Species Discussion: Tarmon Ay

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Species Discussion: Tarmon Ay

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:19 pm

Since our current storyline involves this species, here is the details as posted in the Created Species, Planets, and Characters thread. Feel free to discuss them, and to ask any questions!
Last edited by Zania Jaarda on Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:19 pm

Name: Tarmon Ay

Home Planet: Jyrowanda

Territory: 11,000 light years and in control of 206 planets M and L class.

Physical Description: The Tarmon Ay have the same colour of skin as humans pale and black but have many distingtive differences. They have a large bone in their skull that forces the skin out, on the forehead that have the bone vertical in the middle two parts move away go down the cheeks and re-connect in the centre of the chin. They have marking patterns all over their face that look like black war paint but is actually part of their skin. They usuallly have narrow eyes which are green where ours are white and sapphire where ours are coloured. On the back of each hand they have another bone sticking out to make an arch runing from just above the wrist to the bottom of the middle finger. They always have either long black hair or short black hair like Tuvok when they are darker.

Personality: They will prove a very challenging oppenent, they are extrelmly clever and sly like the Romulans, however they will always answer to hails. The history of the Tarmon Ay has made them a very democratic race run by an Emperor and a board of 9 Governors. These ten decide what will happen in all scenarios and will work together for the best sollution. From their time of being an Ancient race like the Terran Greek, Roman etc. they are interested in Poetry, Art, pottery, litterature and many other cultural activitties. However they may show them self as a race of intelects and peace whiich they are inside their borders when it comes to their military and space exploration they go through a complete metamorphises. They keep their intellect but become greedy and power hungray with short tempers. Say no on your second chance and there is higher liklability of you being destroyed than you ever speaking again.

Lanquages: Tarmonian and the abilty to speak every other lanquage they hear by high density neural electric brain nerves.

Special Abilities
Having muscles 60% larger than that of a human and having 140% more nerves in the muscles they have a great strengh.
Special chemicals in their body make them immune to Nano probes meaning they can only be killed not assimilated.
While Vulcans have avanced hearing the Tarmon Ay have advenced eyesite allowing them to see the movement of and ant up to 60 meters away.

Planet Info:
Name: Jyrowanda
Class: M
Atmosphere: Nitrogen Oxygen
Terrain: Mostly grass land and forestry, 60% of land water less than earth.

Tech Level: 24

Ship Specs
There are three different types of ships all mountes with powerful weaponry making them tacticaly more powerful than any species in the Alpha Quadrant.

Destroyer:
Small like the Nova
lenght: 156m
Height: 42 m
Breadth: 42 m
Weaponry: 16 phaser banks equvilent to the Type XII
8 Disruptor banks similar to those on the K'Vort Bird of Prey
9 Torpedoe bays with torpedoes with the matching power of Quantum torpedoes
Defence system: Shielding similar to the Nebula but regenerates 12 time faster than any federation one Primary only
19 cm Ablative hull armour
Triple Titanium/Duranium hull
Propulsion: Speciel impulse giving them the combat manouverbility of a shuttle
Warp Core Max Warp 9.999 for 32 hours
Transwarp Core
Crew Complement: 82

Battle Ship
Medium Size matches the Zealous exactly in all dimensions
Weaponry: 22 Phaser Banks Type XII
14 Disruptor Banks more powerful found on a Vorcha class
11 Torpedoe Bays with Torpedoe matching power of the Quantum
Defence System: Prometheus shielding 13 times faster regeneration
Same hull
26 cm Ablative hull armour
Propulsion: Same but combat manouvrability of a Defiant
Crew Complement: 200

Warbird
Length: 1435m
Breadth: 986m
Height: 207m (Galaxy 140 something with 42 decks)
Weaponry: 62 Phaser banks and what the Federation would consider Type XIV
54 Romulan Warbird like disruptors
36 Torpedoe bays Torpedoesm 9% more powerful than the Quantum
Defence: Sovereign like shielding 200% more powerful and regenerates 4 times faster
Quadruple Titanium/Duranium hull
33 cm Ablative Hull armour
Propulsion: Same but with manouvrability of a Galaxy.
Crew Complemet: 2689 (500 trained as away troops)

Though the vessels are highly advanced their shields have a weakness to Hydrogen flames which seem little use since we don't have blow torches.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Allen Chi » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:21 pm

Is the Zealous crew aware of the weakness to hydrogen?
Allen Chi

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:55 pm

I don't believe that's been revealed to the Zealous crew. Once we learn that, the challenge will be how to create a weapon that can create a hydrogen flame in the vacuum of space.

Since flame cannot exist without oxygen, it would need some kind of oxygen canister or oxygen creation/delivery system to feed the flame upon detonation.

Vaskel, what do you think? Would something like this work once the crew discovered the weakness?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ducane » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:15 pm

The USS Zealous is a 24th Century Sim, relative to the Star Trek timeline, how far into the 24th Century are we? Perhaps sooner or later we should make a major advancement in technology, when I say major, I mean absolutely "Über-Advancement".

Just something to think about, that we might gain from this mission... I was thinking along the lines of transwarp, it may broaden our horizions for future missions if we were the first federation ship equipped with a fully functional transwarp drive.... Just an interesting thought.

Alex Ducane

[ USS Zealous ] - [ Commander :: First Officer ]
[ Starfleet Legacy Alliance Administrator ]
[ HAS-2 Architect ]
Ducane
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:27 am

Ducane, I think you've got an excellent idea there, which could lead to one of our other storylines!

Remember the one about a new drive exploding and destroying the ship, and someone (unsatisfied with the turn of events) gathers the surviving crew to go back in time and stop what happened?

Perhaps the first attempt at installing/using a transwarp drive could result in that! And since failures can sometimes lead to greater successes, it could eventually lead to the Zealous developing a fully functional transwarp drive. ;-)

What do you think?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ensign Vaskel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:01 am

It does sound good and it would broden the horizon for the Zealous and I have no objectionabout it coming from the Tarmon Ay. The hydrogen thing is something I am surprised about Captain I did mention that Tyscodesium is a made up new element that is very volatile with Hydrogen and that created a Hydrogen bomb to take out the shields and reduce hull integrity to 45%
Ensign Vaskel

Postby Allen Chi » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:23 pm

Well.. I've though of a scenario in which the Zealous is crippled and dead in the water; but I don't think we want to do that.

Maybe we can play with some alternate timelines? I always liked those episodes in Voyager.
Allen Chi

Postby Ducane » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:41 pm

New crewmembers may not be aware of my "true" character, and it's always nice to have a "temporal paradox" mission along the line, in the future. You see this in the series, e.g. there are lots of good episodes and every now and then, they play about with ye olde timeline, altering the very nature of our existence (LOL!)

But... the future has happened and we have travelled back to tell you about this, preventing of course the chain of events ocurring, but if they had then how come we came back to alter them? A leads to B leads to C leads to A.

.......yes :?

About the transwarp drive, the exploding drive sounds excellent! It certainly will get everyone involved, and when we finally get our hands on a working drive, as Vaskel says, it broadens our horizons.

Alex Ducane

[ HAS-2 Architect ]
Ducane
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Allen Chi » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:53 pm

I'd like to see a scenario in which the crew becomes divided and members of the crew are thrust in to a leadership role. This would be a very good time to develop characters, revealing a new facet of a person forced to perform; or face destruction (etc.).

Get the idea?
Allen Chi

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:50 pm

I've talked to Vaskel already about this, and one of the ideas is to run this storyline so it will set it up for future encounters with the Tarmon Ay. That would open up the door to a whole slew of ideas, including several of the crew being taken prisoner, etc.

Don't forget, if you do have an idea for a plotline, share it on the Storyline Suggestions thread! It could be major or minor, but all ideas are welcome!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Lucasausems » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:42 am

good idea!
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

New ideas?

Postby Melissa Richards » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:54 am

Hi :)

I like the new leadership role idea it sounds interesting. These Tarmon Ay sound like a real pain to defeat heh. I remember the 'Disaster' episode on ST:TNG and I really enjoyed that. It was cool seeing De'anna in a forced leadership role and I would love to see Melissa in the future thrust into something like that when she doesn't expect it.

I think a 'disaster' scenario would be cool :)

Marissa :)
Melissa Richards

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:50 am

See, she's not even been here a week and she's plotting the destruction of the Zealous, I like her already!
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Allen Chi » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:49 pm

Every simmer's dream - to destroy their own ship.
Ahh... gotta love it.
Allen Chi

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:54 pm

Don't worry, Melissa! I think you'll get your chance! There are a few storylines in the Storyline Suggestion thread which propose just that - taking the CO and XO off the ship, and thrusting someone else into the command position.

:wink:
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Allen Chi » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:13 pm

Do I sense foreshadowing?
Allen Chi

Postby Thess » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:35 pm

"Hydrogen Flame" is hydrogen plasma- superheated hydrogen plasma is typically found throughout stars and is generated by the impulse reactors in the deuterium fusion process, freeing up and superheating free hydrogen molecules. So in essence, the secret to their defeat is riding around with every single ship in the Federation.
Unless the phenomena you're referring to is actually something else entirely using treknology.

Shayne
Thess

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:01 am

Very good point, Thess! It's just a matter of seeing if our Science Department and Engineers pick up on this fact and can find a way to integrate it into something to use against the Tarmon Ay ;-)
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ducane » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:22 pm

Lookout Tarmon Ay, we're armed with knowledge

Alex Ducane

[ HAS-2 Architect ]
Ducane
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Lucasausems » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:21 pm

Those who are not strong, must be smart....

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Allen Chi » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:41 pm

Ah crap... we're not too smart
Allen Chi

Postby Ducane » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:05 pm

Allen, with someone like you at tactical, we have all the defense we need.

Alex Ducane

[ HAS-2 Architect ]
Ducane
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Lucasausems » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:46 pm

As long as your not busy with Melissa, remember, business before pleasure..... :wink:

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Ducane » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:05 pm

Ahh yes, the old rule...

Alex Ducane

[ HAS-2 Architect ]
Ducane