Chicken and Wine

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

Chicken and Wine

Postby Kris » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Chicken and Wine
Jayla Rollands & Brice Marcel

How long had it been since Rollands had been to anything other than a working dinner with someone? Longer than she cared to admit. But all the same, Jayla was going to make the most of it. There was someone who was actually interested in her coming to dinner. Whether it was actually meant to be a date, she wasn’t sure (though the fact that Brice had blushed had made her think that it was.) The last time she’d been on a date had been years ago, more years that she even wanted to think back on.

The issue was, she realized as she stood in front of her wardrobe, that she didn’t know what would be considered overdressed. At the same time, she didn’t want to be underdressed either. Her normal outfits consisted of either her uniform or pajamas. Of course, that didn’t include her gym outfits, but those weren’t for dinner dates. In the end, she decided on a nice simple green outfit that hadn’t been worn in quite a while, and she was amazed that it still fit her.

After doing her hair up a bit and putting on a tiny bit of makeup for the first time in a long time, Jayla realized that she was going to be late if she spent any more time worrying about her appearance. After all, it had been in the gym where he had seen her the first time and actually talked to her. One final mirror check and she decided that she looked good enough to head out.

There were many heads that turned and did a double check to see if who they’d thought was walking down the corridor actually was. It was not often that Jayla was seen outside of her quarters in anything but her uniform. She didn’t think that a change in appearance would cause that many people to look at her. Perhaps it was something she should have done quite a while ago and never thought to do it. Shrugging off all the looks, she soon ended up at the door of the person who’d asked her to dinner in the first place, Brice Marcel.

It took a moment for her to actually press the chime on the door, mostly due to being nervous. Since when was she ever nervous about things? A startled sounding voice on the other side of the door answered the chime, “come in!”

Opening up the door, Jayla looked around inside for a moment before looking for Brice. He seemed busy cooking whatever it was that he was making them for dinner. “I’m sorry dinner isn’t ready yet,” he stated from the kitchen area, “I got caught up in trying to figure out what you’d like.”

She just shook her head, “I don’t mind waiting a bit. I got caught up before coming here anyway. You take your time, but it smells delicious.” Again, he blushed as he was complimented, “Feel free to look around or make yourself comfortable. It shouldn’t be too much longer.”

After taking a moment to look around, she instead went over to the kitchen area. “I’m sure I can look around later, do you need some help in here?”

A bit taken back by the offer, he shrugged, “I suppose, but not so much with the cooking. Only has a minute or two left. I hate to ask, but think you could finish setting up the table? I’d do it myself but I need to make sure that this doesn't burn."

"I don't mind, let the chef stay in the kitchen. Looks like you were mostly done anyway," Jayla stated as she gathered up what was left and began to finish up the table. It was then that she saw the wine sitting nearby and raised an eyebrow slightly. "You have heard what happens when I drink to much, haven't you" she asked, nodding to the wine.
Checking the flavor of the food, Brice shook his head, "if you'd rather us not have the wine, I'd understand. But it compliments the meal rather well. I'm sure we can find something else to go with it." He pulled the food off the stove and smiled. "I think it is ready."

Thinking for a moment, and smelling the food, she shrugged. "As long as I don't have too much we should be alright. I'm not going to argue if it compliments the meal.” She took the wine and set it on the table as well as he brought over the dinner.

As Brice placed the food onto the plates, he glanced to her, “I hope you don’t mind chicken and rice. Granted, there’s more to it than just that. It’s sauteed lemon garlic chicken, white rice, broccoli, and the wine is…”

“Pinot noir. You’re right, it does compliment it. I may not be the best person to just sit and drink with, but I do know my wines.”

Chuckling, he presented the plates and pulled out her chair, “There you go. I was always told to be as much of a gentleman as I can be.” After Jayla sat, he took the wine and managed to get it opened rather easily, and then poured it into the glasses next to the filled water glasses that were already there before taking his own seat.

Looking at the spread, she smiled, “You really didn’t have to go to all this trouble, Brice. But it looks absolutely amazing. I bet it tastes as good as it looks.”

It didn’t take long for the both of them to start digging in. The conversation would be considered rather dull by most people, but for two just getting to know each other, it was actually a rather engaging conversation. They learned about each others past on board the Potemkin, what they both studied at the Academy, bits about their family (a subject Jayla was rather sore about, but Brice didn’t push it), and quite a few other things.

Once the meal head finished, both of them had taken to sitting on the standard loveseat that Brice’s quarters, sipping the wine that was still left in their glasses as well as what was left in the bottle.

“Well, this bottle is nearly empty, Jayla,” Brice stated as he poured the last bits into both of their glasses. He’d become comfortable over the course of the evening calling her by her name and not Rollands or ma’am or Commander. “It seemed you enjoyed the meal. What about the rest of the evening?”

Taking a sip of the wine, Jayla was amazed that she only felt a small effect from it instead of the usual one-glass-of-wine-and-done. Lowering down the glass, she nodded. “The rest of the evening has been more enjoyable than I have had in quite some time, Brice. You made an amazing meal, and you’re surprisingly easy to talk too. It isn’t often that I just talk without clamming up.”

Taking his own sip of the wine, he smiled, looking a bit more at ease then he was when the evening started. “I’m glad to hear that. I haven’t had anyone to talk to in quite some time. Normally it is whoever I run across in the October Lounge, and that normally means Jim. He’s a good listener and all but, only so much you can actually tell him.”

“Isn’t that the truth,” smirked Jayla. “It is nights like this that I wish could last even longer than time is allowing us.”

“But,” spoke up Brice, “we both have early mornings tomorrow, don’t we? Those times when you wish the clocks would stop.”

They both placed their empty glasses down on the table and he lead her towards the door. “I do hope we can do this again when we get a chance. With both our schedules and the missions lately…”

Jayla cut him off, “We will find time to do this again, Brice, don’t worry.”

Before she left, whether it was the wine or just because he was feeling daring, he gave her a small kiss on her cheek. “Enjoy the rest of your night, Jayla.”
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Return to USS Potemkin