Wouldn't Change It

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

Wouldn't Change It

Postby Kris » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Wouldn’t Change It
Jayla Rollands & Brice Marcel

Waking with a start, Jayla stared into the darkness of her quarters and sighed. She wasn’t exactly sure what woke her up, but it was going to take her a bit to fall back asleep. Sitting up in the bed, she slipped her robe and slippers on and walked out to the living area and looked out the window. The stars were flying by just like they normally did, but her mind was distracted. Everything lately had caused her to double think things before she acted on them.

They’d lost two weeks, then four days, the whole situation with Henry. It was all mind blowing. Remembering what happened during those times they’d lost and how she’d acted. She’d changed so much recently, for the better on most accounts. There were, however, a few actions she did question.

After replicating a cup of tea, Jayla returned to her window watching. It was still the middle of the night, and she knew she needed sleep before the next morning and her department meeting, and yet here she was, just staring at the stars and sipping tea. Not a moment later, she heard a sound coming from the bedroom and sighed. The one thing she’d hoped to avoid when she got up was this.

“Jayla,” came a voice from the room, “you alright?” A shadowy figure appeared in the doorway to the bedroom.

“Computer, lights to 20 percent.” The computer responded with the normal beeps and the lighting rose slowly to 20 percent of normal. “Brice, I didn’t mean to wake you, I’m sorry.”

Brice walked towards her slowly while slipping on his own robe. “It’s okay. You haven’t slept well the past few nights anyway. Do you need me to go back to my quarters for a while so you can sleep better?”

“We’ve been bouncing back and forth between our two quarters every couple days, doesn’t matter if we’re in separate rooms or not, I still tend to wake in the middle of the night.”

Jayla set her tea cup down on the table and gave a soft smile. “I’m alright, I promise. Just trying to…” She thought for a moment for an excuse to explain why she was awake, “figure out what all to talk about in my department meeting in the morning.” Okay, she wasn’t the greatest at telling a lie.

Coming over to her and wrapping his arms around her, Brice shook his head, “Something is bothering you, I think I know you well enough to tell that. What is it?”

Laying her head against his shoulder, she let out a long sigh. “Just recounting the last few weeks in my head. There’s a lot there.”

“And that is bothering you? Were there things that happened that...you wished hadn’t happened?”

“Now why would you think that?” She kissed his cheek and sat down on the couch. “There’s nothing I regret if that’s what you mean. Just all of it as a whole is a bit crazy. I’ll admit, there were some times I acted like I’d never act normally.”

Brice sat down next to her and smiled, “I have those same memories. We did act a bit...crazy, I’ll be the first to admit that. But if the feelings hadn’t been there, it wouldn’t have happened in the first place.” He allowed her to lay her head back against his shoulder again and kissed the top of her head. “Would you go back and change it if you could?”

She shook her head, “No, I wouldn’t. Perhaps would have handled it a bit different, but I wouldn’t change the outcome.”

“Neither would I, Jayla.” He laid his own head against her’s and sighed. “Neither would I.”
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Return to USS Potemkin