Sim Log: The Elements of Time.

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

Sim Log: The Elements of Time.

Postby Tavey » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:04 am

19:14:27] <@CmdrArnet> ATTENTION ON DECK!
[19:14:28] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::AA::
[19:14:29] <+LtJgRicker> (( I remember in Twister when the tornado uplifted a cow...))
[19:14:30] <+DrCeja> ::AA::
[19:14:31] <+LtJgRicker> ::AA::
[19:14:33] <+LtJgGrimm> ::AA::
[19:14:37] <+praxjarvin> ::AA::
[19:14:37] <+LtBlackburn> ::AA::
[19:14:41] -!- praxjarvin is now known as FstLtAklar
[19:14:44] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::AA::
[19:14:51] <~AdmWarp> Hey everybody, and welcome to another exciting episode of Star Trek: Potemkin!
[19:14:53] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::AA::
[19:15:15] <~AdmWarp> I hope we've left you cheery and optimistic after our discussion of tornadoes. ;) I'll leave the weather subject off with that.
[19:15:56] <+FstLtRayus> ::AA::
[19:15:58] <~AdmWarp> We'll get straight down to business. Tonight's plot is brought to you by...
[19:15:59] <~AdmWarp> CEJA!
[19:16:15] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Gasp::
[19:16:21] <+Cmdr_Jordan> WOOT!
[19:16:21] <~AdmWarp> Her teaser has me quite intrigued.
[19:16:33] <~AdmWarp> And for the record, I have no idea what's going to happen, so I'm along for the ride just as you are!
[19:16:49] <~AdmWarp> Doctor C, take it away!
[19:16:51] <+DrCeja> Aww, thank you.
[19:16:55] <@CmdrArnet> But, mon capitaine, don't you know all?
[19:17:15] <+DrCeja> Sim: The Elements of Time
[19:17:23] <+DrCeja> By Ceja
[19:17:30] <+DrCeja> Stardate: 67368.2 (May 15th, 2390 at 0900)
[19:18:46] <+DrCeja> The Potemkin has been sent on a routine trip to check in with outlying colonies that are in more or less a straight line, thus making it easy to check in once a year. At this time, The Potemkin is travelling between colonies.
[19:19:04] <+DrCeja> As the sim opens...
[19:19:29] <+DrCeja> The lower decks have suddenly stopped communicating, and the turbo lift has stopped working. Internal sensors show decks two and above are the only ones in existence.
[19:19:54] <+DrCeja> What sensors still work show that though the ship is still apparently moving there's nothing outside the ship at all. It is as if something, or someone, has carved a chunk out of the ship itself.
[19:20:23] <+DrCeja> Positions:
[19:20:34] <+Cmdr_Jordan> 4.2
[19:20:40] <+DrCeja> All are on the bridge.
[19:20:47] <+DrCeja> (Good to go Boss)
[19:21:37] <~AdmWarp> Any questions?
[19:21:37] <@CmdrArnet> ::coughs - ask for questions - coughs::
[19:21:47] <+DrCeja> Oh yes.. that. Any questions..
[19:21:50] <+LtCmdrRollands> No questions here
[19:22:07] <+LtJgGrimm> Nope
[19:22:07] <@CmdrArnet> No, ma'am
[19:22:09] <+FstLtRayus> None currently
[19:22:24] <~AdmWarp> Let us see what Ceja has in store, then!
[19:22:26] <~AdmWarp> Arnet... PUNCH IT!
[19:22:33] <@CmdrArnet> BEGIN THY SIMMING!
[19:22:59] <+DrCeja> ::Tries again to contact Sickbay::
[19:23:04] <~AdmWarp> ::Continues what he was saying earlier:: ... need to figure out what's going on here.
[19:23:09] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Stares at the console in front of her:: That just doesn't make any sense, none at all.
[19:23:18] <@CmdrArnet> ::comes round to Blackburn:: What is the possibilty that this is just some massive sensor glitch?
[19:23:25] <+FstLtAklar> ::Drogan was furiously switching between his sensor screens.::
[19:23:35] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Sits at her console, reviewing everything she has available to her:: Doubtful. I ran a diagnostic on the sensors already
[19:23:37] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She had just taken a sip of her cocoa. It had a calming effect for her. She swore by it. Tea just couldn't work like that with her.:: So, I take it opening up the hatch and looking down a Jeffries' tube would not be advisable at this time?
[19:23:42] <+LtJgRicker> :: Is furiously hitting buttons on the helm console:: I wish I could tell anything about where we are going!
[19:23:44] <+DrCeja> Nothing.
[19:23:45] <+LtBlackburn> ::is trying desperately to contact engineering:: None sir.... I cant even find the main computer core!
[19:24:04] <+DrCeja> Life signs are down to.. us..
[19:24:08] <+LtCmdrRollands> It won't help, Drogan. I've gone through every scan that the computer would know. ::Pinches the bridge of her nose::
[19:24:11] <~AdmWarp> Melina, what about other systems? The EPS grid, environmental controls, waste extraction -- anything?
[19:24:29] <+FstLtRayus> :: Is sitting at Tactical thinking :: Can we not pry the turbolift open, crawl down there, and see whats going on?
[19:24:37] <+FstLtAklar> Yes, but I'm me.
[19:24:41] <@CmdrArnet> ::chews the inside of his cheek:: How could this happen?
[19:24:50] <+LtBlackburn> The only computers left are in the bridge and deck two...
[19:24:59] <+DrCeja> ACTION: THERE IS THE SOUND OF A DOORBELL.
[19:25:01] <+LtJgGrimm> I suppose we probably could
[19:25:07] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She winked at Rayus:: 'bout the same as the Jeffries' tube idea.
[19:25:07] <+LtCmdrMelina> Checking on them now, sir. ::Taps her console furiously:: I'm not getting any results when it comes to the EPS grid, environmental controls, or even the wast reclamation system
[19:25:11] <~AdmWarp> Go, Rayu -- ::Stops at the sound::
[19:25:11] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Rolls her eyes slightly:: Let's run them again, check the old scans from before...what that a doorbell?
[19:25:17] <@CmdrArnet> ::Looks up:: That's new. ::looks around:: Is that a good sound or a bad sound?
[19:25:26] <+LtBlackburn> My only suggestion is to come to a full stop, put on some EVA suits, and take a peak outside.3
[19:25:38] <+LtCmdrMelina> It's almost as if nothing below deck 2 exists ::Has a worried tone in her voice because of the twins::
[19:25:44] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She raised a brow at the sound of a bell:: Avon calling?
[19:25:45] <+LtBlackburn> A.... doorbell?
[19:25:48] <+LtJgRicker> :: Hears the bell:: What the bleepity bleep?
[19:25:49] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks around, trying to see where the sound came from ::
[19:25:50] <~AdmWarp> ::Puzzles at the sound for a moment, then tries something on a lark:: ... Enter?
[19:26:03] <+DrCeja> ACTION: THE DOORBELL RINGS AGAIN. IT SEEMS TO BE FROM THE READY ROOM.
[19:26:09] <@CmdrArnet> ::Looks at Warp:: That's your first inclination?
[19:26:09] <+DrCeja> What?
[19:26:15] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Hears the bell also:: Well, at least their courteous, ringing the bell like that
[19:26:19] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Spins towards Warp as he tells whoever it is that is ringing the doorbell to enter and raises an eyebrow::
[19:26:24] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Arnet :: Not a bad inclination.
[19:26:32] <@CmdrArnet> ::comes down by Warp:: Did you have a new system installed in your ready room?
[19:27:06] <+FstLtAklar> Isn't someone going to answer that bell?
[19:27:16] <+Cmdr_Jordan> For whom the bell tolls... ::She took another sip, waiting::
[19:27:17] <~AdmWarp> No, not to my knowledge. ::Shoots Blackburn a curious glances as he crosses to the door::
[19:27:39] -!- DrCeja is now known as Sapphire
[19:27:45] -!- CmdrArnet is now known as Steel
[19:27:57] <+FstLtRayus> :: Stands up :: Anyone mind if I go answer the door?
[19:28:11] <+LtCmdrRollands> It's Warp's ready room, better let him do it.
[19:28:12] <@Steel> Arnet> The Admiral has beat you to that punch, Lieutenant.
[19:28:19] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE DOOR SLIDES TO ONE SIDE AND TWO PEOPLE ENTER. A MAN AND A WOMAN.
[19:28:27] <+LtBlackburn> ::shrugs and shoots an "I dont know" look at Warp::
[19:28:38] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Looks over to the two new people on the bridge::
[19:28:49] <~AdmWarp> ::Raises an eyebrow, then furrows his brow:: Who are you, and how did you get aboard my ship?
[19:28:55] <+LtJgRicker> :: Sees the two intruders and jumps up reaching for the hidden weapons compartment on his console in the same motion::
[19:28:59] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow:: What the...?
[19:29:01] <+Sapphire> Hello. ::Walks into the bridge, appearing to look through each of them in turn.::
[19:29:13] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Pulls a phaser, training it on the new arrivals::
[19:29:13] <+FstLtAklar> Well, we're off to a good start now.
[19:29:13] <@Steel> ::ignores Warp as he steps onto the bridge, looking around.::
[19:29:19] <+LtBlackburn> ::is confused and uses whats left of the sensors to try and detect transporter signals or something of the like::
[19:29:34] <+Cmdr_Jordan> No intruder alert notification either...
[19:29:46] <+LtCmdrRollands> So how did they get on board, into that room no less?
[19:29:47] <+Sapphire> ACTION: SHE IS DRESSED IN A LONG FLOWING BLUE DRESS. HE IS IN A DARK GREY BUSINESS SUIT.
[19:30:05] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::she eyed them both over her mug::
[19:30:07] <@Steel> ::looks over to Sapphire:: Is it here?
[19:30:16] <~AdmWarp> ::Frowns:: Grimm, Rayus...
[19:30:16] <+FstLtRayus> :: Doesnt pull his weapon at the moment, not sure that action is appropriate ::
[19:30:26] <+LtBlackburn> Twentyfirst century formal wear? Fascinating.
[19:30:28] <+Sapphire> ::Trails fingers along the wall.:: It has been, and still is.
[19:30:32] <~AdmWarp> ::Raises his voice:: Excuse me. Who are you, and how did you come to be aboard my ship?
[19:31:01] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks over at Warp :: I dont know what you want me to do, Sir. I could try shooting them, but that seems unnecessisary at this point.
[19:31:08] <@Steel> ::looks at Warp, addresses Sapphire:: You talk with him. ::continues wandering around the bridge::
[19:31:17] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Walks over to the suited man warily:: Care to explain your presence here?
[19:31:31] <+Sapphire> ::Walks over to Warp:: Hello. My name is Sapphire. My friend here is Steel.
[19:31:40] <+Sapphire> And you are?
[19:31:40] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Watches the two, eyeing the sensors as well to see if anything was there::
[19:31:43] <@Steel> ::to Grimm:: No, I shouldn't think so. ::moves around him, looking at the layout of the bridge.
[19:32:01] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Turns around:: It wasn't really a question
[19:32:04] -!- LtJgKellen [~Kellen@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.tulsok.sbcglobal.net] has joined #uss-potemkin
[19:32:05] <~AdmWarp> All right -- that covers the first question.
[19:32:12] <~AdmWarp> <<Hey Kellen!>>
[19:32:16] <@Steel> And yet my answer remains the same.
[19:32:24] <+FstLtAklar> ::Drogan pulled out his tricorder, brandishing it wildly.:: Hmmm...
[19:32:30] < LtJgKellen> ((sorry was cooking))
[19:32:42] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Got beat to the tricorder by Aklar:: <w> Anything?
[19:32:52] <@Steel> ::regards Aklar's tricorder with amusement and contempt and keeps looking::
[19:33:02] <+LtJgGrimm> It's not very polite for a visitor to brush off his host as you are...no manners where you're from?
[19:33:31] <+FstLtAklar> ::He arched a brow at the grey-suited figure.::
[19:33:40] -!- mode/#uss-potemkin [+v LtJgKellen] by AdmWarp
[19:33:47] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: Deal with them, please.
[19:33:48] <+FstLtAklar> Interphasic readings.
[19:33:49] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::she paused as she watched them. She could...sense it. The background noise. But that's all it was...but they were talking to each other telepathically::
[19:33:58] <+FstLtAklar> Very, very odd. Very, very dangerous. But very, very odd all the same.
[19:33:58] <+Sapphire> You're interesting.
[19:34:00] <~AdmWarp> ::Shoots Aklar a glance:: Interphasic?
[19:34:16] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Frowns:: Why doesn't that surprise me...::Grabs her own tricorder and does the same scans::
[19:34:17] <@Steel> A crude description, but accurate according to your understanding.
[19:34:20] <+FstLtAklar> Indeed. They're here and not here at the same time.
[19:34:24] <+Sapphire> ::Seems to look through Warp.:: It could be any of them.
[19:34:34] <@Steel> What are you sensing?
[19:34:41] <+FstLtAklar> Why is everyone calling me crude all of a sudden?
[19:34:51] <+Sapphire> ::Walks away from Warp, and to each member in turn.::
[19:34:52] <~AdmWarp> ::Nods, then turns to Sapphire:: Why are you here?
[19:34:58] <@Steel> Arnet> Even interphasic beings can sense it, I guess, Mr. Aklar
[19:35:05] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks at the ships guests, not entirely sure what to make of them, or himself what to do. ::
[19:35:11] <~AdmWarp> ::Raises his voice slightly as she walks away nonchalantly:: And what have you done with the rest of my ship?
[19:35:12] <+LtCmdrRollands> Apparently they think that whatever we are doing is crude.
[19:35:13] <@Steel> Arnet> ::as he is examined:: Err ... hullo?
[19:35:15] <+Sapphire> Ceja> Watches the intruders quietly, trying to get her own readings from them.
[19:35:19] <@Steel> Done? Nothing.
[19:35:33] <@Steel> Why would we have done anything to your little ship?
[19:35:34] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks down at Sapphire as she passes, not giving much of a reaction to her glances::
[19:35:37] <+Sapphire> Steel, Any one of them could have caused it.
[19:35:48] <@Steel> Any one of them? Or all of them together?
[19:36:01] <~AdmWarp> Moments before your arrival, we lost all contact -- sensor and otherwise -- with the rest of the ship.
[19:36:01] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Eyes Sapphire as she goes by:: Could have caused what?
[19:36:03] <+Sapphire> ::Smiles slightly at Blackburn:: Tell me, what do you know of this ship.
[19:36:17] <@Steel> Yes, we know.
[19:36:19] <~AdmWarp> Now, correlation is not necessarily causation, but the odds that you are somehow involved are quite high.
[19:36:39] <+FstLtRayus> :: Raises his hand :: Caused what? I tend to cause a lot of things to happen.
[19:36:50] <@Steel> In this case correlation is causation, but we are not "involved" as you put it.
[19:36:54] <+LtBlackburn> ::thinking its a trick question:: Im the chief engineer. Its my duty to know everything about this ship.
[19:36:57] <+Sapphire> ::To Steel:: All of them. Though.. not all of them were here when it happened.
[19:37:07] <@Steel> Hmm ... yes
[19:37:18] <+Sapphire> ::To Blackburn:: Then tell me what you know of the ship. Now.
[19:37:26] <+LtJgRicker> :: Looks the woman up and down as she examines Blackburn:: I think Im about to cause something to happen.
[19:37:32] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow:: If perhaps you explained what it is you are speaking about, we might be able to help you.
[19:37:37] <+LtJgKellen> ::Looks to Blackburn::
[19:37:52] <+FstLtAklar> Well, they couldn't have picked a less helpful person to ask.
[19:37:52] <+Sapphire> ::Walks to Aklar:: This one.. and.. ::Points to Ceja:: That one were.. ::Points to the area in front of the Captains Chair:: Were there when it happened.
[19:38:04] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Listens carefully and looks at Sapphire:: I can assure you that Lt Blackburn does know everything about the ship, but there are some things he cannot reveal about its operation for security reasons
[19:38:09] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: How long ago?
[19:38:10] <+FstLtAklar> ::He arched a brow.:: Oh?
[19:38:14] <~AdmWarp> I don't take kindly to other people giving orders on my bridge. You need to leave, and restore the ship to the way it was.
[19:38:31] <@Steel> ::to Warp:: And what do you think we are doing?
[19:38:41] <~AdmWarp> ::Narrows his eyes:: Clearly not leaving.
[19:38:49] <+LtBlackburn> What I know is that according to all sensors, there are only two decks on this ship, we have no engines, no warp core, and no computers or any other systems besides those on the bridge and deck two.
[19:38:51] <+Sapphire> ::To Aklar:: Yes.
[19:39:04] <+FstLtAklar> And what exactly were we present for?
[19:39:17] <+Sapphire> Ceja: What do you mean?
[19:39:38] <+Sapphire> Two decks, and there are usually how many?
[19:39:40] <+LtCmdrRollands> You seem to know things about some event and where we all were for it, or weren't for that matter. Care to share what it was?
[19:40:09] <@Steel> ::to Warp:: What is your name?
[19:40:31] <+FstLtAklar> Fifteen decks.
[19:40:31] <~AdmWarp> I'm Admiral Warp of the United Space Federation.
[19:40:37] <+Sapphire> ::To Rollands:: Something tore time here. Unless we can fix it, you will all die.
[19:40:53] <@Steel> Of course, Admiral.
[19:41:05] <+Sapphire> ::Stares at Steel, as if she is communicating with him in some manner that only they share.::
[19:41:05] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Sapphire :: Death. Is that all?
[19:41:09] <+LtCmdrRollands> A tear in time? Oh that's just lovely. ::Grumbles under her breath::
[19:41:24] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks to Rayus:: If we're gonna die, can't we just go the old-fashioned way...like getting shot or something more mundane?
[19:41:28] <+LtJgRicker> :: Is shocked by the womans matter of fact delivery more than the news she delivered::
[19:41:45] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She was mostly listening..really trying to pick up the talk that no one else could hear. But she wasn't doing well::
[19:41:57] <@Steel> ::nods to Sapphire:
[19:42:04] <@Steel> Admiral, what happened 5 months ago?
[19:42:04] <+LtBlackburn> Not another time problem.... Dont we have enough of those?
[19:42:39] <@Steel> Another time problem?
[19:42:49] <+FstLtRayus> :: Smirks at Grimm :: Dont worry, man. I will kill you myself if it comes down to it.
[19:42:56] <+Sapphire> ACTION: A SHADOW APPEARS AT THE VERY EDGE OF THE MAIN SCREEN.
[19:43:00] <+Sapphire> Steel!
[19:43:07] <@Steel> ::turns around:: Everyone back!
[19:43:09] <+LtBlackburn> We run into temporal difficulties on a way too often basis.
[19:43:12] <+LtJgKellen> ::To Blackburn:: I'm sorry i slep in Sir.
[19:43:14] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Chuckles:: Thanks I guess...I'll return the favor if necessary
[19:43:19] <+Sapphire> ::Turns towards the shadow, and steps towards it.::
[19:43:23] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Looks at the shadow outside on the edge of the screen:: What is that?
[19:43:27] <~AdmWarp> A number of things. We visited the Mi'Anaka, notably.
[19:43:31] <@Steel> It is here.
[19:43:34] <+LtBlackburn> ::to kellen:: How did you get up to the bridge?
[19:43:40] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Catches the shadow on the screen and tries to get a scan with her tricorder:: What is here?
[19:43:49] <@Steel> You wouldn't understand
[19:44:01] <+Sapphire> Ceja: ::Moves away slowly:: That's not normal.
[19:44:02] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow:: Oh?
[19:44:19] <+Sapphire> Tell me, how many decks are there on the ship now?
[19:44:23] <@Steel> ::takes a step closer to the shadow, observing::
[19:44:24] <+LtJgKellen> ::To Blackburn:: not sure...
[19:44:30] <~AdmWarp> ::Watching the shadow with the same concern as the rest:: What's causing that?
[19:44:42] <@Steel> It is causing it, Admiral.
[19:44:44] <+FstLtRayus> :: Stares at this shawdow thing :: Am I having a stroke?
[19:44:46] <+Sapphire> ::Raises her head and stares at the shadow, her eyes glowing blue for a moment.:: It is consuming. Hungry.
[19:44:59] <@Steel> Alive?
[19:44:59] <+LtBlackburn> :: slowly turns back to his screen to answer Saphire's question::
[19:45:01] <+FstLtAklar> And I thought Mr. Crusher was esoteric.
[19:45:02] <+LtJgGrimm> Not unless everybody else is too
[19:45:29] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE SHADOW SEEMS TO MOVE SLOWLY FORWARD, THE EDGES OF THE MAIN SCREEN BEGIN TO DISAPPEAR.
[19:45:29] <+LtCmdrRollands> I'd rather deal with Mr. Crusher I think at this point. At least he gives us some idea of what is going on.
[19:45:38] <+FstLtRayus> :: Nods :: Good, at least I know that I am not the only one here who is crazy.
[19:45:47] <~AdmWarp> Something can't be its own cause and effect. That would be a Bootstrap Paradox, and to my knowledge, none has ever been encountered.
[19:46:05] <+LtBlackburn> Holy ...... ::hurries to erect emergency force fields::
[19:46:09] <+Sapphire> ::To Warp:: You know this ship better than anyone else, yes?
[19:46:09] <~AdmWarp> ::Takes a step back as the viewscreen begins to vanish::
[19:46:11] <@Steel> I don't have time to explain this to you. I don't believe I could.
[19:46:14] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Shuts her tricorder:: Other than whatever that is touching seeming to vanish...::Turns to Blackburn:: What?
[19:46:18] <~AdmWarp> Yes.
[19:46:28] <+Sapphire> How new is this ship?
[19:46:37] <+FstLtAklar> You could try. It wouldn't be that hard.
[19:46:38] <@Steel> Those force fields won't hold it long, if at all
[19:46:42] <+LtJgKellen> How do we have power, and life support, with out the rest of the ship
[19:46:44] <+LtJgKellen> ?
[19:46:49] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Watches what is happening and then glances back to Rayus:: This isn't good
[19:46:54] <+LtJgRicker> :: Notices his proximity to the disappearing part of the ship and back away quickly::
[19:47:01] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Kellen :: Aliens. Thats how. Aliens is the answer.
[19:47:03] <~AdmWarp> Roughly 14 years.
[19:47:17] <+Sapphire> Ceja> ::To the room:: There are no decks above this one now. None of the auxillary levels.. they're all gone.. ::Looks up from the console she was sitting at.::
[19:47:31] <~AdmWarp> Which is to say -- ::takes another step back:: -- not new, but still relatively young.
[19:47:32] <@Steel> ::comes up to the edges of the forcefield:: Hungry and consuming ... the question is, what started your appetite?
[19:47:51] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Snaps head to Ceja:: Just us, nothing else? How...
[19:48:00] <+Sapphire> ::To Warp:: Fourteen years. Is it all original?
[19:48:09] <+FstLtAklar> Actually, the presence of our guests here might provide a clue as to how we have power.
[19:48:12] <+Sapphire> Ceja> ::To Rollo:: None. I feel sick.
[19:48:20] <~AdmWarp> No. The bridge in particular tends to be replaced fairly frequently.
[19:48:28] <@Steel> ::looks back to Aklar:: And how do you figure that?
[19:48:28] <+LtJgKellen> ::to Rayus:: I'm not even going down that raod Rev.
[19:48:35] <+LtBlackburn> :: shoving every scrap of power he can into the forcefields in order to protect the crew::
[19:48:43] <+LtCmdrRollands> I understand the feeling...::Falls back into her chair a bit::
[19:48:46] <+Sapphire> That would explain how it has not been able to .. consume you yet.
[19:48:59] <+LtBlackburn> Plus the refit Admiral.
[19:49:04] <+FstLtAklar> If we're in stome type of interphasic window, there is a predcent in various logs Federation experiments and accidents, of power being able to pass through interphase. It's how phasic cloaks operate.
[19:49:07] <+Sapphire> ::Stares at Warp:: Though.. you have your own history with time, do you not?
[19:49:32] <@Steel> ::gives a small smile and condescending chortle at Aklar's explanation and moves on::
[19:49:39] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Rubs his temples, remembering that he hated anything temporal::
[19:49:42] <~AdmWarp> The ship has had a few misadventur... Oh. I -- yes, somewhat.
[19:49:45] <+LtCmdrRollands> He seems to think you are funny, Aklar.
[19:49:58] <@Steel> ::looks at Sapphire:: Is it them?
[19:50:12] <+Sapphire> ACTION: WITH A FIZZLE AND SNAP OF POWER, THE SHADOW SINKS THROUGH THE FORCEFIELD.
[19:50:27] <+LtCmdrRollands> It was worth a try, Blackburn.
[19:50:30] <+FstLtAklar> The pretense of intelligence is acting intelligent and saying nothing, My dear Commander Rollands.
[19:50:41] <+Sapphire> ::Nods to Warp:: Yes. You are.. an anomoly. You are all.. anomolies in this time.
[19:50:44] <+LtBlackburn> ::curses rather loudly and violently:: Doomed....
[19:50:58] <+Sapphire> ::To Steel:: One moment.
[19:51:12] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Nods:: True. ::Eyes Sapphire:: An anomoly?
[19:51:15] <@Steel> ::sees the shadow encroaching:: One moment. We do not have that many to spare.
[19:51:22] <+Sapphire> ::Steps away from everyone and stares at the walls of the ship itself. As she does so, her eyes glow blue::
[19:51:27] <~AdmWarp> ::Suddenly acutely aware of his multi-hued eyes:: This is our time, and our place. We've taken care to restore it on more than one occasion.
[19:51:46] <@Steel> ::to Warp:: Restore it?
[19:51:58] <+FstLtAklar> ::He had a horrid thought.:: This does reek of Cervanny.
[19:52:14] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Eyes Aklar:: Don't mention that...please...
[19:52:27] <~AdmWarp> We've encountered temporal phenomena -- and beings.
[19:52:37] <+Sapphire> Ceja> Oh I hope not. Cervanny needs to have peace..
[19:52:50] <~AdmWarp> The aforementioned Nicole Cervanny is only one. Cato, Crusher...
[19:52:51] <+LtBlackburn> ::thinking of the names:: Excuse me, do either of you recognize a shape shifting entity that calls herself "Green"
[19:52:54] <+Sapphire> Steel, they are here. There is something.. old.. on this ship.
[19:52:56] <~AdmWarp> <q> They're all C's, aren't they?
[19:53:03] <@Steel> ::looks at Warp:: What's old on this ship?
[19:53:06] <+FstLtAklar> ::He tired hard not to roll his eyes at Ceja's sympathy for Cervanny.::
[19:53:20] <+LtBlackburn> Aklar is old....
[19:53:32] <@Steel> You say this ship has been restored, but there is something here that is old.
[19:53:36] -!- Cmdr_Jordan [Cmdr_Jorda@MagicStar-EF0C5172.sw.res.rr.com] has quit [Disintegrated: ]
[19:53:38] <~AdmWarp> As is Mister Rayus, but I don't think that's what they're looking for, Lieutenant.
[19:53:40] <+Sapphire> ::To Blackburn:: That name is not familiar to us.
[19:53:41] <+FstLtRayus> :: Raises his hand :: Im pretty old, by most people's standards.
[19:53:48] <+FstLtAklar> It's me.
[19:54:06] <@Steel> ::looks at Sapphire:: Is it him?
[19:54:08] <+Sapphire> ::To Aklar:: Yes. And some of your selves are older than that. You too are .. interesting to time.
[19:54:11] <+LtCmdrRollands> They must not be looking for you if they don't know the name. Must be something not someone...
[19:54:28] <+Sapphire> ::Walks over to Aklar, and touches his shoulder::
[19:54:30] -!- Dr_Novar [~milotora@9A9BE6C1.6ABC36A4.58C1EF72.IP] has joined #uss-potemkin
[19:54:30] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Thinks:: It seems like there might be a pattern
[19:54:44] <~AdmWarp> Old... The ship's keel must be 17 or 18 years old at this point... Yorick is rather aged at this point...
[19:54:44] <+FstLtAklar> ::He waggled his eyebrows at her.:: Hello there.
[19:54:51] <~AdmWarp> <<Hey Novar! Incoming PM.>>
[19:54:53] <@Steel> ::standing by Warp:: Yorick?
[19:55:04] <+LtCmdrRollands> They can't be looking for the skull, can they?
[19:55:11] <~AdmWarp> The skull of a long-dead humanoid.
[19:55:14] <+LtBlackburn> The cloaking device has been around for a while...
[19:55:20] < Dr_Novar> ((Sorry I'm late, been having net problems all day))
[19:55:29] <@Steel> Where is it?
[19:55:37] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE SHADOW APPEARS AT THE DOOR TO THE READY ROOM, SLOWLY MOVING ALONG THAT WALL TO JOIN WITH THE SHADOW COVERING THE MAIN SCREEN.
[19:55:45] <~AdmWarp> Main Engineering.
[19:55:50] <~AdmWarp> The cloaking device, that is.
[19:55:55] <+FstLtAklar> What pattern, Melina?
[19:55:58] <@Steel> The skull, Admiral!
[19:56:00] <~AdmWarp> Yorick is... Your office, Tom?
[19:56:09] <@Steel> Arnet> Right, on my desk
[19:56:19] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Eyes the shadow as it keeps traveling:: On a deck that doesn't exist anymore.
[19:56:44] <@Steel> We need to get to the lower decks
[19:56:47] <+FstLtAklar> The skull's in Arnet's office, which is just down the ramp.
[19:56:58] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: Could it be an old skull?
[19:57:07] <+LtCmdrRollands> Not even desk two exists if what Ceja said is accurate.
[19:57:10] <+Sapphire> ::To Aklar:: You are lucky. It is not you, and we will not have to.. take care of you.
[19:57:12] <+LtCmdrRollands> deck*
[19:57:22] <+Sapphire> ::To Steel:: Depending on the age, yes.
[19:57:32] <@Steel> We must get to it.
[19:57:42] <+LtCmdrMelina> All of those names of those who have manipulated time on us before . . . Crusher, Cato, and Cervaney. The all begin with the same letter. ::Pregnant pause:: What other species do we know all goes by the same name?
[19:57:43] <+FstLtAklar> Oh? That seems a shame. ::He grinned.::
[19:57:58] <+LtCmdrMelina> And could be capable of something like this
[19:58:32] <+Sapphire> ::Smiles at Aklar:: Yes, a shame indeed. Though I suspect that you would prefer this life over that.
[19:58:33] <+LtJgRicker> Catians...
[19:58:43] <~AdmWarp> ::Moves to the ramp and opens the doors::
[19:59:06] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE RAMP CURVING DOWN TO DECK TWO IS STILL THERE.
[19:59:13] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Watches Warp go towards the doors::
[19:59:20] <@Steel> Right. Come Sapphire.
[19:59:40] <+Sapphire> ::Turns to the others:: Anyone else coming for a walk?
[19:59:51] <+FstLtAklar> You seem to have this well in hand.
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Sim Log: The Elements of Time.

Postby Tavey » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:07 am

[20:00:05] <+LtBlackburn> ::is lost on what to do, so he stands to follow Sapphire::
[20:00:06] <+FstLtAklar> ::He plopped down in his chair and kicked his feet up on his console.:: Call us when you're done.
[20:00:19] <@Steel> Good. We need people who know the ship.
[20:00:20] <+Sapphire> ::Smiles and walks to the ramp:: is it this way?
[20:00:22] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Walks over to the other two::
[20:00:24] <~AdmWarp> ::Moves down the ramp, realizing after he was a third of the way down that a sidearm would have been advisable::
[20:00:34] <+LtJgGrimm> I'll go along
[20:00:42] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow at Sapphire:: What would make us want to come? ::Shrugs to herself and follows along::
[20:00:58] <+LtJgRicker> :: Scurries to follow the party down the ramp. He was otherwise bored anyway::
[20:01:00] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Grabs her tricorder as she goes to catch up with them::
[20:01:02] <+LtBlackburn> ::touches his twin pistols to check their presence and charge::
[20:01:06] <+Sapphire> Ceja: I'm going. Just in case they need help. ::Grabs her medkit and hurries after the others.::
[20:01:07] <@Steel> ::motions for Grimm to go with Warp:: The chance to save your ship?
[20:01:28] <+FstLtAklar> Don't tell me we're all going now? Field trip to Arnet's tiny office.
[20:01:44] <@Steel> Arnet> Spacious office. Spacious
[20:01:59] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Walks with Warp and looks back at Steel:: I'm doing my job
[20:02:07] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Doesn't get a response to her suggestion on the pattern, but stands up and follows just in case::
[20:02:10] <@Steel> ::moves down into the ramp:: Do not touch anything and do not interfere.
[20:02:12] <+Sapphire> ::Walks down the ramp, trailing her fingers along the wall. :: Steel, here is where the age of the ship changes.
[20:02:17] <+LtCmdrRollands> Tiny and spacious? ::Keeps her tricorder out and scanning::
[20:02:21] <@Steel> Older?
[20:02:38] <+FstLtAklar> ::He kicked his feet down and moved after the growing throng descedning the ramp.::
[20:02:42] <+FstLtRayus> :: Follows everyone else ::
[20:02:43] <+FstLtAklar> Oh... the Bridge module.
[20:02:50] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE SHADOW CONTINUES TO CREEP ACROSS THE BRIDGE. IT IS DENSE.. THERE IS NOTHING WITHIN IT.
[20:02:57] <@Steel> Arnet> If you think my office is tiny, you obviously haven't been called in for enough disciplinary action, Mr. Aklar.
[20:03:14] <+Sapphire> Newer to older, yes. Still not old enough.
[20:03:24] <~AdmWarp> ::Shoots Arnet and Aklar a "now is not the time" glance::
[20:03:30] <@Steel> ::nods::
[20:03:32] <+Sapphire> ::To Ceja:: You.. were there when time tore.
[20:03:32] <+LtCmdrRollands> Any idea how old we are looking for?
[20:03:40] <+Sapphire> Ceja: I was?
[20:04:05] <+LtBlackburn> :: suddenly stops, and turns to observe the shadow that was slowly devouring the bridge:: Hmmm...
[20:04:14] <+FstLtRayus> If my room was here, I have a few items in my posession that are more than five hundred years old.
[20:04:17] <~AdmWarp> ::Listens to the exchange with Ceja closely::
[20:04:27] <@Steel> A combination then? What happened to them and this object? Old things and the tears in time. Seasoning and garnish for it.
[20:04:49] <@Steel> ::follows the ramp going down to Deck 2::
[20:04:52] <+Sapphire> ::To Rollands:: Fifty two years, three months and two days.
[20:04:54] < Dr_Novar> ::Sits in a corner, quietly observing the others while he sipped his coffee. Temporal anomolies were outside of his pervue as a Doctor and civilain::
[20:04:57] <+FstLtRayus> Not really sure how any of that helps however.
[20:05:06] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow:: Extremely specific...
[20:05:06] <+Sapphire> Ceja> Explain please. What tear in time?
[20:05:19] <+Sapphire> ::To Rollands:: yes.
[20:05:24] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: Don't waste your time. You can't explain it.
[20:05:25] <+LtJgGrimm> Before my time, that's for sure
[20:05:29] <+LtBlackburn> ::approaches the shadow, strangely fascinated by it, like a fly to a bug zapper::
[20:05:36] <+FstLtAklar> Please, do explain, Patsy.
[20:05:41] <+Sapphire> ::To Ceja:: You and the one with many lives. Standing in front of the tear.
[20:05:43] <+LtCmdrRollands> Before pretty much all our time.
[20:05:56] <@Steel> :to Blackburn:: I said do not touch
[20:06:09] < Dr_Novar> ::To Blackburn:: I would stay away from that, Lieutenant...
[20:06:38] -!- mode/#uss-potemkin [+v Dr_Novar] by AdmWarp
[20:06:45] <+Sapphire> ACTION: IGNORING STEEL, SAPPHIRE RAISES HER HAND. UPON THE WALL, THERE IS THE IMAGE OF AKLAR AND CEJA STANDING HAND IN HAND BEFORE A BRILLIANT BLUE SWIRLING RIP THAT SEEMS TO BE PULLING THEM TOWARDS IT.
[20:06:47] <+Sapphire> This.
[20:07:06] <+FstLtAklar> ::He arched a brow.:: I don't remember that.
[20:07:12] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Eyes the image::
[20:07:14] <~AdmWarp> Great Cats...
[20:07:15] <@Steel> Of course you don't.
[20:07:22] <+Sapphire> Ceja> That never happened.
[20:07:28] <+FstLtAklar> I remember everything.
[20:07:39] <@Steel> Is tha what you believe?
[20:07:42] <+Sapphire> When this happened, they attached themselves to you.
[20:08:02] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Steps back a bit:: Strange
[20:08:06] <+FstLtAklar> Trill have super autobiographical recall.
[20:08:10] <+LtBlackburn> I dont plan on touching it... I just want to observe it. Please, don't let me keep you away from the action. ::whips out his tricorder:: Something is strangely familiar about this... ::getting a case of Deja Vu::
[20:08:11] <+LtCmdrRollands> They? Who is they?
[20:08:12] <+Sapphire> Ceja> No! This did not happen. I would have remembered. ::Touches her cheek softly::
[20:08:30] <+FstLtAklar> I can tell you what day it was when I had an egg salad sandwhich at Vincenzo's outside of Starfleet Academy in 2268.
[20:08:34] <+FstLtAklar> It was a Wednesday. And cold.
[20:08:43] <@Steel> Of course it happened, wether you remember it or not.
[20:08:47] <@Steel> That is why we are here.
[20:08:53] <+Sapphire> ACTION: ON THE BRIDGE, THE SHADOW IS GETTING CLOSER TO THE CHAIRS. THERE IS AN ODD WHISPERING SOUND AS IT MOVES.
[20:08:56] <~AdmWarp> It happened -- or it will happen?
[20:09:06] <+Sapphire> It happened. Five months ago.
[20:09:10] <+FstLtAklar> They. It. Shadows. Do you only operate on a vague setting.
[20:09:17] <+Sapphire> Ceja> ::To Aklar:: Drogan?
[20:09:26] <+FstLtAklar> ::He turned to Ceja.:: Yes?
[20:09:29] <+Sapphire> ::Walks down the ramp to the second deck::
[20:09:32] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Tries to remember what happened five months previous::
[20:09:42] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: This has been growing for five months?
[20:09:42] <+LtBlackburn> Wait a minute.... Kellen! Ricker! Get over here!!!
[20:09:48] <+Sapphire> Ceja> I don't remember that. Trust me.. I would have remembered that..
[20:09:59] <@Steel> ::points to Warp:: Admiral? The skull
[20:10:06] <~AdmWarp> Rollands, we need to scan this for residual chroniton flux.
[20:10:35] <+LtJgRicker> :: Turns his head then walks quickly to Blackburn:: You rang?
[20:10:36] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Hears her name and snaps herself out of her memory search and goes over to where they were and runs the scans::
[20:10:37] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE SHADOW MOVES CLOSER, IT SEEMS TO SENSE THOSE ON THE BRIDGE SOMEHOW.
[20:10:46] <+LtBlackburn> +Warp+ I just had a scary thought Warp
[20:11:06] <+Sapphire> We cannot be more specific. Though I'll try.
[20:11:20] <~AdmWarp> ::Tears himself away from the image on the wall:: Right this way.
[20:11:28] <~AdmWarp> +Blackburn+ What is it, Lieutenant?
[20:11:41] <+Sapphire> Steel and I.. fix time. ::To Steel:: That's as accurate as any explanation I can give.
[20:11:56] <+FstLtAklar> Oh, come now, Purdey, you can be more forthcoming than that.
[20:11:57] <@Steel> ::looks unhappy that she said anything at all::
[20:11:57] <+Sapphire> ::Waves her hand again, and the image vanishes::
[20:12:08] <+LtJgGrimm> A temporal mister and missus fix it...grand
[20:12:13] <+LtBlackburn> +Warp+ This has the stench of Chronitons all over it... and a certain feeling that is scarily familiar
[20:12:16] <+FstLtAklar> DTI? Temporal Affairs? Time Agents?
[20:12:39] <+Sapphire> ((Prax, brilliant))
[20:12:43] <~AdmWarp> +Blackburn+ I need the date we fired our last chroniton field torpedo, Lieutenant.
[20:12:47] <+LtBlackburn> ::to Kellen and Ricker:: Scan for chronitons... I need exact frequencies!
[20:12:49] <@Steel> They are 115 of us, 127 if you count the transuranic elements.
[20:12:52] <+Dr_Novar> ::He stood and moved towards the ramp. He didn't like the look of those shadows...::
[20:13:04] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Shakes head:: Nothing coming up as of yet on the scans.
[20:13:27] <+Sapphire> Ah, but we don't usually count the transuranics. They're.. tempermental.
[20:13:29] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks around and sighs, thankful that his sister was a scientist instead of he::
[20:13:36] <~AdmWarp> ::Stops at the door and comments to himself:: <q> This could only get stranger if Skinner or Gunman are on the other side.
[20:13:38] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: They're unstable
[20:13:44] <+Sapphire> ((Anyone on the bridge, please use [ ] ))
[20:14:10] <+LtBlackburn> +Warp+ Six months ago sir, but these signatures are scarily similar to residual traces of the chroniton fields my torpedoes might produce if they were highly energized.
[20:14:12] <@Steel> ::sees Warp stop:: It's in there.
[20:14:32] <+LtJgRicker> :: Nods his head:: Sure but with what?\\
[20:14:53] <+FstLtAklar> ::He arched a brow.:: Are you claiming to be anthropomorphized elements?
[20:15:40] <+Sapphire> ::Smiles at Aklar:: It is, for now, as good a description as any.
[20:15:44] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Lowers her tricorder slightly:: Far as I can see...it's safe to go through.
[20:15:45] <@Steel> I would be more concerned with your situation than who we are. You are drowning in time. Without knowing it, the water is getting above your head.
[20:15:59] <@Steel> ACTION> THE DOOR OPENS, REVEALING ARNET'S OFFICE
[20:16:08] <+Sapphire> ::Turns her head sharply, looking above them::
[20:16:43] <+Sapphire> Steel!
[20:16:47] <+LtBlackburn> Tricorders, internal sensors, anything Luc! ::is getting a scared look about him::
[20:17:01] -!- FstLtRayus [~Reven@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.tulsok.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Disintegrated: Leaving]
[20:17:28] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Glances into Arnet's office:: Still in one piece it seems.
[20:17:38] <+LtJgRicker> :: Starts walking toward a console but is still pretty confused:: I thought we didnt have any internal sensors. I dont have a tricorder on me.
[20:17:40] <@Steel> Arnet> Not quite!
[20:17:43] <+Sapphire> ::Moves towards the ramp quickly:: It's moving.. Quickly.
[20:17:48] <+LtBlackburn> <q> My God... what have I wrought?
[20:18:00] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks over to Arnet then back into the office::
[20:18:03] <+FstLtAklar> :::He peered over the other's shoulders.:: I've seen bigger.
[20:18:08] <@Steel> ACTION> LOOKING UP PEOPLE SEE - NOTHING. THE DECK ABOVE THEM IS GONE!
[20:18:22] <@Steel> ACTION> THE SHADOW HAS CONSUMED ALL OF DECK 1
[20:18:26] <~AdmWarp> ::Follows Sapphire and Steel at a brisk pace::
[20:18:28] <+Dr_Novar> ::Steps out of Sapphire's way, almost spilling his coffee::
[20:18:40] <@Steel> ::calls out to Rollands:: Get the skull!
[20:18:41] <+Dr_Novar> <w>Oh dear...
[20:18:45] <+LtBlackburn> ((does that mean the bridge people are gone too?))
[20:19:00] <@Steel> ((No one remained on the bridge))
[20:19:01] <+Sapphire> ::Walks up the ramp for a few feet:: It is here. They are here.
[20:19:08] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks up and takes a step back, unable to believe what she was seeing, then looks to Steel:: The skull? ::Turns to Arnet:: On the desk?
[20:19:22] <+LtBlackburn> ((ricker, kellen and I were))
[20:19:24] <@Steel> Arnet> What? Yes, the piece of bone right there
[20:19:37] <@Steel> ((Sorry, when you were asked to change your nicks to indicate you were there, no one did))
[20:19:38] <+Sapphire> ::As she walks, she suddenly seems to change clothing - a starfleet uniform from 2330::
[20:19:45] <@Steel> Sapphire!
[20:19:50] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Sees deck one is missing, is suddenly happier he followed along with most of the others::
[20:19:51] <@Steel> Walk back, slowly
[20:19:52] <+LtBlackburn> (( sorry... missed that))
[20:19:56] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks at the others then steps in slowly, going for the desk and the skull, grabbing it carefully before walking back towards the door::
[20:20:06] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Sees the change of uniform:: Okay, this is really starting to get wierd
[20:20:14] <+FstLtAklar> "Starting?"
[20:20:18] <+LtBlackburn> ((I was observing the shadow on the bridge))
[20:20:19] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks at her uniform:: Creepy...I don't likethis...
[20:20:24] <@Steel> ACTION> RICKER, KELLEN AND BLACKBURN SUDDENLY FIND THEMSELVES IN A DIFFERENT PLACE. A STARSHIP BRIDGE, BUT NOT ONE THEY KNOW
[20:20:37] <+LtJgRicker> :: Looks around...::
[20:20:45] <+FstLtAklar> ::Drogan crossed his arms over his chest.::
[20:20:49] <+LtBlackburn> Where the heck are we Luc?
[20:20:49] <+LtJgRicker> Um... I dont think we're in Kansas anymore
[20:21:04] <@Steel> ACTION> IT'S AN OLD EXCELSIOR CLASS, BUT STATIONS ARE POWERED DOWN. THEY SEEM TO BE ADRIFT
[20:21:07] <+Sapphire> ::Steps back, and her clothing changes back to the dress again.::
[20:21:17] <+Sapphire> Anyone above us has been taken.
[20:21:27] <~AdmWarp> *Taken*?
[20:21:35] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Keeps hold of the skull carefully and gets herself out of the office::
[20:21:36] <+Sapphire> ::To Warp:: Yes.
[20:21:37] <+FstLtAklar> They can have, Mr. Blackburn.
[20:21:40] <+LtJgRicker> These consoles are a little outdated but I think I can still make them work.
[20:21:44] <+LtBlackburn> ::looking around for the dedication plaque:: this looks like an Excellsior....
[20:22:02] <+Dr_Novar> ::He sipped his coffee:: By whom?
[20:22:03] <+Sapphire> ::Walks forward, and her clothing changes again.:: What is this uniform?
[20:22:12] <+Sapphire> ::Turns towards them.::
[20:22:25] <@Steel> ACTION> BLACKBURN FINDS THE DEDICATION PLAQUE ALRIGHT - U.S.S. POTEMKIN NCC 18253
[20:22:37] <@Steel> What do you feel?
[20:22:45] <+LtBlackburn> Oh... My.... God.... :: staring in shock::
[20:22:56] <+LtJgGrimm> Standard issue Starfleet uniform, early 24th century
[20:23:12] <+Sapphire> ::Mirrors the emotion that she is feeling:: Scared. Steel.. we're dying, and nobody can find us..
[20:23:13] <+FstLtAklar> ::He titled his head.:: A 60 year old uniform. One that, Seris filled out quite nicely.
[20:23:32] <@Steel> Dying how?
[20:23:41] <~AdmWarp> It's been many years since those were current.
[20:23:52] <+Sapphire> ::Whispers:: There is so little air.. ::clutches at her neck:: So.. little air.. no light..
[20:24:01] <+LtJgRicker> :: Starts punching buttons on the nearest console.:: Well this is interesting... According to this console. we are on a ship that has been in mothballs for 20 years!
[20:24:03] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Backs away from the door, still holding onto Yorick::
[20:24:03] <+LtJgGrimm> A great many years at that
[20:24:09] <@Steel> Is anyone with you?
[20:24:22] <+Sapphire> ACTION: AROUND THEM, ALL OF THE LIGHT SUDDENLY DIMS, AND THE DECK TILTS SIDEWAYS
[20:24:25] <~AdmWarp> ::Appears to be perplexed by Sapphire's behavior::
[20:24:37] <@Steel> ACTION> THE BRIDGE AROUND KELLEN, RICKER AND BLACKBURN IS HAZY, ALMOST LIKE A DREAM
[20:24:46] <@Steel> ::is thrown sideways::
[20:24:53] <@Steel> Arnet> ::is thrown sideways::
[20:24:53] <+Sapphire> ::Whispers:: Oh yes.. there are three of us now. Everyone else is dead.. in the nebula.. ::Stumbles.. :: Steel!
[20:24:57] -!- LtJgRicker is now known as [LtJgRicker]
[20:25:06] -!- LtBlackburn is now known as [LtBlackburn]
[20:25:16] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Puts a hand up to the wall as the deck tilts, trying her best to not fall over::
[20:25:19] <@Steel> ::catches Sapphire::
[20:25:27] <@Steel> What else did you see?
[20:25:27] <~AdmWarp> ::Grabs the bulkhead railing but feels his feet slip out from under him::
[20:25:32] <+[LtJgRicker]> Theres somthing about this that isnt....here.
[20:25:47] <+Dr_Novar> ::Feels the deck tilt and steadies himself against the bulkhead so he didn't spill his coffee:: Whoa...
[20:25:53] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE LIGHTS RETURN TO NORMAL, THE DECK RIGHTS ITSELF. SAPPHIRES CLOTHING CHANGES BACK TO THE DRESS SHE WAS ORIGINALLY WEARING.
[20:26:14] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Stumbles back to standing upright:: What the hell was that?
[20:26:24] <@Steel> Never mind that. Bring the skull here,
[20:26:26] <+FstLtAklar> So, I'm confused. How does a Klingon skull found in a cave on an abandoned planet in the Gamma Quadrant cause this?
[20:26:41] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks around and rolls his eyes upward:: Now I know why a lot of high-ranking officers have gray hair
[20:26:42] <+[LtBlackburn]> Luc, this ship wasnt mothballed.... It was destroyed.
[20:27:01] <+[LtJgRicker]> Well that makes this a little more awkward then wouldnt it.
[20:27:02] <@Steel> Short answer, it's possible it hasn't
[20:27:14] <~AdmWarp> Correlation and causation?
[20:27:17] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Frowns:: We're a part of all this, we have a right to know ::Goes over slowly with Yorick in hand:: Why should I give it to you if you don't know for sure it did this?
[20:27:33] <+Sapphire> It's angry. The one who caused the rip it now has, but it wants more. It wants to come here.
[20:27:39] <+[LtBlackburn]> See if you can bring the reactor online. I want power up here ASAP
[20:27:40] <@Steel> ::takes Yorick from Rollands and studies it:: Sapphire, is this it?
[20:28:08] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Doesn't have a choice but to give up Yorick and leans against the near by wall, watching carefully::
[20:28:11] <+Sapphire> ::Touches the skull for a moment::
[20:28:13] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::moves to a console and begins flipping switches and pressing buttons in an attempt to bring power up::
[20:28:15] <+[LtJgRicker]> I'll see what I can do, no guarantees though. thats a several person job.
[20:28:38] <+Sapphire> ACTION: NOTHING BLACKBURN DOES CAUSES THE POWER TO RETURN TO THE SHIP HE IS ON.
[20:28:58] <@Steel> ACTION> BLACKBURN, RICKER AND KELLEN BEGIN TO NOTICE THE TEMPERATURE IS BEGINNING TO DROP. AND THE AIR IS GETTING THIN.
[20:29:12] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Goes to the turbolift to go to engineering::
[20:29:27] <@Steel> ACTION> THE TURBOLIFT DOESN'T OPEN FOR RICKER
[20:29:29] <+[LtBlackburn]> I know Ricker, but we have only us. And with only us, we will make it work anyways. Unless there's not enough engineer left in you to pull off a miracle eh?
[20:30:05] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Notices the sudden drop in temperature:: Theres always a miracle worker handy when Im around. And did you notice it getting a little frosty in here just now?
[20:30:12] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::curses as he realizes that there is no lifesupport:: We need to get power to lifesupport if nothing else.
[20:30:19] <+LtJgGrimm> So, not to hurry anyone along, but do two have any idea what is really going on? Or are you just going to say "It's hungry" again
[20:30:39] <@Steel> It's hungry is what is going on. It's that simple
[20:30:39] <+Sapphire> ::To Grimm:: The easiest way to describe it? There are creatures who live in time.
[20:30:53] <@Steel> ::rolls eyes as Sapphire begins to explain again::
[20:30:58] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::rips a panel off of the wall near the turbolift:: I think that Life support control is.... here.
[20:31:12] <+Sapphire> They are hungry. They want you. All of you. All your years, your life. All the experiences that you may have had.
[20:31:16] <+LtJgGrimm> I didn't ask for a lecture, I asked for an answer
[20:31:22] <+Sapphire> That is the answer.
[20:31:37] <+Sapphire> ::To Steel:: The skull is not the cause of this.
[20:31:37] <+LtCmdrRollands> They want the future we haven't had yet?
[20:31:45] <+LtJgGrimm> Good, now do you two know how to fix it or are we wasting what time we've got left?
[20:31:46] <~AdmWarp> Then let's cut to the chase. We want to keep those things for ourselves. How can we?
[20:31:48] <+Dr_Novar> Okay, so how do we stop "them" ::Air quotes::
[20:31:50] <@Steel> ::Nods and hands Yorcik back to Rollands::
[20:32:03] <+Sapphire> Two things.
[20:32:08] <@Steel> It must be something else. Something related to that uniforma dn that time period...
[20:32:11] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Takes Yorick back:: <q> All that for nothing...
[20:32:38] <@Steel> Arnet> Not for nothing, love. I was afraid they were going to do something nasty with him. Here, I'll taken him back to his perch.
[20:32:44] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::begins ripping his tricorder apart:: I need a power cell!
[20:32:58] <+Sapphire> We must find the link between the now, and the.. time of that girl. Lt. McKellen. Age 25.
[20:33:13] <+Sapphire> Ceja> You.. know the girl in question?
[20:33:14] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow at Arnet and hands Yorick to him::
[20:33:39] <+Sapphire> And second, we must find a way to talk to the ones who were taken.
[20:33:41] <@Steel> Wait ... did you hear that?
[20:33:46] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Begins to look around for a good battery source:: Im stuck here but I'll try to help you with the life support. I have a vested interest in keeping it going.
[20:33:51] <+Sapphire> ::Turns her head slightly::
[20:33:52] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::begins fashioning a power transfer to get some atmosphere flowing::
[20:34:12] <@Steel> ::looks at Sapphire:: The engineer. He was on the bridge.
[20:34:19] <+[LtBlackburn]> I would think so Ricker!
[20:34:20] <~AdmWarp> Blackburn?
[20:34:21] <+Sapphire> The engineer.
[20:34:27] <@Steel> ::to Warp:: Call to him
[20:34:33] <@Steel> You must tell him not to believe what he's seeing.
[20:34:48] <@Steel> Convince him he isn't where he thinks he is. He is on your bridge as you know it.
[20:35:03] <+LtCmdrRollands> What would he be seeing that he must not believe?
[20:35:05] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THERE IS A WHISPERING SOUND, AND FROM THE FAR END OF THE DECK, THE LIGHTS BEGIN TO GO OUT.
[20:35:05] <~AdmWarp> ::Steps closer to the shadow and calls out:: Blackburn, this is Admiral Warp. Can you hear me?
[20:35:06] <+[LtJgRicker]> Starts ripping panels up and off to find something usefull::
[20:35:20] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::begins having trouble breathing::
[20:35:29] <@Steel> ACTION> BLACKBURN, KELLEN AND RICKER HEAR WARP CALLING TO THEM
[20:35:52] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::wheezes out:: Warp?
[20:35:57] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Perks up like a prairie dog sensing danger:: Did you hear that?
[20:35:59] <@Steel> ::to Rollands:: I don't know.
[20:36:04] <~AdmWarp> Blackburn! Kellen! Ricker! If you can hear me -- don't believe your eyes! You are being deceived.
[20:36:10] <+Sapphire> Step back, keep together.
[20:36:14] <@Steel> Ask them where they are
[20:36:21] <~AdmWarp> Whatever you're seeing is not real. ::Glances to Sapphire, then Steel, feeling a bit silly:: Where are you?
[20:36:24] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Watches the lights starting to go out, then looks at Steel:: You don't know? There's a lot you two don't know.
[20:36:36] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Needing to take deeper and deeper breaths:: Thats easier said then done...
[20:36:39] <@Steel> But a lot we do know.
[20:36:42] <+[LtBlackburn]> On the bridge... of the Potemkin!
[20:36:50] <+FstLtAklar> ::He frowned. Still trying to figure out what that memory Sapphire had shown them was.::
[20:36:51] <+LtJgGrimm> The blind leading the blind I think
[20:36:56] <+[LtBlackburn]> A!
[20:37:06] <@Steel> When - ask him when!
[20:37:13] <+Sapphire> ACTION: ON THE OTHER POTEMKIN, THERE IS THE SOUND OF SOMETHING CRACKING, AND A TRANSLUSCENT BEING MOVES ONTO THE BRIDGE. IT SEEMS TO BE HUNTING SOMETHING, OR SOMEONE..
[20:37:23] <+FstLtAklar> Keep your pants on, Dark Suit.
[20:37:26] <~AdmWarp> When, Blackburn?
[20:37:48] <@Steel> ::waves off Aklar dismissively::
[20:37:53] <~AdmWarp> What is the registration number? 1711-A, or 18253?
[20:37:57] <+Sapphire> Ceja> Everyone, keep together. ::Watches the shadow creeping towards them.::
[20:38:09] <+Sapphire> Ceja> And.. does anyone get the feeling like we're being herded?
[20:38:18] <+[LtBlackburn]> I... I dont know... Its the potemkin A
[20:38:23] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Keeps herself as close to the group as she can:: I get that feeling as well.
[20:38:37] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: To the air:: 18253, Sir!
[20:39:09] <~AdmWarp> All right. You're at least 20 years in the past, possibly more.
[20:39:09] <+FstLtAklar> ::He sighed.:: Bonobos with PADDs could have told us sooner.
[20:39:12] <@Steel> ::to Warp:: When was that? Was it the same time period as Sapphire's clothes were just now?
[20:39:38] <~AdmWarp> It's possible. The ship was in service for nearly 70 years. Her clothing matched the earlier period.
[20:39:53] <@Steel> Is there anything from that ship that made it to this one? Anything?
[20:39:56] <+Sapphire> That would explain what I was feeling. Tell me what happened to that ship.
[20:40:32] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE CREATURE SEEMS TO SCENT RICKER, KELLEN AND BLACKBURN, AND MOVES TOWARDS THEM. IN THE DISTANCE, THEY CAN HEAR SOMEONE SCREAM.
[20:40:34] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks to Warp after hearing the question Steel asked. She had no idea about anything on that other ship::
[20:40:42] <~AdmWarp> Nothing I'm aware of... It wasn't until after its refit that I came aboard, and I may be the oldest Potemkin-related "thing" here.
[20:41:01] <+FstLtAklar> ::He paused, scracthing his chin.::
[20:41:02] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: His hackles raise as he hears a scream:: Um....Jay?
[20:41:03] <+[LtBlackburn]> Admiral..... ::gasps:: We arent alone here.... just heard... a scream....
[20:41:18] <+Dr_Novar> What about that Blue Stuff that keeps showing up?
[20:41:28] <+Sapphire> Ceja> A scream?
[20:41:31] <~AdmWarp> You are on the bridge, Blackburn! The Potemkin-C's bridge!
[20:41:33] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks at Novar:: It can't be that simple.
[20:41:40] <@Steel> ::turns to the darkness:: Mr. Blackburn! Look around you, but remember you are not there. What is aruond you?
[20:41:46] <+[LtBlackburn]> Did... I ever tell you... how annoying you are... Luc?
[20:41:52] <+Sapphire> ::Suddenly clutches her neck again, changing into the uniform and the appearance of Lt McKellen::
[20:41:58] <+Dr_Novar> ::He shrugged and finished his coffee::
[20:42:03] <@Steel> ::grabs Sapphire's hand:: Stay with me.
[20:42:12] <~AdmWarp> You know, there were rumors...
[20:42:16] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Managing a smirk:: Love you too sir.....
[20:42:18] <+LtCmdrRollands> What is happening to her? ::Nods to Sapphire::
[20:42:32] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::trying desperately to look beyond what he was seeing::
[20:42:37] <~AdmWarp> The Blue Stuff has occasionally been reported to be found near a plaque of some kind.
[20:42:37] <+Sapphire> Ceja> ::To Steel:: Can I help her at all? I'm a doctor.
[20:42:46] <+Sapphire> ::Seems to be struggling for breath::
[20:42:54] <+Dr_Novar> ::He pulled out his tricorder and started scanning Sapphire::
[20:43:11] <~AdmWarp> From the Potemkin-A to today, the reports have been consistent -- on everything but location. No one ever seems to note *where* it was found.
[20:43:14] <@Steel> ::to Ceja:: No nothing.
[20:43:20] <+[LtBlackburn]> Look beyond... what you can see Luc....
[20:43:26] <~AdmWarp> That object would have to be from at least 2370, if not earlier.
[20:43:43] <+LtCmdrRollands> So The Blue Stuff could be causing this?
[20:43:53] <~AdmWarp> And the NCC-18253 dedication plaque was lost during the refit.
[20:43:55] <+Sapphire> Ceja> She's in pain.. I have to help.. ::Steps forward, digging for her tricorder.::
[20:44:05] <@Steel> ::to Ceja:: Don't touch her.
[20:44:06] <+LtJgGrimm> Well, alcohol does tend to cause problems
[20:44:14] <~AdmWarp> It was a fitting "omen" for the ship's redesignation as NCC-1711-A.
[20:44:18] <@Steel> Mr. Blackburn! Do you see a plaque where you are?
[20:44:28] <~AdmWarp> Perhaps the plaque is here.
[20:44:34] <+Sapphire> ACTION: ON MODERN POTEMKIN, THE SHADOW IS CREEPING DOWN THE RAMP, AND CAN BE SEEN NOW.. ONLY FEET AWAY FROM THE GROUP!
[20:45:04] <@Steel> ::to Warp:: Find the plaque. Search every room you can. Stay away from the shadow.
[20:45:04] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Backs away as much as she can from the shadow:: I really don't like that thing. Gives a new meaning to being afraid of the dark and the shadows.
[20:45:16] <+Sapphire> ACTION: ON 18523 TEM, THE CREATURE STOPS A FEW FEET AWAY FROM RICKER AND KELLEN, SNIFFING THE AIR
[20:45:37] <+Sapphire> Ceja> I can't just stand here while she can't breath!
[20:45:48] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Slowly turns to see the creature then takes a deep, rattly breath::
[20:45:50] <@Steel> Sapphire, it's not real.
[20:45:51] <+[LtBlackburn]> Yes! I found... the plaque!
[20:46:06] <+[LtBlackburn]> There is... a beast in here... with us...
[20:46:07] <@Steel> ACTION> TO BLACKBURN THE PLAQUE SEEMS TO HAVE A FAINT GLOW ABOUT IT
[20:46:13] <+FstLtAklar> I don't believe she's humanoid.
[20:46:34] <+Dr_Novar> ::He looked up and down the corridor:: We don't have a lot of options on where to look...
[20:46:41] <+Sapphire> ::Staggers, and large scratches in the uniform slowly appear, as though she is being torn into:: Steel.. I can't see you Steel..
[20:46:53] <@Steel> ::to Novar:: Then look into the options you do have! Go
[20:47:00] <@Steel> Sapphire, listen to me. Listen to me!
[20:47:06] <+[LtBlackburn]> The.... plaque.... Its glowing!
[20:47:10] <+Sapphire> Ceja> ::To Aklar:: Doesn't matter. ::Walks closer, trying to get a reading on what is happening with Sapphire.
[20:47:25] <@Steel> ::to Warp:: Find that plaque.
[20:47:37] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Still staring, terrified, at the beast:: Are we not supposed to believe this either?
[20:47:41] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Starts to search along with the rest, taking great care to watch where he's stepping::
[20:47:52] <+Sapphire> ::To Steel:: It's so angry Steel. It wants the ones who were in the rip, wants them to suffer, like it suffered.
[20:47:53] <~AdmWarp> ::Begins to move along the wall of the ramp, feeling for an access panel he knows is loose::
[20:47:55] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Sighs at the little space they had to search:: Surely someone would have seen it if this is the only space we have to search.
[20:48:02] <+FstLtAklar> Which is to say that here physiology is not going to correpsond. Also, there's an idea that they're elemental in nature and possibly radioactive.
[20:48:03] <+Dr_Novar> ::He looked at the bulkhead in front of him. He reached out an released the clasps holding the wall panel in place::
[20:48:05] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::beginning to see dark spots::
[20:48:21] <@Steel> ::calls to the those on "the bridge":: You aren't really there! Don't believe it!
[20:48:32] <+Sapphire> Ceja> ::Blinks at what she is seeing on the tricorder:: So.. I see.
[20:48:56] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Goes after a different wall panel, trying to pull it off the wall once she released the clasps::
[20:49:02] <@Steel> ::grips Sapphire and pulls her from where she was standing::
[20:49:23] <~AdmWarp> ::Finds the gap and removes the access panel, revealing a Jefferies tube beyond::
[20:49:31] <+Sapphire> ::Gasps. And her demeanor, clothing, and emotional state return to normal::
[20:49:52] <+[LtBlackburn]> Hard.... to ignore... lack of oxygen.... and what you.... can see!
[20:49:56] <+Dr_Novar> ::He moved and pulled the next panel off the bulkhead::
[20:50:00] <~AdmWarp> ::Begins crawling down the tube, which takes him behind the bridge's main turbolift alcove and off towards his ready room::
[20:50:23] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Eyes where Warp was going but keeps going on the panels, searching behind them::
[20:50:29] <@Steel> ::frowns:: There is plenty of air and what you see is not real!
[20:50:36] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Assists in the renovation::
[20:50:43] <+Dr_Novar> ::He pointed to the shadow approaching from the bridge:: What happens if we go through that?
[20:51:00] <@Steel> ::to Novar:: You will be where they are now. And on the verge of dying.
[20:51:01] <~AdmWarp> ::Opens an access panel and reaches a vertical shaft -- only to find shadow on either side::
[20:51:08] <+Sapphire> You will be.. taken to where the others are.
[20:51:28] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: How long do they have?
[20:51:33] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::his head is beginning to swim::
[20:51:34] <+Sapphire> Here, or there?
[20:51:44] <@Steel> There.
[20:51:50] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks over:: Or both.
[20:52:04] <~AdmWarp> ::Removes another panel... and finds a bottle::
[20:52:08] <+Sapphire> ::Touches the wall:: They have.. ten minutes, and a few seconds, of air left.
[20:52:24] <@Steel> An eternity
[20:52:31] <+Sapphire> Lots of time.
[20:52:53] <+Sapphire> ::Moves carefully back towards the spot where she changed, reaching with her hands.:: It is along this.. fault here.
[20:53:10] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: the edges of conciousness start to blur and reality becomes fuzzy::
[20:53:14] <@Steel> ::turns back to the shadow:: Blackburn! Listen to me carefully. All of you step away from that plaque!
[20:53:40] <+LtCmdrRollands> So we have a fault in time on board? ::Sighs, wishing she was finding something behind the panels::
[20:53:54] <@Steel> Where does the fault run?
[20:54:16] <~AdmWarp> ::Reaches behind the bottle and feels a grooved metallic object -- then retrieves them both and begins quickly moving back down the tube:: I think I've found our mystery object!
[20:54:18] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::having trouble moving period, but attempts to ich back slowly:: Trying....
[20:54:26] <+Sapphire> ACTION: AS WARP TURNS AROUND TO RETURN TO THE OTHERS, HE SPOTS SOMETHING GLOWING, TUCKED DEEPER INTO THE SAME PANEL HE'D RETRIEVED THE BOTTLE FROM.
[20:54:33] <+FstLtAklar> Curious. A non-synchronous temporal anomaly tied across shipframes that bear the same name but no other outward connection?
[20:54:52] <+Sapphire> Ceja> But it makes sense if what they're saying is right. A connection?
[20:54:54] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Hears Warp and looks in his direction::
[20:55:14] <@Steel> ::to Aklar:: The connection was there, but your rip in time made it tangible.
[20:55:16] <~AdmWarp> ::Emerges from the tube carrying a bottle of blue liquid, and another object glowing behind it::
[20:55:37] <+Sapphire> ::Stares at the object in Warp's hands:: Everyone move away from him. Now.
[20:55:49] <@Steel> Admiral - hand it to me.
[20:55:51] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow at Sapphire but backs away from Warp::
[20:56:05] <+Sapphire> Steel, his.. odd relationship with time seems to protect him in some manner.
[20:56:09] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Backs up as far as he dares::
[20:56:25] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::finally loses it and passes out::
[20:56:31] <@Steel> ACTION> ON THE BRIDGE, THE CREATURE IS STILL SNIFFING THE AIR. THE THREE ON THE BRIDGE FEELS A SENSE OF DREAD, MIXED WITH THE LOSS OF AIR
[20:56:40] <+Sapphire> Put it down.
[20:56:44] <@Steel> Good, good.
[20:57:04] <+FstLtAklar> Again, I say, curious.
[20:57:09] <+Sapphire> ::Stands in front of the item, with her hand raised towards it.:: yes. this..
[20:57:19] <~AdmWarp> ::Holds up the plaque and reads it:: USS Potemkin, NCC-18253. "A generation of men is like a generation of leaves; the wind scatters some leaves upon the ground, while others the burgeoning wood brings forth -- and the season of Spring comes on. So of men: one generation springs forth and anotherceases." -- Homer
[20:57:29] <+FstLtAklar> It breaches the Asimov-Sturgeon time curve law, though.
[20:57:35] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Barely feels the fear brought on by the sniffing beast amidst the feeling of life slipping away from him::
[20:57:47] <@Steel> Admiral, put it down.
[20:57:50] <+Sapphire> Ceja> Idiot. ::Said affectionately::
[20:57:59] <~AdmWarp> ::Places the plaque on the floor, then steps away from it, bottle still in hadn::
[20:58:01] <~AdmWarp> <<*hand>>
[20:58:20] <+FstLtAklar> ::He arched a brow.::
[20:58:35] <+Sapphire> ACTION:: ON BOTH SHIPS, THE PLAQUE SUDDENLY BEGINS TO GLOW WITH A BRIGHTER, AND BRIGHTER LIGHT, IT BECOMES ALMOST BLINDING.
[20:58:45] <+Sapphire> Steel, we have to destroy it.
[20:58:50] <+Sapphire> In both times, we have to destroy it.
[20:58:51] <@Steel> ::deep breath:: If only Lead were here ... ::picks it up:: Everyone, stay back!
[20:59:07] <+Dr_Novar> ::He held up a hand to block the light::
[20:59:11] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Eyes the plaque and then Sapphire and Steel, to then just be blinded a moment later::
[20:59:12] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: Tell them on the bridge. Tell them to destroy it!
[20:59:21] <+Sapphire> ::Calls out to Blackburn, Ricker and Kellen:: Find something to destroy the plaque. Anything!
[20:59:21] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Through closed eyes Luc sees a light and his worst fears settle in... Mom was right::
[20:59:24] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks away so he doesn't get blinded by light::
[20:59:31] <+FstLtAklar> It's a good quote, at that.
[20:59:45] <+Sapphire> ::To Blackburn, Kellen and Ricker:: When you've got something, tell me..
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Sim Log: The Elements of Time.

Postby Tavey » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:07 am

[21:00:01] <+Sapphire> ::To steel:: There will be repercussions for this.
[21:00:11] <+Dr_Novar> I'll go if they're incapacitated...
[21:00:12] <@Steel> More dire than dying?
[21:00:14] <+[LtJgRicker]> Jay....Dis....rupt.....er.....
[21:00:22] <+Sapphire> ::Moves everyone away from Steel, which happens to push them closer to the shadow. ::
[21:00:36] <+Sapphire> Whatever you do, do not touch him.
[21:00:40] <@Steel> ::starts to concentrate, gripping the plaque tightly::
[21:00:57] <+Dr_Novar> ::He grabbed a phaser and medkit out of the emergency wall locker he had uncovered::
[21:01:06] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE AIR ON BOTH SHIPS BEGINS TO GET COLDER, AND COLDER.
[21:01:23] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::comes to, just a small bit, and hears the plea:: Screw.... this.... ::slowly reaches for his sonic antiproton pistol:: Eat.... sonic... antiprotons.... You.... &$^@$ plaque.... ::Fires a single bolt::
[21:01:41] <@Steel> ::concentrating hard, rapidly cooling the object in his hands to sub-zero temperatures::
[21:01:43] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Shivers as the air starts to get colder:: I really don't like the cold air feeling...
[21:02:12] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THE SHOT DOES NOTHING. BUT ON THE OTHER TEM, THERE IS THE SOUND OF THE BLAST REVERBERATING..
[21:02:45] <~AdmWarp> ::Watches Steel in wonder as the temperature plummets::
[21:02:48] <+Sapphire> ::To Blackburn:: Again!
[21:03:18] <+Sapphire> ACTION: WITH FROST TINGING THE AIR, AND ICE BEGINNING TO FORM AROUND HIM, STEEL CRUSHES THE PLAQUE IN HIS HANDS.
[21:03:58] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Tries to pull her uniform jacket tighter around her. She'd felt these temperatures recently and hadn't wanted to feel them again for quite some time::
[21:04:01] <+[LtBlackburn]> Damn... ::taking every scrap of effort he has and cranks the pistol up to a near overload shot and fires again::
[21:04:12] <+Sapphire> ACTION: IT SHATTERS INTO THOUSANDS OF PIECES. ON THE OTHER SHIP, THERE IS A SUDDEN PERCUSSIVE FORCE THAT THROWS THEM BACKWARDS. THE SECOND SHOT DID THE TRICK.
[21:04:13] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Slowly succombs to the darkness::
[21:04:56] <+Sapphire> Ceja> Covers her eyes, grabbing onto Aklar as she does.
[21:05:08] <@Steel> Sapphire ... ::through chattering teeth:: Take us back.
[21:05:17] <+[LtBlackburn]> Thats.... how... its done.... Miracle.... achieved. ::faints::
[21:05:33] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Rubs his arms a bit:: Man it's cold...
[21:05:57] <+Sapphire> ACTION: SAPPHIRE STANDS IN FRONT OF THEM, HER EYES GLOWING BLUE. SO BLUE THAT IT IS ALL THEY CAN SEE.. ALL THEY KNOW.. THE BLUE SUCKS THEM IN, AND ON BOTH SHIPS, IT EMBRACES THEM.. THEY CAN SEE, HEAR, FEEL NOTHING..
[21:06:44] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::the blue engulfs him... especially his lips::
[21:07:01] <+Sapphire> ACTION: IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE.. EVERYONE IS RETURNED TO THE MOMENT THAT THE DECKS FIRST VANISHED. THEY ARE ALL BACK ON THE BRIDGE, IN THEIR ORIGINAL PLACES. EVERYTHING IS NORMAL.
[21:07:27] <@Steel> Arnet> What in blazes? ::looks down at his hands:: I do hope Yorick is back on my desk.
[21:07:33] <+FstLtAklar> ::He found himself typing on his sensor panel.:: Uhh...
[21:07:40] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Checks the helm to make sure the ship is on course and going::
[21:07:46] <+[LtBlackburn]> ::is suddenly back in his chair:: that... was trippy.
[21:07:47] <+Dr_Novar> ::He looked down at his cup of coffee::<w> I could have sworn I drank this already...
[21:07:47] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks around the bridge, sitting at her console:: Okay, that was...
[21:07:56] <+Sapphire> Ceja> ::Blinks, staring at her hands.:: What just happened?
[21:08:01] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Starts looking over his own panels:: Huh...
[21:08:05] <+Sapphire> ACTION: THEY REMEMEBR EVERYTHIGN.
[21:08:09] <+Sapphire> everything*
[21:08:18] <~AdmWarp> ::Blinks a couple of times:: Report.
[21:08:26] <+Dr_Novar> <w> Guess I get to enjoy it again...
[21:08:32] <@Steel> ACTION> THEN, JUST LIKE BEFORE, A DOORBELL RINGS
[21:08:36] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Looks around and sees herself at the operations console on the bridge:: That was . . . very strange
[21:08:38] <+Dr_Novar> ::He took a sip::
[21:08:44] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Runs scans, seeing the sensors are working again:: I've got full sen...::Looks over:: Not again...
[21:08:49] <+[LtJgRicker]> Ship is on previous course, cruising at warp 6.
[21:08:57] <+Sapphire> Ceja> Sickbay has checked in..
[21:09:18] <~AdmWarp> ::Hears the doorbell and immediately moves to his ready room doors::
[21:09:23] <+[LtBlackburn]> Time space causality loops.... I hate 'em...
[21:09:43] <@Steel> ACTION> AS WARP MOVES TO THE READY ROOM DOORS, THEY OPEN AND SAPPHIRE AND STEEL STEP THROUGH
[21:09:44] <+LtCmdrRollands> Try being on the science end of them, Blackburn. Makes it worse.
[21:09:54] <@Steel> I see we made it more or less intact
[21:10:02] <+Dr_Novar> I really wish they'd just use the turbolift like normal people...
[21:10:03] <+Sapphire> ::Steps onto the bridge, smiling warmly at Warp.:: Hello again.
[21:10:21] <+Sapphire> ::To Novar:: But that wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun.
[21:10:27] <+FstLtAklar> Hmm... self-correcting time loop.
[21:10:28] <~AdmWarp> Yes... ::Seems to be lost for words for a moment::
[21:10:32] <~AdmWarp> Would you care to explain what just happened there?
[21:10:37] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Seeing the two being again, again reaches for his weapon::
[21:10:38] <+Sapphire> Steel?
[21:10:42] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Leans back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest, eyeing the two::
[21:10:43] <@Steel> Yes ...
[21:10:53] <+Dr_Novar> ::He raised his mug:: To less fun...
[21:11:11] <@Steel> A connection to the past, through the plaque. And the rip in time your crew caused made it tangible. And, as Sapphire said, something came through.
[21:11:11] <+[LtBlackburn]> Whats worse actually... is when you are the cause of them... ::rests his head in his hands::
[21:11:31] <+Sapphire> ::To all of them:: As you all are.
[21:11:41] <@Steel> But that connection has now been closed.
[21:11:55] <~AdmWarp> I'm still not clear on our link to the rip in time.
[21:12:10] <+LtCmdrRollands> I don't think any of us are honestly.
[21:12:11] <~AdmWarp> Something we don't remember?
[21:12:13] <+FstLtAklar> What you showed Ceja and I...
[21:12:15] <@Steel> A causality that was rectified.
[21:12:15] <+Sapphire> Some things you are not meant to know or understand Admiral.
[21:12:31] <~AdmWarp> Now you really sound like Skinner and Gunman.
[21:12:41] <+Sapphire> Ceja> That was terrible..
[21:12:53] <@Steel> But, Admiral, you must be more careful. If you keep interfering in time, more things and more people will notice.
[21:13:01] <+FstLtAklar> We created a divergent timeline that was self-defeating and you had to fold one into the other to preserve the flow of time?
[21:13:32] <@Steel> ::hears Aklar's explanation and then looks at Sapphire:: I said they would not understand.
[21:13:39] <+Dr_Novar> ::He sipped his coffee and shook his head::
[21:13:56] <+LtJgGrimm> That's alright, I gave up trying
[21:13:58] <+Sapphire> ::To Steel:: Except that one. The one with more than one life. He.. catches a glimmer of the truth.
[21:14:16] <+Sapphire> Though, it is as if it is a childs nursery rhyme.
[21:14:26] <@Steel> I suppose you are right.
[21:14:27] <+FstLtAklar> ::He nodded to Sapphire.:: I'll take it.
[21:14:38] <~AdmWarp> ::Shakes his head:: We've encountered many beings from out of time, but I must say, you two are among the strangest.
[21:14:44] <+Sapphire> Ceja> So, when are we..
[21:15:01] <@Steel> ::to Warp again:: Be careful Admiral. You do not want to meet others. Remember what we've told you.
[21:15:03] <+[LtBlackburn]> Right up there with Green eh Warp?
[21:15:05] <@Steel> ::to Sapphire:: Shall we?
[21:15:07] <+Sapphire> You are.. when you are supposed to be.
[21:15:20] <+Sapphire> ::To Steel:: Yes.
[21:15:35] <@Steel> ::shoots Warp another warning glance, then heads back to the ready room doors::
[21:15:39] <+LtCmdrRollands> When we are supposed to be...::Shakes her head::
[21:15:54] <+Sapphire> ::Follows Steel, ignoring the crew as she walks through the door.::
[21:16:02] <~AdmWarp> ::Exhales as they exit, going over their warnings in his head::
[21:16:16] <@Steel> ACTION> THE DOORS CLOSE BEHIND THE TWO AND THE CREW KNOW THEY ARE GONE
[21:16:20] <~AdmWarp> May that time never come.
[21:16:29] <+Sapphire> ::PAUSE SIM::
[21:16:35] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Paused::
[21:16:35] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::Paused::
[21:16:37] <+Dr_Novar> ::Paused::
[21:16:39] -!- Sapphire is now known as DrCeja
[21:16:39] <+FstLtAklar> ::Paused.::
[21:16:40] <@Steel> ::paused::
[21:16:41] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::Paused::
[21:16:42] <+DrCeja> ::Paused::
[21:16:44] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Paused::
[21:16:59] <+[LtBlackburn]> :: paused::
[21:17:04] <@Steel> ATTENTION ON DECK!
[21:17:06] <+LtCmdrRollands> ::AA::
[21:17:07] <+DrCeja> ::AA::
[21:17:08] <+LtJgGrimm> ::AA::
[21:17:08] <+Dr_Novar> ::Stands Quietly::
[21:17:11] <+LtCmdrMelina> ::AA::
[21:17:14] -!- Steel is now known as CmdrArnet
[21:17:39] <+FstLtAklar> ::AA::
[21:17:45] <+[LtJgRicker]> ::AA::
[21:17:50] <~AdmWarp> All right... Great sim, folks!
[21:17:54] <~AdmWarp> Mind-bendy, and time-bendy, but great!
[21:18:36] <~AdmWarp> Thank you most kindly to Ceja for taking us on this adventure, and to Arnet for costarring!
[21:19:00] <+DrCeja> Thankyou everyone, for creating the magic. That bit is all yours.
[21:19:03] <+[LtBlackburn]> We have the weapon of temporal collapse in our hands....
[21:19:27] <+FstLtAklar> Arnet does have a Illyia Kuriakin vibe.
[21:19:35] <@CmdrArnet> Why thank you
[21:19:48] <~AdmWarp> Quite lovely. ;)
[21:19:48] <+DrCeja> Ahhhh.. Illiya..
[21:19:58] <+DrCeja> My favourite of those two..
[21:20:11] <@CmdrArnet> You know, I've never seen an episode of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
[21:20:15] <+[LtJgRicker]> :: Scratches his head, really confused at a reference he doesnt get::
[21:20:18] <+DrCeja> Oh.. Boss...
[21:20:21] <~AdmWarp> Now, it's fairly late, so we'll let you all get out of here!
[21:20:22] <+DrCeja> Tsk tsk..
[21:20:35] <~AdmWarp> Right after we dismiss, Ricker has winners to announce for the trivia contest.
[21:20:38] <+[LtBlackburn]> And now ricker and I have experienced the stuff of nightmares!
[21:20:42] <~AdmWarp> So be sure to stick around!
[21:20:47] <~AdmWarp> Arnet, cut 'em loose with my sincere thanks!
[21:20:54] <@CmdrArnet> DISMISSED, WITH THANKS!
[21:21:15] <+[LtJgRicker]> the winner this week was Mr Aklar!
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.


Return to USS Potemkin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


cron