Storyline suggestions!

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby Ti'ana » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:17 pm

its already in the stores here. it comes in a nifty case.
Lt. Cmdr. Ti'ana Sullivan
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Ducane » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:33 pm

Aye, I have to wait until May

Alex Ducane

[ USS Zealous ] - [ Commander :: First Officer ]
[ Starfleet Legacy Alliance Administrator ]
[ HAS-2 Architect ]
Ducane
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:48 pm

I just bought Firefly!
(Crickets sing in the background, reverberating the silence.)
What? I still like trek! Don't look at me like that!
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Taneth » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:13 pm

I've got nearly every voyager episode on tape. $2 each! (rent, copy, return, watch...)
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:45 pm

In the beginning there was the Federation.
And there was much happiness.

Then the Federation made its Machines.
And there was much happiness.

Then the Machines attacked the Federation.
And there was much pain and sadness.

And then…
Machine made the Federation.
And the then became the now…

Tomorrow is there to be made, and it is the makers who create it.

(This is a taster if a storyline I'm tinkering with)

Where am I going with this? What is it about, what disaster has befallen the Federation? Can the Zealous savbe the day?

Jake Sjet

Postby llbirdnow1 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:03 pm

And the Peasants rejoice...yeah...
llbirdnow1

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:28 am

Ooooohhhh! That sounds like it could be an interesting storyline, Jake! :-D
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:49 am

Thjat when it gets past the echoee voice over stage...

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:15 pm

The threat from the Felonians is growing. Within recent weeks, the number and intensity of the attacks from Felonian fighters on Federation worlds have increased.

Two critical Deep Space stations have allen, and are now under Felonian control. Five planets have been invaded and conquered. This has dealt a devastating blow to the Federation, which is desparately trying to protect its member worlds, despite the losses they have already suffered. Also complicating matters is the fact that they were unable to fully rebuild following the long and grueling Dominion War.

What is baffling Starfleet Intelligence Officers is the ease at which each planet and station was conquereed. The Felonians seemed to know exactly what the weaknesses were - almost as if they had an infiltraitor, or could read minds.

As a result, prejudice against psionic species is increasing exponentially. Some are even calling for the removal of these gifted species from any position, especially ones of power or authority, and herding them into internment camps until the end of the conflict with the Felonians.

All attempts at peace and negotiation have failed, leaving Starfleet no other choice. They have to aggressively defend what's left of the Federation, and develop plans on how to reclaim their losses.

Starfleet sends the Zealous on a very dangerous mission. Several officers must infiltrate the Felonian home world and determine how the enemy is able to take over Federation interests so easily.

If they fail, Captain Ja'arda, Counselor Richards, and others aboard the Zealous with mental abilities could be stripped of their ranks, their positions, and forced to enter into one of the internment camps.

During the investigation, what they discover is shocking! The Felonians are secretly getting help from a species that looks human. Who are these mysterious people? Could they be from Earth? Are they members of The True Federation? If there's no connection to TTF, then what planet are they from and why are they helping the Felonians?

When the truth is revealed, it will shake the Federation to the core, bringing mistrust to one of the most honest and respected member worlds of the Federation. How will that change in sentiment affect residents of that planet? More importantly, will the planet be able to repair the damage to their reputation and regain the trust and respect of other Federation worlds?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ti'ana » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:07 pm

wow, that is a good one. very world war 2 with the concentration camps, and after pearl harbor when people of japanese descent were put into camps here in the US. racial prejudice is a big issue, it might be interesting to address it in this context!
Lt. Cmdr. Ti'ana Sullivan
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:52 pm

I'm thinking that this would be a good storyline to use when it comes time to introduce the Cyndrielians. Plus, conflict like this can always be good for character development - especially in those few missions where things don't always have a good ending!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:58 am

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh

Jake Sjet

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:59 am

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:48 am

It was long believed that Voyager destroyed the Borg Queen, devastating the Collective. A new series of signals and movement by the Borg, originating from the Delta Quadrant, strongly indicates otherwise.

If it is true, and the Borg Queen has survived, she would likely target the Federation - not for assimilating its citizens, but to annhialate them. It would be a clear change of tactics and strategy by the Borg, who had only focused on assimilation, and would be enough to keep Starfleet off-guard. The Federation would have no way of knowing what the Borg would be planning next.

This has created a great amount of concern for Federation worlds, considering that some are still severely weakened and trying to recover from the Dominion War.

The Zealous is sent to investigate this new, possible Borg threat.

They learn that the Borg Queen managed to transfer her consciousness into a specific memory storage unit of the Collective. There, it sat and waited until the Borg were able to find and assimilate a new female body, which would become the physical form for the "reborn" Borg Queen.

The Zealous, however, seemed to have been unable to find solid proof that a new Queen exists. What they did uncover was a small shuttle, drifting in space. On board is a woman - Zania's aunt, Isabeau.

At first, the reunion seems to be joyous and without reason for concern or mistrust. As time passes, and a few incidents occur, several crew members begin to suspect that Isabeau isn't what she seems to be.

When Isabeau is caught while trying to sabotage the Zealous, the truth comes out. The Borg have developed new technology for a bold new series of implants, allowing those who are assimilated into the Collective to look like they always have in the past, but still retain contact and the increased functionality (strength, stamina, etc). Isabeau has not only been assimilated and turned into a true cyborg, but also made the new Borg Queen.

The reason for Isabeau's selection is simple. The Borg not only want a human-looking species to infiltrate the Federation, but also one which has the ability to read minds and sense emotions. This would give the Borg an advantage it never had.

This has a devastating effect on the crew, who put their trust in Isabeau, but particularly on Captain Ja'arda. The Captain also has to face the toughest decision of all.

How can you kill your own relative, whom you have known and loved all of your life, before they destroy you or your ship? Can she be freed from Borg control, much like Picard (Locutis) or Annika Hansen (Seven of Nine), or are the new implants too complicated?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Lucasausems » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:23 pm

Guys, I was thinking, Luke is going to spend a lot of time with the counsellor, I thought it might be interesting if he falls in love with her?

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:21 pm

That would be up to the person playing Melissa, but it seems as if she had a relationship going with Allen Chi. Even if she says no, there is the new Counselor, however. ;-)
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:24 pm

I think that was what he was talking about...any news from her?

Jake Sjet

Postby Ducane » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:11 pm

I love the borg

Alex Ducane

[ USS Zealous ] - [ Commander :: First Officer ]
[ Starfleet Legacy Alliance Administrator ]
[ HAS-2 Architect ]
Ducane
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:15 pm

And they love you Alex

Jake Sjet

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:16 pm

Invisible Enemy

The Federation and her allies have been infected with a genetic virus, one hundred percent infection and one hundred percent deadly. It can kill in four days and leave nothing but a bloated thing that might have once been a person. But no one has yet to die of this virus, as it its only the first of two parts. The first is the infectious Filo virus, and the second it the biological triggering virus which will kick start a galactic epidemic that will wipe out all those who are infected. The terror group The True Federation hold the triggering virus and the Federation to ransom, and are ready to sell it off to the highest bidder. So when four of the Zealous crew are infect with the trigger virus it becomes imperative to find the cure, stop the auction of the trigger and stop the TTF from what ever dastardly plan they have in store for the proceeds.
All the wild the virus is eating the four crewmen, can the medical and science teams find a cure? Or is this the end of the line for the Federation and the Galaxy at large?

Jake Sjet

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:23 pm

Nano Terror

"Can Jakes search for forgiveness also bring about the destruction of a life? Is that price he's willing to pay for redemption? For his soul?"

In Macbeth the Three Hags who fore told his rise to Kinghood and then his ultimate demise once said “Something wicked this way comes”.
On the Zealous…evil has become a thing of reality...and this way it comes. Some how, during the night of darkness unparalleled the Construct has seeped like a cancer from Sjet, forming into a leathery organic mass, pulsating and crawling across the Zealous access tunnels in search of a new host, a body who’s mind is not as strong as Sjet’s.
And it find one.
Moving with a lightning fast speed the Constructs bacteria like form invades its victim, over riding and suppressing its mind with a cold indifference for life.
Soon the crew are after this crewmember, this individual with the power of a small army. Changing from normal to a reptilian monster the beast is soon being perused by Sjet, equal to it in every way but fuelled by a blood lust and a need for vengeance.
Soon two beings of titanic power will fight a battle for a person’s soul, but in that attempt can Jake and the crew find a way to control the newly transformed crewmember?
And can jakes blood lust be controlled, before he destroys the ship, his friends, and the infected crewmen?
Can he forgive himself?
Valron.
And the Construct?

Okay BIG note hre guys and gals. No offence to the new guys and but this the crewman in this storyline will be someone "I" trust, this is not up to debate. Those people are -

Robinson, Murdock, Jalovel, Ducane, Ti'ana and Mellissa (if I've spelt any of your names wrong I bow before the lot of you and beg forgiveness)

I trust these people to be able to handle SHS with a minimum of "I have power, I'll do the god thing", this is a big thing, something I have to think about every time I post. Jake can't beam from spot to spot, he can't fire lightning from his finger tips. Their is the telepathic radiation, and he can only shape shift into a another form that he can not control very well so he's more of a danger than anythign else.
So I do not pick these names out of I'll pick because I don't trust any of you, I pick these names because I hope to see Jake's alterego grow as a character...and a force of nature hehe

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:31 pm

Interesting! The Zealous crew becomes the trigger for the virus? That could lead to an interesting dilemma - does the crew risk contact with others in search of the crew, or do they start their own self-imposed quarantine?

Great idea, Jake!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:17 pm

Also for the list of 'lucky' simmers for the Nano terror lotter I've also added Zania to that list, why leave out the last sane person on the ship?

Jake Sjet

Postby Taneth » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:36 pm

Second last. For now.
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:53 am

Admiral Bryant contacts the Zealous, instead of Admiral Granger. He has ordered the crew to proceed to the nearest Starbase, where select members will be chosen and trained for a highly classified mission.

Once the Zealous arrives, the selected crew members are immediately ushered off for what is thought to be a very intense briefing. Not even the Captain has access to this, despite the fact that some of her crew were chosen.

Those not involved in the briefing take advantage of the situation to get in a rare chance for some R&R.

Soon, the selected crew members are returned to the ship, and the Zealous is given the task of trying to locate one individual. Admiral Byrant claims that the person is a threat to the safety of the entire Federation, and those who were specially briefed must be sent after him.

When the crew arrives at a planet to search for the person in question, the Captain complies with the Admiral's wishes and sends down those who were briefed at the Starbase.

During the beam-out, Alex Ducane notices something unusual about the bio-chemestry of the away team. It doesn't match up with their last transporter trace.

He tries to warn the Captain, but that warning comes a bit too late. The away team has killed the individual the crew was sent to find. The person was not a threat to the Federation, but had been working on a way to achieve peace with a hostile force (possibly the Felonians) and on the verge of a major breakthrough.

This killing not only makes Starfleet look bad, but it prompts the Federation to suspend all Starfleet operations until a full investigation is held, and the findings brought before a multi-planetary board of inquiry.

Not satisfied to wait around and let Starfleet be destroyed, the Zealous crew start their own investigation. Questions immediately surface about what happened on the Starbase to the away team, the differences in the transporter traces, as well as to why Admiral Bryant sent the Zealous on the mission.

Was he working on his own, or for another group/organization? If he was working for a group, which one? The True Federation? Did they work out a deal with the Felonians to get what they wanted in exchange for the death of the mediator?

More importantly, can the crew of the Zealous find a way to de-program the members of the away team before Admiral Bryant orders any more assassinations, including that of the Captain and the Zealous crew?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to USS Zealous