¤ Spectrum ¤ DL: SD10208.22

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

¤ Spectrum ¤ DL: SD10208.22

Postby Warp » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:43 pm

=/\=
USS POTEMKIN
STARFLEET REGISTRY NCC-76927-C

D U T Y L O G
Stardate 10208.22

Fleet Captain "Warp" Mitchell

The Captain strolled onto the bridge wearing a hint of a smile on his face. No matter how many times he had tried to suppress it, the expression kept returning. Finally, he just gave it up and wore the slight smile as well as he could. Every time his mind flashed to Katie, his face would light up again, and he would calmly attempt to subdue the smile that would move in with intentions to conquer his face.

A few crewmembers on the bridge turned their heads when Warp entered the bridge. An excited young ensign exclaimed, "Captain on the bridge!"

Warp's smile again invaded the nerves controlling his facial muscles. "At ease, Ensign Marquez." He again commanded his argumentative expression to subdue itself. It partially complied. After a moment's hesitation in the turbolift alcove, the Captain decided it would be best to make himself scarce and allow his insubordinate smile time to depart. "I'll be in my ready room."

After ducking into the ready room, James Mitchell relinquished control of his countenance. Relived by the lack of need to police his expression, he set about his usual morning business of looking through reports and the like. After a few minutes of this, he heard the door chime. "Come in..."

The doors slid open, allowing beams of light to stream in from the bridge. Warp realized how dark it had been inside the ready room beforehand. A familiar silhouette was framed by the retreating set of doors, casting a long shadow on the carpeted floor.

It was Katie Kelson.

"Got something for you," she said with a hint of uneasiness in her voice. She slipped between the retracted doors and they quietly slid into place behind her, returning the room to relative darkness. She moved towards the desk.

"What is it?" Warp asked, sensing something in her tone and her posture.

She leaned forward and placed a padd onto his desk. "I know I shouldn't have, but I read it..." Katie trailed off as she pushed the small device along the wooden surface until it was directly in front of the Captain.

James nodded, "I see... What does it say?"

"Something about the investigation. They're sending an admiral, James."

An admiral? He frowned. "An admiral?"

Katie nodded quietly. "Yeah, an admiral... I know I shouldn't have read it, and I'm sorry, but..."

He cut her off. "It's alright. Just don't do it again, okay?" he responded with a soft smile. Perhaps he was being too lenient, as he has promised himself he wouldn't be, but he just let it slide.

"Okay," she said. She moved back from the desk, standing upright now, aside from slightly shifting her hips to rest more on the right leg than the left.

Warp doubted she even noticed she was shifting her own weight. A nervous habit, most likely.

After looking down for a moment, Katie returned her eyes to Warp's face. "Well, I have things to do... I'll see you later..." She took a step backwards before turning and walking for the door.

"Okay, see you later, Katie," he replied. After she had left the room, he again dropped any attempts to control his expression. This time, however, he was not projecting a smile. He looked down at the padd, glowing in the darkened room due to its backlit screen. He began to read.

¤ ¤ ¤

He finished it three minutes later, wearing a frown as he leaned over his desk. This is not good, he thought. This investigation looked like it was going to be deeper than he originally thought. Admiral Pine was coming aboard when they reached Earth Station McKinley, and Pine didn't have the reputation of being an easy-going man.

"The evidence will show that what we did was right," Warp thought aloud.

It was right, wasn't it?

End Log
Warp Out =/\=
Admiral James B. "Warp" Mitchell
Commanding Officer, USS Potemkin, NCC-76927-C
Warp Out =/\=
Warp
Engineer At Heart
Engineer At Heart

Return to USS Potemkin