OOC Question

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

OOC Question

Postby Allen Chi » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:28 pm

Hey, I'm a new guy around here and I was just wondering; I've been receiving posts through email, and I take a read through the forums and I see that there are also posts going on in here. Am I supposed to also post via both methods or just email?

At the moment, I'm still catching up to the story but I am somewhat confused at some points. If someone could please fill me in to the current mission that'd be appreciated.

Anyways, hello to everyone, and if my questions could be answered, that'd be great. I look forward to meeting you all.
Allen Chi

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:33 pm

With this being an e-mail sim, all logs need to be submitted to the mailstring.

Everyone is welcome to post their logs here, on the Zealous forums, as a way to "showcase" their writing. Some do it, but not everyone. It can be helpful for others, but it's not mandatory.

The only time that it becomes essential that logs be posted on the forum is when there are problems with the mailstring. I'm hoping that I don't jinx us by stating this, but we thankfully have not had any major malfunctions with the mailstring in a while.

As for the storyline, the summary should be updated within the next day or two, so that should hopefully fill in some of the gaps!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Allen Chi » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:50 pm

Thanks alot for the quick reply :D
Allen Chi

Postby Allen Chi » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:01 pm

Another question if I may;

my duties as a Tactical officer, what do they entail? Will I be assigned a specific role or should I just make stuff up?
Allen Chi

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:53 am

I actually found this on a site, which details various crew positions. Here is what they had to say for Tactical:

Depending on the situation, Tactical can be one of the busiest, but most enjoyable positions. The Tactical officer is the backbone of the ship.

Tactical is responsible for all defensive systems (shields, phasers, photons, etc.). Tactical also scans and provides data on all encountered vessels. The Tactical Officer on the bridge must also coordinate with the Security Officer on duty.

When ordered to by the Captain he fires weapons, raises shields, and determines damage done to the enemy. He also raises people on hailing frequencies. The Tactical officer must know the correct balance of damage inflicted to the other ship for each firing of the phasers and photons.

Tactical controls the cloaking device and coordinates with Operations in running the Tachyon beam to scan for other cloaked ships. ONLY Tactical may detect ships in the vicinity. (I.E. Tactical has ship-to-ship sensors, not ship-to-shore sensors, which are at Operations).

In the absense of Security officers, Tactical handles all intruders and away team security.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Lucasausems » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:34 pm

What she said

Welcome to this ship, Ensign Chi
Get ready for loads of fun :P
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Jake Sjet » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:35 pm

What he said about what she said. Welcome to the madness!
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Allen Chi » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:46 pm

Well, thanks for the welcome and the answer. This will make my next log very interesting :)

At least to me :P
Allen Chi

Postby Ducane » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:04 pm

Welcome Aboard! 8)

Alex Ducane

[ USS Zealous ] - [ Commander :: First Officer ]
[ Starfleet Legacy Alliance Administrator ]
[ HAS-2 Architect ]
Ducane
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Return to USS Zealous