Storyline suggestions!

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:43 pm

At least it's not a Betazoid wedding, where everyone has to bare all!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:35 am

If you did that the crew would be fined for mooning at a starbase.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:51 am

At least nobody suggested the game, "Shoot the Moon"! ROTFL!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:55 am

you could say it the betazoid national anthem, 'Oh say can you see!'
"Yep, we see all right..eerrrr."

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:04 am

You'd better be careful or we're going to send you undercover as a Betazoid at a traditional wedding, LOL!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jacob Verne » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:13 am

Well if I end up at a Betazoid wedding you guys can find out if the spots really do go all the way down.
Commander Zane Dillard
USS Zealous

2003 Sethies:
Honorable Mention: XO of the Year
H. M. : Most Honorable SLA Member
H. M. : Sim of the Year (Zealous)
H. M. : Storline of the Year (Zealous)
Jacob Verne
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:34 am

Trust me Zane, we have no need to now 'how far the spots go down'.
And if we ever do find out I'll have you kicked out on a pych discharge, and I think I'll have the concilor on my side, that or she'll be traumatised for life. Which ever is more convient.

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:01 pm

LOL! You guys are just too much sometimes, but that can be a good thing!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ensign Vaskel » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:50 am

I was thinking that the zealous encounter the first Species 8472 assult on the Alpha quadrant and the Zealous is put in charge of ridding the Alpha Quadrant of them after going to the Daystrom Institute and being supplied with Seven of Nines enhanced weapon systems for defense against Species 8472.
Ensign Vaskel

Postby Jacob Verne » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:36 am

Another Good idea.
Commander Zane Dillard
USS Zealous

2003 Sethies:
Honorable Mention: XO of the Year
H. M. : Most Honorable SLA Member
H. M. : Sim of the Year (Zealous)
H. M. : Storline of the Year (Zealous)
Jacob Verne
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ensign Vaskel » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:30 pm

While in Deep Space the Zealous makes the fourth contact with a species called the Vyronians (see new species.) They open fire and pose tough oppenents for Zealous, but are destroyed by the Zealous. Heading back for the repairs it turns out that one is onboard and damages the warp core and it can't be operation for another eight days. The Zealous sends a distress call but due to the fact they are in deep space it will be another two weeks before a vessel can arrive. The Crew have to undergo the task of ridding the Zealous of the intruder but its special abilities (see new species) prove the task very difficult and it wantsto rid the Zealous of its crew with an advantage.
Ensign Vaskel

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:41 pm

I definitely like the Species 8472 encounter. That one sounds pretty interesting, as do all of the ideas!

I'm going through a book now on the various aliens in the galaxy, so I might have some more tidbits to throw out there as possibilities we can work off of.

Until that time, how about this for a possible plot?

The Zealous finds itself in the middle of a conflict between two warring clans of Felonians. Both sides believe that they are right and fighting for a just cause. There are only two unsettling choices to ultimately select from. Does the Zealous crew stay to try and get both sides to compromise, risking their own freedom in the process (since both clans would want to enslave them)? Or do they leave, knowing that the bloodshed between the clans continues, taking the lives of innocent women and children in the process?

It certainly creates quite a moral dilemma. Thanks goes to Jake Sjet, who was talking politics with me, which spurned this idea!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:03 am

I don't talk politics, I talk rubbish.....same thing really.

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:00 am

Here's a few more ideas to toss out there . . .

Artifact Recovery

There are several artifacts from other cultures throughout the Federation that have been "lost" or are missing. The Zealous could be assigned to find some of them.

Here's a few which we could try to find:

Bajoran Orbs
Orb of Realms - allows for dimensional travel
Orb of Peace - power unknown
Orb of Thought - power unknown
Orb of Mystery - power unknown

Betazoid Relics
Mighty Spear of Vard
Sword of Lexx
Blessed Lantern of Javv
Righteous Staff of Gand
Virtuous Wand of Kazz
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Taneth » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:38 am

This is something I whipped up a while ago for a game, but never got around to completing. There is no magic here, it's all technology. Ancient technology, very advanced. The Star Crystals all belong the same culture (Cytherian) and were carried by only one of them. They were made to look like magic, and are powered by neural energy combined with a fuel in the crystal structure.
Enjoy.

The Golden Gauntlet is worn by the crystal master, it holds all the
Star Crytals. Star crystals are marbles with shiny points of
light inside and harbouring great powers. They are named...
Crystal of:

Refraction
Allows the holder to become invisible at will, but still solid.
Speed
Allows the holder to exist in a faster timeframe. The
holder's age and metabolism stays with the outside time.
Vision
Allows the holder to see the entire light spectrum. Everything.
Healing
Speeds the holder's healing to over 1,000,000 times.
The Gauntlet
Fixed into the front of the Golden Gauntlet, it maintains all
of the Star Crystals and prevents them or the Gauntlet from
being damaged.
Displacement
Allows all matter to pass through the holder at will.
Youth
Keeps the holder young as long as the crystal is held.
Telepathy
Allows the holder to read other people's minds, and implant's
thoughts in the holder's voice into other people's minds.
Teleportation
Allows the holder to teleport any object to any location, including self.
Weaponry
Allows the holder's hands to fire particle blasts capable of
penetrating any shields, or discharge a high voltage a short
distance capable of stunning a victim.
Allows the holder to navigate any environment and find anything
Telekenesis
Allows the holder to manipulate objects without physical contact
Posession
Gives the holder control of another life form. One at a time.
Protection
Any weapon fired at the holder is deflected or dispersed at
will, to an extent.
Replication
The holder can create objects with thought. Very draining.
Time
Allows the holder to travel through time. Very draining.
Reflection
Allows the holder to create a duplicate image of anything and
project it anywhere.
Allows the holder to appear and sound different at will.
Levitation
Allows the holder to float against gravity.
Memory
Extends the memory capacity of the holder, increasing the
accuracy in the process and allowing the holder to access
other people's memory when combined with Crystal of Telepathy.
Energy
Eliminates the holder's need for sustainance or sleep.
Last edited by Taneth on Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:28 am

Ooohhhh!!! I like that idea, Taneth! Would all of the crystals be in the Gauntlet, or would the crew come across the Gauntlet and have to find the crystals separately?

If the latter is the case, we could turn it into a race against some of the new species for locating and control over the various crystals.

Again, a great idea!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Taneth » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:37 pm

The only crystal that is part of the Golden Gauntlet is the Crystal of the Golden Gauntlet. All the rest can simply be attached. They need only be held to be used, but they do have a limited usage before they break down, and can only be regenerated by the Golden Gauntlet, giving them even greater value and a sense of urgency in collecting the whole set.
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Some Things Rarely Change

Postby Carwin » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:38 pm

This should be interesting, for the first while this ship was in space back in the old days when I was aboard, we also had the whole over tone of a war ship trying to find a place in an era of peace, but we always were being blown up and destroyed anyways. I find this amusing because when I rejoin the ship so many months later, it is just back in dock from falling apart in battle.
Carwin

Postby Carwin » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:21 pm

Okay this is not really a plot line suggestion but a point and a directional suggestion that is really undefined and open ended. Instead of trying to come up with random mission in a predetermined timeline, why not make up a saga. I mean simming and hosting in the SLA I have seen only one thing lacking, and that is a completely non-cannon timeline based strongly off Star Trek. If there ever is an alternative creative story line to a sim, then the sim goes under because of lack of creativity. The only thing that survives in the SLA and I am not complaining this is my favorite place to sim, but all that makes it here is stuff base securely around cannon facts and time lines.

Now I believe that this ship from the limited stuff I have seen from it, can probably pull of forming a original plot line, weather it be a War with the Borg, or a alternative dimension, or getting stuck in Andromedia. Why do I believe this, well because, the one thing that stands out to me in this crew is it’s captains open ended way of coming up with crew inspired and suggest plot lines, most captains just make the missions, and let the crew work in those confines. Now that works when everything is defined, but not so well when that captain has to start coming up with the plots and facts. But from what I have read of this crews logs and board posts, is that they know Star Trek and with a crew as a think-tank it is easy to create facts and fictions.

Examples of these types of ideas are like, the Andromeida fleet, which if you are not familiar with, it should be oblivious what their plot line is. Or a more ambitious plot line would be Futilities End, which is a sim line based of a post Borg war future. What I am saying here, is that I do not care if we just stick to the basics, all I am saying is that I simmed up and down every where, and this ship looks like it could pull off something spectacular.
Carwin

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:02 pm

If I didn't know any better, Carwin, I would swear that you are psychic and could read my mind! LOL!

The main reason for this thread, as well as the ones for the new species and new planets, is to allow everyone a chance to contribute their ideas to the ship. We might have to combine ideas, spruce things up a bit, or tone things down (perhaps by splitting one idea into two), but as long as the ideas keep coming in, we'll have plenty of material to work with and then some!

We want the Zealous to feel just as much as your ship as it is ours!

Some of the ideas that have already been presented, including for new species, are such to where we have a great potential for several major sagas, and even some mini-sagas. When implimented, they will certainly be interesting, plus prove as a major challenge for the Zealous.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:41 am

taneth wrote:The only crystal that is part of the Golden Gauntlet is the Crystal of the Golden Gauntlet. All the rest can simply be attached. They need only be held to be used, but they do have a limited usage before they break down, and can only be regenerated by the Golden Gauntlet, giving them even greater value and a sense of urgency in collecting the whole set.

Definitely sounds interesting! This has a lot of potential for a storyline. I'm all eager to try this one out. Great suggestion!

Do you have any more ideas that we might be able to use?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Taneth » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:25 am

Here's one I suggested to the Centauris, but it didn't really take off:

A pre-warp post-industrial civilisation has snared a local wormhole and attached it to their planet. Somehow they did the same thing to another planet in the Beta quadrant and made friends with a stone age civilisation there. Then we arrive and look astonished.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:48 am

I like that one Taneth! It could be a real test of the Prime Directive, even though it wasn't a Federation ship that would have caused the incusion of technology in the stone age civilization. You've got some great ideas there!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Taneth » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:46 pm

I don't know how, but the other crew got the impression from that same discription that the federation was responsible. They protested because "it's against the prime directive". I like it when people actually read what I write.
Now I just need someone to talk to my character, I've been abandoned. Forgotten! Where is everyone??? I'm all alone down here in the mess hall.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:08 pm

Perhaps they misunderstood your idea when they read mine. I've tended to notice, even in real life, that some people have a tendency to see, hear, or read just what they want to, and ignore the rest; hence, the thinking that your idea might have been caused by the Federation (when it isn't).

As for interaction, don't worry! I'm sure you'll have some soon!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to USS Zealous