Storyline suggestions!

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:13 pm

Where My Heart Will Take Me...

The Zealous is contacted by a race long thought forgotten, the Iconians. They wish to reenter the galaxy and the offer all there technology for free is very tempting. Gateways, growign starship out of crystal and so on. But when Jake hands in his resignation paper, informing evberyone he intends to leave for Iconai can the crew stop him beofr he leave's this galaxy. But while this is happening, a member or two of the crew discover that the Iconains are not being as hoinest as they should be.
Because...
There was always a reason why they were known as...
The Deamons of Air and Darkness.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:26 pm

This one sounds like it could lead to a testing of the Federation's Prime Directive! Great drama, and a lot of character development (particularly around Jake's decision to stay with the Iconians or return to his posting on the Zealous)! Another fantastic idea, Jake!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Taneth » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:09 pm

Vanish

After being bitten by an insect of some sort, a member of the crew falls into a high fever, which breaks the next day (engage random pick-a-victim). All seems well until <victim> suddenly has the ability to pass through solid matter, and is unable to stop. As days go by, <victim> is obviously becoming more and more transperant. The cause is traced to a planet where <victim> recently went on an away mission. The insect was a gatherer form of the species (just like the scout form of an ant), and it's venom is slowly phasing <victim> into the realm of the hungry waiting others. Can the venom be neutralised in time before <victim> meets the painful end of being dinner to hundreds of ant-sized bugs?
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Ti'ana » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:49 am

oh ew. bugs. i hate bugs. why do we have to use bugs? ::shivers:: now i dont mind SNAKES (think Indy) but "I hate bugs, why did it have to be bugs?" LOL INDIANA JONES IS SOO COOL. ok yea. my idea is really kinds dumb but what if we were on a diplomatic mission to transport the dignitaries of a world(For now we can call it.....Pandiia(reference to pandora)) The Pandiian's are going to a diplomatic meeting to forge a new peace with a species they have been at war for decades with (uhm, call em the....Tolak) Well, they Pandiian's are on a mission to destroy the Tolak from the inside, and have been genetically modified to transmit a virus via dreams. They enter your dreams, give you a nightmare and you wake up infected. This virus causes everyone to turn on everyone else, extreme paranoia, increases dopamine and adrenaline, causing violence among a people. They accidentally release it on the ship. Telepaths are affected first. (I.E betazoids, vulcans and whatever N'vrix is lol)Great. The crew is all at each others throats. So can the Holodoc, the only one not affected, find a cure before its too late for the zealous...and a world?
Lt. Cmdr. Ti'ana Sullivan
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:50 am

I like that one, Taneth! That could be pretty funny if the victim accidentially phases into another person's bedroom while they're changing, LOL!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:55 am

Interesting concept, Ti'ana! It sounds like the worst way to find yourself in the middle of a civil war between two cultures.

Also, do I detect possibly new species? I don't recognize the names you mentioned.

If the are new, feel free to create something and post that over in the new species thread!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ti'ana » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:01 am

like i said, i had no idea what species to use so for the sake of argument i made some up lol
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:05 am

Well, there's still plenty of time if you want to create your own species. If you get stuck, maybe we could use the Cyndrielians. They'd definitely have it in for Betazoids, and it would be in the best interest of the Federation (and Betazoids) to intercede and create some kind of a truce.

Cyndrielians, with their increased mental abilities, could probably do something similar to what you had described.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Taneth » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:18 am

Ti'ana wrote:oh ew. bugs. i hate bugs.

you realise by saying that you basically volenteered for the position. but let's make it interesting anyway, that information has been factored into the random pick-a-victim program and.........

congratulations! you've won the chance to be eaten alive by hundreds of tiny bugs.
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:22 am

LOL! Good one, Taneth!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:15 am

I'm reminded of a film, Starship Troopers. That had loads of bugs in it, though most of them were able to decapitate people...
"Ya see any thing with more than two legs, nuke it!" thank you Mr Ironsides

Jake Sjet

Postby ShatterJack » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:43 am

While a privateer for the Klingon empire, N'vrix took part in many unsavoury covert actions against the Federation. The worst was commanding a Klingon hunting pack in a suprise attack on a federation fleet that was guarding a group of colony vessels (The attack was ordered after Captain Kirk killed commander Kluge on the Genesis planet). The attack left nearly four thousand dead and the federation ships stranded in a dense asteroid field, masked completely so that they would never be found. 90 years later, the Zealous is patrolling that same area of space when it is commandeered by a fleet of unknown warships that seemed to have scavanged federation technology. N'vrix is taken to the leader of the attackers who is a descendant of the leader of the old federation fleet. Now the captured crew of the Zealous must rescue N'vrix and stop the leader and his Tal Shiar allies before he exacts his own psychotic thaleron brand of justice on the Klingon homeworld...
ShatterJack

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:56 pm

Crime and Punishment.

THe Zealous is recalled to Earth, much to the joy of the human members of the crew as it has been a long time since seeing the homeworld of humanity. But once in orbit the ship is boarded and (add crew person) is taken away. When the crew asked to why s/he has been taken into custody, they find out the s/he is a spy working for the Romulan Empire. Now you'd think s/he would plead innocent but no, infact s/he admitts fully to the charages.
Is the crew person a trun coat, and if they are was it against there will? Can the crew find out the truth, before the ultimate punishment can be brought to bare?

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:19 pm

ShatterJack, what would the descendant of the Federation Fleet be doing allied with the Tal Shiar or Romulans? The Romulans, even during that era, were enemies of the Federation. It's unlikely that they would have forged an alliance.

Also, wouldn't the Klingons have attempted to inform them of the treaty which made the Klingons allies of the Federation?

It's an interesting idea. It just needs a bit of fine tuning, and I'm sure that you will turn it into a workable storyline.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:55 pm

Eye of the Strom.

The ship loses all power and is pulled int a ion storm. Before his Vaskel and his miracle workers rig up a electropmagnetic blanket by passing a small current through the hull of the ship to repel the worst of the storm. But its a big storm, like a hurricane from earth. But soon we realise that the ion storm is being powered by one of the galaxies most destructive forces.
A Black Hole.
And with the ship slowly slipping towards the Event Horizon there seems like there is little hope for the crew as the Maw draws them into the never ending darkness.
In one word this storyline sucks.

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:15 pm

Jake Sjet wrote: In one word this storyline sucks.

I love your ideas, Jake! I especially found the pun in the second proposed storyline rather halarious!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:18 pm

Fatal Error

The Zealous is transportting a respected scientist called Dr Flyt from his/her home world to the Daystrom facility when the ship is struck by an unknown energy wave. All the shipws computer system go crazy casuing the holo emitter to start showing thing that shouldn't be there. Main engineering turns into a swamp, sickbay turns into a room form the Tower of London and the bridge into the round table of Camalot. And all the time eveyr remaining monitor say:
"Dr Flyt, do your research, write the word, spread the gospel." suddenly holographic crewmember, the captain, Murdock and so on appear. They pretend to be their organic counterparts and tell others to follow them. Only death awaits these poor souls. The computer core is turned into a night mare collection of manipulator arms and mointors as lines of code and diagram fly past. The replicators all over the ship begin churning out small robtoic spider the size of your hand loaded with a cybernetic venom which will render the victim unconcious, awaiting collection to be brought to the main computer. We soon find out later that this computer virus believe's itself to be the devil or what ever the people it has "consumed" believed to be the evil deity of their religon.
Can the crew stop this computer virus with ideas of gradure before it breaks the security lock outs, and moves the ship into more populated area of space. Or is this the end for the Zealous?

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:35 pm

Oh! A mad scientist plot! LOL! That one definitely could have some interesting reprocussions on a few Starfleet careers! I like it!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby ShatterJack » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:40 pm

while testing a new type of drive system, the Zealous is shot backwards in time to the year 2050, mere weeks before the beginning of the Third World War. Captain Ja'arda tries to make sure that the timeline continues as it should. But if you knew that you had the knowledge to stop the deaths of half a billion people, how easy would it be for you to just look away?
ShatterJack

Postby Ti'ana » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:49 pm

what do yall mean i am the bug fodder? hmm? i HATE bugs. ::shiver::
XO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet Captain
Ti'ana
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:52 pm

Well, even in the future, bad B-movies can be made as entertainment. Here are a few which could be turned into holonovels for use on the Zealous holodeck:

The Mercury Roses
The Dance of Mercury
The Corpse of Mercury

The Venus Zombies
Torture from Venus
Lovers from Venus

The Mars Appetite
Men from Mars
Monsters from Mars

The Jupiter Convicts
The Power of Jupiter
Death from Jupiter

The Saturn Cannibal
The Saturn Cyborgs
Enemy Two from Saturn

Horror from Uranus
Guillotine from Uranus
Enemy from Uranus

The Neptune Dreams
The Storm of Neptune
The Attack of the Neptune Spirits

The Pluto Vampires
The Conquest of the Pluto Women
The Pluto Killer

The Death of The Future
Sherlock Holmes Destroys The Mummy
Killers from The End of Time
The Vengeance of Alien Gallows
The Outer Space City
The Cyborgs
The PsiLovers
Spirits from Time
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:04 pm

They Came From Fluidic Space!

Spaceball's Two- The Search For More Money (I think this is a real one)

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:33 pm

I like those titles, Jake! Anyone want to take a stab at creating a storyline to go with one of the names?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:52 am

Double Take

While on shore leave somewhere something rather strange happen's. First off Murdock goes mising from the planet and reappears on the Zealous, secondly the man we all know (and some of us hate) appear like he all ways does with a kick of his fingers and small gitar band, and thirdly we find out Murdock has a twin.
Reg Barcley! (Yes, this frwaked me out to)
The sudden shock of meeting with his Double blacks out Murdock into a flash back, I'll let Murdock sort that out as I have no idea what he'll come up with.
Either way, this will lead us into a moral cross roads where "Do we trust him?" or "Do we lock him up." this will give our new councilor, if we still have one at this point, something to do.

Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:07 am

Holodeck malfunctions tend to be rare, but what if it turns out that someone purposely sabotaged the system?

Would the crew on the holodeck be injured? Killed? Or would they be "captured" in a life or death struggle, in a dangerous program?

The act itself sparks off several questions:

Who sabotaged the holodeck?
Why would they do so?
If it was a Starfleet officer, why would they betray the Federation?
Who, if anyone specifically, is their target?

Can the Zealous crew learn the truth before the saboteur can strike again? And can they find a way to shut down the holodeck, saving their fellow crew members, before the program kills them?
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to USS Zealous