Sim Log:A Ferengi, Zakdorn and a Tellarite Walk Into A Bar

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

Sim Log:A Ferengi, Zakdorn and a Tellarite Walk Into A Bar

Postby Tavey » Sat May 03, 2014 9:54 am

[19:11:15] < CmdrArnet> ATTENTION ON DECK!
[19:11:18] < FstLtRayus> ::AA::
[19:11:19] < LtJgGrimm> ::AA::
[19:11:19] < LtCmdrRollands> ::AA::
[19:11:20] < LtCmdrMelina> ::AA::
[19:11:21] < LtJgRicker> ::AA::
[19:11:22] < LtBlackburn> ::AA::
[19:11:22] < DrCeja> ::AA::
[19:11:23] < FstLtAklar> ::AA::
[19:11:24] < LtJgKellen> ::AA::
[19:11:27] < CmdrRamus> ::AA::
[19:11:27] < Cmdr_Jordan> ::AA::
[19:11:31] < JessiTigress> ::AA::
[19:11:36] -!- SLApopcornman is now known as EnsLogan
[19:12:21] < SLAWarp> Hey everybody, and welcome to an extra-special episode of Star Trek: Potemkin!
[19:12:46] < SLAWarp> First off, thanks to the organizers of SciWorld for letting us join in the festivities this week. I hope you're all enjoying it thoroughly!
[19:13:07] < SLAWarp> And, to the Potemkin crew, be sure to stop by and participate in some of the other activities going on over the next few days. It's great fun!
[19:13:44] < SLAWarp> Second off, I hear there's been some horrid weather lately. I hope you've all managed to keep safe, dry, and warm!
[19:14:11] < SLAWarp> Third, and most importantly, tonight's plot is brought to you by...
[19:14:19] < SLAWarp> Commander Arnet! Or, as we like to call him, THE BLOODY DOCTOR!
[19:14:24] < SLAWarp> Arnet, take it away!
[19:14:32] < CmdrArnet> Thank you mon capitaine!
[19:14:47] < CmdrArnet> ::gets up:: Well, there are a few more people in the room than normal!
[19:14:56] < CmdrArnet> ::leans over to Warp:: Do I really have to do this in front of everyone?
[19:15:18] < SLAWarp> <q> I think it's a bit too late to turn back now, Arnet!
[19:15:27] -!- CharlesEStar [webchat@xertion-gcib9q.ga.comcast.net] has joined #SciWorld1
[19:15:27] < CmdrArnet> <q> Bloody! I didn't agree t this!
[19:15:35] < CmdrArnet> ::coughs:: Right then!
[19:15:53] < CmdrArnet> I hope you enjoy tonights plot!
[19:15:56] -!- CharlesGStar [webchat@xertion-gcib9q.ga.comcast.net] has joined #SciWorld1
[19:15:59] < CmdrArnet> Without further ado:
[19:16:14] < CmdrArnet> Tonight's Sim: "A Ferengi, Zakdorn and a Tellerite Walk Into a Bar..."
[19:16:37] < CmdrArnet> SD: 67409.7 (May 30th, 2390 at 1200 Hours)
[19:17:17] < CmdrArnet> Background: About a year ago it was revealed that Potemkin's XO, a Saurian named Ze, was actually an imposter
[19:17:52] -!- STF|FCaptSalmon [vegeta50024@xertion-ii7ult.eugn.qwest.net] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
[19:18:12] < CmdrArnet> Due some truly spectacular bureacratic machinations, the real Ze, who was supposed to be assigned to the 'Tem, was given fake orders to stay where he was. And this allowed someone to assume his identity aboard the Potemkin
[19:18:30] < CmdrArnet> The ruse was eventually found out, but too late. The fake Ze got away and the Potemkin has been chasing him ever since.
[19:19:06] < CmdrArnet> The only clue he gave was to Aklar, right before stunning him. And that was simply that Aklar would understand when he knew what "A Ferengi, Zakdorn and Tellarite walk into a bar" meant.
[19:19:27] < CmdrArnet> Could the Ferengi be Filik, the young Ferengi who tried to auction off the shuttle that Ze had fled in?
[19:19:30] -!- CharlesEStar [webchat@xertion-gcib9q.ga.comcast.net] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
[19:19:47] < CmdrArnet> Could the Zakdorn be Hiltakon, the arrogant Zakdorn detective who tried to help them track down Ze?
[19:19:54] < CmdrArnet> If so, who was the Tellarite?
[19:19:58] -!- CharlesGStar [webchat@xertion-gcib9q.ga.comcast.net] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
[19:20:17] < CmdrArnet> One person who decided to find an answer to that problem was Aklar. Catching Ze has come a bit of an obsession for him
[19:20:42] < CmdrArnet> So, a few days after our previous sim, Aklar took some leave to do some personal investigation. He was supposed to be gone a week.
[19:21:08] -!- FstLtAklar is now known as FstLtAklarMIA
[19:21:18] < CmdrArnet> It's now several days after when he was supposed to be gone. No one has heard from him. Naturally Warp is concerned about where his ACSO is.
[19:21:58] < CmdrArnet> So now the Potemkin is following up on his last whereabouts: The Tellarite colony of Por'Chou
[19:22:12] < CmdrArnet> Positions!
[19:23:01] < CmdrArnet> As the sim gets started, Warp, Jordan, Rollands and Ceja are meeting with the colony's governor to see where official channels can get them
[19:23:22] < CmdrArnet> The rest of the crew has been granted dispensation to search the colony and see if they can find hide or hair of their missing crewman
[19:23:52] < JessiTigress> <JaguaraTigress>
[19:24:10] < CmdrArnet> Those meeting with the governor, please use [ ] around your nicks, those searching the colony please use { }
[19:24:19] -!- You're now known as [AdmWarp]
[19:24:20] -!- LtCmdrRollands is now known as [LtCmdrRollands]
[19:24:24] -!- DrCeja is now known as [DrCeja]
[19:24:29] -!- LtCmdrMelina is now known as {LtCmdrMelina}
[19:24:29] < CmdrArnet> Questions, comments, concerns?
[19:24:30] -!- LtJgRicker is now known as {LtJgRicker}
[19:24:30] -!- LtJgGrimm is now known as {LtJgGrimm}
[19:24:34] -!- Cmdr_Jordan is now known as [Cmdr_Jordan]
[19:24:35] * CmdrRamus slaps [AdmWarp] around a bit with a large fishbot
[19:24:45] < {LtJgRicker}> Should the crew introduce ourselves real quick? and our position?
[19:24:51] < CmdrRamus> Oops....
[19:24:55] < CmdrArnet> Good idea, Mr. Ricker
[19:24:58] -!- LtJgKellen is now known as {LtJgKellen}
[19:25:00] < [AdmWarp]> Actually, we have a cheat sheet!
[19:25:00] -!- FstLtRayus is now known as {FstLtRayus}
[19:25:03] < [AdmWarp]> http://www.usspotemkin.com/roster/
[19:25:09] < CmdrArnet> And Warp saves the day!
[19:25:14] < [LtCmdrRollands]> Ah, the cheat sheet!
[19:25:20] < {LtJgRicker}> And thats why he is the Admiral
[19:25:32] < {LtJgRicker}> And I am but a lowly junior officer
[19:25:38] < CmdrArnet> For the record, let's say that Arnet is on the 'Tem holding down the fort - and conveniently not around for the evening
[19:25:38] -!- [DrCeja] is now known as will
[19:25:43] < [AdmWarp]> It was a good suggestion, Ricker!
[19:26:04] < CmdrArnet> With that ::looks to Warp:: Well, mon capitaine, I believe I am sort of, kind of ready
[19:26:07] -!- will is now known as [DrCeja]
[19:26:08] < [AdmWarp]> Alrighty. For the guests in the room, we're likely to run ... well, late.
[19:26:16] < [DrCeja]> ((Oops))
[19:26:26] < {LtJgRicker}> (( Nothing new))
[19:26:27] < [AdmWarp]> You're welcome to stick around until we end (likely around 0000 EDT).
[19:26:34] < CmdrArnet> ((Which is mostly Warp's fault, I might add!))
[19:26:44] < FstLtAklarMIA> ((Techincally it's my fault!))
[19:26:45] < [AdmWarp]> And if you want a sim log afterwards, drop me an email -- warp@usspotemkin.com.
[19:26:55] < {LtJgRicker}> (( Bad career move Arnet. Never blame the Admiral))
[19:27:04] < [AdmWarp]> With that, we'll get going!
[19:27:08] < [AdmWarp]> Arnet... PUNCH IT!
[19:27:11] < CmdrArnet> BEGIN THY SIMMING!
[19:27:36] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> WARP AND THOSE WITH HIM ARE USHERED INTO A LUSHLY DECORATED ANTECHAMBER TO AWAIT AUDIENCE WITH THE GOVERNOR
[19:27:50] < [DrCeja]> ::Walks into the room, looking around::
[19:27:56] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> THE REST OF THE CREW IS ON THE MUDDY STREETS OF THE COLONY - EMPHASIS ON THE MUDDY
[19:28:08] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Once again checks his phaser, never know when you are going to need it::
[19:28:09] < {LtJgKellen}> I'm an Engineer not a Search Engin...
[19:28:09] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Looks around the antechamber::
[19:28:13] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Moving around the colony with purpose, asking some seemingly random questions and searching some things he can get away with::
[19:28:20] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> THE COLONY IS BY NO MEANS A CITY OF MARBLE. DARK, WINDY PASSAGES BETWEEN BUILDINGS AND UNSAVORY CHARACTERS ALL AROUND
[19:28:33] -!- LtBlackburn is now known as {LtBlackburn}
[19:28:43] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Is walking around rather nonchalant, only half looking for Aklar :: I bet the guy just found himself a house of a house of ill repute, and shacked up for a few days too long.
[19:28:46] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::She raised a brow as she entered. Normally, there would be a mug of cocoa in her hand but it was missing. She was cranky because of it::
[19:28:46] -!- EnsLogan is now known as Logan
[19:28:50] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Walks around the colony, keeping very alert to anything that could happen:: He's got to be here somewhere
[19:29:09] < {LtBlackburn}> Im going to find a bar. Theres always good info at the local pub
[19:29:30] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Nods to Blackburn:: I'll go with you
[19:29:34] < {LtJgKellen}> ::looks down at the mud::
[19:29:42] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Notices a questionable substance on the wall of the alley he was in and makes a face:: Gross
[19:29:44] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> THE DOORS TO THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE SWINGS OPEN. A SERVANT BECKONS WARP AND HIS GROUP TO ENTER
[19:29:49] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::Softly to Rollands:: I wonder if they have coffee?
[19:30:11] < [AdmWarp]> ::Nods appreciatively, but formally, at the invitation::
[19:30:17] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Looks over at Mel and Blackburn :: I will tag along if you dont mind. This mud is quite muddy.
[19:30:18] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Raises an eyebrow to Jordan as they are beckoned:: <q> Is that you you look a bit...grumpy?
[19:30:19] < [DrCeja]> ::Sighs as she walks forward, hoping that there is some news::
[19:30:41] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Smiles at Rayus:: I certainly don't mind at all
[19:30:42] < {LtBlackburn}> Well then, I guess we are a party of three now eh?
[19:30:44] < [AdmWarp]> ::Speaks as he enters the room, before he can see who's there:: Thank you for seeing us.
[19:30:46] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Looking around for a form of local law enforcement seeking to get a semi-reliable source of information::
[19:30:56] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> <q> Combine with Aklar missing, yep. ::She looked over at Ceja when she heard the sigh::
[19:31:10] < {LtJgKellen}> ::looks to Luc:: So I'm stuck with him?
[19:31:11] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Catches Ceja's sigh and frowns::
[19:31:27] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> THE TELLARITE GOVERNOR, TAAL, GIVES A SOFT GRUNT "I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE TALLER, ADMIRAL"
[19:31:46] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> BLACKBURN, ET AL, FIND A SUITABLE BAR
[19:31:59] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Calls back to Drake:: You can always strike out on your own... Im sure a strapping Klingon like yourself will be ok with the thugs here
[19:32:02] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Smiles back at Mel ::
[19:32:06] < [AdmWarp]> ::Shrugs his shoulders imperceptibly:: I always hoped I'd make two meters.
[19:32:15] < {LtBlackburn}> Roughly translated, I believe this place is called the busted screw.
[19:32:43] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Rolls her eyes slightly:: You'd tend to think they'd come up with a better name for a bar
[19:32:51] < [AdmWarp]> ::Waits to be invited to sit, while sizing up the admittedly imposing-looking governor::
[19:33:04] < {FstLtRayus}> Yeah, like the rusty spoon. That would be a good name for a bar.
[19:33:04] < {LtJgKellen}> Nah, don't want to hurt anyone...
[19:33:06] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> I MUST ADMIT NOT BEING THAT FOND OF HAVING FEDERATION OFFICERS SNOOPING THROUGH MY COLONY, ADMIRAL
[19:33:15] < {LtBlackburn}> To each his own I say. Probably an inside joke with the owner.
[19:33:25] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Hesitates as he approaches a corner and makes it quickly to avoid attackers::
[19:33:27] < [DrCeja]> ::Stands quietly to one side, watching Taal::
[19:33:43] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> TAAL'S OFFICE IS JUST FLAT OUT RICHLY DECORATED. AND FULL OF ALL SORTS OF ARTIFACTS. THE MAN HAS A TASTE FOR ANTIQUITIES
[19:34:02] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Moves to catch up to Luc:: What are you afraid of?
[19:34:05] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Looks around :: Except for all the mud, this place kinda reminds me of home.
[19:34:13] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Looks around this room just as she did the other. The aritfacts collection was quite impressive, but that wasn't why they were there::
[19:34:28] < {LtJgRicker}> Dying for one....
[19:34:29] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks around inside the bar:: I hope someone brought some credits. I've got a feeling we're going to have to pay through the nose in order to get the information we need
[19:34:30] < {LtBlackburn}> Let's get a drink and find ourselves a good spot from which to observe the conversation.
[19:34:31] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::After a recieving some suspicious looks and no luck, finally decides to join the others at a bar::
[19:34:54] < {LtJgKellen}> But we have the fire power
[19:34:56] < [AdmWarp]> We're searching for a missing criminal, one who has caused us a particularly significant amount of trouble. I'm sure you can appreciate the need for us to uphold law and order.
[19:35:08] < {LtBlackburn}> I have a couple slips of Latinum.
[19:35:14] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::She was examining his impressive collection. She could spend a day in here cataloguing the items. She moved in closer along left wall for a better look.::
[19:35:34] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Chuckles :: I got more credits than I know what to do with. Not a thing you hear within the federation very often, but being rich has its perks.
[19:35:53] < {LtBlackburn}> :: pulls out a small pouch and hands a couple slips to Mel and Rayus::
[19:36:00] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> I DO, BUT AS I TOLD YOU OVER THE COMM, WE HAVE NO RECORD OF YOUR MISTER AKLAR. NOT WHAT HE WAS DOING HERE OR HOW HE LEFT, IF HE DID. THAT SEEMS ... SUSPICIOUS. AND I DON'T LIKE SUSPICIOUS
[19:36:27] < {LtBlackburn}> Dont use em unless you have to though, I worked hard for those.
[19:36:31] < [AdmWarp]> <<Did I say "criminal"? I meant "crewman." Freudian slip? ;)>>
[19:36:32] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Takes one of the slips from Blackburn:: Thanks. Kind of hard to carry credits with this suit sometimes
[19:36:42] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> THE BAR BLACKBURN AND THE REST FIND IS BUSY, BUT NOT PACKED. AND WHY IS THERE MUD EVERYWHERE??
[19:36:59] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> << lol..thought you were trying to throw him off the scent or something >>
[19:37:03] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Refuses Blackburn's money :: No thanks, I am good.
[19:37:13] < FstLtAklarMIA> ((Sure... I'm not around one time and look how you all talk about me!))
[19:37:16] < [DrCeja]> ::Remains quiet, and looks around the room::
[19:37:48] < [AdmWarp]> Nor do we, which is concerning to us, governor. ::Continues waiting for an invitation to sit:: We'd just like to look around and see if we can find any sign of him.
[19:37:52] < {LtBlackburn}> No problem Melina, I always take some Latinum into places like this.
[19:37:55] < {LtJgKellen}> ((Duh))
[19:37:59] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Frowns hearing Taal and stays off to the side::
[19:38:00] < [AdmWarp]> If we do, we'll be on our way. If we don't, we'll be on our way just the same.
[19:38:04] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::She nosed in on a rather noticeable antique, then gasped when she realized what it was. And that having it was considered a crime in many places::
[19:38:30] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> JORDAN ISN'T THE ONLY ONE TO NOTICE SOME OF THESE ARTIFACTS MAY NOT HAVE COME THROUGH REPUTABLE AUCTIONS...
[19:38:35] < {LtJgKellen}> ((Sorry that wasn't nice, was it?))
[19:38:56] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Walk up to the bar and then looks to Blackburn and Rayus:: What are you two going to order?
[19:39:13] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Is beginning to feel as if his quest was futile when he runs in to an information peddler in a back alley::
[19:39:14] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Raises an eyebrow as some of the artifacts catch her own eye and moves to them slowly::
[19:39:22] < {FstLtRayus}> :: To Mel :: Mead if they have it. And a slice of pie.
[19:39:22] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Arrives to a mud-filled bar, looking at the crowd that was gathered there and headed towards his fellows:: Any luck?
[19:39:25] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> I CAN'T STOP YOU, CAN I? WE ARE ALL FEDERATION CITIZENS HERE. BUT TELL ME YOU WON'T HAVE AN INTRUSTIVE PRESENCE IN MY COLONY
[19:39:48] < {LtBlackburn}> To avoid suspicion, Im getting a real drink. Not that I can't handle it, but I do have an inhibitor just in case.
[19:39:55] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> <q> ::she nudged Rollands:: This piece here is illegal to own unless you are historica society or museum.
[19:40:21] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Is nudged but had already noticed a few herself:: <q> Got some other ones over there as well.
[19:40:31] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Moves away from Luc and down t oa main street, looking for something to help in the search::
[19:40:33] < [DrCeja]> ::Steps over to stand beside Warp:: Once we have found him, I am sure that we'd be more happy to leave.
[19:40:37] < [AdmWarp]> ::Nods with a certain deliberate quality:: We'll try to keep the intrusion to a minimum, Governor.
[19:40:42] < {FstLtRayus}> :: To Blackburn :: Talking about avoiding suspicion makes you suspicious my friend.
[19:40:53] < {LtJgRicker}> :: To the Peddler:: Im looking for a trill...have you seen one around lately?
[19:41:04] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> GOOD. DO WE KNOW WHY YOUR MISTER AKLAR HAS FOUND MY SPOT OF GROUND TO DISAPPEAR ON?
[19:41:12] < {LtBlackburn}> ::to the bartender:: Hey barkeep! A black hole please!
[19:41:25] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> TRILL? WE DON'T GET MANY TRILL IN THIS PLACE
[19:41:45] < {LtJgRicker}> Then one would stand out then wouldnt he?
[19:41:46] -!- CmdrRamus [webchat@xertion-4qaogb.ph.cox.net] has quit [Quit: ]
[19:41:50] < [DrCeja]> ::Waits for Warp to answer::
[19:41:51] -!- FstLtAklarMIA is now known as Barkeep
[19:41:55] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Snickers at Blackburn :: What are you a child? Only a blackhole?
[19:42:04] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> ::NARROWS EYES:: YOU POLICE?
[19:42:13] < {LtBlackburn}> What do ya have then?
[19:42:13] -!- Dr_Kim_Eaton [webchat@xertion-r99nkr.mi.charter.com] has quit [Quit: Xertion Web IRC]
[19:42:19] < Barkeep> ::The portly Tellarite stood from behind the counter.:: What's in a black 'ole?
[19:42:23] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Hears Taal and then look at Warp::
[19:42:23] < [AdmWarp]> He's on the trail of a particularly vexatious former crewmember who may have passed this way.
[19:42:27] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> <q> Well, if this Taal gives us any issue, we do not need even a warrant to haul him into a brig.
[19:42:41] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Finds the Bar:: Interesting place for a bar...
[19:42:45] < {LtJgRicker}> Are you kidding, I know police officers that want to haul me away right now. I have my own problems with them. No Im not
[19:42:52] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> THERE ARE *TWO* STARFLEET OFFICERS CRAWLING AROUND MY COLONY?
[19:42:59] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Thinks about the drink she is going to order:: I'll go for a Rumchata . . . and make it a double
[19:43:02] < Barkeep> We got Saurian Brandy, Reman Ale and Tellarite ales. Also, lots of kanar. More kanar than 20 Caradassians could drink in 20 years.
[19:43:08] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> THIS TRILL OWES YOU MONEY THEN?
[19:43:10] < [LtCmdrRollands]> <q>Well he better hope he gives us no issues.
[19:43:21] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Looking at the assembled crew:: We're on duty people...alcohol's a no-go
[19:43:25] < [DrCeja]> Yes there are.
[19:43:41] < {LtBlackburn}> Reman Ale? Been a long time. Lets have some!
[19:43:51] < [AdmWarp]> No -- just one, possibly none. I use the term "crewmember" loosely. He was never... "officially affiliated."
[19:43:52] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> <q> ::she pointed to one piece:: That probably has a curse on it. ::With that, she turned to look at Taal, focusing her mind on him closely. Time to listen::
[19:43:52] < {FstLtRayus}> :: To the Barkeep :: Take a little bit of everything you just mentioned, throw it in a glass, and serve it to me.
[19:44:02] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Knows that the peddler would want a piece of the action if there is money involved:: No, just a person Im looking for. I have my reasons
[19:44:24] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Walks into the Bar...::
[19:44:25] < [DrCeja]> That is the actual technical truth. To be fair.
[19:44:32] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> ::GRUNTS:: MAYBE I DID HEAR ABOUT A TRILL PASSING THROUGH HERE A FEW DAYS AGO. HE WAS ASKING AFTER SOMEONE
[19:44:34] < Barkeep> ::The barkeep nodded to blackburn, before moving to a bottle and pouring a thick, viscous green liquid in a tumbler. He quickly turned around and placed it on the bar.::
[19:44:52] < [AdmWarp]> ::Shifts his weight to his left leg as his right one tires from the standing::
[19:44:52] < Barkeep> ::Instead of doing what Rayus asked, he just handed him a dusty bottle of kanar.::
[19:45:02] -!- MistyPhoenix [webchat@xertion-adp.nek.66.208.IP] has joined #SciWorld1
[19:45:06] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> ::GRUNTS:: SOUNDS LIKE STARFLEET SECURITY COULD USE SOME TIDYING UP
[19:45:18] < {LtJgRicker}> A man named Ze?
[19:45:18] < [AdmWarp]> ::Gives Ceja an "apologies for contradicting you" glance::
[19:45:20] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Shrugs :: Thanks friend.
[19:45:24] < Barkeep> That'll be 5 credits. We take any currency, but none of them Andorian bits.
[19:45:34] < {LtBlackburn}> Down the hatch! ::slugs back the rather strong liquid::
[19:45:48] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> ZE? ::SHAKES HEAD:: NEVER HEARD OF HIM. NO, NO. HE WAS ASKING ABOUT THE GUY WHO OWNS THE BACKROOM TO THIS PLACE.
[19:45:49] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Slaps ten credits down on the bar :: Keep the change.
[19:45:53] < [DrCeja]> ::Nods slightly to Warp, in an it's OK gesture.::
[19:46:09] < {LtBlackburn}> How about a slip of latinum for the two barkeep?
[19:46:11] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Looks more at the artifacts while still listening::
[19:46:17] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Raises an eyebrow:: Oh yeah? What did he want to know?
[19:46:22] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> ADMIRAL, YOU MAY SIT IF YOU WANT. NO NEED TO MAKE SUCH AN OBVIOUS GESTURE.
[19:46:39] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks around not knowing if the place was trust worthy::
[19:46:42] < Barkeep> ::His porcine features screwed up in confusion.:: Ain't no one leaving a 100% tip for a bottle of kanar. ::He looked at the lot of them, though he still made Melina's rumchata.::
[19:46:50] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> CAN I GET YOUR CREW SOMETHING? I'M SURE WE CAN FIND A DRINK APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR SOFT HUMAN THROATS.
[19:47:14] < [AdmWarp]> Thank you, but I think our business here is about concluded. ::Glances to the others::
[19:47:22] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> JUST INFORMATION. I'M NOT SURE WHY HE WANTED TO KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THAT FERENGI SCUM, BUT HE DID
[19:47:22] < Barkeep> ::He depoisted the double Rumchata infront of Melina.:: No charge for you. Don't get many ladies in here.
[19:47:23] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Nods to Warp in agreement::
[19:47:54] < {FstLtRayus}> No one leaves big tips on this planet?
[19:47:58] < {LtJgRicker}> Tell me about this scum then...maybe I can help you with that question
[19:48:03] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Sighs at everybody getting their drinks, getting up and heading outside::
[19:48:05] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Quirks her head curiously:: Are you sure? I wouldn't mind paying for it
[19:48:20] < {LtBlackburn}> I'll part with another slip if you tell me anything useful about a Trill named Aklar.
[19:48:23] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> :she nodded, but really wanted a coffee::
[19:48:48] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> HE'S A FERENGI. DOES ALL HIS BUSINESS THROUGH HERE. GAMBLING, SELLING. HIS NAME IS FILIK. BIG, UPCOMING NAME IN THE FERENGI CIRCLES
[19:49:11] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Scoffs at Blackburn :: Wow, nice subtlety there.
[19:49:11] -!- AdmiralWakeland [webchat@xertion-f4d9gn.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
[19:49:25] < Barkeep> ::He shook his head at Melina, puncuating it with a wink. He picked up a towel and wiped down the bar, pocketing Rayu's credits.:: It's a working class colony here. Maybe a credit every so often, but not 5 credits.
[19:49:34] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Remembers the name from the mission files he had gone through before beaming down:: Hmm...Did the trill want to know anything unusual?
[19:49:46] < {LtBlackburn}> This is the Bar keeper Rayus, not much need for subtlety here.
[19:50:00] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> JUST WHO FILIK MEETS WHILE HE'S HERE. HOW OFTEN HE COMES AND GOES.
[19:50:00] < Barkeep> ::He turned to Blackburn.:: Slips and questions now? ::He paused his wiping.:: You're too clean to be police. Starfleet, then?
[19:50:15] < Barkeep> Aklar? ::He seemed to really be thinking.::
[19:50:15] -!- MistyPhoenix [webchat@xertion-adp.nek.66.208.IP] has quit [Quit: Xertion Web IRC]
[19:50:17] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> FOR THE RIGHT ... INDUCEMENT ... I CAN DIRECT YOU TO FILIK HIMSELF
[19:50:42] -!- MistyPhoenix [webchat@xertion-adp.nek.66.208.IP] has joined #SciWorld1
[19:50:52] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Looks over at Kellen :: Are you not gonna drink something? We wont tell, were all drinking on the job here.
[19:51:06] < Barkeep> Trill? Don't get many Trill here. Aklar? Though. ::He shook his head.::
[19:51:16] < {LtBlackburn}> More like a well payed mercenary. Im looking for a missing man, and the local pub is near always the best place to start.
[19:51:19] < [AdmWarp]> ::Shifts his weight again:: If there's nothing else, Governor Taal?
[19:51:25] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Thinks about it for a moment then shakes his head:: No, not a person I want to tangle with right now. Did the Trill meet with him?
[19:51:27] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks over:: I doubt that this place has what i like...
[19:51:35] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> LEAVING ALREADY? I HOPE YOU ARE NOT BEING RUDE ADMIRAL. THAT WOULD MAKE ME ACTUALLY START TO LIKE YOU
[19:51:54] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Drains the water in her helmet and takes it off. She then starts drinking her beverage::
[19:51:56] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Perks up, seeing a chance to torment his friend :: Ah, so your just too much of a coward to try something new?
[19:52:12] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> NOT THAT I KNOW OF. BUT FILIK WASN'T ON WORLD WHEN THE TRILL CAME ASKING. HE IS NOW, THOUGH
[19:52:23] < {LtBlackburn}> Anything you might remember or know could help.
[19:52:36] < {LtJgKellen}> I remember how that went down in the lounge...
[19:52:37] < Barkeep> ::He turned to Kellen.:: What can I get a strapping lad like you? A Ferengi Slug cola? A Shirely Temple?
[19:52:43] < {LtJgRicker}> Did the Trill ask where Filik was?
[19:53:11] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks to the Barkeep:: Blood Wine.
[19:53:14] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> ALL THE TIME. BUT LIKE I SAID, FILIK WASN'T ON WORD WHEN THE TRILL WAS ASKING.
[19:53:15] < [AdmWarp]> Far be it for me to put you in such a dangerous position, Governor. ::Shoots him a flicker of a smirk:: We'll be out of your -- hair -- as soon as we can. Thank you.
[19:53:18] < Barkeep> ::Getting serious though.:: Well, whatever you guys are looking for with this Trill, there might be someone who can help.
[19:53:36] < [DrCeja]> ::Turns to leave the room, walking slowly in case Warp changes his mind.::
[19:53:45] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Whispers in Blackburns ear :: If it comes down to money, dont worry about it. I got your back.
[19:53:48] < {LtJgRicker}> Do you know where Filik was?
[19:53:50] < {LtBlackburn}> Mind pointing us in this persons direction then?
[19:53:51] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Was going to say something, but Warp started speaking first::
[19:53:53] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::she started moving towards the door:: <s> We'll find him Ceja.
[19:53:56] < CmdrArnet> TAAL> I WISH YOU THE BEST IN FINDING YOUR CREWMAN
[19:54:13] < {LtBlackburn}> <w back to Rayus> No worries, i have plenty of Latinum.
[19:54:16] < [AdmWarp]> Thank you -- I hope to find both.
[19:54:18] < Barkeep> There's an annoying little Ferengi comes here every so often. Filth? Filik? He's got a shop cross the way a bit.
[19:54:26] < [DrCeja]> ::To Jordan::<w> I have no doubt we will. And I'm sure he's having a great time.
[19:54:31] < [AdmWarp]> ::Exits the room last, staying in character until they're well clear of the office::
[19:54:36] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> WAS? HE'S STILL HERE
[19:54:38] < {LtBlackburn}> Filik? Is here?
[19:54:49] < {LtBlackburn}> Fascinating...
[19:54:51] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> If he's having a great time, he will not enjoy your baking sheet to his cranium.
[19:54:54] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Starts to wander again, stopping as he sees Ricker, sort of eavesdropping a bit from a distance::
[19:54:56] < {LtJgRicker}> You said he was off world when the Trill was asking...
[19:55:07] < {FstLtRayus}> :: To The Barkeep :: Can you give us directions?
[19:55:09] -!- MistyPhoenix [webchat@xertion-adp.nek.66.208.IP] has quit [Quit: Xertion Web IRC]
[19:55:14] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> AS WARP AND COMPANY ARE EXITING INTO THE ANTECHAMBER, THEY FIND THEMSELVES NEARLY RUNNING INTO THE IMPOSING FIGURE OF A ZAKDORN ... WHO THEY RECOGNIZE! IT'S HILTAKON!
[19:55:14] < [DrCeja]> ::Walks out of the room and relaxes once they are clear.::
[19:55:16] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Follows the others out of the room, making sure to keep the artifacts in mind::
[19:55:27] < Barkeep> And now that you come to mention it. There was a Trill in here asking about the Ferengi.
[19:55:43] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> AND THE TRILL IS NOT HERE ASKING NOW. FILIK GOT IN A COUPLE DAYS AGO
[19:55:43] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> I'll be damned....
[19:55:49] < [DrCeja]> ::Stops:: Hello Hiltakon.. what are you doing here?
[19:55:52] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Does a doubletake on the Zakdorn:: My thoughts exactly, Jordan.
[19:55:55] < Barkeep> Directions? ::He paused, wiping the counter again.:: That's probably something you'd have to pay a local for.
[19:56:06] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> BY THE GREAT BIRD OF THE GALAXY! HAS THE UNIVERSE ORDAINED THAT THIS MEETING IS TO BE?
[19:56:11] < Barkeep> ::He turned to kellen.:: Son, you don't look old enough for the Blood Wine we've got here.
[19:56:15] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Getting a little short:: Where from?
[19:56:23] < {LtBlackburn}> ::on a whim:: Does the name Ze have any meaning to you?
[19:56:28] < [DrCeja]> ::Narrows eyes:: I suppose so.
[19:56:39] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLER> I DON'T KNOW WHERE FROM! ALL I KNOW IS HE OWNS A SHOP ACROSS THE STREET.
[19:56:46] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Sees Hiltakon and gives a sigh of disgust::
[19:56:46] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Listens to the others try to get information from the bartender as she sips more of her drink, savoring the sweet flavor::
[19:56:47] < [AdmWarp]> ::Blinks:: Somehow I doubt that, Mister Hiltakon. Dare I ask what led you here?
[19:56:58] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Backing off:: Ok. Do you know where the Trill went?
[19:57:06] < Barkeep> ::He turned back to Blackburn, he said Ze a few times aloud, trying it out.:: No... I can't say...
[19:57:09] < [DrCeja]> ::To Jordan:: <w> I haven't decided about the baking tray yet.
[19:57:11] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> DON'T KNOW, DON'T CARE.
[19:57:33] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Finally opens his bottle of Kanar, and guzzles the syrupy liquid ::
[19:57:35] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Placing his hand on his holster:: I bet you do know... I have....Inducement
[19:57:37] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::to Ceja:: <w> upgrade to the cast iron. He won't dent that one.
[19:57:48] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks back to the Barkeep:: I'm over the Klingon, and the Federation Drinking ages.
[19:57:51] -!- Logan is now known as SLApopcornman
[19:57:53] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> ::FULL OF IMPORT:: WHEN YOU HAVE SUCH A CLIENT LIST OF MYSELF, YOU MUST MAKE VISITATIONS ACROSS THE KNOWN REACHES OF SPACE, ADMIRAL!
[19:58:00] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Walks up to Ricker:: How goes the search?
[19:58:02] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Raises an eyebrow at Hiltakon::
[19:58:05] < Barkeep> ::He eyed Rayus.:: Brave man, drinking kanar. They say the Fish guts give it a very particular taste.
[19:58:12] < {LtBlackburn}> Hmmm... If we are on A tellerite world, and there is A ferengi here, and we are in a bar, does that mean that A ferengi, a tellerite and a Zakdorn are about to walk in here?
[19:58:21] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> FINE, FINE, HAND IT OVER.
[19:58:26] -!- AdmiralWakeland [webchat@xertion-f4d9gn.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net] has joined #SciWorld1
[19:58:27] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Shoots fire through his eyes at Grimm:: I'll tell you later...
[19:58:38] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::She giggled, then looked at Warp:: That was about 80% true coming from him.
[19:58:45] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks to Blackburn:: You might be onto something
[19:58:56] < [AdmWarp]> ::Narrows his eyes, just as Ceja did:: And your current client wouldn't happen to be anyone we'd know, would it?
[19:59:00] < Barkeep> ::He smirked at Kellen.:: All in good fun. ::As if from nowhere, he produced a mug of blood wine for kellen.:: On the house, as it's the dregs of a 2460 vintage that's been decanted too long.
[19:59:04] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Nods to the barkeep :: It tastes awful, but its that good kind of awful.
[19:59:14] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Unclips his holster:: Im sure your continued existence as a free man is inducement enough. With enough searching Im sure we can come up with some charges to levy against you.
[19:59:20] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> SURELY YOU DON'T EXPECT MY POWERS OF DEDUCTION TO BE THAT LIMITED, WOULD YOU! YOU HAVE JUST LEFT HIS OFFICE, ADMIRAL!
[19:59:24] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Smirks slightly:: Alright, I'll leave you to your entertainment then
[19:59:41] < [DrCeja]> Well, obviously..::sounding utterly bored:: But why..
[19:59:49] < Barkeep> That little Ferengi ain't welcome in this bar, so he's not walking in here with a Zakdorn.
[19:59:54] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> ::SCOFFS:: HONESTLY, I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE TRILL IS. I JUST WANTED TO GET SOME FREE MONEY FROM YOU.
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Sim Log:A Ferengi, Zakdorn and a Tellarite Walk Into A B

Postby Tavey » Sat May 03, 2014 9:56 am

[20:00:00] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Shakes her head:: Not surprising.
[20:00:20] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Takes it:: 2460?
[20:00:22] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> ::TO CEJA:: NEED I A REASON? TAAL AND I ARE OLD ACQUANTAINCES
[20:00:32] < {LtBlackburn}> ::touching the communicator he had behind his ear:: +Jay to Luc+.
[20:00:44] < Barkeep> A very boring year for the Klingons, so the blood content is pretty low.
[20:00:45] < {LtJgRicker}> Then I'll take you up on your offer to bring me to Filik. Im sure we wont need to negotiate about that either.
[20:00:46] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> What little illegal trinket did you bring back this time and from what world? :her lack of coffee was really making her cranky and blunt::
[20:00:59] < [DrCeja]> Really? Don't suppose you know a Ferengi called Filik do you?
[20:01:07] < {FstLtRayus}> :: To the Barkeep :: What else do you have behind that bar, thats weird or unusual?
[20:01:07] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> BUT IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF THE TRILL FOUND THE FERENGI, ASK THE FERENGI. HE'S JUST DOWN THE STREET. LOOK FOR THE CHEAPEST BUILDING
[20:01:09] < {LtJgKellen}> It's 2390 though..
[20:01:14] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Hears the chatter of his covert communicator but ignores it for the situation::
[20:01:32] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Wanders off on his own again, leaving Ricker to his questioning::
[20:01:32] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> ::AS IF INSULTED BY CEJA'S SUGGESTION:: CONSORT WITH FERENGI? MOI? PERISH THE THOUGHT!
[20:01:33] < {LtJgRicker}> You offered to bring me to him...straight to him.
[20:01:49] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::deadpan:: That's a lie.
[20:02:01] < [AdmWarp]> Consort with, no. Do business with? Yes.
[20:02:03] < Barkeep> Just what I've said. ::He pointed out the door.:: The Ferengi's about three blocks down the way, look for the gaudiest building.
[20:02:04] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> I BEG YOUR PARDON?
[20:02:04] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Nods to Jordan:: I agree with her completely.
[20:02:29] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::points to self:: lie detector and missing my coffee quotient. I'm not in a mood. You know the ferengi.
[20:02:34] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Sighs :: Ok, then give me another bottle of Kanar for the road.
[20:02:59] < Barkeep> ::He nodded, passing the Kanar to Rayus.:: Two for one special. ::He nodded.:: At this point you're doing me a favor by taking it.
[20:03:03] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> I DON'T HAVE TO STAND HERE AND ACCEPT THIS!
[20:03:22] < {LtBlackburn}> Thanks Barkeep. Ill take that bottle of ale as well. And here, we appreciate your help. ::lays two slips of Gold Pressed Latinum on the bar::
[20:03:24] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> Would you like a chair?
[20:03:34] < [LtCmdrRollands]> So you won't admit to any dealings with Ferengi at all?
[20:03:50] < {LtBlackburn}> Dang good Ale it was after all.
[20:03:58] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> ::BLUSTERS:: I...I ... I DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER
[20:03:59] < Barkeep> ::He snapped up the latinum.:: Thank you, sir. ::He poured out another ale for Blackburn.:: Try not to get too drunk. That Ferengi's got the gift of gab.
[20:04:01] < [DrCeja]> But I didn't ask that. I asked if you knew him. You're evading the question?
[20:04:22] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> AND WHAT BUSINESS OF YOURS IS IT IF I HAPPEN TO KNOW THIS FERENGI?
[20:04:23] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Takes a half a step toward the Creep:: You care to hold up your side of the bargain...I promise I'll hold up mine...
[20:04:40] < {LtBlackburn}> ::grabs the bottle:: Have a good one. ::to the others:: Shall we?
[20:04:42] < Barkeep> ::The barkeep, his slips in hand, moved to the bar back.::
[20:04:45] < [AdmWarp]> Surely you can appreciate a process of deduction, Mister Hiltakon.
[20:04:45] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> I ONLY AGREED TO TELL YOU WHERE HE WAS. AND I HAVE.
[20:04:45] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Takes the bottle and nods walking towards the door :: Lets go talk to this ferengi.
[20:04:50] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks at the Blood Wine, than takes a drink::
[20:04:56] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Finishes her drink and then puts her helmet back on, taking care to fill it again with water:: Right after you
[20:04:59] < [LtCmdrRollands]> Becaues it might help us find a someone we are missing.
[20:04:59] -!- Barkeep is now known as FstLtAklarMIA
[20:05:09] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> SOMEWHERE OUT THERE, AKLAR SUDDENLY WAKES UP
[20:05:32] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> IT'S DARK WHERE HE IS. AND COLD. AND DAMP. HE'S LEANING AGAINST A STONE WALL. A CAVE?
[20:05:41] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> AND HE'S BOUND HAND AND FOOT
[20:05:50] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Doesnt back off:: Can you get me through his bodyguards?
[20:06:02] < {LtBlackburn}> ::walks out of the bar and swings his leather jacket back on:: Now, lets find Filik.
[20:06:04] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::Aklar wakes up, jarred awake more than woken up. He felt cold and wet and he wasn't so much laying down as leaning against a wall.::
[20:06:05] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Smiles and looks over at Kellen :: Come one Kellen, we are gonna go interogate a Ferengi, your favorite kind of people.
[20:06:05] -!- JessiTigress [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has quit [Connection closed]
[20:06:12] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> THERE'S NOT A POLICE FORCE ON THIS PLANET BIG ENOUGH FOR THAT
[20:06:24] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He went to move but found himself bound.::
[20:06:27] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> MISSING? ::LOOKS BETWEEN THEM:: COULD YOU USE MY SERVICES?
[20:06:35] -!- JessiTigress [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has joined #SciWorld1
[20:06:36] < {LtJgRicker}> What do I need to see Filik personally then?
[20:06:37] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Gets up:: I'm still not over that Q turning me into one...
[20:06:45] < [DrCeja]> After the last time?
[20:06:47] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> A FAMILIAR VOICE CALLS OUT TO AKLAR. "IT'S NO USE. MIGHT AS WELL NOT STRUGGLE"
[20:06:48] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Walks back to the group getting out of the bar, alcohol smell and all:: Enjoy yourselves did you?
[20:06:51] < [DrCeja]> ::Sounds scornful::
[20:07:10] < CmdrArnet> HILTAKON> I FOUND HIS CAMP! WHEN YOUR CREW HAD SPENT THE LAST YEAR SCRATCHING YOUR HEADS!
[20:07:17] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> MONEY
[20:07:21] < {FstLtRayus}> :: To Grimm :: Immensely, want some Kanar? The fish guts give it a unique taste.
[20:07:26] < {LtJgRicker}> How much?
[20:07:31] < {LtBlackburn}> Wasn't a Q Kellen, that was Green. And I liked her!
[20:07:41] < CmdrArnet> ACTION> OUT OF THE SHADOWS STEPS A SAURIAN FIGURE - ZE IS STANDING IN FRONT OF AKLAR!
[20:07:48] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Slightly annoyed with them drinking on the job:: You do realize that we're here on business and not pleasure right?
[20:07:52] < {LtJgKellen}> Might as well have been one...
[20:08:00] < [LtCmdrRollands]> But it didn't exactly get us anywhere, did it? ::Is starting to pick up on Jordan's crankiness::
[20:08:09] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Back at Grimm :: Your point?
[20:08:11] < [DrCeja]> ::Shakes her head, and turns away, not wanting to lose her temper::
[20:08:11] < CmdrArnet> PEDDLAR> HE'S A FERENGI. THE MORE THE BETTER.
[20:08:15] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He didn't say something as cliche as "Ze!" of "You!":: Oh great.
[20:08:27] < {LtBlackburn}> Hey, she was decent unlike Q.
[20:08:35] -!- CmdrArnet is now known as Ze
[20:08:35] < {LtJgGrimm}> Alcohol isn't allowed on duty...plus it's unprofessional
[20:08:45] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Thinks...:: Still want to know what Captain Tribble Soup tastes like...
[20:09:00] < Ze> You've been busy, Lieutenant. Although I admit I thought you would have gotten here a couple months ago
[20:09:04] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::wishes she was in the pub with the other group. Coffee is found in pubs. Or, she wished she could smack this guy. But alas..wishes and all that...::
[20:09:04] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Smiles :: Maybe by your standards. :: Points to Mel :: But the commander here said we could.
[20:09:18] < FstLtAklarMIA> We've been busy. You're not the biggest fire we have to put out, y'know.
[20:09:26] < {LtBlackburn}> I also am not in uniform Grimm. ::motioning to his black pants and brown leather jacket::
[20:09:29] < {LtJgRicker}> I know just the place then...You sure its the really extravagant building I want? :: it was a test::
[20:09:34] < Ze> HILTAKON> ADMIRAL, YOU JUST LET THEM TALK LIKE THIS TO EVERYONE?
[20:09:44] < Ze> PEDDLAR> THE CHEAPEST ONE!
[20:09:58] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Rayus looks at himself, totally still in uniform ::
[20:10:02] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Looks to Blackburn:: You're still on business ::Shakes his head like he just scolded a child that he didn't have::
[20:10:02] < {LtJgRicker}> And you are positive of that?
[20:10:11] < Ze> Oh, of that I have no doubt. ::lips flare in a Saurian smile:: I guess you really can't calculate every variable.
[20:10:22] < {LtJgGrimm}> Did you learn anything that you can remember?
[20:10:27] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks to Grimm:: Although alcohol on the job isn't normally permitted, I don't believe the Admiral woud have issues if we were consuming it in the line of duty in order to get information on Commander Aklar's whereabouts
[20:10:30] < Ze> PEDDLAR> DO TELLARITES BATHE IN MUD?
[20:10:33] < FstLtAklarMIA> If you're just going to stand there and gloat, you might as shoot me again and spare me.
[20:10:33] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks down:: That doesn't stop me on ship...
[20:10:40] < {LtBlackburn}> Im staying under cover more like Grimm. Not the first time Ive done this kind of thing.
[20:10:44] -!- JessiTigress [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has quit [Connection closed]
[20:10:56] < {LtJgRicker}> Alright, scram before I decide to arrest you on general purposes.
[20:10:59] < Ze> ::confused:: Why would I shoot you? After I went through all the trouble of getting you here
[20:11:08] < Ze> ACTION> THE PEDDLAR SCURRIES OFF
[20:11:13] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He arched a brow.:: What?
[20:11:19] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Smiles :: Besides, I am sure we all have a high tolerance to alcohol by now.
[20:11:23] < [AdmWarp]> ::Chuckles slightly when no one else retorts:: You've managed to rub a few people the wrong way, I must admit.
[20:11:32] -!- JessiTigress__ [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has joined #SciWorld1
[20:11:36] < Ze> ::sighs:: Lieutenant, if I wanted to disappear without a trace, do you really think I would leave a clue on how to find me?
[20:11:36] < {LtJgGrimm}> It's bad for you...now what did you find out?
[20:11:44] < {LtBlackburn}> ::chuckles:: Indeed. Plus I have an inhibitor, just in case.
[20:11:55] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks to Rayus:: I don't think the Blue Stuff is a good idea to bring up, is it?
[20:11:56] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Had looked over at Warp before he spoke and then nodds to Hiltakon:: What he said.
[20:11:58] < {LtJgGrimm}> And remember, just because you can doesn't mean you should
[20:12:07] < [AdmWarp]> They were on their best behavior for the governor, if that's any consolation.
[20:12:10] < Ze> HILTAKON> AND HERE I HAD SUMMONED THE LARGESSE TO HELP YOU IN YOUR SEARCH, DESPITE THE ILL HANDLING I RECEIVED FROM YOUR CREW THE LAST TIME AROUND!
[20:12:21] < FstLtAklarMIA> I only partially assumed that the clue was meant to mislead us into giving you more time.
[20:12:25] -!- JessiTigress_ [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has joined #SciWorld1
[20:12:41] < {LtJgKellen}> (Isn't*)
[20:12:43] < FstLtAklarMIA> Now, I admit, I also assumed you were some Holodeck villain who felt the need to leave clues about your crimes behind.
[20:12:55] < {FstLtRayus}> :: To Kellen :: That stuff made my mouth go numb, the first time I ever had it. But in a good way.
[20:13:21] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> <w> This guy talks too much
[20:13:27] < Ze> That is slightly insulting. Have you learned nothing that I tried to teach you. Remember to always ask yourself what the end game is.
[20:13:32] < [LtCmdrRollands]> <w> Didn't he do that last time too?
[20:13:36] < Ze> Logistics versus tactics
[20:13:38] < [DrCeja]> ::Turns around and walks back:: Look. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude.
[20:13:43] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ::she nodded::
[20:13:49] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Makes way for the indicated building:: +Rayus+ Ricker to Rayus. You there moneybags?
[20:14:01] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks to the others:: Either way, I believe that we have a Ferengi to find
[20:14:03] -!- JessiTigress_ [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has quit [Connection closed]
[20:14:05] < [AdmWarp]> And we appreciate that, Mister Hiltakon. I think we're well on our way this time, so we won't monopolize your time any more than we already have.
[20:14:10] < [AdmWarp]> I believe we are keeping you from your friend!
[20:14:17] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He sighed.:: And I thought I liked you, Ze.
[20:14:18] < {FstLtRayus}> +Ricker+ Yes, Luc. You can buy any puppie you want.
[20:14:20] < Ze> HILTAKON>::REGARDS CEJA:: THANK YOU, FOR THAT LITTLE CONCESSION
[20:14:25] < FstLtAklarMIA> Well, I say, Ze but that's not your name.
[20:14:39] < FstLtAklarMIA> Unless
[20:14:42] < Ze> Ze is good enough for right now. I lived in that identity longer than any other
[20:14:55] < {FstLtRayus}> +Ricker+ No, seriously. What do you need?
[20:14:59] < Ze> HILTAKON> ::TO WARP:: MAY YOU FIND ... WHOMEVER IT IS YOU NEED.
[20:15:00] < {LtBlackburn}> ::spotting the destination a few buildings down and points:: That looks like where we are headed.
[20:15:05] < [DrCeja]> It's just.. I'd really like to find Aklar.
[20:15:10] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He let the Unless stand, unanswered.:: Fair enough. So... what's this all about?
[20:15:10] < {LtJgRicker}> +Rayus+ :: Chucles:: Nope no puppies today, I want to buy off a few guards but I'll probably need a loan to do it. I can pay it back when we get back to the ship, you mind fronting the money?
[20:15:12] < Ze> ACTION> HILTAKON WALKS AWAY IN A HUF
[20:15:16] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks over to Rayus:: A Dog?
[20:15:17] < Ze> HUFF EVEN
[20:15:37] < FstLtAklarMIA> And if you're not intending to shoot me, maybe you can release me?
[20:15:46] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Puts a hand on Ceja's shoulder:: We'll find him, no matter what it takes.
[20:15:50] < {LtBlackburn}> +Luc+ Where ya heading?
[20:15:53] < FstLtAklarMIA> I promise not to fight or flee, but I'd enjoy not being bound.
[20:15:54] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> Indeed!
[20:16:02] < Ze> I apologize for the conditiosn, but I needed to talk with you without you trying to stun, club, or stab me.
[20:16:21] < [Cmdr_Jordan]> ((time for me to go folks..have a great night. Behave badly :) ))
[20:16:27] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ((NIght Jordan!))
[20:16:29] < [AdmWarp]> <<Have a good night, Jordan!>>
[20:16:30] < {LtJgKellen}> ((Later))
[20:16:31] < Ze> ((Night Jordan!))
[20:16:34] < {LtBlackburn}> ((always counsilor!))
[20:16:34] -!- [Cmdr_Jordan] [Cmdr_Jorda@xertion-ql9nt2.res.rr.com] has left #SciWorld1 []
[20:16:36] < {FstLtRayus}> +Ricker+ How much do you need? I only have so much on me. I have ten thousand on the ship. More back home on Tserra.
[20:16:45] < FstLtAklarMIA> Well, let's get to it, then. Talk!
[20:16:52] < {LtJgRicker}> +Rayus+ To some ramshackle place that belongs to a Feringi named Filik
[20:16:55] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Falls in with the rest, ready to get down to business::
[20:16:59] < {LtBlackburn}> +Luc+ I do have a sack of Latinum too Luc.
[20:17:04] < Ze> ::looks at Aklar warily:: I'm trusting you. ::tosses over a key to Aklar's arm shackles::
[20:17:22] < Ze> How much do you know so far?
[20:17:32] < {LtBlackburn}> +Luc+ Filik? Thats who we are headed to see!
[20:17:54] < [AdmWarp]> ::To the others:: We'll check in with the other team, then assist in the search.
[20:17:57] < {LtJgRicker}> Well, we should be meeting up soon then. Cheap looking building right?
[20:18:02] < Ze> ACTION> BOTH BLACKBURN, ET AL, AND RICKER AND COMPANY SPOT EACH OTHER - AND THE BUILDING IN QUESTION
[20:18:06] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He nodded and caught the key ably, better then he imagined he would. As he went about unlocking himself, he began speaking.::
[20:18:11] < [DrCeja]> Oh good.
[20:18:15] < {FstLtRayus}> +Ricker+ No, we were told this building would be quite nice to look at.
[20:18:17] < {LtBlackburn}> Hello there stranger.
[20:18:18] < FstLtAklarMIA> Admittedly, not as much as I or Admiral Warp would like to know.
[20:18:28] < [AdmWarp]> +Rayus+ Warp to Rayus. Status report.
[20:18:28] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Closes the comm link::
[20:18:33] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks at the building:: I think that's the place we need to search
[20:18:34] < {LtJgRicker}> Hey guys
[20:18:42] < Ze> I imagine. This was some of my finest work, I must say.
[20:18:44] < {LtBlackburn}> Actually I believe the word was simply: Elaborate.
[20:18:48] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Nods to Warp then starts to walk towards the door::
[20:18:50] < FstLtAklarMIA> We know the circumstances of how you came to be on the Potemkin. We know you had no contact with anyone outside of the Potemkin.
[20:19:01] < Ze> ::nods::
[20:19:06] -!- JessiTigress__ [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has quit [Connection closed]
[20:19:09] -!- JessiTigress [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has joined #SciWorld1
[20:19:14] < {LtBlackburn}> One of us really ought to report in to the Admiral.
[20:19:15] < Ze> Did you figure out how I got the uniforms in the first place?
[20:19:31] < [AdmWarp]> ::Leads the group out into a somewhat dingy market square as he waits for Rayus's reply, then surveys the surroundings::
[20:19:40] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Goes into serious mode while talking to the Admiral :: +Warp+ Aye, Sir. We are currently heading to a building owned by a Ferengi named Filik, and it is our intention to interrogate him as to the location of Aklar. Should he know anything at all that is.
[20:19:56] < [DrCeja]> ::Looks around the area::
[20:19:56] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Raises an eyebrow in confusion:: I got told the cheapest looking building on this street. Thats over there
[20:20:02] < FSF-Esrom> (It's been fun but I need to get to sleep now.. Take care everyone!)
[20:20:13] < [AdmWarp]> ::Blinks:: You've tracked Filik to the colony? We have our Ferengi, our Zakdorn, and a host of Tellarites...
[20:20:15] < {LtBlackburn}> Filik was the Ferengi that was Auctioning off the Tiber wasnt he?
[20:20:24] -!- FSF-Esrom [Laurie@xertion-vners3.fios.verizon.net] has quit [Quit: Leaving.]
[20:20:25] < [AdmWarp]> <<Oops. Add +Rayus+ to that last line.>>
[20:20:33] < FstLtAklarMIA> How you actually manufactured the equipment error? No.
[20:20:36] -!- FCaptMatthew [vegeta50024@xertion-ii7ult.eugn.qwest.net] has joined #SciWorld1
[20:20:41] < [AdmWarp]> +Rayus+ Keep me closely informed on your progress.
[20:20:42] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Steps outside, looking at all the people that are there as well as attempting to take in all the details that she could. Then stops as she heard Rayus::
[20:20:47] < FstLtAklarMIA> But that you stole bolts of material and made the uniform by hand? Yes.
[20:21:00] < {FstLtRayus}> +Warp+ Well, it was mostly blackburn, and his not so subtle ways of asking, Sir.
[20:21:08] -!- FCaptMatthew [vegeta50024@xertion-ii7ult.eugn.qwest.net] has left #SciWorld1 []
[20:21:11] < Ze> ::shakes head:: Tactics and logistics, Lieutenant. I bribed the quartermaster to make it looks like that fabric had never existed.
[20:21:26] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He nodded.:: Makes sense. A bribe though?
[20:21:30] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Walks over to Rayus::
[20:21:36] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Looks at Melina:: Ma'am. I dont think it would be a good idea for us to all waltz in there. I think we should go in as pairs to both buildings.
[20:21:37] < [DrCeja]> ::Spots one of the crew looking around and waves to Jessi to come over and join them.::
[20:21:46] < [AdmWarp]> +Rayus+ I am -- unsurprised. ::Chuckles slightly:: Keep me posted. Warp out.
[20:21:47] < {FstLtRayus}> +Warp+ Aye, Sir. Rayus out.
[20:21:52] < Ze> Sometimes we over complicate things.
[20:22:16] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Looks over to Warp:: It all fits what Aklar was told. He's gotta be around here somewhere.
[20:22:25] < Ze> You become friends with someone and then you ask for a small favor. Make up some excuse. They believe you of course
[20:22:29] < FstLtAklarMIA> I'm not foolish enough to think you can't bribe a Starfleet officer. I'm still surprised.
[20:22:36] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Thinks:: Maybe . . . but even with going in there, I wouldn't suggest everyone going into the front door. We should split up and see if there is a back entrance that we could use as well
[20:22:51] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Looks to the rest of everyone :: Who is going in the nice one, and who is going into the den of drugs?
[20:22:54] < Ze> Such as those joke orders to keep the real Ze in his place. Just a small jest we late night technicians were having.
[20:22:55] < {LtJgRicker}> Agreed. And some should stay out here and keep watch...
[20:22:56] < {LtBlackburn}> +Warp+ Did you say a zakdorn is here too?
[20:22:58] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He mulled over Ze's answers as he moved away from the wall, and moved to stand beside Ze.::
[20:23:16] < {LtBlackburn}> Ill go in.
[20:23:17] < {LtJgKellen}> We can do the Den...
[20:23:20] < Ze> ACTION> AKLAR'S FEET CATCH - ZE NEVER GAVE HIM THE KEY TO THE LEG RESTRAINTS
[20:23:23] < [AdmWarp]> +Blackburn+ Yes. Hiltakon, the detective who led us to Ze's camp some time ago. He's apparently here to visit the governor.
[20:23:35] < {LtJgRicker}> I'll volunteer for the cheap place.. its where I was going before anyway.
[20:23:36] < FstLtAklarMIA> I know what they say about Magicians telling you how tricks are .... ::he falls.:: OW!
[20:23:43] < Ze> I may like and trust you ... but only so far
[20:23:58] < {LtBlackburn}> +Warp+ Well then, We have all three of the races, and we were just in a bar. Id say we are pretty close to Ze.
[20:24:03] < Ze> ::leans down to look at Aklar:: What is a magician?
[20:24:06] < [AdmWarp]> ::Motions the group towards an outdoor goods shop::
[20:24:16] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Hold up his hands :: Mel with your permission, I have a plan.
[20:24:27] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks to Rayus:: What's your plan?
[20:24:31] < [AdmWarp]> +Blackburn+ I'd like check-ins every ten minutes, Jay.
[20:24:35] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He stood up, brushing off his clothes.:: A magician? Someone who performs tricks. Or, rather, illusions.
[20:24:37] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Nods to Warp and follows towards the shop::
[20:24:54] < [DrCeja]> ::To Rollo:: Well then, some interesting news.
[20:24:54] < Ze> Aaaah, a wislrd.
[20:25:00] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Points to Blackburn as he overhears the Admiral:: I nominate Blackburn to stay out here...he has to report in a lot.
[20:25:09] < {FstLtRayus}> You look fancy, so you go into the nice building with a ton of cash, and act like your there to buy stuff.
[20:25:15] < [DrCeja]> All the races are here, but.. we're no nearer to finding Ze.
[20:25:15] < {LtBlackburn}> +Warp+ No problem boss. ::cuts the line::
[20:25:27] < Ze> But I'm afraid I don't know if them revealing their secrets are good or not.
[20:25:29] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Glances to Ceja and gives a small nod:: At least it is something....
[20:25:30] < FstLtAklarMIA> Which is to say, as much as we say we want to know "How'd he do that" sometimes that answer isn't satisfying.
[20:25:33] < {FstLtRayus}> You can bring someone as your "Bodyguard". ::Looks over at Ricker ::
[20:25:43] < Ze> ::shakes head:: I didn't say it would be. But what else do you know?
[20:25:50] < {LtJgRicker}> I want the trashy place... I trust my information
[20:25:54] < [DrCeja]> ::Pulls out her tricorder and scans the area for Trill lifesigns. She's been doing so every so often since they landed.::
[20:25:56] < {FstLtRayus}> As for you, you go in the cheap place, and well. Try to score.
[20:25:57] < [AdmWarp]> ::Hears the communicator channel close:: If Aklar is on the planet, he's likely outside of the colony.
[20:26:11] < FstLtAklarMIA> Oh, come now, Ze. I came prepared to find out this was an elaborate system of lies and secrets.
[20:26:24] < {FstLtRayus}> Its overly simplified, but hopefully my idea makes sense.
[20:26:26] < FstLtAklarMIA> Now I find out it's favors and jokes? Color me disappointed.
[20:26:29] < Ze> Who said it wasn't?
[20:26:36] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Looks around at everyone else. ::
[20:26:45] < [LtCmdrRollands]> There has to be some trace of him, but I have a feeling all the people are rather tight lipped
[20:26:55] < Ze> Think about it. What else do you know? What was my end game?
[20:26:58] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks to see whos out of uniform::
[20:27:03] < {LtJgRicker}> So I go to the trashy place, and you go to guard Commander Melina... right?
[20:27:05] < FstLtAklarMIA> What else do I know? I know you intitated a search on the Andromeda Galaxy. And that you had access to files on the M13 that are Potemkin Eyes Only.
[20:27:08] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Nods:: Sounds like a much better plan
[20:27:27] < Ze> Good. I was hoping you would find those searches.
[20:27:33] < {LtBlackburn}> One problem, some of you are in uniform.
[20:27:34] < [AdmWarp]> Agreed. So, I suggest we avoid asking directly. ::Steps closer to the shop:: Ze's camp had a host of survival equipment, some of it non-replicated.
[20:27:39] < FstLtAklarMIA> After investigating it, I ruled out you having any hard interest in the files, though.
[20:27:47] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Is not in uniform....smarter than that::
[20:27:54] < Ze> How did you figure that?
[20:27:56] < [DrCeja]> And it's less crude than we're expecting from Ze.
[20:27:57] < [AdmWarp]> This is the type of place I would go to build up a similar stock on this planet.
[20:28:11] < {LtCmdrMelina}> With my suit, thankfully, nobody would realize that I have a uniform on underneath
[20:28:29] < FstLtAklarMIA> Outside of their inherent value to non-UFP powers, almost none of the information is useful or talks about "one-time onlY" ways of getting to Andromeda.
[20:28:34] < {LtJgKellen}> ::In civilian clothes::
[20:28:52] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Hands Mel a fistful of credits :: Dont be shy about throwing them around. You want them to think you are rich.
[20:28:52] < FstLtAklarMIA> I didn't think selling secrets was your motive.
[20:29:19] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Nods at Rayus:: No you just want to blow money on your girlfriend...dont lie
[20:29:22] < Ze> Then what was my motive?
[20:29:25] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Glances at the items in the shop as they get closer:: And I'm sure he had the resources to get it all.
[20:29:34] < {LtBlackburn}> What should I do Rev? Ive got my Latinum and my mercenary duds
[20:29:34] < FstLtAklarMIA> Deflection, I assumed.
[20:29:43] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Smiles at Luc :: This is true.
[20:29:45] < Ze> Deflection?
[20:29:54] <%Chas> (((guys, I'm heading to bed... please keep on simming as long as you wish! thank you all for attending, and thank you for moving the legendary Potemkin sim to SciWorld this year! And as a way of plugs... we have a number of events tomorrow and Saturday, so I hope you all find time to return... you can see the schedule here: http://roleplay.wikia.com/wiki/User:Yatalu/SciWorld Lastly, we have a google group, please sign up if you want to be kept up t
[20:29:54] -!- JessiTigress [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has quit [Connection closed]
[20:29:55] <%Chas> date about SciWorld, especially for next year's planning: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... ldonline... good night all!)))
[20:29:57] -!- JessiTigress [JessiTigres@xertion-qrvm6e.res.rr.com] has joined #SciWorld1
[20:30:12] <+SLApopcornman> ((night))
[20:30:18] < FstLtAklarMIA> Delay us. Lead us on the wrong direciton long enough for you to setup... all of this.
[20:30:25] < [AdmWarp]> <<Thanks Chas! Have a good night!>>
[20:30:31] < [DrCeja]> ::Looks around the shop and walks to the counter.::
[20:30:33] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ((Night Chas!))
[20:30:36] < [DrCeja]> ((Night Chas))
[20:30:38] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Takes the credits and nods:: If we're going to do this, let's go ::Looks to Riker:: Let's go, shadow ::Starts heading into the building
[20:30:45] < [AdmWarp]> ::Enters the shop and looks at the rather muscular saleswoman behind the counter:: Greetings.
[20:30:45] < {LtJgKellen}> ((Night))
[20:30:48] < Ze> And what is "all of this" exactly? Lead you to a muddy colony to kidnap you? I am fond of you, Lieutenant, but not that fond.
[20:30:52] < {FstLtRayus}> :: To Blackburn :: Go with Mel, you look like a good enough bodyguard. I cant go in either with this uniform of mine on.
[20:30:54] < {LtJgRicker}> :: To Melina:: Commander, buzz pattern beta if either of us gets in trouble?
[20:31:07] < FstLtAklarMIA> Oh, this seems more like I skipped a step by accient.
[20:31:13] < {LtBlackburn}> Ricker, I thought you were going in the other place?
[20:31:25] < FstLtAklarMIA> Filik, Hiltakon.
[20:31:34] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Starts to act like she's interested in some of the items while listening to the conversation::
[20:31:37] < FstLtAklarMIA> The riddle. I still don't undertand it, per se.
[20:31:38] < Ze> ::lips flare in a Saurian smile:: Tell me about them.
[20:31:46] < {LtJgRicker}> :: To Blackburn:: I am... just established an emergency signal...regulation and all.
[20:32:08] < Ze> Well, the reason you don't understand it is because the riddle wasn't part of the original plan
[20:32:16] < [DrCeja]> ::Hunts to find items that were the same as the ones in Ze's camp::
[20:32:19] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks to Grimm:: So you're staying out here with Rayus?
[20:32:20] < FstLtAklarMIA> Filik is a pragmatic, if easily swayed Ferengi. A salesman through and through.
[20:32:24] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Looks over at Grimm :: Now I planned for everyone to have something to do but us. Any ideas?
[20:32:40] < Ze> It's a jagged piece sticking out of the glossomer web.
[20:32:41] < {LtBlackburn}> Ah, sorry, misunderstood. Make sure I get it too. ::holds out some Latinum:: Just in case.
[20:33:05] < FstLtAklarMIA> Hiltakon is an arrogant, self-centered ass who's observations were about as revelatory as Mr. Blackburns.
[20:33:05] < {LtJgRicker}> :: takes the Latinum:: I'll get you back. :: Winks::
[20:33:16] < FstLtAklarMIA> Not part of the plan?
[20:33:26] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks to Luc:: looks like it's us again.
[20:33:29] < {LtJgGrimm}> Well, if we're just standing around here outside, we're gonna get bored
[20:33:30] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> THE SHOPKEEPER LOOKS AT WARP THROUGH HOODED EYES. "YOU AREN'T OUR USUAL SORT OF CUSTOMER." SHE WARILY EYES THE OTHERS. "AND I DON'T THINK YOU'RE HERE FOR OUR FINE WILDERNESS SUPPLIES."
[20:33:34] < Ze> It was a ... last minute improvisation.
[20:33:34] -!- Chas [Chas@xertion-s7gppk.res.rr.com] has left #SciWorld1 []
[20:33:41] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Walks up to the counter inside the building and starts to look at the various items that are available for sale::
[20:33:44] < FstLtAklarMIA> It's because I batted my eyes, no?
[20:33:56] < FstLtAklarMIA> That always got Phaele a subspace contact number or two.
[20:34:05] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Catches what the shopkeeper said and sighs, going over to the counter as well::
[20:34:21] < {LtBlackburn}> ::follows Melina into the store, hand one hand on a pistol::
[20:34:21] < [AdmWarp]> No, actually, we are. ::Abruptly reaches out and grabs a strange-looking object:: Our Saurian friend told us you have the finest cookware in the colony.
[20:34:24] < Ze> ACTION> A FERENGI SUDDENLY BUSTLES OUT TO GREET NEW CUSTOMERS. "GREETINGS! WELCOME TO THE FINEST OF ... ::STOPS:: YOU LOOK SOMEWHAT FAMILIAR, HAVE I DEALT WITH YOU BEFORE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
[20:34:32] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Back at Grimm :: Well we could always do something stupid, like try and sneak in the back. You game?
[20:34:40] < Ze> No, because I needed someone quick to get them here.
[20:34:44] < {LtBlackburn}> ::realizes who it is::
[20:35:02] < FstLtAklarMIA> Ahhh...
[20:35:05] < FstLtAklarMIA> I see.
[20:35:09] < {LtJgGrimm}> That does sound pretty stupid...but it may work so what the heck
[20:35:09] < FstLtAklarMIA> And the Tellarite?
[20:35:10] < Ze> FILIK> WAIT ...
[20:35:17] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> THE WOMAN NARROWS HER EYES, AS IF TRYING TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE ADMIRAL IS JOKING. "THEN I'M SURE YOUR DISCERNING FRIEND WOULD ALSO HAVE TOLD YOU THAT YOU ARE HOLDING AN UNREMARKABLE PRIVY TROWEL."
[20:35:20] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Sees the Ferengi:: No, I dont believe that we've done business before
[20:35:25] < Ze> Yes, well that brings us to where we are now
[20:35:30] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Looks at the two buildings :: So which one you want to sneak into?
[20:35:35] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He nodded.::
[20:35:52] < [AdmWarp]> Err... Yes. ::Places the implement back where he found it:: He probably would have.
[20:35:54] < Ze> FILIK> YOU ARE FROM THAT SHIP! THE PUMPKIN!
[20:36:06] < [DrCeja]> Those ground cloths you have, the brown ones made out of canvas? Do you have any of those around? He said you sold them.
[20:36:07] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Frowns at Warp and shrugs:: <q>> Worth a try.
[20:36:16] < Ze> You see, the plan wasn't mine
[20:36:18] < {LtBlackburn}> ::raises an eyebrow:: Pumkin? I think not.
[20:36:18] < {LtJgGrimm}> You're the wealthy one, so go into the nicer place...if you get caught at least you can claim that you can just buy the guards off
[20:36:22] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Hears the Ferengi talking and spins on a dime::
[20:36:24] < [AdmWarp]> You wouldn't know where our Saurian friend has gone, would you?
[20:36:28] < [DrCeja]> ::Calls from behind a rack of clothing::
[20:36:44] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks at Luc::
[20:36:48] < Ze> FILIK> YES! ADMIRAL MURDOCH'S SHIP! WHAT DO YOU WANT! I GAVE YOU YOUR SHIP BACK!
[20:36:49] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He arched a brow at this news.:: Not yours? This is where you rip off the mask and reveal you've been Arnet the whole time.
[20:36:51] < {LtBlackburn}> The Potemkin though, thats a different story.
[20:36:56] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Tries hard not to react to badly mispronouncing the Potemkin:: I'm afraid you may have mistaken us for someone else. I have not heard of the Pumpkin before
[20:37:01] < {LtJgGrimm}> I'll go into the more run-down place...if anything I can just fight my way out. It looks like that kind of place
[20:37:06] < Ze> Arnet? No, no
[20:37:13] < FstLtAklarMIA> I'm kidding, that's not a real deduction.
[20:37:17] < Ze> The doctor was not involved.
[20:37:23] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Glances over at the clothing and at Ceja peeking out of them::
[20:37:30] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Nods to Grimm :: Alrighty, lets go have a fun Breaking and Entering.
[20:37:35] < Ze> Good, I was doubting your powers of deduction momentarily
[20:37:45] < Ze> FILIK> DON'T TRY TO DENY IT! I RECOGNIZE YOU ANYWHERE!
[20:37:47] < FstLtAklarMIA> So, not your plan.
[20:37:56] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Walks around the fancy building, looking for a back entrance ::
[20:38:02] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Heads for the "Den"::
[20:38:03] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> THE WOMAN SIGHS. "ON THE BACK WALL, THE WOODEN SHELF -- NOT THE METAL ONES. WE CARRY STARFLEET, ROMULAN, KLINGON, CARDASSIAN, AND BREEN STANDARD SIZES."
[20:38:10] < Ze> Well, let me step back. The plan, the orchestration was mine. But not the end game.
[20:38:14] < {LtBlackburn}> ::glances at Melina as if asking permission::
[20:38:16] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Hangs back watching the Ferengi and the "happy couple" from accross the street::
[20:38:35] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Heads around to the back of the other shop, searching and finding a back door::
[20:38:36] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks to Blackburn and nods::
[20:38:36] < Ze> FILIK> CAN'T YOU LEAVE ME IN PEACE! IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT YOUR TRILL WAS ASKING ABOUT ME!
[20:38:38] < [DrCeja]> Excellent, the saurian said you had them. How about.. uh.. extra canopies?
[20:38:39] < [AdmWarp]> Quite a variety.
[20:38:44] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He rubbed his hands together.:: Your design, then? But not necessarily your goal.
[20:38:48] < FstLtAklarMIA> That does complicate things.
[20:39:19] < {LtBlackburn}> Our Trill? And what do you happen to knopw about "our Trill?
[20:39:21] < Ze> Exactly. And it was going so flawlessly. The greatest con of my career. But I realized halfway through that there was something ... not right.
[20:39:32] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> SHE SHAKES HER HEAD. "THE GROUND CLOTHS ARE MULTIPURPOSE. NO NEED FOR A SEPARATE CANOPY -- JUST USE ANOTHER ONE. THEY'RE ON SALE, ACTUALLY."
[20:39:40] < Ze> FILIK> I KNOW HE WAS ASKING ABOUT ME SEVERAL DAYS AGO. MY INFORMATIONS TOLD ME.
[20:39:41] < FstLtAklarMIA> Not right? You mean that you ended up liking the crew?
[20:39:41] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Finds a back entrance and of all things, knocks ::
[20:39:49] < [AdmWarp]> Our friend didn't mention the sale.
[20:40:03] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Decides to go look at the clothing too, almost looking excited about the sale::
[20:40:14] < Ze> You think this is about the crew? I betrayed more likable people than you, including a quartermaster, before.
[20:40:22] < {LtBlackburn}> And what did your informants say he did afterwards?
[20:40:30] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> THE SHOPKEEPER LOOKS AT WARP SUSPICIOUSLY AGAIN. "DOES THIS FRIEND HAVE A NAME, OR IS HE AS VAGUE AS YOU MAKE HIM SOUND?"
[20:40:57] < Ze> But I couldn't ruin the plan once it was in motion. Not without being caught. So, that day on the Tiber, I made up the riddle. Fed you just enough that you would figure it out eventually, but it wouldn't be traced back to me.
[20:41:00] < [AdmWarp]> His name is Ze. He's an avid outdoorsman.
[20:41:06] < FstLtAklarMIA> Yeah... Quartermaster Jeffries is a very nice guy.
[20:41:22] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Knocks harder ::
[20:41:26] < Ze> FILIK> THEY HAVEN'T SEEN HIM SINCE I'VE GOTTEN BACK INTO TOWN. I THOUGH HE HAD LEFT TOWN.
[20:41:30] < [DrCeja]> ::Calls from the backof the shop:: Nice chap. Very friendly.
[20:41:35] < FstLtAklarMIA> You made me a pawn in your little game? I don't know how to feel about that.
[20:41:42] < Ze> ACTION> THERE IS NO RESPONSE TO RAYUS' KNOCKING.
[20:41:53] < Ze> I made you a what?
[20:41:59] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Walks into the Den with out Luc::
[20:42:13] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Tries the door, to see if its locked ::
[20:42:17] < FstLtAklarMIA> The most common and weakest piece in a Terran strategy game known as chess.
[20:42:20] < {LtBlackburn}> Know anything else Ferengi? I could make it... worth your while.
[20:42:27] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Gets an idea:: +Warp+ <q> Admiral, We have Filik in sights.
[20:42:27] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Nods to Ceja:: Recommended this place actually.
[20:42:45] < [AdmWarp]> Excuse me. ::Steps outside for a moment::
[20:42:56] < [DrCeja]> Said your wares kept him dry, and the sand out of his camp.
[20:43:02] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Looks at the door and knocks, recieving no answer. Undeterred, he starts to look for a way to open it with less socially acceptable methods::
[20:43:08] < Ze> Give yourself some credit. You were at least a mid-level piece.
[20:43:21] < [AdmWarp]> +Ricker+ Send your location to the ship. We'll have Nguyen transport us there shortly.
[20:43:24] < {LtBlackburn}> +Warp+ ::begins recording everything Filik is saying::
[20:43:27] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He couldn't help but laugh.:: See... we could have been friend.
[20:43:40] < Ze> FILIK> NO, NO, NO! BUSINESS WITH THE FEDERATION BRINGS ... RESPECTABILITY! THE WORSE POSSIBLE THING HERE.
[20:44:06] < Ze> There may still be time for that. ::produces a second key:: Unlock yourself. Your ship is in orbit.
[20:44:10] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Unholsters his sidearm, and looks around to make sure the coast is clear. ::
[20:44:19] < FstLtAklarMIA> So then. I've brought a mediocre Salesman and the "Galaxy's Greatest Detective" to a Tellarite colony. I can't see an endgame here.
[20:44:23] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Shoots the lock ::
[20:44:32] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> THE SHOPKEEPER SIGHS AGAIN, LOOKING OVER AT CEJA. "HE'S NOT A VERY GOOD LIAR, YOUR LEADER WITH THE SHINY COLLAR. LET'S BE HONEST WITH ONE ANOTHER. WHY ARE YOU HERE?"
[20:44:37] < {LtBlackburn}> This isnt Federation condoned. We are looking for our lost crewman.
[20:44:40] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Does as he is ordered:: +Warp+ Done Sir, Blackburn is talking to him. No doubt bumbling over some questions. No subtlety in that one...
[20:44:49] < Ze> You didn't bring them here. I brought you here. You figured out where there paths would meet, right?
[20:44:54] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Frowns and looks over at the shopkeeper::
[20:45:10] < Ze> FILIK> A CREWMAN WHO WAS LOOKING FOR ME. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO HELP YOU.
[20:45:26] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He took the key from Ze.:: Indeed a did.
[20:45:28] < [DrCeja]> ::Walks over to the shopkeeper.:: Can't blame him for trying. One of our crew is missing, and the saurian is part of that situation. I'd rather like to find my friend.
[20:45:28] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Looks around the Den::
[20:45:38] < Ze> A place where I would be waiting for you.
[20:45:40] < FstLtAklarMIA> Indeed. I assumed that must be the end game.
[20:45:45] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Shrugs and forces the door open rather easily...but it wasn't the best built building in the area either:: Huh, that was easy...
[20:46:03] < Ze> That was my endgame. But now you need to know about the endgame of the person who hired me.
[20:46:17] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He nodded.::
[20:46:19] < FstLtAklarMIA> Tell me.
[20:46:23] < {LtBlackburn}> He was only trying to get information on Ze. Nothing more. And besides, if the Ferengi Commision found out that you were selling an illegally aquired federation ship...
[20:46:28] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Opens the door, whose lock he just shot, and creeps inside ::
[20:47:08] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> SHE NODS. "YOUR FRIEND IS THE SAURIAN ONE? I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM. WE DON'T GET MANY OF THEIR KIND HERE."
[20:47:14] < Ze> FILIK> THE FERENGI COMMISSION KNOWS I WAS SELLING THAT FAIR AND SQUARE AS SALVAGE. AND WE MADE A DEAL. YOU HELPED ME AND GOT YOUR RUNABOUT BACK. THERE'S NO THREAT THERE
[20:47:15] < {LtBlackburn}> Plus, I have Latinum. What decent Ferengi would turn down latinum?
[20:47:27] < Ze> Right, we might be quick enough to stop it.
[20:47:34] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Shakes her head:: Our friend is the Trill. The Saurian is involved though.
[20:47:47] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Pulls his sidearm and starts to look around quietly, seeing areas both organized and chaotic. It was peculiar that somebody who cleans the store would leave such a mess::
[20:47:47] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::Drogan walked free of the shackles, again attempting to move next to Ze. He kept his his hands out and low, to show non aggression.::
[20:47:48] < [DrCeja]> No, he's a trill. Charming man, big smile. Probably flirted. The Saurian.. is.. someone we know.
[20:48:09] < FstLtAklarMIA> The only thing... your riddle. You told me when I knew what it meant, I'd know you. Who are you?
[20:48:28] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> THE WOMAN RAISES HER HEAVY EYELIDS. "A TRILL? DON'T SEE MANY OF THEM IN POR'CHOU EITHER. HAVEN'T SEEN THEM."
[20:48:53] < Ze> There will be time for that later. Right now, you need to understand about the Tellarite in that riddle.
[20:48:55] < [DrCeja]> ::Narrows eyes:: Heard of any then, if you haven't seen one?
[20:49:00] < [AdmWarp]> ::Steps back in:: Nguyen has coordinates for Filik.
[20:49:18] < Ze> FILIK> THE KIND WHO WANTS TO MAKE MORE LATINUM, STARFLEET. THERE IS NO GOOD THAT COMES FROM DEALING WITH YOU
[20:49:20] < [DrCeja]> ::Leans on the counter::
[20:49:23] < FstLtAklarMIA> Why do I get the feeling "later" is you absconding off into the night and leaving me with another clue.
[20:49:24] < [LtCmdrRollands]> One that might have been asking around about something?
[20:49:36] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Breaks out a tricorder on a hunch and scans a random assortment of boxes, noting that the organized area is the high-priced stuff. Chuckling, he stops when he notices some of the boxes are overly secured::
[20:49:46] < {LtBlackburn}> ::pulls out a full bar of Latinum:: More Latinum you say?
[20:49:51] < FstLtAklarMIA> Tellarite. Tell me. I only remember bothering the barkeep. Don't tell me his kanar is dangerous!
[20:49:59] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> SHE SHAKES HER HEAD AGAIN. "NO, NOT A WORD. IF THEY WERE LOOKING FOR SUPPLIES, THEY WOULD HAVE TRADED WITH SOMEONE IN MY GUILD. NO ONE HAS MENTIONED ANYTHING."
[20:50:19] < [AdmWarp]> ::Nods to the shopkeeper:: Thank you for your help. ::Eyes the trowel:: We will be sure to tell our friends to visit your shop.
[20:50:24] < [DrCeja]> ::Nods:: Very well. thank you.
[20:50:32] < Ze> No, no, nothing like that. This is actually dangerous. As in, multiple millions of life dangerous. And that's a con I don't get involved in.
[20:50:59] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Skulks around the back looking for any information, or clue as to Aklar's location. ::
[20:51:08] < FstLtAklarMIA> Right. So, a con that involves millions of lives that centered on you being second in command of Izar Fleet flagship.
[20:51:11] < {LtBlackburn}> ::fingers a pistol with his other hand:: Or how about your freedom? You are after all impeding an investigation.
[20:51:15] < Ze> FILIK> RULE OF ACQUISITION 48: THE BIGGER THE SMILE, THE SHARPER THE KNIFE
[20:51:16] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> THE SHOPKEEPER LETS OUT A SHORT, PORCINE LAUGH. "IF THEY'RE ANYTHING LIKE YOU, HUMAN, I'M NOT SURE I WANT THEIR BUSINESS." SHE NODS MORE FAVORABLY TO CEJA AND ROLLANDS. "THEIR FRIENDS I'LL TAKE."
[20:51:28] < {LtJgGrimm}> +Rayus+ <q> Anything of interest?
[20:51:36] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Starts pulling out some of the latinum she was carrying:: Help us out, and we can make it worth your while. I've never known a Ferengi to turn down latinum before
[20:51:46] < [LtCmdrRollands]> Yes, thank you. ::Raises an eyebrow then follows after Warp and Ceja::
[20:51:51] < Ze> It's what I learned there. The man who hired me wanted to know it all. You were wrong, the information on the Andromeda Galaxy was real research.
[20:52:01] < [DrCeja]> Thank you. ::Grins at the woman, as she leaves::
[20:52:22] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Finds a bag of exotic candy, and begins snacking on it. ::
[20:52:24] < [AdmWarp]> I... err... well... good day, ma'am. ::Steps outside, biting his lip pensively::
[20:52:32] < {FstLtRayus}> +Grimm+ I found some candy. I will save you some.
[20:52:36] < Ze> FILIK> RULE OF ACQUISITION 125: YOU CAN'T MAKE A DEAL IF YOU ARE DEAD
[20:52:40] < FstLtAklarMIA> I see.
[20:52:46] < {LtBlackburn}> ::getting really annoyed at the Ferengi:: Tell us what you know Filik, or I can personally guarantee that you will not be making anymore Latinum for a very long time!
[20:53:01] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He paused.:: The missing Uplink Array?
[20:53:02] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Rolls his eyes toward the ceiling:: +Rayus+ Anything pertinent to the task at hand?
[20:53:14] < [DrCeja]> ::To Warp:: She knew nothing, and neither have any of her guild. We're missing something.
[20:53:20] < Ze> FILIK> I'VE TOLD YOU WHAT I KNOW! HE WAS ASKING ABOUT ME, BUT HE HASN'T BEEN SEEN SINCE I GOT HERE!
[20:53:30] < [AdmWarp]> +Nguyen+ Warp to Nguyen. Three for transport to Ricker's coordinates.
[20:53:36] < [AdmWarp]> ::Nods:: I'm hoping Filik is the missing piece.
[20:53:37] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Glances to Warp:: Hadn't heard of any Trill around at all in fact.
[20:53:40] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Continuing his scans, he finds a few things that borderline on the illegal and some that are just flat illegal::
[20:54:01] < Ze> No more hints until you tell me ... can you get me off this planet safely?
[20:54:04] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> NGUYEN RESPONDS, "YOU'VE GOT IT, ADMIRAL. LOCKED IN."
[20:54:10] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Leaves the den, and heads back to the street::
[20:54:12] < [AdmWarp]> +Nguyen+ Energize.
[20:54:23] < {LtBlackburn}> Is that all you know? I doubt it. You would have small lobes indeed if you let the matter rest with only that small amount of information.
[20:54:31] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He arched a brow.:: Get you...
[20:54:38] < FstLtAklarMIA> Of course.
[20:54:42] < Ze> ACTION> YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW
[20:54:42] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks at Filik curiously:: What makes you think that if you make a deal with us, that you will be killed?
[20:54:49] < {FstLtRayus}> +Grimm+ Not yet, I am considering walking up behind Filik and scaring him into talking. Maybe that would give the others a helping hand.
[20:54:54] < Ze> Good. Because you don't understand who we are dealing with.
[20:55:03] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He sighed, then ran his hand over his head.:: Sure. Yes. I can help you.
[20:55:11] < FstLtAklarMIA> However...
[20:55:27] < FstLtAklarMIA> If the Potemkin is in orbit. You may have to get to the ship in my custody.
[20:55:27] < {LtBlackburn}> I think he is under someone elses threat too.
[20:55:38] < {FstLtRayus}> +Grimm+ Yeah, im gonna do it.
[20:55:57] < {LtJgGrimm}> +Rayus+ Well, as my superior I can't really tell you not to...but that doesn't mean I can't overtly suggest... ::Hears Rayus:: Never mind...
[20:55:59] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> THE DRAB MARKET SQUARE BEGINS TO LIGHTEN AS THE VERY AIR AROUND WARP, ROLLANDS, AND CEJA BEGINS TO GLOW. A MELODIC HUM FOLLOWS, AND SOON THE TEAM IS WREATHED IN SPANGLING QUANTUM STARFIRE OF SILVER AND BLUE. THEY SHIMMER AWAY.
[20:56:02] < Ze> Nothing public. That could get us both killed.
[20:56:08] < {LtBlackburn}> How about this Filik, you tell us about Ze and Aklar, and we will ensure your safety.
[20:56:22] < FstLtAklarMIA> That serious? Then, before I can promise how to get you off the planet, who are we dealing with?
[20:56:22] < Ze> FILIK> SAFETY? SAFETY FROM WHAT?
[20:56:23] < [AdmWarp]> ACTION> ... AND MATERIALIZE NEAR RICKER.
[20:56:26] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Walks out of the back and right up to Filik putting his sidearm to Filiks head ::
[20:56:39] < Ze> FILIK> ::LETS OUT A LOUD SCREAM:: ADMIRAL MURDOCH!
[20:56:47] < {LtBlackburn}> Drat... Wrong...
[20:56:49] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Notices the new comers and nods his head in the direction of Filik::
[20:56:54] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Smiles and says to Filik :: Im stupid enough to do it.
[20:57:04] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Raises an eyebrow:: Murdoch? ::Looks at the others there as well::
[20:57:05] < [DrCeja]> Why is the ferengi screaming?
[20:57:14] < Ze> Yes ... if you haven't figured it out by now, we are ...
[20:57:22] < {LtBlackburn}> Admiral Mitchel more like it.
[20:57:22] < [AdmWarp]> ::Raises an eyebrow as the transporter effect fades:: It's a pleasure to see you too, Mister Filik. ::Steps over in his direction:: And it's Mitchell, by the way.
[20:57:28] < {LtJgRicker}> He recognizes you all. I should have talked to him. He doesnt know me.
[20:57:30] < Ze> ACTION> SUDDENLY A PHASER BOLT SHOOTS OUT OF THE CAVERN SOMEWHERE, STRIKING ZE IN THE CHEST!
[20:57:35] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Hears a scream similar to that of a small girl:: Well, must've scared the Ferengi...
[20:57:38] < FstLtAklarMIA> NO!
[20:57:49] < Ze> FILIK> I SEE HOW IT IS! SENDING YOUR MINIONS AFTER ME!
[20:58:01] < Ze> ACTION> THE PHASER BOLTS FLY, TRYING TO HIT AKLAR!
[20:58:13] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::Drogan watched the Saurian fall. He snapped into Drogan mode, getting low to the ground and dodge.::
[20:58:20] < {LtJgKellen}> +To Rayus+ What did you do?
[20:58:37] < [LtCmdrRollands]> Apparently we missed something and we have a scared Ferengi on our hands.
[20:58:46] < Ze> ACTION> AFTER A FEW MOMENTS, THE PHASER STOPS AND AKLAR CAN HEAR FOOTSTEPS RUNNING DOWN A CORRIDOR
[20:58:46] < {FstLtRayus}> +Kellen+ What havent I done?
[20:58:55] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Shakes his head and continues what is turning out to be a fruitless search::
[20:59:01] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::Unsure of where he was, though, he really had no idea what to do. He very briefly moved to check Ze's person for a phaser, before dodging away again.::
[20:59:04] < [DrCeja]> So? are we any closer to finding Aklar?
[20:59:09] < [AdmWarp]> They found you, not me, Filik.
[20:59:12] < Ze> ACTION> ZE IS DEAD
[20:59:21] < Ze> FILIK> WHAT DO YOU WANT THEN?
[20:59:23] < FstLtAklarMIA> Kosst!
[20:59:41] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Still holding the weapon to Filiks head :: Please answer truthfully. I would not mind shooting you.
[20:59:42] < [AdmWarp]> To fit the missing pieces into this puzzle.
[20:59:48] < Ze> ACTION> AKLAR DOES FIND A SMALL BAG ON AKLAR'S PERSON CONTAINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, AKLAR'S COMBADGE
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Sim Log:A Ferengi, Zakdorn and a Tellarite Walk Into A B

Postby Tavey » Sat May 03, 2014 9:56 am

[21:00:07] < {LtJgKellen}> +To Rayus+ did he crap him self?
[21:00:10] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Goes to where Rayus entered the building and follows suit, walking up behind him:: I thought I heard a lady scream...
[21:00:11] < [AdmWarp]> ::To Blackburn:: Thank you for the audio link, Lieutenant.
[21:00:11] < {LtBlackburn}> You heard everything he told us Admiral. He knows nothing.
[21:00:19] < Ze> FILIK> RULE OF ACQUISITION 208, ADMIRAL. SOMETIMES THE ONLY THING MORE DANGEROUS THAN A QUESTION IS AN ANSWER
[21:00:21] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He grabbed the bag on Ze's person, rummaging through it.:: Aha!
[21:00:24] < [AdmWarp]> ::Nods:: Yes, so it seems.
[21:00:44] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Looks around :: Can I shoot him now?
[21:00:47] < [DrCeja]> No.
[21:00:49] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Looks to Blackburn:: Nice work
[21:00:55] < FstLtAklarMIA> +Potemkin All Channels+ Aklar to Potemkin. Get me out of here now! If you can, beam up the biopattern directly next to me.
[21:00:57] < Ze> FILIK> I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR MAN. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE HERE IN MY SHOP!
[21:01:31] < {LtBlackburn}> Thanks Mel, I can have decent ideas occasionally::
[21:01:40] < Ze> ACTION> MOMENTS LATER, AKLAR SEES QUANTUM STARFIRE AND BEFOREHE KNOWS IT IS ABOARD THE POTEMKIN WITH NGUYEN
[21:01:49] < {LtBlackburn}> Aklar?!
[21:01:52] < Ze> NGUYEN> You know everyone is looking for you, right?
[21:01:59] < [DrCeja]> ::Visibly sags in relief::
[21:02:06] < {LtBlackburn}> Guys, did you hear that?!
[21:02:07] < Ze> FILIK> SEE??
[21:02:09] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He arrives on the Potekmin and checks to next to him.:: WHERE'S THE BODY NGUYEN!?
[21:02:22] < [DrCeja]> ::Rubs her eyes::
[21:02:25] < {LtJgRicker}> +Aklar+ This is Ricker, I read you Sir, Are you all right?
[21:02:29] < Ze> NGUYEN> OH RIGHT! SORRY, I GOT CARRIED AWAY WITH COMING UP WITH THAT LINE.
[21:02:30] < [AdmWarp]> Great cats.
[21:02:36] < [AdmWarp]> +Nguyen+ Warp to Nguyen. Do you have him, Chief?
[21:02:39] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Nods:: We did I think, Blackburn.
[21:02:54] < Ze> NGUYEN> +WARP+ AYE SIR. AND A BODY APPARENTLY
[21:02:55] < {LtJgGrimm}> Well, first good news of the day
[21:02:58] < {LtBlackburn}> Oh good, Im not crazy then!
[21:03:05] < Ze> NGUYEN> BEAMING THE BODY TO THE MORGUE ...
[21:03:10] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He hopped off the pad and waited for him to beam up the body.::
[21:03:30] < Ze> NGUYEN> ::LOOKS AT AKLAR:: SO ... GOOD TRIP?
[21:03:39] < {FstLtRayus}> :: Slowly puts his weapon away, sad he couldnt shoot the Ferengi. ::
[21:03:40] < [AdmWarp]> ::Doesn't like the sound of that:: +Nguyen+ A body?
[21:03:40] < Ze> PAUSE SIM
[21:03:43] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Paused::
[21:03:45] < {FstLtRayus}> ::Paused::
[21:03:45] < [DrCeja]> ::Paused::
[21:03:47] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::He ignored Nguyen and made like a man man through the halls.::
[21:03:51] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::Paused::
[21:03:52] < {LtJgKellen}> ::Paused::
[21:03:55] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::Paused.::
[21:03:57] < {LtJgRicker}> :: Paused::
[21:04:01] < {LtBlackburn}> +Nguyen+ Beam me up ASAP please!
[21:04:09] < {LtJgRicker}> So much for going late
[21:04:16] < {LtBlackburn}> :: pause::
[21:04:18] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::Paused::
[21:04:42] < {LtBlackburn}> ((sorry, window isnt keeping up with posts))
[21:04:47] < Ze> ATTENTION ON DECK!
[21:04:48] < {LtJgKellen}> ::AA::
[21:04:50] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::AA::
[21:04:50] < [DrCeja]> ::AA::
[21:04:51] < {FstLtRayus}> ::AA::
[21:04:51] < {LtJgGrimm}> ::AA::
[21:04:52] < {LtCmdrMelina}> ::AA::
[21:05:05] < {LtBlackburn}> ((we dont take orders from ZE!!))
[21:05:11] < FstLtAklarMIA> ::AA::
[21:05:18] < Ze> ((Fine then...))
[21:05:22] -!- Ze is now known as CmdrZe
[21:05:35] < [AdmWarp]> All right... Good sim, folks!
[21:05:43] < {LtBlackburn}> ((much better!!)) ::AA::
[21:06:18] < {LtBlackburn}> Darn... Aklar survived...
[21:06:19] < [AdmWarp]> And to our audience, thank you for joining us!
[21:06:29] -!- CmdrZe is now known as CmdrArnet
[21:06:32] <+SLApopcornman> you are welcome
[21:06:41] < [AdmWarp]> I hope we didn't lose you *too* badly. This one involved a bit more context than usual!
[21:06:42] -!- FstLtAklarMIA is now known as FstLtAklarFound
[21:06:59] < CmdrArnet> You should come and visit on a Warp night sometime. See Shakespeare as it was meant to be done.
[21:07:10] < [LtCmdrRollands]> ::Chuckles::
[21:07:13] <+SLApopcornman> lol
[21:07:22] < {LtJgKellen}> klingon hamlet?
[21:07:39] <+SLApopcornman> that would be a short bloody play
[21:07:48] < {LtJgKellen}> but it weasn't
[21:07:49] < [AdmWarp]> You give me too much credit, Arnet. ;) Besides, I stand lesser than an equal to certain others in the room!
[21:07:58] < [DrCeja]> (9Reminders to the folks.. I'm running a Torchwood sim on Saturday for this here SciWorld extravaganza))
[21:08:02] < FstLtAklarFound> Actually, the Klingon Hamlet is the same length as Hamlet ;-)
[21:08:06] -!- [DrCeja] is now known as Tavey
[21:08:16] <+SLApopcornman> lol
[21:08:16] -!- [LtCmdrRollands] is now known as SLAKris
[21:08:21] < {LtJgKellen}> i own the book
[21:08:22] < SLAKris> I shall be there!
[21:08:28] < {LtJgGrimm}> Must have long and violent death scenes in a Klingon Hamlet
[21:08:31] < [AdmWarp]> Anyway, we'll officially dismiss, as is our protocol, but I'm sure some folks will stick around to chat afterwards!
[21:08:37] < [AdmWarp]> Arnet, cut 'em loose, please, with my sincere thanks!
[21:08:38] -!- {LtJgRicker} is now known as LucRicker
[21:08:39] < TTTigress> Hey sorry I've been around longer Warp not my fault you found simming so late 1988 passed
[21:08:47] < CmdrArnet> DISMISSED, WITH THANKS!
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.


Return to USS Potemkin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron