Zealous Crew Lounge

A PBEM sim taking place on a Prometheus Class vessel. The cutting edge in Federation technology with a good sized crew and a great deal of excitement.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby Jacob Verne » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:10 pm

taneth wrote:I'd say Galaxy class first, followed closely by the Romulan D'Deridex class warbird

I've got nothing to say about the warbird, I always liked those. But the Galay class has one large weakness, in my opinion. The neck like section. You know the section below the saucer but above the main part of the drive secion. I'm suprised no one ever thought to just shoot all thier weapons at this section. Everytime something hit it and caused a hull breach, you would have to devote more power to the Structual integrity field. Its probobly the most vulnerably part of the ship. Shoot at the saucer section and blow a hole in it, all you have to do is activate the forcefields and go on. But if someone ever did enough damage to the "neck" the ship would fly a part. Boy that was a lot of ranting wasn't it?
Commander Zane Dillard
USS Zealous

2003 Sethies:
Honorable Mention: XO of the Year
H. M. : Most Honorable SLA Member
H. M. : Sim of the Year (Zealous)
H. M. : Storline of the Year (Zealous)
Jacob Verne
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:19 pm

has ayone noticed that the NX Class of starship, with that famous warp five engine, is exaclt like an Akira Class cruiser that been ran over and fipped over? sort like interstaller road kill.

Ensign Jake Sjet
Son of Mars
Jake Sjet

Postby Jacob Verne » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:28 pm

Jake Sjet wrote:sort like interstaller road kill.

:lol: LOL, interstellar roadkill, I love it :lol:
Commander Zane Dillard
USS Zealous

2003 Sethies:
Jacob Verne
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Alastair » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

How's this for an introductory post: a vote in favour of the Defiant! Sleek, compact and somehow predatory... everything you want in a starship, surely?

Alastair S Morris
Alastair

Postby Jacob Verne » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:55 pm

The defiant class is very good, and I must say it is one of my favorite's. However, my heart still goes to the Prometheus.
Commander Zane Dillard
USS Zealous

2003 Sethies:
Jacob Verne
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Jake Sjet » Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:06 pm

The Defiant class is alright, but it got one problem...its a smal ship, its tiny, with a couple of over shot per shotters. The bigger the better, why do think Worf was about to ram it into that Borg Cube?
Also, down in Main Engineering on all Starfleet ship, is there a big red button marked Radom Explosion because very time the ships hit by something a console blows up, or theres a plasma leak.
On Generation the movie when that bottle of wine hit the under side of the Enterprise B, then the Warp Core must have gone critical!!
Jake Sjet

Postby Alastair » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:42 am

The button labelled Random Explosion (or Dramatic Explosion if you are nearing the end of the season) can also be found at the Tactical Station (particularly on Galaxy-class vessels) and at the Helm position (on every starship the Federation has ever built).

The Defiant might be small, but that's a lot of power crammed into a tiny space. It's so tough they even let Worf command it, and I suspect that he is not exactly careful with his toys... whoever heard of Klingon Accident Insurance?

Let's widen the discussion - what's your LEAST favourite ship?

Easy one, I think: the Nebula-class just looks like it's been scrunched up - and, for me, the Galaxy-class Enterprise always looked like it should have been a luxury passenger liner instead of the Federation flagship!
Alastair

Postby Taneth » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:04 am

Least favorite ship would have to be the Defiant class. So full of errors: the disappearing fifth deck, the torpedoes coming out the warp neicelles, the length being 2 metres shorter seen from the top than from the side, just to mention a few. And it definately doesn't look like a Starfleet ship.
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:52 am

Your alright you guys, the Defiant class and Galaxy all lok to unreal. The Akira class and Steamrunner, theres ships to be proud of not to mention the much loved Prometheus class vessel(s).
Also, how easy is t5he drivers course for a starship? Concollor Troy seems unable to drive anything with the words USS Enterprise and NCC 1701 D or E! In her first try at star ship driving she crashs into a planet! Second time out, they should have caught on to her by then, she crashs into a super charged Romulan warbird!
What is it! "Where the helm station? No thats tactical. Congratulations! You've passed the Starfleet Drivers Ed Course!"

Ensign Jake Sjet
Son of Mars
Jake Sjet

Postby Alastair » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:23 pm

Yeah, I've heard of the amazing disappearing reappearing deck five on the Defiant. Doesn't change the fact it's a tough-looking little thing. Come on, if you're on the bridge of a Klingon rustbucket, what frightens you more: some fragile-looking over-complicated cruiser-class, or a Defiant? After all, wasn't the motto of the vessel "USS Defiant: Nasty, Brutish and Short"?

Well no, it wasn't, but it should have been.

Is it a surprise that Troi can't pilot the ship? Quick question for all you Trek geeks with the DVD box sets: did Troi ever actually contribute anything to the Enterprise that couldn't have been done by someone else? "He's hiding something, Captain." No, really?

Oh, I'm in a ranty mood tonight!
Alastair

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:26 pm

In a TV interview over here in Britain she said she became a proper memeber of the crew after she came out fo her 'inter stellar cheer leader outfit' and went into that purple number they cloned very well for 7 of 9.
Jake Sjet

Postby Ens Jake Sjet » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:38 am

Okay, we've done ships and the useless concilor but what about badies?
Theres the Borg, the Romulans, Section 31..and so on and so forth blah blah blah!
See, this is what you all get for letting me sit infornt of a key board with a cup of strong coffee and enough sugar to create a weapon of massive destruction!
Okay, kidding about the last part but it would be funny to see a sugar coated photon torpedo!
Ens Jake Sjet

Postby Alastair » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:02 pm

Baddies... hmmm...

Well, my favourites would have to be the Borg, although the whole Dominion thing was handled very well, and I always had a soft spot for everyone's favourite fascist, Dukat. In terms of the "Run Away!" effect, I think a Borg cube wins, but in terms of a more subtle foe, it has to be Dukat.

Least favourite baddies is a more hotly-contested category. The Breen were fundamentally rubbish, and I never felt that the Maquis were any real threat to anyone. The Kazon could have been better, the Andorians could barely have been worse... I think it's a tie!
Last edited by Alastair on Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alastair

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:02 pm

Well, the way bad guys are going there won't be many left! With the Borg gone out of the picture, the Romulans begging for Starfleet help where does that leave them? With Tribbles perhaps?
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Jacob Verne » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:04 pm

Oh, now come on the Tribbles were most likly completly wipped out in the Great Klignon-Tribble war. But as for villians, I did always enjoy the Romulans and Cardassians. Probobly because of the Tal Shiar and the Obsidian Order. When you dealt with them you never had any idea of what to expect, you never had to look forward, but backwards, sideways, and up and down. By the same tolken I like the sectione 31 episodes, like I said before you never know what to expect.
Commander Zane Dillard
USS Zealous

2003 Sethies:
Jacob Verne
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Jacob Verne » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:05 pm

I just wanted to congratulate all of you. I just did a quick count and with this post we have reached 100 posts for the month of July, Good job all of you and keep up the good work.
Commander Zane Dillard
USS Zealous

2003 Sethies:
Jacob Verne
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:31 pm

I completely agree! Great job everyone! Keep it up! I can't wait until I can bring my character on board and interact with everyone!
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ensign Jake Sjet » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:56 am

Glad to have you onboard.
Ensign Jake Sjet

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:38 am

I'm not on board just yet . . . but as soon as my character escapes or gets rescued from the Ferengi Marauder along with Murdock, I will be. ;-)
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jacob Verne » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:32 pm

How about we start a discussion on favorite characters. They can be from any series or you could have one from each series. Heres mine

TOS-Sulu
TNG-Data
DS9-Bashir/Garak
VOY-Kim
ENT-Phlox
Commander Zane Dillard
USS Zealous

2003 Sethies:
Jacob Verne
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

My Fav characters

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:21 pm

Here are my favourite characters

TOS - Spok/Chekov
TNG - Data
DS9 - Worf
VOY - Tom/Harry/Doctor
ENT - Tucker

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:24 am

TOS-Sulu
TNG-Riker
DS9-Dax
VOY-Harry/Tom/Doctor(and if you've hearded of him Chell)
ENT-Tucker/Archer/the Cook

Mistakes

Postby Ens Jake Sjet » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:25 am

Anonymous wrote:TOS-Sulu
TNG-Riker
DS9-Dax
VOY-Harry/Tom/Doctor(and if you've hearded of him Chell)
ENT-Tucker/Archer/the Cook

This is mine by the way...
Ens Jake Sjet

Postby H M Murdock » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:16 pm

TOS - Scotty
TNG - Data
DS9 - O'Brien
VOY - Chakotay
ENT - Archer (hey, I couldn't resist with being a fan of his from another series)
Time is a fine storyteller, and history a fond student.
-- Hannibal, "The Big Squeeze"
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:18 pm

TOS - Spock
TNG - Troi
DS9 - Bashir
VOY - Kes
ENT - Tucker
Zania Jaarda
Speaker