Sim Log: Game Over

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

Sim Log: Game Over

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:38 pm

[19:12:09] <@LtCmdrRollands> =/\= ATTENTION ON DECK =/\=
[19:12:11] <~AdmWarp> <<Also, uniforms, please!>>
[19:12:15] <@praxjarvin> ::AA::
[19:12:16] <@DrCeja> ::AA::
[19:12:16] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::AA::
[19:12:18] -!- praxjarvin is now known as FstLtAklar
[19:12:19] <+EnsRicker> ::AA::
[19:12:27] <+LtBlackburn> ::AA::
[19:12:28] <+LtJgGrimm> ::AA::
[19:12:41] <+FstLtRayus> ::AA::
[19:12:50] <+EnsDrake> ::AA::
[19:12:54] <~AdmWarp> Hey everybody, and welcome to another exciting episode of Star Trek: Potemkin!
[19:13:05] -!- LtCdrMelina [~melinater@MagicStar-A9B4C336.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net] has joined #uss-potemkin
[19:13:18] <~AdmWarp> Since we've been having a lovely conversation, I will dispense with at least some of the usual pleasantries!
[19:13:22] -!- mode/#uss-potemkin [+v LtCdrMelina] by LtCmdrRollands
[19:13:22] <~AdmWarp> <<WB Melina! AA.>>
[19:13:33] <~AdmWarp> <<Nicely done, Rollands! I might have you give Arnet some lessons.>>
[19:14:00] <~AdmWarp> I do, however, hope you aren't being forced to dodge tornadoes or blizzards this week. I understand it's been quite a tumultuous week for weather!
[19:14:18] <+LtCdrMelina> (::AA:: My internet is flaky. 2nd time this has happened in the last 15 minutes)
[19:14:26] <+EnsRicker> It was like 75 with blue skies today, I no not of this bad weather you speak of
[19:14:31] <@LtCmdrRollands> ((Had to cut our trip to the western part of the state short today, beat the weather home though!))
[19:14:39] <+FstLtRayus> (( Same here, so if Kellen and I drop thats the reason ))
[19:15:08] <~AdmWarp> Ricker, you and Blackburn will get your own dose of weather in a month or two. ;)
[19:15:14] -!- LtCmdrMelina [~melinater@MagicStar-E88C0B70.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Ping timeout]
[19:15:24] <+LtBlackburn> ((lol Monsoon!))
[19:15:25] <+EnsRicker> Thats probably true.
[19:15:43] <~AdmWarp> Now! Let's get down to business, shall we?
[19:16:00] <~AdmWarp> Tonight's plot is brought to you by... me!
[19:17:08] <~AdmWarp> Here we go!
[19:17:10] <+LtBlackburn> ((another one?))
[19:17:10] <~AdmWarp> =/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=
[19:18:19] <~AdmWarp> Plot Name: "Game Over"
[19:18:20] <~AdmWarp> Plot By: Warp
[19:18:31] <~AdmWarp> Stardate: 67318.9 (Friday, April 27th, 2390 at 0900 hours)
[19:19:41] <~AdmWarp> The Potemkin has arrived at the planet Benatar IV for a research mission on the civilization that once inhabited the planet.
[19:20:09] <+LtBlackburn> ((are we gonna get hit with their best shot?))
[19:20:26] <+EnsRicker> We're flying through the shadows of the night
[19:20:40] <@LtCmdrRollands> ((Guys, shhh)
[19:20:45] <@FstLtAklar> ((Guys, settle down. We belong, we belong to each other.))
[19:20:59] <+EnsRicker> ((Lol! Aklar))
[19:21:00] <+LtJgGrimm> ((Hopefully it isn't a heartbreaker))
[19:21:00] <~AdmWarp> Though the planet is now deserted, a thriving humanoid civilization lived here until a point several millennia ago, when they abruptly died.
[19:21:36] <~AdmWarp> Their cities remain on the surface, decaying but otherwise undamaged. Whatever killed the inhabitants does not appear to have been war.
[19:21:59] <~AdmWarp> As the sim opens, the surface has been deemed safe by remote probes and sensor scans, and an away team is assembled in Transporter Room 1 to beam down.
[19:22:06] <~AdmWarp> Positions:
[19:22:41] <~AdmWarp> Everyone is in the transporter room. I trust that's not a surprise. ;)
[19:22:50] <@LtCmdrRollands> Not in the least
[19:22:51] <+FstLtRayus> (( Yay ))
[19:22:53] <~AdmWarp> Any questions?
[19:22:58] <@LtCmdrRollands> No questions here.
[19:23:03] <@DrCeja> None here.
[19:23:15] <+EnsRicker> Is the next system over the Jett system?
[19:23:16] <+FstLtRayus> Do we tac/sec guys bring weapons?
[19:23:37] <+EnsRicker> And are we in the Banannarama sector?
[19:23:40] <+LtJgGrimm> ((I bet they love rock and roll there))
[19:23:42] <~AdmWarp> Standard armament for an unexplored planet, Rayus.
[19:23:43] <+LtBlackburn> ((we are Starfleet! we never go unarmed!!!))
[19:23:46] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Shakes head::
[19:24:03] <+FstLtRayus> So...yes?
[19:24:06] <@DrCeja> (Damn, we're with Fun Boy Three..))
[19:24:18] <~AdmWarp> Oh dear. Maybe I should just name planets Asdfjksl IV from now on.
[19:24:19] <+EnsRicker> And can we explore the next door Bangles Nebula?
[19:24:28] <~AdmWarp> Or Qwerty II.
[19:24:34] <+FstLtRayus> lol
[19:24:36] <~AdmWarp> I'll keep that in mind for the future.
[19:24:51] <+LtBlackburn> This is why I love you people!
[19:25:09] <~AdmWarp> For now, let's get going. ;)
[19:25:12] <~AdmWarp> Rollands... PUNCH IT!
[19:25:17] <@LtCmdrRollands> =/\= BEGIN SIM =/\=
[19:25:50] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Stands in the transporter room, waiting for everyone else to be ready, making sure her tricorder was ready to go::
[19:25:52] <@DrCeja> ::Checks her medkit and medical tricorder. And the spare medical tricorder tucked into the medkit.::
[19:25:54] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::she walked into the transporter room, carrying a tray of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. She was munching on one as she offered up the tray to the crew assembled in the TR.:: Hello everyone!!
[19:26:02] <+FstLtRayus> :: Is absolutely excited about going down to the planet, he has always loved history, and exploring ancient civilizations. ::
[19:26:03] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TEAM IS ASSEMBLED IN THE TRANSPORTER ROOM. NGUYEN STANDS AT HIS USUAL POSITION, BUT IS ODDLY STOIC.
[19:26:06] -!- TheShipGhost [Mibbit@MagicStar-1ABD4A3D.ph.ph.cox.net] has joined #uss-potemkin
[19:26:09] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Standing in the transporter room, going over his usual checklist of things to bring::
[19:26:14] < TheShipGhost> muahahaha!
[19:26:15] <@DrCeja> ::Sniffs:: baking! How lovely.
[19:26:25] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Walks into the transporter room, checking to make sure that she has everything she needs before stepping onto the transporter pad::
[19:26:28] -!- TheShipGhost [Mibbit@MagicStar-1ABD4A3D.ph.ph.cox.net] has quit [Disintegrated: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client]
[19:26:42] <@FstLtAklar> ::Drogan wandered into the transporter room late. For some reason he'd found walking by himself to the TR to be rather quick, so he now built extra time into his journeys to the TR alone.::
[19:26:43] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Glances at Jordan and shakes her head, then looks at Nguyen:: You alright?
[19:26:52] <+Cmdr_Jordan> I was in the middle of this when I received word of the mission. Fresh out of the oven. Travelling food. Dig in. ::She handed the tray to Nguyen:: You too, Nguyen.
[19:26:56] <+LtBlackburn> Oh great... the transporter room is haunted again....
[19:26:56] <~AdmWarp> <<Blackburn, please ask her not to do that again. :P>>
[19:27:16] -!- LtNguyen [~jbm@MagicStar-95B972BC.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has joined #uss-potemkin
[19:27:20] -!- mode/#uss-potemkin [+v LtNguyen] by AdmWarp
[19:27:37] <+EnsDrake> ((What was that?))
[19:27:42] <+EnsRicker> :: Checks the charge on his phaser to make sure its ready just in case.""
[19:27:42] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She grabbed a tricorder and a phaser, plus a spare medkit. Couldn't hurt::
[19:27:56] <+LtCdrMelina> (Long story, Drake)
[19:27:56] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks at the others:: Everyone ready? ::Nods to the transporter pad::
[19:28:07] <@DrCeja> ::Snags one of the cookies with a grin, then steps onto the transporter pad.::
[19:28:10] <+LtNguyen> Everything's a-okay. ::Nods:: Perfectly normal here. Nothing to see.
[19:28:18] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She grabbed a handful of cookies, passed one to Ceja::
[19:28:24] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks around :: So is anyone besides me just absolutely excited about this mission. Can you believe it? I am excited about something other than killing stuff.
[19:28:25] <@DrCeja> Another one?
[19:28:29] <+LtBlackburn> ::checks his dual pistols and engineering tricorder:: Im ready to go.
[19:28:29] <@FstLtAklar> ::He walked up on to the platform, tucking his tricorder into his belt.::
[19:28:32] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::Then promptly stuffed one in her mouth, nodding::
[19:28:35] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Checks his phaser again, making sure boot-sheated knife's all tucked in:: Ready
[19:28:42] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow at Nguyen:: For some reason, I don't trust that...but we've got a job to do. ::Steps up on the transporter pad::
[19:28:51] <~AdmWarp> +Rollands+ Warp to Rollands. You're cleared to beam down. Check in every 30 minutes, please.
[19:29:03] <@FstLtAklar> Never trust a man who plays water polo.
[19:29:13] <@LtCmdrRollands> +Warp+ Copy that. We'll be beaming down shortly. Rollands out.
[19:29:15] <+Cmdr_Jordan> :on the Padd, munching:: This will be fun. I might get use my other skill sets down there.
[19:29:33] <+LtBlackburn> ::elbows Ricker:: Got your pistol?
[19:29:34] <@DrCeja> Who plays water polo?
[19:29:44] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Doublechecks everyone and then looks to Nguyen:: I think we're all set.
[19:29:47] <@FstLtAklar> ::he arched a brow at Jordan.:: I don't think there'll be time for samba lessons.
[19:29:54] <+EnsRicker> :: Then checks the Klingon Disrupter he had in his ankle holster::
[19:29:55] <@FstLtAklar> ::He motioned with his chin to Nguyen.::
[19:29:58] <+LtNguyen> ::To Aklar:: You wound me, sir.
[19:30:04] <+LtNguyen> Ready for transport on your mark.
[19:30:14] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Nods to Nguyen::
[19:30:15] <+Cmdr_Jordan> There is always time for samba lessons, deary. ::Munch::
[19:30:24] <@DrCeja> ::Looks surprised:: He does? You do? ::The latter to Nguyen::
[19:30:34] <+FstLtRayus> :: Does a final check of his assorted weapons and gear, and satisfied that they are all there, steps onto the transporter pad ::
[19:30:40] <+EnsRicker> :: Looks up and realizes that everyone is eating cookies:: Where did those come from?
[19:30:57] <+Cmdr_Jordan> I baked them ::She grinned a chocolate chip cookie grin at Ricker::
[19:31:10] <+LtNguyen> ::Frowns at the cookies:: That's how you get ants.
[19:31:11] <@FstLtAklar> The Intergalactic Girl Guides.
[19:31:19] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Ricker :: Who cares about cookies, we get to explore ruins!
[19:31:30] <+Cmdr_Jordan> I'll clean up later, Nguyen!
[19:31:40] <@DrCeja> ::Smiles and tucks the second cookie away.:: Talking of ruins.. are we going?
[19:31:43] <@LtCmdrRollands> Beam us down, Nguyen.
[19:31:44] <+EnsRicker> :: Is confused:: YOU did?
[19:31:56] <+Cmdr_Jordan> :she nodded at Ricker::
[19:32:12] <+LtNguyen> ::Narrows his eyes at Jordan, then nods to Rollands:: Aye aye. Energizing.
[19:32:16] <+EnsRicker> I dont know why commander but that worries me.
[19:32:21] <@FstLtAklar> ::He turned to Ricker and mouthed the word baked and did air quotes.::
[19:32:22] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She winked at Nguyen::
[19:32:29] <+LtNguyen> ::Moves his hands across the controls in his usual fashion, but without quite as much panache::
[19:32:40] <+EnsRicker> :: winks back at Aklar::
[19:32:45] <+LtBlackburn> I wouldn't be touching them either Luc.
[19:32:46] <+Cmdr_Jordan> I saw that, Drogan.
[19:32:54] <@FstLtAklar> ::He waggled his eye brows at Ricker.::
[19:32:55] <+LtBlackburn> She scares me.
[19:32:59] <@DrCeja> ::Watches Nguyen with a small frown on her face.::
[19:33:09] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Rolls her eyes at the mood of the crew as they are beamed down::
[19:33:10] <+FstLtRayus> :: Stands happily, humming a tune ::
[19:33:13] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Your loss, Blackburn. More for me. ::She chuckled and started chomping on another one::
[19:33:36] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TRANSPORTER ROOM BEGINS TO GLOW WITH A GOLDEN COLOR. THE SOUND OF CHIMES AND AN ELECTRONIC WHIR FILLS THE AIR, AND SILVERY LIGHTS FLASH ALL AROUND THE TEAM.
[19:33:50] <+LtNguyen> Wh -- hold on...
[19:34:03] <+LtBlackburn> This doesn't seem right....
[19:34:08] <+EnsRicker> :: To Blackburn:: My theory is that if they crunch they're no good anyway. Chewy is best::
[19:34:09] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks around:: This isn't right...Nguyen!
[19:34:10] <+LtNguyen> ::Begins to quickly tap on the controls with one hand, while holding the dematerialization process with the other::
[19:34:16] <@DrCeja> ::Looks up sharply at Nguyen's exclamation.::
[19:34:28] <+LtNguyen> +Warp+ Nguyen to Admiral Mitchell. Transport anomaly, sir.
[19:34:28] <+Cmdr_Jordan> We'll probably end up pregnant again
[19:34:39] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ...which would be cool this time, I believe.
[19:34:40] <+LtBlackburn> ::tries to jump off the Pad::
[19:34:43] <@DrCeja> Again?
[19:34:51] <~AdmWarp> +Nguyen+ Did you bring them back aboard, Chief?
[19:34:52] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks around after being beamed down, and then remembers what Nguyen said:: What happened?
[19:34:53] <+EnsRicker> :: Eyes wide as saucers:: PREGNANT?
[19:34:54] <@FstLtAklar> ::He arched a brow at Jordan.:: Pregnant?
[19:35:09] <@LtCmdrRollands> Get us back Nguyen!
[19:35:12] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Yes, there was an accident. I believe 3 of us ended up pregnant.
[19:35:15] <@DrCeja> I really need to review some of those older medical records.
[19:35:20] <+LtBlackburn> I don't want to be Pregnant!!!
[19:35:30] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Should have had a cookie...
[19:35:31] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TEAM IS UNABLE TO LEAVE THE PAD -- OR MOVE. THEY ARE NOW STUCK IN A SUNLIT QUANTUM RAINSTORM, PUNCTUATED BY TINES OF GOLDEN LIGHTING DANCING AROUND.
[19:35:46] <+FstLtRayus> I dont think you can get pregnant Jay. I wouldnt worry.
[19:35:47] <@DrCeja> But it would suit you Blackburn. ::Tries to move:: Uh..
[19:35:47] <+LtBlackburn> MMMMM!!!
[19:36:04] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Glares at Nguyen, unable to move:: What the hell is going on?
[19:36:08] <+LtBlackburn> It would NOT suit me!!
[19:36:10] <@FstLtAklar> ::He frowned.:: This... is seeming less right by the second.
[19:36:17] <+LtNguyen> +Warp+ I've stabilized them for now, sir, but I can't shut the system down. They're stuck mid-transport -- and that's not all, sir!
[19:36:23] <+EnsDrake> ::Kellen looks around not sure what's going on::
[19:36:24] <@DrCeja> I... uh..
[19:36:25] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks around with his eyes:: Well, this is interesting
[19:36:32] <@FstLtAklar> ::He realized of course, that he actually wasn't frowning but he intended to be.::
[19:36:44] <~AdmWarp> ::Rushes through the doors into the transporter room, which he sees is lit brightly by the golden light from the pad::
[19:36:47] <+FstLtRayus> :: Says casually :: This is awesome.
[19:37:03] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Catches Warp out of the corner of her eye::
[19:37:03] <+LtBlackburn> ::tries to mentally get into the computer to help Nguyen::
[19:37:10] <+LtJgGrimm> Now I kinda know what a Christmas tree fells like
[19:37:13] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks to Rayus:: Can you move at all?
[19:37:36] <~AdmWarp> ::Joins Nguyen at his station:: We're going to have to let them finish dematerializing, Chief. We'll lock them into a loopback circuit to isolate the pattern buffer from the emitters.
[19:37:37] <+FstLtRayus> :: Tries moving :: I dont think so. Can you?
[19:37:53] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> FROM THE CONVERSATION, IT IS CLEAR WARP AND NGUYEN CAN'T HEAR THE AWAY TEAM -- BUT THEY CAN ALL HEAR EACH OTHER.
[19:37:55] <+EnsRicker> I kinda have better things to be doing this afternoon then hanging out in here
[19:38:05] <+LtBlackburn> Come on.... Work!
[19:38:09] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::humming to herself:: Heaven let your light shine down.
[19:38:15] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THEN, THEY HEAR SOMETHING ELSE: "WELCOME, PLAYERS."
[19:38:16] <@LtCmdrRollands> I...they can't hear us! And we have no way to get their attention. ::Grumbles::
[19:38:18] <+LtBlackburn> ::tries again to enter the computer::
[19:38:27] <@DrCeja> It is ... ::Pauses:: Players?
[19:38:28] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Listens:: Players?
[19:38:32] <+LtBlackburn> Oh crud... not again.....
[19:38:40] <+EnsRicker> This doesnt sound good
[19:38:43] <+LtNguyen> I think that will work, sir! On your mark.
[19:38:47] <+FstLtRayus> Huh...I wonder what game were going to be playing.
[19:38:49] <~AdmWarp> Mark.
[19:39:04] <@DrCeja> Oh no. Not again.
[19:39:04] <+LtNguyen> ::Slides his hands the rest of the way along the three-bar dematerialization control interface::
[19:39:05] <+LtJgGrimm> Hopefully something entertaining, nothing I hate more than a boring game
[19:39:15] <@LtCmdrRollands> You don't want to know, Rayus...if it is what I think it is.
[19:39:17] <@FstLtAklar> This really grinds my gears....
[19:39:22] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Frowns:: What the heck? This better not be that one person again who forced us into a game that one time
[19:39:23] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::she tried to raise a brow at the players comment but it wouldn't budge::
[19:39:32] <+FstLtRayus> Is it deadly? If so I will enjoy it.
[19:39:35] <+EnsRicker> Last time I got called a player it didnt carry good connotations
[19:39:42] <@LtCmdrRollands> You wouldn't enjoy it, trust me.
[19:39:45] <@DrCeja> Nobody is allowed to get broken bits this time.
[19:39:49] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TRANSPORTER ROOM FADES, LEAVING ONLY A BRILLIANT GOLDEN LIGHT BEHIND. THE LIGHT IS WARM, LIKE A PLEASANT SUMMER AFTERNOON ON EARTH OR RISA.
[19:39:55] <+LtJgGrimm> If it involves firing on hostile targets, I'm up for it
[19:39:56] <@DrCeja> At all. I will grump.
[19:40:13] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Sighs:: Okay, now where are we?
[19:40:29] <+LtBlackburn> ::immediately goes into observation mode to see his surroundings::
[19:40:44] <+FstLtRayus> :: Nods to Grimm :: Whats the worst that could happen? We die?
[19:40:53] <+LtJgGrimm> We lose?
[19:40:54] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Can we move now?
[19:40:55] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE VOICE RETURNS: "WE LOOK FORWARD TO OBSERVING YOUR QUEST."
[19:41:04] <+LtBlackburn> You say it so calmly Rayus!
[19:41:10] <@DrCeja> Quests. Oh.. joyous.
[19:41:12] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Frowns:: Okay...I don't like that at all.
[19:41:22] <+LtBlackburn> Oh great, D&D come to life....
[19:41:28] <+Cmdr_Jordan> A questing we will go, a questing we will go...
[19:41:29] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THEN, THE GOLDEN LIGHT FADES... AND EVERYONE FINDS THEMSELVES STANDING IN A GRASSY FIELD. A BLUE SKY IS ABOVE, WITH FLUFFY CLOUDS DRIFTING OVERHEAD.
[19:41:33] <@DrCeja> D and who?
[19:41:33] <+EnsRicker> :: Keeps his eyes peeled, looking at the terrain and for other "Players"::
[19:41:55] <@LtCmdrRollands> This looks far too much like Earth.
[19:41:58] <@DrCeja> ::Immediately steps away from the group by one or two steps, pulling out her tricorder and starting to scan the area::
[19:42:08] <+LtBlackburn> D and D. Acronym for Dungeons and Dragons, an old Earth role playing game.
[19:42:16] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks around at the field and sky:: Commander, I think we need to try and figure out where we are and what we need to be doing
[19:42:22] <+EnsRicker> :: Pulls the standard issue phaser::
[19:42:23] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> AT ONE END OF THE FIELD IS A LOW STONE WALL, DETERIORATING IN PLACES. A SERIES OF ALCOVES ARE CUT INTO THE WALL, AND IN EACH THERE IS AN OBJECT.
[19:42:26] <@FstLtAklar> ::Drogan drew his tricorder, brandishing it wildly::
[19:42:30] <@DrCeja> I see. ::Said in the tone of voice that clearly states that she doesn't::
[19:42:38] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Tries to move then realizes she can and steps away a bit, tapping her combadge:: +Warp+ Rollands to Warp, can you read me?
[19:42:45] <+LtBlackburn> Great... this kind of game again
[19:43:06] <+LtBlackburn> Last time we played a game like this we were rescuing Warp's son.
[19:43:07] -!- EnsKellen [~Kellen@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.tulsok.sbcglobal.net] has joined #uss-potemkin
[19:43:09] <+Cmdr_Jordan> :She immediately popped another cookie into her mouth and started walking toward a wall:: Interesting. That could give us a clue as to what this game might be.
[19:43:11] -!- LtRayus [~Reven@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.tulsok.sbcglobal.net] has joined #uss-potemkin
[19:43:14] -!- mode/#uss-potemkin [+v EnsKellen] by LtCmdrRollands
[19:43:14] <+EnsRicker> :: Spies the stuff in the wall:: Theres objects over there...maybe they could help us?
[19:43:21] -!- mode/#uss-potemkin [+v LtRayus] by LtCmdrRollands
[19:43:27] -!- EnsDrake [~Kellen@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.tulsok.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Connection reset by peer]
[19:43:32] <@DrCeja> Blackburn you are not allowed to get hurt.
[19:43:33] <+LtRayus> (( Miss anything? ))
[19:43:41] <@LtCmdrRollands> Jordan! Hold up!
[19:43:48] <+LtBlackburn> You remember that one eh Doc?
[19:43:52] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE ALCOVES EACH CONTAIN A STONE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR. ONE IS A GLEAMING RUBY, ANOTHER A DEEP SAPPHIRE. THERE IS AN EMERALD AS GREEN AS THE SEA, AN AMETHYST OF RICHEST PURPLE, AND EVEN A GLEAMING FIRE OPAL.
[19:43:54] <@DrCeja> ::Shakes her head:: I'm getting nothing, what about you Aklar?
[19:44:00] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::she stopped in mid-chew:: You rang?
[19:44:02] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks around:: Is it bad that, given this perfectly serene status, I'm worried?
[19:44:16] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THERE IS NO RESPONSE VIA THE COMM.
[19:44:24] -!- FstLtRayus [~Reven@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.tulsok.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Ping timeout]
[19:44:30] <@FstLtAklar> Nothing but traces of gluten, succrose, lactose and carob.
[19:44:34] <+LtRayus> :: To Grimm :: I would prefer a desert.
[19:44:37] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks around, pulling out her own tricorder:: Yes, we're staying together. If this is anything like last time, we need to. ::Sighs:: No comm response.
[19:44:40] -!- LtRayus is now known as FstLtRayus
[19:45:01] <+LtBlackburn> :: pulls out his plasma disruptor pistol to test it::
[19:45:06] <+LtJgGrimm> I'm okay with a beach...amphibious training was always interesting. That and I was married on a beach
[19:45:21] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She waited, still looking at the wall and what it contains::
[19:45:22] <@DrCeja> Other than in the cookie. ::Shakes her head slightly and walks over to join Jordan.:: These are. beautiful..
[19:45:39] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Shakes her head:: I don't think we have a choice but to play along. Come on guys, to the wall. But don't touch anything yet.
[19:45:49] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks and nods to Grimm:: I wouldn't mind a litle underwater work myself on this
[19:45:55] <@DrCeja> ::Scans the gemstones::
[19:45:58] <+EnsRicker> :: Still looking at the shiny things in the wall:: Im sure there is a Rule of Acquisition about gems...Shall I go take a look?
[19:46:10] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> AS THE TEAM APPROACHES THE WALL, THEY CAN SEE THAT EACH ALCOVE CONTAINS A GATE. THE WALL STRETCHES AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE, OVER THE EDGES OF THE HILLS. THE GATES SEEM TO BE THE ONLY WAY THROUGH.
[19:46:15] <@FstLtAklar> No, i mean, that aside from the crumbs I'm not picking up anything else. Suspciously blank scans.
[19:46:47] <@DrCeja> ::Stands in front of one of the gates, peering through::
[19:46:49] <+EnsRicker> ((AFK))
[19:46:49] <@LtCmdrRollands> Blank scans? Me as well. ::Looks at the gates:: Alright, different than last time...
[19:46:52] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> EACH GEMSTONE SEEMS PERFECTLY ORDINARY. THE TRICORDER FINDS NOTHING AMISS.
[19:46:52] <+Cmdr_Jordan> I'd like the purple one...it's my favorite color. ::She was bouncing on the balls of her feet, excited to get under way::
[19:46:55] <@DrCeja> Mine too.
[19:47:20] <@DrCeja> The gems are normal, usual crystaline structure. Nothing unusual. Except they are stunning.
[19:47:26] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks at the gates trying to see whats past them. ::
[19:47:33] <+Cmdr_Jordan> And flawless, I'd imagine.
[19:47:33] <+LtBlackburn> Lets find out if our weapons work.... We lost them in the last game we played.... ::fires at a nearby wall::
[19:47:42] <@LtCmdrRollands> Blackburn!
[19:47:47] <@FstLtAklar> ::He arched a brow as he moved to stand beside Ceja.:: Don't get any ideas.
[19:47:57] <+EnsKellen> ::Walks over to a gate and looks around:: not sure what to make of this...
[19:48:00] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> BLACKBURN'S PHASER BEAM LANCES OUT... AND THEN CURVES UPWARD?
[19:48:10] <+LtBlackburn> What the?!?!
[19:48:13] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Watches the beam:: That's....different.
[19:48:25] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> IT STRIKES A HILL ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL. THE GRASS ON THE HILL CATCHES FIRE, AND A QUICK COLUMN OF SMOKE ARISES.
[19:48:31] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Casts a stern look at Blackburn:: No shooting at ghosts please
[19:48:40] <+LtBlackburn> Fascinating....
[19:48:42] <@DrCeja> ::Looks confused:: Wha? Sometimes I really don't understand you Drogan..
[19:48:42] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE SMOKE FADES... AND A HUMANOID FIGURE STANDS IN ITS PLACE.
[19:48:45] <@FstLtAklar> Someone take Mr. Blackburn's phaser before he kills one of us.
[19:48:51] <@DrCeja> Look!
[19:49:03] <@LtCmdrRollands> No shooting at all. ::Looks over at the hill:: Okay...fire creates humanoid?
[19:49:06] <+LtBlackburn> I was just seeing if our weapons worked or not!
[19:49:11] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Sees the figure:: Who or what is that?
[19:49:20] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks at the figure ::
[19:49:24] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE FIGURE IS A TALL MAN, WITH A LONG FLOWING BEARD AND A WHITE CLOAK.
[19:49:25] <+LtJgGrimm> Well, then I guess your answer is both yes and no
[19:49:37] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She leaned closer to the purple stone:: Beautiful.
[19:49:46] -!- CmdrArnet [~SirThomas@MagicStar-667E1403.sxfl.qwest.net] has joined #uss-potemkin
[19:49:50] <~AdmWarp> <<Hey Arnet!>>
[19:49:53] -!- mode/#uss-potemkin [+o CmdrArnet] by LtCmdrRollands
[19:49:53] <@DrCeja> ::To Jordan:: Careful! Don't touch.
[19:49:54] <+LtBlackburn> ((hi arnet!))
[19:49:56] <@CmdrArnet> <<Good evening all!>>
[19:49:56] <@DrCeja> ((Hi Boss))
[19:49:58] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Nudges Jordan:: It is, but we can't touch them.
[19:50:02] <@LtCmdrRollands> ((Hi Arnet :) ))
[19:50:13] <@FstLtAklar> Looks a bit that guy in all those paintings on Earth.
[19:50:20] <@FstLtAklar> a bit like that*
[19:50:26] <+FstLtRayus> Gandalf?
[19:50:27] -!- LtNguyen is now known as Gorion
[19:50:30] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Then why are you nudging me while I am leaning close to one of them..... ::She was just looking::
[19:50:38] <+Gorion> Welcome, players.
[19:50:48] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Sighs, and looks to the man on the hill::
[19:50:54] <+LtBlackburn> Hello Dungeon Master.
[19:50:57] <@FstLtAklar> Yes, the ancient diety Gandalf.
[19:51:06] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::she straightened up and looked at the one who spoke::
[19:51:08] <+EnsKellen> I don't like this place...
[19:51:09] <+EnsRicker> ((Back))
[19:51:17] <+Gorion> Dungeon master? There are no dungeons here.
[19:51:23] <@LtCmdrRollands> Everyone quiet. Let's hear what is being said. Or this could be a mess.
[19:51:35] <+LtBlackburn> Apologies, a reference to another game.
[19:51:41] <@DrCeja> There was a deity called Gandalf? Was he powerful?
[19:51:43] <+EnsRicker> :: Looks at the old man:: A wizard? this game is getting interesting.
[19:52:04] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::she chuckled at Ceja's question. Oh she needed to let Ceja borrow some books::
[19:52:21] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Ceja :: Apparently he was insanely powerful.
[19:52:32] <@FstLtAklar> Aren't they all?
[19:52:38] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks back to the one on the hill:: Can you explain why we are here?
[19:52:39] <+LtCdrMelina> (BRB)
[19:52:43] <+LtJgGrimm> He was a literary character
[19:52:51] <+LtBlackburn> But powerful enough to curve an energy beam?
[19:52:52] <@DrCeja> ::To Grimm:: Spoilsport.
[19:52:52] <@FstLtAklar> Aren't they all?
[19:53:08] <+Gorion> ::Looks puzzled:: I was to ask you that question. Why *are* you here?
[19:53:14] <+EnsKellen> so he was like batman?
[19:53:35] <@DrCeja> Shhh.
[19:53:37] <@LtCmdrRollands> We...we don't know. We aren't sure why we were brought here besides our transporter went wrong.
[19:53:38] <+EnsRicker> :: Looks to Kellen:: Klingons know about Batman?
[19:53:41] <@FstLtAklar> We asked first.
[19:53:43] <@DrCeja> ::Moves a step closer to Aklar::
[19:53:51] <+FstLtRayus> :: Attempts to answer the gandalf like man :: Because where we were before was boring?
[19:53:58] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Sighs, hoping not to get into a huge philosophical debate::
[19:54:08] <+Gorion> ::Nods, with a twinkle entering his eye:: A transporter. Yes, now I understand.
[19:54:20] <+EnsKellen> I am a quarter human Luc...
[19:54:32] <@DrCeja> ::Sighs and walks closer to the man, listening::
[19:54:39] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Sighs:: Everyone, shush. ::Looks back:: Care to explain?
[19:54:43] <+Gorion> ::Addresses the group:: Before you are the Stones of Alariac, relics of our realm.
[19:54:54] <+LtCdrMelina> (Back)
[19:54:55] <+Gorion> They will give you the answers you seek.
[19:55:00] <+LtBlackburn> If you are going to compare him to a wizard then Dumbledore is a better literary reference. Manipulative bastard...
[19:55:01] <+FstLtRayus> :: Nods :: Awesome
[19:55:15] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Snaps head at the others:: Quiet!
[19:55:16] <+LtBlackburn> And did I mention cryptic?
[19:55:38] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::her gaze immediately went back to the stones. She was going to enjoy this::
[19:55:48] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks back:: Is that all that we get? Nothing more?
[19:55:49] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks to the stones with curiosity:: How would they give us the answer?
[19:55:50] <+FstLtRayus> :: Pretends to continue speaking in defiance ::
[19:56:18] <@DrCeja> Thank you for your guidance. Do you have any other .. uh.. clues to share?
[19:56:32] <+Gorion> ::Makes a sweeping motion towards the stones:: You will see. If you require aid, simply call my name, and you shall receive it. I am Gorion.
[19:57:06] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::with that, she reached out and touched the purple stone::
[19:57:09] <+LtBlackburn> Finally... a name.
[19:57:13] <@DrCeja> Well met Gorion. ::Inclines her head slightly.:: My name is Teagan.
[19:57:22] <@LtCmdrRollands> Right, Gorion. I guess that is all. ::Turns to the others, then sees Jordan:: Ah...too late.
[19:57:39] <@FstLtAklar> ::He turned to regard Jordan.:: Of course...
[19:58:13] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> VIOLET LIGHT SURROUNDS JORDAN AS SHE TOUCHES THE STONE. SHE IS ENVELOPED IN THE LIGHT... AND THEN EMERGES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GATE, WITH HER UNIFORM'S COLOR TURNED AS PURPLE AS THE STONE.
[19:58:29] <+LtBlackburn> Fascinating....
[19:58:32] <@DrCeja> Oh!
[19:58:48] <@FstLtAklar> That is certainly not her color.
[19:58:58] <+EnsRicker> :: Notices the flash of light from the corner of his eye:: Ummm....
[19:58:59] <~AdmWarp> <<Feel free to pick your own colors, everyone. :) But don't use a color someone else has already claimed.>>
[19:59:10] <+EnsKellen> so much for regulation colors...
[19:59:22] <@LtCmdrRollands> ((Changed what I was about to type! Darn...))
[19:59:27] <@DrCeja> ::Walks over to the stones, and touches the Emerald::
[19:59:40] <@FstLtAklar> Is that... really an answer, though?
[19:59:41] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She grinned at Aklar:: You are just jealous because you wanted the purple one. ::She chuckled fiddled with her purple clothing::'
[19:59:58] <+LtBlackburn> ((but there are only five colors))
[19:59:58] <+FstLtRayus> :: Walks up and touches the red one ::
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Sim Log: Game Over

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:39 pm

[20:00:03] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Sighs:: We each have to choose our own. ::Nods:: Do as Jordan did, but don't go any further.
[20:00:07] <+EnsRicker> :: Skips like a toddler:: OOO OOO OOO I claim the blue one!!
[20:00:11] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Chuckles a bit:: Thankfully there aren't any diamonds
[20:00:27] <+LtBlackburn> ((or are there?))
[20:00:30] <@DrCeja> ::Looks down at her uniform, glad that she usually wears green when not on duty.::
[20:00:39] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Mother of Pearl would make someone swirly..and sparkly
[20:00:41] <~AdmWarp> <<Depends on whose definition of colors you choose to believe.>>
[20:01:08] <@FstLtAklar> ::Drogan moved and touched the red gem.:: Fine... fine...
[20:01:12] <+LtCdrMelina> (So there are enough for each person?)
[20:01:14] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks along the line and goes to the fire opal, touching that one and ending up on the other side of the gate::
[20:01:22] <@FstLtAklar> ::He was a bit surprised to come out Blood Orange on the other end.::
[20:01:24] <@FstLtAklar> Huh...
[20:01:25] <~AdmWarp> <<Yes. I didn't list all of the colors.>>
[20:01:28] <+EnsRicker> :: Runs up to the Sapphire stone like he was 10 again and touches it, changing like the others::
[20:01:30] <~AdmWarp> <<Pick one that you think is appropriate.>>
[20:02:02] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Shrugs and touches the Opal, emerges with a pitch black uniform::
[20:02:26] <@DrCeja> ::Looks around and smiles when she sees Drogan.:: That suits you!
[20:02:28] <+Cmdr_Jordan> You do realize that I will be asking for a purple uniform after this right? ::She grinned and stuffed another cookie into her mouth::
[20:02:29] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks at the different colors and chooses the one that is a basic yet simple black::
[20:02:30] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TEAM CHOOSES COLORS, AND EMERGES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL.
[20:02:32] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks himself up and down:: Well, certainly not as festive as everyone else
[20:02:34] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks down at her outfit:: Interesting colors.
[20:02:47] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> AFTER THEY ARE ALL STANDING THERE, GORION NODS APPROVINGLY.
[20:02:57] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks at himself :: Back in red huh. I can dig it.
[20:02:59] <+Gorion> Go forth on your quest, and learn the answers to the questions you seek.
[20:03:03] <+EnsRicker> :: Admires his new uniform:: Now how are these stones supposed to answer our questions?
[20:03:05] <+LtBlackburn> ::after taking a strange silver stone:: Well then....
[20:03:14] <@FstLtAklar> Could you be any less helpful, Gorion?
[20:03:26] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks at everyone else, then back at Gorion:: Right, well I suppose we have no choice but to go along the paths.
[20:03:28] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Gorion, I actually have a question for you.
[20:03:29] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> ANOTHER PUFF OF SMOKE APPEARS, AND ENVELOPS THE BEARDED MAN. HE VANISHES.
[20:03:41] <@DrCeja> You're out of luck Jordan.
[20:03:43] <@FstLtAklar> Yeah... that's about what I was expecting.
[20:03:44] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ...maybe later.
[20:03:46] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> AS SOON AS HE DISAPPEARS, THE WORLD VANISHES AS WELL. THEN -- SPLASH!
[20:04:02] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TEAM DROPS INTO MURKY WATER. A GREEN LIGHT FILTERS IN FROM OVERHEAD.
[20:04:25] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Feels herself land in water and tries to get her bearing, and looks up at the light::
[20:04:28] <@DrCeja> ::Chokes and starts swimming towards the light::
[20:04:40] <+EnsRicker> :: Is shocked by the realization that he is now underwater and tries not to open his mouth::
[20:04:54] <@FstLtAklar> Great Gatsby that's cold.
[20:05:02] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She held onto her stone and stood up, seeing if she could stand and walk, instead of tread water or swim::
[20:05:09] <+LtBlackburn> Ugghh... I hate water.... ::tries to swim but has little success::
[20:05:17] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> AS EVERYONE SURFACES, THEY SEE TREES AND VINES OVERHEAD, CHOKING OUT THE LIGHT FROM THE SKY. A MUDDY BANK IS A FEW METERS AWAY, WITH A PATCH OF SCRAGGLY GRASS AND A FEW GNARLED BUSHES BEYOND IT.
[20:05:41] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Quickly takes a look around before swimming off::
[20:05:53] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Swims freely through the water, keeping a careful eye on Blackburn who wasn't doing so well::
[20:05:54] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Gets to the surface and looks around, seeing the patch of grass:: Everyone, over there! ::Nods to the grass, swimming towards it::
[20:05:58] <@DrCeja> ::Takes a deep breath, walking out of the water. :: Right..
[20:06:00] <+FstLtRayus> :: Heads towards the bank, instinctively ::
[20:06:02] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She headed for the bank, taking a few moments to get the water out of her hair and as much out of her clothes as she could::
[20:06:08] <+EnsRicker> :: Makes for the bank, watching the vines for snakes...he hates snakes::
[20:06:23] <+LtBlackburn> :: seeing the bank, struggles harder to make it there::
[20:06:31] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Gets onto land and then tries to get rid of the water in her ears:: Okay, everyone doing alright?
[20:06:34] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Gets to the bank, doing a quick weapons check for any sign of damage::
[20:06:49] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Ceja, would a fire be advisable to help beat back the cold of the wateR?
[20:06:53] <@DrCeja> Is everyone alright?
[20:07:00] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks to Melina:: Help Blackburn, would you?
[20:07:02] <@DrCeja> We need to get warm.
[20:07:03] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TEAM IS IN A SWAMP. TREES CREAK AND GROAN; SMALL CREATURES RUSTLE IN THE DANK UNDERBRUSH; VINES DRAPE FROM EVERYTHING AND TRY TO STRANGLE THE TREES THEY TOUCH.
[20:07:09] <+LtBlackburn> ::is only half way to shore::
[20:07:20] <+FstLtRayus> :: Emerges onto the bank :: You want to hear a miracle? I come from a desert planet, and yet I still know how to swim.
[20:07:29] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She started ripping vines down, along with any branches she could reach, tossing them into a pile::
[20:07:36] <+LtJgGrimm> Well, they say miracles happen every day
[20:07:45] <@DrCeja> Someone help Blackburn!
[20:07:48] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Swims up to Blackburn and offers to help him:: Hold onto me
[20:08:10] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Nods to Ceja:: I think the only way to warm up will be...exactly what Jordan is doing. ::Looks to Melina:: Thanks, Melina!
[20:08:14] <+LtBlackburn> ::grabs onto Melina:: Save me!!
[20:08:16] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Seems we are in a swamp so these will be damp. Granted, a phaser blast will ignite them..most likely. ::She grabbed some leaves..the drier the better for kindling and dropped them onto the growing pile::
[20:08:47] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Feels Blackburn grab onto her and swims them both not only to the surface, but closer to shore:: Easy. We're almost there
[20:08:58] -!- CmdrArnet is now known as Lysarth
[20:09:03] <@LtCmdrRollands> Those of you that brought phasers, try to light the pile up. Ceja is right, we need to warm up.
[20:09:05] <@DrCeja> ::Looks around the area::
[20:09:21] <+LtBlackburn> ::drags himself onto shore, coughing::
[20:09:31] <+Cmdr_Jordan> I would also suggest taking off the damp clothing, but.... ::She smirked::...well, we won't go there.
[20:09:41] <@LtCmdrRollands> Drogan, scan the area, would you? See if we've got anything to go off of.
[20:09:44] <@DrCeja> ::To Jordan:: That's one wya to get warm.
[20:09:45] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Steps onto shore, staying near Blackburn:: Are you okay?
[20:09:48] <@DrCeja> way*
[20:09:58] <@Lysarth> ACTION> SUDDENLY THERE IS A RUSTLING IN THE TREES ABOVE THE AWAY TEAM! A DARK FIGURE DROPS DOWN ON THE GROUND NEXT TO THEM - A MUSCULAR REPTILIAN FIGURE WEARING WOODEN ARMOR!
[20:10:04] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TEAM FINDS THAT THEIR PHASERS NO LONGER WORK. A VOICE BOOMS FROM THE SKY: "ANACHRONISM WARNING: USE OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY NOT ALLOWED."
[20:10:07] <+EnsRicker> :: Takes out his standard issue phaser:: Ready to fire
[20:10:13] <@FstLtAklar> ((Back! Sorry had to go AFK quickly))
[20:10:18] <@Lysarth> Trespassers!
[20:10:20] <+LtBlackburn> ::extremely embarrassed:: um... I think so
[20:10:26] <+EnsRicker> :: Retrains his phaser on the new individual::
[20:10:32] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Jumps back:: We're not trespassers! We were brought here.
[20:10:40] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Well.... ::Seeing the newcomer::
[20:10:42] <+FstLtRayus> :: Quickly pulls his dagger from his boot, and prepares to defend himself ::
[20:10:44] <@DrCeja> ::Backs away from the figure.:: Hey!
[20:10:49] <@FstLtAklar> Yeah..I've got nothing. It's not... ::He paused and the pointed to the sky to indicate the warning.::
[20:10:53] <@Lysarth> There are only trespassers here
[20:10:58] <@Lysarth> Come to conquer us!
[20:10:59] <+LtBlackburn> Uhh... thanks Melina...
[20:11:05] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Does the same, quite a large knife at that::
[20:11:20] <@Lysarth> ::thumps his armors:: But we are not so easily defeated!
[20:11:28] <@Lysarth> ::motions to the swamp:: This is our territory!
[20:11:31] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She moved off behind a tree, quickly scaling and getting onto a sturdy branch, looking down. She was basically home here::
[20:11:33] <@LtCmdrRollands> Phasers away, knives away too guys. ::Looks to the one who appeared:: We don't wish to defeat you. We only wish to get home.
[20:11:34] <+LtBlackburn> ::too busy being embarrassed to really notice the reptilian thing::
[20:11:35] <+EnsRicker> ::Holsters the phaser and assumes a martial arts pose::
[20:11:47] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Nods:: No problem. If you want to take up swimming sometime, let me know. I could help you out while you get used to your legs again
[20:11:47] <@DrCeja> ::Raises her hands, showing them to be empty:: No!
[20:12:06] <@Lysarth> Lies! There is on strength and conquering!
[20:12:11] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks up at Jordan:: Get back down here!
[20:12:13] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Rollands :: Its a game, I am like eighty percent sure, we have to fight someone. Its just how these things go.
[20:12:17] <+LtBlackburn> Thanks... I never have been very good in water....
[20:12:28] <@Lysarth> We came from these waters eons ago, and have conquered everything here. It is our dominion.
[20:12:51] <@LtCmdrRollands> May we have safe passage through it? We won't hurt anything or your people.
[20:13:03] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Nods to Rayus:: I'm trying to avoid that...
[20:13:04] <@DrCeja> ::Walks forward again, still with her hands held out.:: We honour your dominion. We are not here to harm.
[20:13:15] <@Lysarth> ::snarls:: There is no safe passage.
[20:13:17] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She shook her head slightly at Rollands, but came back down, sullenly::
[20:13:25] <@Lysarth> You must conquer or be conquered.
[20:13:27] <+LtCdrMelina> It's just a matter of learning. Anyone can learn, really ::Puts a hand on his shoulder in a show of support::
[20:13:37] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Frowns:: I wasn't wanting to hear that.
[20:13:41] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Cocks and eyebrow:: I don't do well with being conquered
[20:13:47] <@DrCeja> ::To Rollands:: Neither was I.
[20:13:55] <+EnsRicker> :: Reassumes attack position::
[20:14:02] <+LtBlackburn> :: standing up:: Ill Remember that. May take you up on the offer even.
[20:14:07] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::softly::...and I had a lofty high position just previously.
[20:14:17] <@Lysarth> ::to Grimm:: Then conquer. You must take. That is how we became lords of this land.
[20:14:43] <@LtCmdrRollands> I don't think we have a choice then. If this is the only way, then we will have to fight. ::Looks to Jordan:: I'm sorry, I was trying to avoid a fight. ::Looks to the rest:: Well...we know what we have to do.
[20:14:52] <@DrCeja> ::Quietly:: If any of you get hurt doing this, I'm going to wrap your wounds in swamp weed.::
[20:14:55] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Points the knife at the creature before him:: That just depends on how much you're willing to give I suppose
[20:15:05] <+LtBlackburn> Now fighting on the other hand, ::finally seeing the beast:: I can do! ::cracks his knuckles loudly::
[20:15:06] <@DrCeja> There has to be another way.
[20:15:14] <@Lysarth> :suddenly rushes Grimm, swiping with large claw-like hands!::
[20:15:37] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks sad :: Why is Grimm the only one who gets to fight a lizard man?
[20:15:47] -!- FstLtAklar [~praxjarvi@MagicStar-FDD14E19.dyn.optonline.net] has quit [Disintegrated: FstLtAklar]
[20:15:48] <@DrCeja> ::Yelps and jumps backwards.:: Or not.
[20:15:57] <+LtBlackburn> Watch what you wish for Rayus!
[20:16:07] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Was about to say something when Grimm was rushed at:: So much for another option! Defend yourselves everyone!
[20:16:15] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Watches the lizard rush him and grips the knife a bit firmer before dodging a claw then deftly hamstrining the poor creature::
[20:16:18] <+EnsRicker> :: Goes for the creatures knee while he has his back turned::
[20:16:37] <@Lysarth> ACTION> THE CREATURE IS QUICKER THAN GRIMM ACCOUNTED FOR - HIS KNIFE CUTS, BUT NOT DEEPLY
[20:16:43] <+LtBlackburn> Tut tut Luc! How dishonorable of you!
[20:17:00] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Mumbles something about being out of practice in hand-to-hand combat, but then tries to help with the creature::
[20:17:11] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Twirls the knife in his hand:: Alright, have anything better than that?
[20:17:16] <@Lysarth> ACTION> LYSARTH PUSHES GRIMM OUT OF THE WAY AND NEXT RUSHES BLACKBURN!
[20:17:34] <+LtBlackburn> After me now eh?
[20:17:55] <@Lysarth> ::doesn't respond with anything other than a snarl::
[20:18:04] <+LtBlackburn> Lets see how good my Judo is after these years!
[20:18:08] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Puts out a hand to Grimm to help him up:: You alright?
[20:18:12] <+EnsRicker> Runs after the lizard thing but grabs some of the vines that Jordan had taken down before
[20:18:13] <+LtBlackburn> ::attempts a hip throw::
[20:18:39] <+FstLtRayus> :: Stands in a defensive posture, ready for battle ::
[20:18:40] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She took up a defensive crouch, ready to spring. She still had her stone and that made for a nice cranial impact enhancer if needed::
[20:18:52] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Gets up without the help:: I'm fine ::Pursues the creature::
[20:19:09] <@Lysarth> ACTION> LYSARTH GRABS BLACKBURN'S THROW, LATCHING ON TO HIS CLOTHES, THEN WITH SOME STRENGTH, THROWS BLACKBURN BACK INTO THE WATER!
[20:19:20] <@DrCeja> ::Keeps some distance from the determined creature::
[20:19:24] <+EnsRicker> :: Pulls the vine taught between his hands as he runs::
[20:19:25] <@Lysarth> ::ROARS!::
[20:19:40] <+FstLtRayus> :: Beats his chest and roars back ::
[20:19:43] <@Lysarth> ::turns to face Grimm::
[20:19:45] <+LtBlackburn> AAAAHHH!!!! NOT THE WATER!!!! ::GURGLE GURGLE::
[20:19:51] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Coming up behind the creature, rams the knife into the creature's torso::
[20:19:53] <+EnsRicker> :: Catches up to the lizard thing and throws the vine around the creatures neck and pulls tight::
[20:19:53] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Frowns:: Kick it up a notch guys! ::Grumbles under her breath and then rushes after the creature:: Mel, get Blackburn!
[20:19:55] <@DrCeja> Melina! Get Blackburn!
[20:20:21] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Runs into the water and swims after Blackburn::
[20:20:36] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Twists as hard as he can, tearing flesh quite a bit::
[20:20:53] <@Lysarth> ACTION> THE CREATURE STOPS GRIMMS KNIFE BEFORE IT STABS HIM, BUT IS DISTRATED AND CAUGHT UP IN RICKER'S VINES
[20:21:07] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Swims up to Blackburn quickly and tries to grab onto him::
[20:21:07] <@DrCeja> ::heads to the shore to help Melina with Blackburn::
[20:21:08] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Rollands :: Its just one lizard thing, in melee combat. It would dishonor him for me to join in without him engaging me first.
[20:21:15] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She hurled the purple stone, aiming for the creature's head while he was distracted::
[20:21:17] <+EnsRicker> :: Pulls the vines tighter, trying to choke the assailant::
[20:21:22] <+LtBlackburn> :: struggling to stay at the surface:: Im gonna get you ::gurgle:: ITCH!
[20:21:31] <@Lysarth> ::tries to rip the vines away while swatting at Grimm and the rest to keep away::
[20:21:38] <@Lysarth> ::ducks Jordan's rock::
[20:21:45] <@LtCmdrRollands> Don't worry about honor! Just get in there! ::Helps pull the vines tighter::
[20:22:04] <+EnsRicker> :: Jumps on to the creatures back to use his feet for leverage::
[20:22:06] <@Lysarth> ::is able to tear away one of the vines holding him!::
[20:22:11] <@DrCeja> ::Wades into the water::
[20:22:12] <+FstLtRayus> :: Is taken aback :: Dont worry about honor?!?
[20:22:27] <@Lysarth> ::is forced down by the weight of Ricker!::
[20:22:33] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Continues to try and grab onto Blackburn::
[20:22:35] <+LtBlackburn> ::grabs Mealina:: So we meet again!
[20:22:42] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Wraps his own arms around the creature's neck, trying to get into a position to snap it if he could::
[20:22:47] <@DrCeja> Blackburn! Stop struggling, let Meliina help you!
[20:22:59] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Notices the vine tearing and attempts to jump onto the back of the creature, but is beaten too it:: I'm starting to get angry at you, whoever you are!!! ::To the creature::
[20:23:18] <@Lysarth> ::roars in frustration as he is wrestled to the ground!::
[20:23:37] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::stood back and watched the creature's actions..fast and strong for sure. She grabbed a few move vines and moved over quickly:: Tie him up if we can.
[20:23:42] <+EnsRicker> :: His hand almost slips as the vine breaks but he quickly wraps the vine around the back of his hand and pulls tighter::
[20:23:44] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Feels Blackburn grab on and keeps them both at he surface:: Your favorite life preserver, at your service
[20:24:04] <@DrCeja> ::Waves for them to come to shore:: Come on!
[20:24:06] <@LtCmdrRollands> My thinking exactly, Jordan.
[20:24:08] <@Lysarth> You cannot defeat me! I am Lysarth!
[20:24:37] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::she handed Rollands a vine, then she moved to sit on his legs, wrapping the vine around them several times::
[20:24:40] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Starts swimming Blackburn to shore::
[20:24:45] <+EnsRicker> :: Through gritted teeth:: It seems you are fairly well defeated at the moment!
[20:24:59] <@DrCeja> ::Helps Blackburn once he is close enough to short to find his feet:: Come on Jay..
[20:25:04] <@LtCmdrRollands> Well, Lysarth, you are severly outnumbered. ::Grabs the vine and wraps them around his arms:: You are defeated I believe.
[20:25:16] <+LtBlackburn> I really hate these games....
[20:25:20] <@Lysarth> Nooooooo! I have been conquered!
[20:25:31] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Lets go after Lysarth gets hog-tied::
[20:25:43] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Pray they I do not tickle you, angry lizard man. ::She smirked and hopped off::
[20:25:57] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ((they=then))
[20:26:01] <+EnsRicker> :: Lets up a little to test the bonds:: Does that mean we win :: to the sky:: Gorion! DO WE WIN?
[20:26:01] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Steps away, sighing:: Now...everyone alright?
[20:26:13] <@DrCeja> Next time, be less.. I don't know.. throwable? ::Checks over Blackburn::
[20:26:18] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Goes to brush his uniform top off only to notice a large tear in it, then sighs:: Just great
[20:26:18] <+FstLtRayus> :: Sheathes his dagger back into his boot :: Im fine. A little dissapointed, but fine.
[20:26:20] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She went and retrieved her stone::
[20:26:37] <+EnsRicker> :: Rubs his sore arms:: I think I'll be ok
[20:26:42] <@LtCmdrRollands> Next time, Rayus, just jump in. We're fighting to get home.
[20:27:00] <+LtBlackburn> I was trying to throw him! He reversed me though.
[20:27:05] <@LtCmdrRollands> Gorion, where are we supposed to go next? ::Said just to the sky::
[20:27:11] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Climbs back on shore herself::
[20:27:14] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> GORION APPEARS.
[20:27:14] <+EnsRicker> :: Turns to Rayus:: Is it not honorable to help your fellow warriors? engaged or not?
[20:27:17] <@Lysarth> Remember - we once conquered this land. We dominated in order to survive.
[20:27:27] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::She sat about the dimished fire pile and began trying to make a fire. Stone, knife..sparks. Kindling, check. Let's see if this works. She started striking them together::
[20:27:42] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Turns towards Gorion::
[20:27:50] <+EnsRicker> :: Looks at the old man::
[20:28:00] <+Gorion> And as Lysarth and his people -- the Lysarians conquered -- so have you.
[20:28:13] <@DrCeja> ::Moves among the crew and checks each person quickly for wounds.::
[20:28:17] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Luc :: In normal combat, or ranged combat yes. But he was one enemy in melee combat. So no it would not have been honorable for me to join the battle.
[20:28:18] <+LtJgGrimm> Oh quiet down lizard, you just about mangled my uniform...not real happy about it
[20:28:36] <+Gorion> It is the way of things in the game of life.
[20:28:58] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> BOTH GORION AND LYSARTH VANISH. A MOMENT LATER, THE SWAMP DOES AS WELL.
[20:29:07] <@DrCeja> It is not the only way of things in the game of life. I am sworn to preserve life, not to take i... ::Sighs::
[20:29:10] <+FstLtRayus> :: Smirks :: If anything, I should have helped him.
[20:29:10] -!- Lysarth is now known as Disappeared
[20:29:14] <+Cmdr_Jordan> Come on baby, light my fire. ::she was still working on it...until the swamp frellin' vanished!!!::
[20:29:27] <+EnsRicker> :: realizes what is going on:: uh oh....level two
[20:29:30] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Frowns:: Now what?
[20:29:32] <+LtBlackburn> :: stands:: Finally! Away from this thrice darned water!
[20:29:49] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TEAM IS SUDDENLY DRY AND UNINJURED.
[20:30:05] <+LtBlackburn> ::feeling dry:: How nice.
[20:30:05] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ::Still puprle though. HA::
[20:30:10] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Notices everything disappear:: Remind me to keep my games to target practice and PT programs
[20:30:14] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks down at her uniform:: Dry...thank goodness.
[20:30:15] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> A GRAY SKY IS NOW VISIBLE OVERHEAD, AND THE TEAM IS IN THE SQUARE OF A SMALL VILLAGE
[20:30:20] <@DrCeja> ::Looks down at herself:: Oh good.
[20:30:34] <@DrCeja> ::And then looks around at the village.::
[20:30:38] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks around :: This could be fun.
[20:30:44] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Glances around:: Village, everyone stay together.
[20:30:46] <+LtBlackburn> ::checking his pistols:: Not getting caught without those again.
[20:30:55] <+EnsRicker> :: Begins looking for villagers....and pitchforks::
[20:30:57] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> HUTS ARE CROWDED AROUND A CENTRAL FIRE, BUT THEY ARE DAMAGED. IT APPEARS THERE HAS BEEN A RECENT STORM.
[20:31:07] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ((ENJJPT graduation tomorrow. TIme for me to go to bed. And for the record, I was nice, sweet, and all that for waaaaaaaay longer than 5 minutes!!))
[20:31:20] <@LtCmdrRollands> ((Night!!))
[20:31:29] <+EnsRicker> (( Lol Night))
[20:31:32] <+LtBlackburn> ((lol scary! Karma will make you horrid again next week!)
[20:31:42] <+Cmdr_Jordan> ((...with COOKIES!!!))
[20:31:50] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> SEVERAL DOWNTRODDEN VILLAGERS ARE SEATED AROUND THE FIRE, COOKING WHATEVER SMALL ANIMALS THEY'VE BEEN ABLE TO FIND IN THE NEARBY WOODS.
[20:31:55] -!- Cmdr_Jordan [Cmdr_Jorda@MagicStar-EF0C5172.sw.res.rr.com] has left #uss-potemkin []
[20:32:02] -!- Disappeared is now known as DowntroddenVillager
[20:32:08] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Nods to the group by the fire:: They don't look so good.
[20:32:19] <@DrCeja> They need help.
[20:32:33] <+LtBlackburn> ::his stomach grumbles:; That looks tasty....
[20:32:34] <@DowntroddenVillager> Snerf yesterday, snerf today and if don't look like snerf again tomorrow....
[20:32:40] <+EnsRicker> :: Scans the group for farming implements::
[20:32:47] -!- Gorion is now known as Narian
[20:32:59] <@LtCmdrRollands> Let's help them out. Come on everyone. ::Walks slowly over to the group as to not startle them::
[20:33:12] <+Narian> ::Kicks some dirt at the fire:: It just ain't fair.
[20:33:19] <+LtBlackburn> Got an Extra blade Rev?
[20:33:21] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Listens and think a minute:: True, they need it. But, should we give it? Old proverb, give a fish, eat a fish sort of thing
[20:33:21] <+Narian> Life ain't fair.
[20:33:29] <+LtBlackburn> I don't want to be caught unarmed again.
[20:33:30] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Walks toward the group slowly::
[20:33:34] <+LtJgGrimm> *teach to fish
[20:33:36] <@DowntroddenVillager> Not one bit ::roast his snerf::
[20:33:53] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks at them:: Are you all alright?
[20:34:06] <@DrCeja> What is not fair?
[20:34:12] <+EnsRicker> :: stays to the rear of the group this time::
[20:34:13] <+FstLtRayus> :: Reaches into his jacket and pulls out a decent sized combat knife :: Will this do Jay?
[20:34:15] <+Narian> ::Looks up at Rollands and glares at her:: Go find your own food. There's not enough for us here as it is!
[20:34:23] <@DowntroddenVillager> I'm eating snerf for the fifth straight day in a row!
[20:34:33] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Shakes her head:: We don't want your food, we want to see if you are alright.
[20:34:42] <+LtBlackburn> Ah! Yes quite so! Thanks Rev! ::takes the knife and straps it on::
[20:34:50] <+Narian> ::Looks at the missing roofs on the huts:: If we're all right? What's it look like?
[20:35:05] <+Narian> ::Stands up and kicks some dust at Rollands:: Get out of here. Go back to your own village!
[20:35:11] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::shakes head:: Darn outsiders
[20:35:14] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Jay :: Its days like this that I regret not carrying an actual sword with me at all times.
[20:35:28] <+LtJgGrimm> Quite a personable sort, aren't they?
[20:35:30] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Backs away:: We aren't from a village. We're explorers, trying to find our way home and ended up here.
[20:35:50] <+LtBlackburn> No kidding. Ive been thinking about getting one of those nifty duranium folding swords.
[20:35:50] <+Narian> ::Crosses his arms:: I don't much care who you are or where you're from. Go back and leave us be.
[20:35:59] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::scoffs:: Explorers? Probably trying to steal our food and wreck our village even more!
[20:36:01] <@DrCeja> ::Reaches into her medkit and pulls out the cookie she stashed earlier, walks to one of the villagers and offers it to him.:: Here.
[20:36:10] <@DrCeja> I do not have much, but you are welcome to what I have.
[20:36:20] <@DowntroddenVillager> What's this then?
[20:36:23] <+FstLtRayus> :: Reaches into his jacket and pulls out a standard issue food bar :: You can have this if you would like.
[20:36:34] <@DowntroddenVillager> Can we eat it?
[20:36:35] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks to Ceja, then back to the villagers:: We will share what we have, we have no reason to keep it all to ourselves.
[20:36:41] <+Narian> ::Scoffs and walks to the other side of the fire:: It's probably poison. We dont't want it.
[20:36:51] <+LtBlackburn> Ah! Combat rations! Reminds me of the good old days!
[20:36:59] <@DrCeja> ::Takes a small piece and eats it:: See? It is not poison.
[20:37:02] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::waves an annoyed hand Narian:: She's only been eating snerf for three days.
[20:37:10] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks to one of the villagers:: Is there a body of water nearby? I could teach you how to fish for food
[20:37:41] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks around the village a bit:: We could help you repair your homes, help you find more food. We don't want to be your enemy.
[20:37:45] <+Narian> ::Grabs a fallen piece of timber and lights it in the fire, then rushes back to the other side:: WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!
[20:37:46] <@DrCeja> ::Offers the cookie again::
[20:37:48] <+EnsRicker> (( Isnt that a bit cannabalistic for you Melina? lol))
[20:37:55] <+Narian> ::Swipes at the team with the improvised torch::
[20:38:13] <+LtBlackburn> ::eating the bar:: Certainly haven't changed the recipe....
[20:38:19] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::shrugs:: Head back to where you came from.
[20:38:23] <+EnsRicker> :: to the villager:: It may taste like poison but it does a body good when you are hungry
[20:38:32] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Backs away from the torch:: Come on guys, back away. They don't seem to want our help...
[20:38:40] <@DrCeja> ::Puts the cookie down near another villager.:: Can we help?
[20:38:48] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Rolls his eyes, not terribly in the mood for getting swiped at:: But that thing down before you hurt yourself
[20:39:01] <+LtJgGrimm> *Put
[20:39:36] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE OTHER VILLAGERS BACK AWAY AS WELL.
[20:39:46] <+FstLtRayus> :: Tosses the food bar towards the group of villagers, and then walks away exlporing the area a bit ::
[20:39:53] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::to Narian:: Put that down and get yourself some of what food is left.
[20:40:13] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Raises an eyebrow:: I'm not sure I quite understand this one...they don't want our help, and we can't force it.
[20:40:24] <+Narian> We can only depend on ourselves! They aren't here to help us.
[20:40:40] <+EnsRicker> :: Walks up behind Rollands:: Ma'am, we need to figure out what the challenge here is. Thats the only way we are going to progress
[20:40:51] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::To Narian:: Have we given you any reason to think we don't want to help? ::Nods to Ricker::
[20:40:53] <+LtBlackburn> The people in this game really don't like outsiders do they?
[20:40:56] <@DowntroddenVillager> I know it! But you are spending too much energy on fighting them off! Get some of what little food we have.
[20:41:34] <@DrCeja> ::Stands up and walks away.:: right, what have we learned? THey're hungry, they don't like help but indications are that they need help.
[20:41:48] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Thinks:: I wonder if there are any seeds and fields so they can grow their own food, in addiiton to fishing in the water for something they can catch
[20:42:01] <+Narian> ::Throws his torch in the fire and sighs, then goes off to get another piece of snerf::
[20:42:12] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Nods the group over:: We need to prove to them we can help, or get them something that they can help themselves with.
[20:42:35] <@LtCmdrRollands> They don't want to fight like the previous one.
[20:42:43] <@DrCeja> The one that keeps saying that they can only depend on themselves is controlling the group.
[20:43:09] <+Narian> ::Shouts:: My name is Narian, not that you care!
[20:43:30] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::shakes head:: Darn outsiders.
[20:43:33] <@DrCeja> I do care! My name is Teagan.
[20:43:38] <+EnsRicker> Is there a reason that you cant trust anyone but yourselves? Were you wronged by someone you trusted?
[20:43:42] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks over:: Actually, we do. My name is Jayla.
[20:43:43] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Rollands :: I can teach them how to survive in a dessert, or to wield a sword, or even to pilot stuff, but thats kinda the extent of my teaching skills.
[20:44:18] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::scoffs:: Teagen? Jayla? Where do they come up with these names?
[20:44:22] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Walks over to Rayus:: Don't suppose we entered a war-torn game do you? I mean, with what we just fought and the condition of this village
[20:44:24] <@DrCeja> ::To Narian:: Narian, are any of you hurt?
[20:44:32] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::points at Ceja:: You sure that's food?
[20:44:36] <+LtBlackburn> Jay. ::bows a bit::
[20:45:02] <@LtCmdrRollands> They are the names we were given when we were born. Please, will you allow us to help you?
[20:45:03] <@DrCeja> ::To The villager:: I am sure that is food. I have eaten it in front of you. May I sit with you?
[20:45:10] <+Narian> ::Scoffs and munches on his snerf::
[20:45:21] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::motions for Ceja to sit::
[20:45:41] <+FstLtRayus> :: Shrugs :: I dunno Grimm, this game isnt as fun as I thought it would be.
[20:45:44] <@DrCeja> ::Sits beside the villager, picking up the cookie and offering it again.:: What is your name? I am Teagan.
[20:46:27] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::looks at Narian and then back at Ceja:: I'm Valegur.
[20:46:31] <+LtJgGrimm> It would make sense though, suspicious villagers in a destroyed village, armor-wearing lizard man hell bent on conquest...
[20:46:33] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks at the others:: See if you can find any animals for food or anything that can help, but stay close.
[20:46:47] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::offers a bit of ... well it looks kind of like meat:: Snerf?
[20:46:53] <+LtBlackburn> I can hunt.
[20:47:20] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Kneels down next to Ceja, listening, then looks to Narian:: Would you like some of what we are offering, Narian?
[20:47:21] <+LtBlackburn> :: pulls out his tricorder, trying to find non humanoid lifesigns::
[20:47:28] <@DrCeja> Hello Valegur. Thank you. ::takes the Snerf and turns it over in her hands. Then.. hoping that it is not going to kill her, takes a piece and eats it.::
[20:47:57] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::points to the cooke Ceja had:: May I?
[20:48:02] <+FstLtRayus> :: To Blackburn :: I can hunt too, but I am kinda out of my element. Hunting back at home is a little different than hunting here. I am sure.
[20:48:04] <+Narian> ::Frowns:: No.
[20:48:06] <@DrCeja> Yes, please do.
[20:48:28] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Looks around a bit at the surrounding area, looking for any clues as to what may have transpired.::
[20:48:36] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::to Narian:: Wasn't asking you, was I?
[20:49:01] <~AdmWarp> Jayla or whatever her name is was.
[20:49:03] <+EnsRicker> :: To Rollands:: Ma'am, maybe if we got Narian distracted we could really get something out of the rest of them. He seems to be in charge
[20:49:05] <~AdmWarp> And I'm not interested. ::Crosses his arms::
[20:49:19] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::takes a bit of cookie and eyes go wide:: This is .... this is ... it's not meaty or planty!
[20:49:49] <@DowntroddenVillager> ::stuffs the rest in his mouth::
[20:50:04] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Sighs, Narian was going to be harder to work with than Valegur:: I'm sure you are tired of this snerf that you are eating. We can help you find other foods if you wish. ::Looks to Ricker:: I want them all to work together with us.
[20:50:05] <@DrCeja> No, it is not. ::Eats another piece of the snerf, trying very hard not to think of the taste.::
[20:50:46] <@DowntroddenVillager> Mmm ... I shall call this flavor ... Teagan-y!
[20:50:59] <@DrCeja> ::Chuckles:: Thank you.
[20:51:07] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Sits down with the rest of the group, sort of out of the way as to not irritate the locals:: So, what happened here?
[20:51:29] <@DrCeja> ::To Valegur:: Are any of you hurt?
[20:51:40] <@DowntroddenVillager> Only my stomach.
[20:51:43] <+EnsRicker> I dont think that Narian will let them cooperate
[20:51:53] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Chuckles a bit at the "Teagan-y", then looks back to Narian:: We won't take anything for ourselves, we will help you in any way we can.
[20:52:14] <@DrCeja> What do you need so that your stomach does not hurt?
[20:52:24] <~AdmWarp> ::Eyes the cookie jealously:: All right... He's not dead.
[20:52:28] <~AdmWarp> <<Oops.>>
[20:52:29] <@DowntroddenVillager> My Teagan-y things!
[20:52:31] <+Narian> <<I Was doing so well!>>
[20:52:38] <+Narian> ::Eyes the cookie jealously:: All right... He's not dead.
[20:52:40] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Leans back against a piece of destroyed roof and lets the high-ups handle this...diplomacy isn't his strong suit::
[20:52:58] <+Narian> ::Reaches out to grab a piece::
[20:53:04] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Pulls out a cookie she'd stolen from Jordan's plate of them and not eaten and hands it to Narian::
[20:53:10] <+FstLtRayus> :: Walks over and joins Grimm :: Nice weather.
[20:53:20] <+Narian> ::Holds it, looks it over, sniffs it, and then gingerly takes a bite::
[20:53:31] <+Narian> This is... ::Takes a larger bite:: Surprisingly good.
[20:53:36] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Finds a spot to sit down and watches the others as the villagers start to try the food they had::
[20:53:37] <@DowntroddenVillager> Teagan-y, right?
[20:53:42] <+LtBlackburn> ::is still scanning for animals to hunt::
[20:53:54] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Smiles:: It is something we call sweet.
[20:54:09] <@LtCmdrRollands> The flavor, that is. The food is called a cookie.
[20:54:12] <@DowntroddenVillager> Sweet? That's a silly word for it.
[20:54:21] <+Narian> This is what we get when we allow others to help us?
[20:54:42] <@DowntroddenVillager> That's right - other bring Teagany things to us!
[20:54:45] <@DrCeja> ::To Narian:: Sometimes yes, other times you may get help to build your homes again.
[20:54:47] <@LtCmdrRollands> If they have something similar, then I'm sure. There are many things you can get if you ask for help.
[20:54:48] <+LtJgGrimm> It's not bad, I'm just curious as to what's destroyed this place. If it was a natural disaster, why not trust anybody else? Criminals? Not likely
[20:54:53] <+LtBlackburn> It is when It's people like us!
[20:55:28] <+LtJgGrimm> Probably won't get an answer out of Narian over there, that's for sure. He seems to be the alpha male here
[20:55:29] <+Narian> ::Finishes the cookie, then rises:: Perhaps we shouldn't be so distrustful of outsiders.
[20:55:35] <+FstLtRayus> Maybe there is no actual root cause, maybe the game was simply just constructed as such.
[20:55:49] <@DowntroddenVillager> Maybe if we aren't so distrustful we won't have to eat snerf no more.
[20:56:02] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE FIRE FLARES UP, AND GORION STEPS OUT OF THE FLAMES.
[20:56:07] -!- Narian is now known as Gorion
[20:56:12] <@DrCeja> ::Smiles at Valegur::
[20:56:22] <+LtJgGrimm> Perhaps, I just can't help but think that this may all be...::Stops mid sentence as Gorion appears::
[20:56:25] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Grins:: Yes, possibly no more snerf ::Jumps back, startled:: Ah, Gorion again.
[20:56:27] <+EnsRicker> :: Throws his hands up:: Ugh, this guy again
[20:56:35] <+LtBlackburn> Greetings Gorion!
[20:56:36] <+Gorion> In life, an individual becomes a family. A family becomes a village. And a village becomes...
[20:56:47] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE VILLAGE VANISHES.
[20:56:50] <+EnsRicker> A city
[20:57:10] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> EVERYONE FINDS THEMSELVES IN THE MIDDLE OF A BUSTLING METROPOLIS.
[20:57:21] <+Gorion> ::Nods approvingly:: Yes. Very good.
[20:57:26] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks around:: Now where are we headed...::Sees the metropolis:: You were right, Ricker.
[20:57:31] <@DrCeja> ::Stands up and turns around slowly::
[20:57:35] <+LtBlackburn> Indeed. Now, of what era is this city?
[20:57:40] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Stands as she looks around at the new location::
[20:57:55] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> GROUND CARS WHIZ BY, AND OVERHEAD, FLYING MACHINES PLY THE AIRWAYS ABOVE THE TALLEST SKYSCRAPERS.
[20:58:04] <@DrCeja> It's incredible.
[20:58:05] <+Gorion> This is my world as it last was.
[20:58:23] <+Gorion> You call it... "Ben-a-tar."
[20:58:25] <+LtBlackburn> Amazing.
[20:58:30] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks around, then to Gorion:: The planet...
[20:58:34] <+EnsRicker> This was a story of how they overcame the challenges of their growth as a civilization
[20:58:35] <+FstLtRayus> :: Nods :: I like it.
[20:58:36] <@DrCeja> Your world is beautiful.
[20:58:42] <@LtCmdrRollands> Very beautiful.
[20:58:52] <+Gorion> We called it "Sariala." ::Looks around wistfully::
[20:58:56] <@DrCeja> Thank you for showing us Gorion.
[20:59:13] <@LtCmdrRollands> Yes, thank you indeed. It is nice to know how it looked.
[20:59:16] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> IN A PARK ACROSS THE BUSY STREET, A FLYING VEHICLE LANDS AND OPENS ITS DOORS.
[20:59:21] <+EnsRicker> :: Nods in approval of the city::
[20:59:24] <+LtBlackburn> They conquered their natural environment, and then their social environment to become this....
[20:59:41] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Glances at the car that landed::
[20:59:48] <+Gorion> You asked me a simple question before: why are you here?
[20:59:57] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Nods:: Indeed we did.
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Sim Log: Game Over

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 pm

[21:00:06] <+Gorion> But you already knew the answer. You were here to learn.
[21:00:07] <+LtBlackburn> Are we here to learn about your people?
[21:00:09] <+EnsRicker> :: Realizes the answer:: To remember you.
[21:00:11] <@DrCeja> I think I can guess. So we can learn about you.
[21:00:26] <+Gorion> That is why you came to Sariala in your sky-ship.
[21:00:26] <@LtCmdrRollands> Remember how you came to be before everything changed.
[21:00:49] <+Gorion> ::Motions towards the flying vehicle in the park:: And this will take you back there, to share what you have learned.
[21:00:53] <+LtBlackburn> Brave new worlds... new life... new civilizations...
[21:01:26] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Smiles:: Thank you, Gorion. We won't forget any of this, any of what happened to you.
[21:01:37] <+Gorion> Our civilization began as simply as yours must have. Individuals fighting for dominance. Villages struggling to unify.
[21:01:46] <@DrCeja> We will tell our people about what we have learned. And you will not be forgotten.
[21:01:55] <+Gorion> But remember -- it can end, as it did for us.
[21:01:58] <+Gorion> ::Motions to the sky::
[21:02:01] <+LtBlackburn> :: puts a fist to his chest and bows in respect:: Thank you for teaching us.
[21:02:10] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks up to the sky as he motions to it::
[21:02:26] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> SUDDENLY, THERE IS A BRILLIANT FLASH, AND THE SMELL OF OZONE FILLS THE AIR.
[21:02:35] <@DrCeja> ::Blinks and flinches::
[21:02:47] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Frowns as the flash::
[21:02:48] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> AROUND THE TEAM, THE PEOPLE OF THE CITY SUDDENLY PANIC... AND THEN FALL.
[21:02:57] <+LtBlackburn> They destroyed their Atmosphere....
[21:03:03] <@DrCeja> ::Tears fill her eyes::
[21:03:15] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE TEAM'S TRICORDERS SUDDENLY BEGIN TO SCREECH AND CHIME: GAMMA RAYS.
[21:03:23] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks around and watches with horror::
[21:03:32] <@DrCeja> ::Whispers:: Oh Gorion..
[21:03:33] <+LtBlackburn> I was right....
[21:03:47] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Watches the people start to falls and frowns more, then looks to her tricorder, wiping away a few tears:: No...
[21:03:50] <+Gorion> A nearby star exploded, and in mere moments, half of our planet was lifeless.
[21:04:04] <+LtBlackburn> I was wrong....
[21:04:05] <+Gorion> Those on the far side survived, but were sterilized.
[21:04:06] <+EnsRicker> They realized that this was their own doing so they are warning others to not make the same mistake...
[21:04:11] <@DrCeja> ::Grabs at her tricorder, flipping it open looking at the information::
[21:04:31] <+Gorion> We had the remainder of our lives to create a record of what we had accomplished here.
[21:05:01] <+Gorion> ::Motions towards the ship:: And now, we entrust our story to you.
[21:05:07] <+Gorion> Carry it forth.
[21:05:08] <+LtBlackburn> And you are that record. Here to show others the former glory of your world.
[21:05:23] <@LtCmdrRollands> We will take it with us, Gorion, you will not be forgotten.
[21:05:51] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks to the others:: We...we better get back to the ship...
[21:06:02] <@DrCeja> You created something beautiful. ::Bows to Gorion::
[21:06:30] <+LtBlackburn> ::once more pays respect to Gorion before walking towards the flying machine that would take them home::
[21:06:35] <+Gorion> ::Bows in return:: Fare well, Teagan -- Jayla -- everyone.
[21:06:56] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> AS THE TEAM STEPS INTO THE FLYING CRAFT, THEY SEE A GOLDEN LIGHT GROW AROUND THEM.
[21:06:59] <@DrCeja> ::Turns and walks to the transport::
[21:07:14] <+LtBlackburn> And back we go....
[21:07:16] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Walks toward the ship. Farewell. ::Looks at the light:: Ah, something familiar...
[21:07:39] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE SURFACE OF SARIALA FADES AWAY... AND SILVERY TINES OF LIGHTNING BEGIN TO TRACE ACROSS THE GOLDEN HAZE SURROUNDING THEM.
[21:07:51] <+LtBlackburn> ::recording the occurance on his tricorder this time::
[21:08:16] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> A FAMILIAR ROOM EMERGES OUT OF THE LIGHT, AND TWO FIGURES ARE THERE. ONE IS KNEELING, WHILE THE OTHER IS LAYING ON THE FLOOR.
[21:08:45] <~AdmWarp> ACTION> THE GOLDEN LIGHT FADES, LEAVING THE TEAM IN TRANSPORTER ROOM ONE. NGUYEN IS PRONE ON THE DECKPLATES; WARP IS LEANING OVER HIM.
[21:08:47] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks at the room:: Wha...what happened here?
[21:08:51] <~AdmWarp> Chief! Can you hear me?
[21:08:52] <@DrCeja> ::Blinks at the change in light, then in horror as she sees someone lying on the floor.::
[21:08:56] -!- Gorion is now known as LtNguyen
[21:09:03] <+LtBlackburn> We're back!!!
[21:09:07] <@DrCeja> ::Steps off the transporter pad:: Sir?>
[21:09:07] <@LtCmdrRollands> Ceja! ::Nods to Nguyen::
[21:09:10] <+LtNguyen> ::Blinks:: Admiral? I -- what are you doing here?
[21:09:12] -!- DowntroddenVillager is now known as CmdrArnet
[21:09:22] <+FstLtRayus> :: Looks towards Nguyen :: That cant be good.
[21:09:29] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Looks around and sees the transporter room again:: We're back?
[21:09:36] <~AdmWarp> ::Looks up to the others:: Just as we began the rematerialization procedure, he collapsed!
[21:09:38] <@DrCeja> ::Kneels beside Nguyen, scanning him with her tricorder::
[21:09:51] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Steps off the transporter pad herself, curious what happened while they were away:: How long were we gone?
[21:09:53] <@CmdrArnet> ::rushes in to the transporter room:: Finally found a medkit, can't believe the bloody fool doesn't keep one ::looks around at the away team:: Oh good, you aren't random bits of energy anymore.
[21:09:54] <+EnsRicker> :: Raises an eyebrow at Nguyen:: Did he get tired trying to get us back?
[21:09:55] <+LtBlackburn> Fascinating
[21:10:08] <@DrCeja> Boss, Over here!
[21:10:19] <+LtNguyen> I... collapsed? ::Looks around the room:: Where is Gorion?
[21:10:36] <~AdmWarp> I was the only one here with you, Chief. You must have hallucinated.
[21:10:42] <@CmdrArnet> ::comes over to Nguyen:: Where is who now?
[21:10:46] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Looks to the others:: Gorion? He...he was on the planet...
[21:10:52] <+LtBlackburn> ::does a double take:: You saw him too?!
[21:11:00] <@DrCeja> Gorion says thank you. ::Smiles gently::
[21:11:10] <~AdmWarp> You were "gone" for mere moments. We kept your patterns in the pattern buffer, then brought you back as quickly as you'd gone.
[21:11:30] <+LtBlackburn> Boy do we have a story for you Admiral!
[21:11:33] <+LtNguyen> He was here. In fact... ::Seems to be looking off into the distance for a moment:: He was operating the transporter.
[21:11:39] <@CmdrArnet> I'm sorry, I believe I missed a chapter. Who is Gorion?
[21:11:48] <+LtNguyen> He seemed to know how to do it pretty well, I have to say.
[21:11:49] <@LtCmdrRollands> Moments? ::Shakes her head:: What Blackburn said. We...we know what happened to the planet.
[21:11:54] <@DrCeja> ::To Arnet:: Moments for you, about half a day or more for us.
[21:12:02] <+LtNguyen> And there was something about... Water polo...
[21:12:11] <~AdmWarp> Half a day?
[21:12:17] <@LtCmdrRollands> Very nearly.
[21:12:35] <+LtBlackburn> I think that the observation lounge would be better suited for this story.
[21:12:40] <+LtNguyen> Gorion. He was from Benatar. He wanted to show us.
[21:12:58] <@DrCeja> Approximately. ::To Nguyen:: It's fitting that you were there, I think.
[21:12:58] <@LtCmdrRollands> He wanted to show us how his planet evolved, and what happened to them all.
[21:13:08] <+LtNguyen> And... He did. ::Seems to have it all coming back to him now:: Yes.
[21:13:32] <+LtNguyen> He was the one transporting you all down -- not me.
[21:13:46] <@LtCmdrRollands> No wonder you did not seem like yourself.
[21:13:48] <~AdmWarp> ::Frowns:: Let's take the transporters offline for now, just in case.
[21:13:59] <~AdmWarp> ::Taps a few buttons on the nearby transporter console to disable them::
[21:14:09] <+LtNguyen> Not like myself? No, I suppose not...
[21:14:14] <@DrCeja> I think.. that he must have been a child when it happened. And was the last to wait for someone to come and see what happened to his world.
[21:14:48] <+LtNguyen> ::Suddenly grins:: After all, nobody plays the game better than me.
[21:14:49] <~AdmWarp> =/\= PAUSE SIM =/\=
[21:14:55] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Paused::
[21:14:56] <+LtCdrMelina> ::Paused::
[21:14:57] <@DrCeja> ::Paused::
[21:14:59] <+FstLtRayus> ::Paused::
[21:14:59] <@CmdrArnet> ::Paused::
[21:15:01] <+EnsRicker> :: Paused::
[21:15:04] <+LtJgGrimm> ::Paused::
[21:15:07] <+LtBlackburn> :: paused::
[21:15:23] <@CmdrArnet> ATTENTION ON DECK!
[21:15:27] <@DrCeja> ::AA::
[21:15:28] <+LtJgGrimm> ::AA::
[21:15:28] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::AA::
[21:15:32] <+LtBlackburn> ::AA::
[21:15:36] <+FstLtRayus> ::AA::
[21:15:39] <+EnsRicker> ::AA::
[21:16:02] <~AdmWarp> All right... Great sim, folks!
[21:16:25] <~AdmWarp> I hope you all enjoyed.
[21:16:33] <@DrCeja> Yes indeed!
[21:16:34] <+EnsRicker> Love was Gorions battlefield
[21:16:36] <@DrCeja> Thank you.
[21:16:37] <@LtCmdrRollands> I sure did :)
[21:16:44] <~AdmWarp> Also, you'll find that each of your characters still has their colored stone in their pocket.
[21:16:50] <+LtJgGrimm> Liked the little Baldur's Gate reference there
[21:16:55] <@DrCeja> Awwww. How lovely.
[21:16:57] <+LtBlackburn> Log fodder!
[21:17:04] <@LtCmdrRollands> :) Yay for the stones
[21:17:05] <+EnsRicker> Inner Light
[21:17:53] <+LtBlackburn> and we found out that Jay doesn't swim....
[21:17:55] <~AdmWarp> We keep ending too late to do -- other things...
[21:18:07] <+EnsRicker> we should do them anyway
[21:18:08] <~AdmWarp> So we'll have to see if we can carve out some more time after an upcoming sim.
[21:18:20] <@LtCmdrRollands> Aw
[21:18:21] <~AdmWarp> But Ricker has an announcement as we wrap up!
[21:18:23] <~AdmWarp> Ensign?
[21:18:57] <+EnsRicker> We had 3 correct answers to this weeks trivia...anyone care to guess who won?
[21:19:03] <+LtBlackburn> Warp!
[21:19:05] <@DrCeja> Warp, Arnet, Prax.
[21:19:06] <@LtCmdrRollands> Um, not me?
[21:19:14] <+LtJgGrimm> Ditto
[21:19:17] <@DrCeja> (I've seen Warp in trivia)
[21:19:27] <@CmdrArnet> (He is brutal!)
[21:19:33] <+EnsRicker> The winner this week was the Admiral himself!
[21:19:34] <~AdmWarp> I couldn't resist answering that one.
[21:19:41] <+LtBlackburn> lol
[21:19:51] <+EnsRicker> and you guys shouldnt be able to see the answers or who is answering
[21:19:51] <~AdmWarp> Gary Mitchell is my character's ancestor, after all!
[21:20:00] <+EnsRicker> lol!
[21:20:01] <@LtCmdrRollands> ::Chuckles::
[21:20:19] <@LtCmdrRollands> We can't, don't worry Ricker
[21:20:29] <@DrCeja> Hey.. I didn't need to see the answers to know..
[21:20:35] <+EnsKellen> Mitchell died before having kids, don't remember him having a brother
[21:20:43] <+EnsRicker> Then how did Ceja know?
[21:20:47] <~AdmWarp> And now, we'll call it an evening!
[21:21:06] <~AdmWarp> Rollands officiated to start with, so I'll let her wrap it up.
[21:21:14] <~AdmWarp> Cut 'em loose, please, Miss Rollands, with my sincere thanks!
[21:21:19] <@LtCmdrRollands> =/\= DISMISSED =/\=
[21:21:21] <@LtCmdrRollands> With thanks :)
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.


Return to USS Potemkin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron