrange for a joint log, and you don't have the e-mail address of the other simmer, contact me! I keep records of everyone's e-mail address. I may not be able to get you the info immediately, due to the fact that I do work, but I will respond as soon as possible.

Finally, the mailstring problems are still continuing. There is no estimate as to when this issue may be resolved. I've asked all of you to do this before, and we do have a few new crew members, so I'm repeating it again.

Please send your logs to both zealous@slasims.com and post them to the "Current Log Thread" on the Zealous forums, at http://tenforward.slasims.com/viewtopic.php?t=5226. This is very important, as I wouldn't want to miss any of your posts when coming up with the weekly roster totals!

Please be understanding in all of this, and bear with us. We're trying to weather the storm here, and hopefully some of these problems will blow past us in time, leaving only good times and rainbows! :-D

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zealous
Last edited by Zania Jaarda on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:33 am

Hey everyone! Normally, OOC stuff is not supposed to be posted to the mailstring (that's what we have the forum for), but I wanted to send a quick e-mail about a few things regarding the mailstring. Mainly, these are changes, but they are very minor:

First and foremost, it seems as if our mailstring problems are fixed! It's been over a week since the last reported issue was resolved, and nobody else has approached me indicating that they have not been getting any e-mails. That is a very good sign!

With a sim as big and as active as ours, we're bound to run into more of the bugs, glitches, and problems, than others who use the same system and aren't as active. Let's just hope that we can continue to operate without any more mailstring issues!

Second, as a result of this improvement, the requirement that everyone post their logs to both the mailstring and the boards is hereby lifted! All logs should go directly to the mailstring at zealous@slasims.com.

Posting your logs to the boards is once again optional. I still strongly encourage everyone to do so, as it can help to showcase your writing talents. Additionally, activity on the boards is often a motivator for applicants to sign up for a particular sim!

Third, the number of logs sent to the mailstring this past week alone is phenomenal! With my XO on LOA, I'm having a very hard time keeping up with the numbers, especially with my work load increasing on different fronts. No, I don't plan on leaving the Zealous!

As you may recall, this change was originally made just over a month ago. Several individuals, who had left the SLA, were going through the mailstrings and e-mailing everyone, trying to recruit for their organization (the ISA). They also wanted individuals to try to disrupt SLA sims, in return they would get a higher rank in the ISA.

For now, I've decided to take a chance and change the mailstring back to where we can see each other's e-mail addresses. This is effective immediately, and will last for one month to see how things go.

Just remember - make sure that you send all of your logs to: zealous@slasims.com. If you just hit reply, it will go right back to the person who submitted the log!

Fourth, as part of this change, I am also setting the mailstring archives so that the subscriber list is only viewable by current list members, using a valid password.

That password will automatically be sent to you every month. The list hasn't sent out password notification in a while, so don't panic when you see it! It's perfectly normal! When you get the notification with the password, make sure you write it down in a safe place. There are options to where you can change that password to something that may be easier for you to remember!

The archives themselves will still be available for all to view without the need of a password. If it's discovered that the ISA is still leeching e-mail addresses, but through the archive, I will have to switch that to be password protected as well.

Fifth, due to this additional change, the mandatory requirement for a signature, identifiying your character and their department, is lifted! Again, it is strongly encouraged that you include one as it can be helpful for everyone, especially new crew members who are learning the ropes and who uses which characters.

Sixth, and most importantly, if you ever get an e-mail or IM from anyone, wanting you to leave the Zealous (especially to join the ISA) or to disrupt the sim, contact me immediately! Forward the e-mail to me, or copy/paste a transcript of the IM in an e-mail to me, and I will deal with the problem so you won't have to!

Thanks for bearing with us during all of these changes! As always, if you have any problems, questions, concerns, etc, please don't ever hesitate to contact me!

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Return to USS Zealous