The One, The I, and The All

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

The One, The I, and The All

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:44 pm

Jake made his way slowly through the interior of the space station. He hadn’t thought it was this big but compared to the Zealous it was immense. He passed beggars and lurkers, out castes driven by some strange need for order into the lower levels of the Starbase, away from the patrols and into the darker regions where only the bravest maintenance crews could work. But unlike many who wander the lower decks of level fifty Jake knew exactly where he was going.
The Zocalo was a hole in the wall, in the most literal sense. Some how the bar keep had blasted a hole through the wall into an adjoining cargo bay and had used it from that point on as a bar for those who searched for nothing and reached not for the stars but for the bottle. Stepping quietly inside Jake wished he hadn’t worn the bright white Starfleet dress uniform as he stuck out like a sore thumb. The bar keep was polishing a glass when Jake arrived, and did not acknowledge his arrival.
“Bar tender?” Jake said, and the small man gave no response other thn picking up another glass.
“Bar tender.” He said again, more firmly this time but with venom lacing his words. Still, the little man gave no response so Jake unclipped the phaser from where he’d hidden it and slammed it down on the counter top.
“Bar tender!” The man jumped, dropping the glass and turning quickly.
“Hello kind sirs, who may I’s help you’s?” his grammar was as bad as the odour coming from his unshaven face but Jake continued.
“I have questions.” He said firmly.
“Yes,” the bar tender said eyeing the phaser “many peoples have them.”
“Phasers?” Jake said, retreating the phaser from the mans sight and back into its concealed position.
“Questions. So, what will it be’s?”
“Romulan ale.” Jake demanded.
“That is highly illegal in Federation space’s Mr Just-A-Guy.” The bar tender smiled.
“Do I look like Starfleet security?” The man shook his head at jakes words and pushed a small shot glass of the blue liquid towards him “Now, I have question concerning a message.”
“I have no idea what you are’s talking about.” The bar tender said, but he had started before Jake had finished. So Jake grabbed the little man by the neck and hoisted him into the air. The glow his body produced seemed to shift in the spectrum into a bed arterial red “I have no time to waste on you. Tell me and I’ll consider sparing your life!”
“They are in there’s Misters! But please don’t harm the faces!” the bar tender pleaded, pointing at a door at the back of the bar. Jake nodded and threw him down across the bar.
“If your wrong, I will be back. And I will not be calm.” Jake said quietly, and walked away from the bar, leaving the Romulan ale where it was shortly snatched by a passing Klingon. The door was a receded bulkhead marked Warning Vacuum. Signs like this were found anywhere near the skin of a vessel or space station, but Jake was no where near the skin of the space station. Jake touched the bulkhead, and it shimmered and disappeared. Looking inside Jake stepped into a room as white as snow, devoid off all dimensions such as up or down, left or right. The world behind him span away like a Frisbee and then he saw what a first looked like a plate.
A plate of cookies.
“Take one.” A voice as kind as any mother on any world stated. Jake turned quickly, and saw a old dark skinned woman with skin like leather. She smiled and waddled to the plate and picked it up. She wore a loud yellow apron and a Starfleet uniform “I made them for you.”
“You didn’t have to.” Jake said, slowly picking his words “Where am I?”
“Your in the Moment.” She smiled sweetly like a caring grandparent.
“The Moment?” Jake said in amazement as the old woman offered the plate to him again.
“Yes young man. Between the past, the present and the future, which all happen at the same time, there is a small gap where time doesn’t work. I use this place as a way to talk to your kind.”
“My kind?” Jake said, sitting in a chair that should not have been there.
“Yes. Now Jake, I’m afraid that there is much more yet for you to suffer. Behind you through that door,” as she spoke Jake looked back, and a old style wooden door rested behind him “you will meet the Five Oracles. They each hold five parts of the Prophecy. Now, when you go through, do not fear.”
“What if I don’t go threw? What if I stay?”
“You can’t stay, you’ve already made the decision as to whether or not to go throw. You read the message, witch caused you to become curious, and effected you to leave the party and come here. Cause and effect is the main reason all things live. Now, go through. I guarantee you’ll feel better afterwards.” He held out a cookie to him “They really are good. Go now Jake, there is still much for us to do. And remember, Taneth is a friend, not a enemy.”
Jake accepted the biscuit, and smiled at the woman.
And then walked through the door.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Ripping Stuff

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:45 pm

Jake stepped through and saw the first Oracle. She was the bartender who had given hi the message to come down to the Zocalo.
“Purpose.” A voice said, but it sounds like millions of people speaking as one. The woman, all she did was open her mouth, she did not move her lips she just opened her mouth and the voice came out.
“Purpose?” Jake asked.
“Purpose is what binds us.”
“Purpose is what guides us.”
“Purpose is what defines us.”
“Purpose is what drives us!”
“Purpose,” each time it was a different voice, a different emotion saying the words “is what has brought you to us.”
“Who are you? What are you?” Jake demanded.
“For millions of year we have listened to the electromagnetic chatter of your tiny self worlds. We know you better than you know your self’s. We know your purpose.”
“So what is my purpose?” Jake asked an white line circles Jake, forming a cordon around him.
“You will tear the heart out of you race, but not be born of that race. And then the Many will fall on the few, and you will lead them. But only as whole will this be possible. Alone, and Darkness will have you.” The voices stated, and no sooner had Jake formulated a response the hole opened up beneath him and he dropped away into the darkness.

Jake Sjet

Fallen Angel

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:48 pm

When Jake slowly came to he was lying face down in a pile of mud.
Well, he hoped it was mud.
“Your one of those outsiders.” A voice with a strong cockney accent stated “One with a time frame right?”
Jake looked up, and saw a man holding what looked like a antique rifle as long as the man was tall. His mud and blood stained uniform was a olive green colour, and he wore a tin hat on his head of the same colour.
“Where, oh wait…” it all came back to him.
“They always say that. Never got into the why part of it, just following orders I am.” The same sat down on a small hill of mud and lit a small white paper tube “So they tell me you’re the Sajuuk Kar?”
“The what?”
“It’s Iconian, “ Jake was beginning to hate that name, of the long dead species it represent and what they had done to him. A word surfaced in his mind.
I hate him…A growling voice shouted
“Its means Chosen One. Personally I find it all a bunch a hyperbol if you ask me, but here.” He struggled to get something from his pocket and then threw it to Jake.
A loud whistle filled the air and earth flew like a tidal wave into the foggy air. Jake went with it.
He will fight for love under the crescent of the Angel Moons.

Jake Sjet

Machine Spirit

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:49 pm

Jake’s eyes opened like gun fire. A searchlight blinded him momentarily as it passed quickly over him. It was replaced by a clear vista of stars as they fell away, stretched out like spaghetti. Beneath his hands was cold metal; the same metal also had words written on it.
USS Zealous.
“Oh this is not good.” Jake said, and then realised he wasn’t wearing a EVA suit.
“You will not die here.” A voice boomed from no where as Jake rested on the dorsal hull of the USS Zealous, which was speeding through space at warp, acting as its hood ornament.
“Who said that!” Jake demanded, gingerly standing up, looking like he was standing into the wind.
“Spirit. It connects all and is all. You are a connection between two Spirit worlds and neither can or will ever be able to coexist. You are logic, and illogic. Right and wrong.”
“ Cause and effect.” Jake muttered slowly.
“Logic, Purpose, Love. With out one there cannot be three, and with out three there cannot be one.” The soft, feminine voice stated “You are the combination of all three. But you are missing all. You will have to choose between the life of a friend, and the life of the woman you love, the one you have chosen to as your own.”
“How can you ask me to make that choice, if what you say is true!” Jake demanded towards the glowing point which the ship was quickly nearing “Answer me!” the light swallowed Jake, and he was gone once again.

Jake Sjet

Prophesy Redirected

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:50 pm

He woke up for what felt like the hundredth time. He was home!
He looked around the familiar wards and green off colour wall plating of the Olympia City Medical Centre. Miners and Utopia Planitia workers were always stumbling in, walking wounded from the battlefield of life.
“Jake Sjet, the Sajuuk Kar of a forgotten Race.” A voice laced with venom stated from behind him. Jake turned and faced his own mother. She was a short woman enter the sixth decade of her life with fewer wrinkles than many would have at her age but her eyes were still as sharp as razor blades.
“Mum?” Jake asked.
“You will have to sacrifice the life of a friend, for the good of a million beings. I wish I could say these decisions will be e-” Jakes mother never finished as a fiendish claws stabbed through the olive green medical. Jake rushed forward but a hand fell on his shoulder. It span him around and his face collided with that of a mans fist. Jake was taken aback as he staggered into a wall. Stood before him were four people he knew.
Murdock, Alex, Ti’ana and Captain Ja’arda. All were in there Starfleet dress uniforms but instead of the snowy white colour each uniform was death black.
“It is the Sajuuk Kar.” Murdock said in a dead flat voice.
“Do we proceed?” Ti’ana asked, not looking at her compatriots.
“Yes.” Alex said with the confidence of a coiled viper.
“He is only human.” Ja’arda finished as the four rushed him as a one. Murdock came in low with a punch to collide with his gut. Jake slide sideways and down while Zania grabbed a tray from a nearby bio bed and brought it down on Jake said with a clang of metal.
Jake rolled out of the way as the try hit him, dazing him so he didn’t see the kick from Ti’ana coming in from the floor it kick him in the throat.
He suddenly found that air had become an impossible commodity to buy as his Tricia was crushed into a mush of tangled tissue. Jake was screaming through a crushed air pipe when Valron, or as Valron had called it the Construct walked over him, changing slowly back into a doppelganger for Jake.
“Mr Sjet,” he smiled down at Jake “you look surprised to see me again.”
Before the darkness closed in on him Jake was able to say on word.
“Impossible.”
“No, inevitable.”

Jake Sjet

Alls Well That Ends Well

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:51 pm

Jake awoke with a jolt. His throat was raw but he was breathing steadily.
“You shouldn’t be here Mr Sjet.” Valron stated, creeping from the shadows like a well to do businessman “I killed you. I watched you die, with no small amount of satisfaction. Then you put me away, in a box like a tool to kept. But you never intended to use me again. That is why I am here.”
“You shouldn’t be here. Valron, the real Valron killed you!” Jake mumbled, rolling up on his knees and spitting blood from his mouth.
“Ah still using all the muscles except the one that counts. I don’t know why, or how, but when you died I knew what I was suppose to do, to take over, to destroy and kill. But I didn’t, I felt compelled to help you. To help others. I felt sick, I’m trapped in a world where I cannot be who I am. I’ve been infected by a virus that you call hope.” Valron spat the words as though they were foul tasting.
“Good for you.” Jake whispered.
“And god for you. Because I’m not going any where. I’m always going to be here, talking in your ear. That little feeling, that everything around you is a buffet, will be me. You will concentrate sole on not killing anyone, because they are all food, prey things. And you temper. Well, it has much to be desired.” Valron placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed “Brother.”
The world around him suddenly shift and became bleached. He was back in that One Moment, with the old lady and her plate of cookies.
“I hope they didn’t frighten you child.” The woman said “But like I said, the road ahead is a long one, and over the coming years you will seeing destruction and earth in many forms. But you know what? Your going to walk out of here, and your going to be happy. For a whole day all thoughts will be pushed aside. Now go. You’re friends are waiting for you.” She handed Jake a tall necked bottle “Take this. It’s a reminder, and it’s a gift to the Captain of your ship. She doesn’t know it yet, but she and the ship crew will be asked to do many thing that will shape the Galaxy for the coming war. The Telepaths will rise up, and you will be on the front lines.”
“War what-”
The world was put back into focus. He had the bottle in his hands, and a he felt, well.
Lighter, lighter was the word he was looking for. The weight’s placed on him were gone now, if only for a short time.
The doors infront of him parted, and he re-enter the ceremony with the grace of a rouge planet. No one seemed to miss him, except of a course the small knot of people at the bar.
Jake shook his head, and began to negotiate the slow moving organism of the dance floor.
It was good to be back.
And as he left, he did not notice something resting on the floor.
A cookie.

Jake Sjet

Return to USS Zealous