From This Moment On

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

From This Moment On

Postby Zac Kuhns » Thu May 22, 2014 7:59 pm

“I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.”

(Note: From the view of Natasha Grimm)

Natasha smoothed out her dress with her hands, making sure that everything fit as it was supposed to. Satisfied, she stopped by the bathroom mirror to double check her makeup. After a few touch-ups and some hair fixing, she found herself heading out the door.

The Sadie Hawkins Dance was today and (most likely) tonight, allowing a twist where the ladies of the Academy went and asked their potential dates to the event. Having been around for a while, it was quite popular with everybody at the Academy as a fun way to meet people and forget about studies for a while. Well dressed as usual, her date was waiting patiently for her outside as she made her way to him.

“Dobryj vecher' she smiled and gave him a hug 'good evening Alex.”

“Vy govorite na anglijskom yazyke?'
Alex chuckled “Moj russkij yazyk uzhasen.”

Natasha laughed as she took the arm he offered her “Your Russian isn't horrible Alex, you just need to work on it a bit. You look handsome by the way.”

He bent down to kiss her “You look beautiful as usual. Stunning dress, I thought that this wasn't supposed to be overly formal.”

She smirked “Says the man dressed in nothing short of a tuxedo.”

“Dress to impress darling, dress to impress. Not that you have any issues with that.”

As the two walked on, they found the sound of music getting louder and louder as they neared their destination. The dance was already packed with people of all sorts and the music was of equal variety. The two danced for quite some time, the sun starting to set on the San Francisco Bay and some had come while some had gone.

“Tasha, will you wait here for a minute, I'll be right back.”

Surprised a bit, she nodded “Of course, I'll be here.”

With a smile and a kiss, Alex took off in the opposite direction. Leaving her there waiting, she fended off a few advances from others while she did so. Suddenly, she heard her date's voice ringing out from on stage.

“Excuse me everybody, may I have your attention please? I have a brief announcement to make so, if Natasha Nikitina would make her way up here that would be great.”

She watched the whole crowd look towards Alex as the music stopped. Feeling every drop of blood in her body suddenly race to her cheeks as she made her way up to stand in front of everybody. Standing with Alex sheepishly, she was thoroughly embarrassed by the whole situation. Whether that was Alex's intention or not, she wasn't sure but it had done the job nonetheless.

“First off, I hope you're all having a good time.' Alex continued 'as for that announcement I've got, here it goes.”

Alex got down on a knee, Natasha felt her mouth suddenly go dry and her hands went to her mouth in shock. She had a gut feeling what was coming next and she was completely unprepared for it. The fact that it was in front of a crowd was making it even more pronounced. But she could see Alex's hands had been sweating a bit, showing he'd been more than a little nervous as well.

“Natasha Nikitina, would you do me the honor of being my wife?”

She felt herself start to sob immediately, unable to contain it any longer. Her voice failing her at the moment, she could simply nod her head enough for everybody to see. Finally managing to formulate sentences, she nodded again.

“Yes, I will” she stammered before starting to cry again. With a sudden leap into her new fiancee's arms, she gave him a kiss and hug to the sound of applause from the crowd. Slipping the ring on her finger, she was awed by how beautiful it was. She was brought out of her shock by Alex's voice

“I had help figuring out your ring size and such...you should say thanks to your roommate for me sometime. By the way, thanks for not saying no”

She chuckled and stood up, walking off the stage hand in hand with her future husband. As they both got back down to the dance floor, she was taken aback by the band's saying they were going to sing a song for the happy couple. As the band started to sing “Never Gonna Be Alone,” she leaned her head on his arm

“I take it this was your doing moya nevesta?

He simply wiped a tear from her cheek and nodded

“Sure was moye dorogoye, I was lucky they were very cooperative. Do you like the song?”

“I do, it's a beautiful song...you think it should be a song we play at our wedding?”

“Why not just have it be THE song at the wedding...our song?”

Tasha smiled “It's settled then. Oh, and Alex?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

He kissed her gently “I love you too golubushka.”

She chuckled “You have been working on your Russian haven't you?”

He smiled and simply nodded

“That's good, I'm sure you'll probably need it.”

“Why do you say that?”

As the song ended as she whispered something in his ear, causing him to **** an eyebrow...
Commander Zachary Kuhns - Executive Officer/Starbase 27
Lieutenant Alexander Kenward Grimm - Chief of Security/U.S.S Potemkin
Zac Kuhns
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Return to USS Potemkin