Does it seem right?

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

Does it seem right?

Postby Kris » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Does It Seem Right?
Jayla Rollands, Brice Marcel

Though remaining on the bridge for the rest of her shift, Jayla really just wanted to get out of there and get back to her quarters. Things changed far more than any of them realized it was going too. There was a knot in her stomach about those that were there versus those who weren’t there. Friends she’d grown to love and care for were gone from existence. It just didn’t sit right.

Staring out into the blackness of space out her window, she didn’t even see the stars. All the stars were reminding her of those who were no longer there. Each star she looked at she came up with a name, and it hurt too much. So the blackness was there, acting as a void, a void that needed to be filled.

She felt a few tears slide slowly down her cheeks and she brushed them aside with the back of her hand. An attempt to keep her emotions at bay was failing, and she was beating herself up for it.

The sound of the door opening behind her made Jayla nearly jump out of her skin until she saw who it was on the other side of the door.

“Brice? What’re you doing here?”

An odd look crossed his face as he allowed the door to close behind him. “Computer, raise lighting to fifty percent.” The computer chirped and the lights raised to the brightness that Brice had mentioned before he came over to sit near her. “What do you mean what am I doing here? I thought that you…” He stopped himself and sighed. “Right, I heard that some things happened earlier today, though I don’t know the details. I’m sorry, Jayla. You invited me over for dinner tonight, but it looks like you’ve got other things on your mind. And here I was going to apologize for being late.”

He pulled his hand out from behind his back, which was holding some flowers. “And these were going to be part of my apology.” He went to hand them to her, only to notice she was looking back out the window again and pulled them back, setting them on the table. “Something you wanna talk about?”

All Jayla could do was shake her head. “I’m sorry, Brice. I’m just...not in the mood for really doing anything but sitting here right now. Maybe another night.” Her gaze never returned to him.

A frown crossed his face, but he simply nodded. “Alright. You know where to find me if you want to talk.” He stood up and made his way towards the door. “We do need to talk about certain details anyway when you’re up for it.”

As she heard the door open, Jayla looked over at him. “Brice, does everything around you seem...right?”

He stopped and turned to face her, a look of confusion on his face. “What do you mean ‘right’?”

“Never mind. Have a good night, Brice.” She heard the door close as she faced the window once more. If he didn’t know what was going on, things were going to get difficult. She didn’t even bother to think what details they had to discuss. All she wanted in that moment was for everything to be right again, for everything to be the way she knew it was supposed to be.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Return to USS Potemkin