Sim Log: Ocean's Breadth

Simming since 1994 this is widely regarded as one of the most successful sims in history. Taking place on an Akira class vessel the Potemkin crew lives through the greatest sim experiences available.

Moderator: [Sim] Potemkin - Hosts

Sim Log: Ocean's Breadth

Postby Tavey » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:32 am

20:08 CmdrArnet: 4ATTENTION ON DECK!
20:08 LtCmdrRollands: ::AA::
20:08 LtJgGrimm: ::AA::
20:08 DrCeja: ::AA::
20:08 CmdrArnet: So warning next time, please, mon capitan!
20:08 Cmdr_Jordan: ::AA::
20:08 praxjarvin: ::AA::
20:08 LtBlackburn: ::AA::
20:08 Dr_Novar: ::Stands Quietly::
20:08 praxjarvin is now known as FstLtAklar
20:09 LtCmdrMelina: ::AA::
20:09 FstLtRayus has joined (~Reven@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.tu ... global.net)
20:09 AdmWarp: Hey everybody, and welcome to another exciting episode of Star Trek: Potemkin!
20:09 LucR: ::AA::
20:09 AdmWarp: <<Hey Rayus! AA.>>
20:09 CmdrArnet has changed mode: +v FstLtRayus
20:09 FstLtRayus: ::AA::
20:09 EnsBarrett has joined (~Kellen@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.t ... global.net)
20:09 AdmWarp: I hope you are all having a splendid evening... Though it sounds like neither Novar nor Rollands are enjoying their weather.
20:09 EnsKellen has left IRC (Connection reset by peer)
20:10 AdmWarp: <<WB Kellen! AA.>>
20:10 Cmdr_Jordan: It was in the 80s here. It was..lovely!
20:10 Dr_Novar: Don't rub it in...
20:10 LucR: ((it was 80 here with no humidity!))
20:11 FstLtRayus: (( I may or may not stay for the whole sim, it depends on whether I start feeling sick again or not. ))
20:11 AdmWarp: First off, a slightly belated happy birthday to Commander Spock! http://www.treknews.net/2014/03/26/happ ... d-nimoy-3/
20:11 AdmWarp: Or Captain Spock, or Ambassador Spock, or whoever you know him as. ;)
20:11 LucR: What about Admiral Kirk?
20:12 AdmWarp: We're about a week late for that, but his birthday fell after the last sim, so -- sure! Happy Birthday to William Shatner as well!
20:12 Dr_Novar: Tolkien<sp?> Reading day was Tuesday...
20:13 AdmWarp: ::Chuckles:: Tolkien's birthday is in January.
20:13 AdmWarp: ANYWAY!
20:13 AdmWarp: The thing you've all been waiting for...
20:13 AdmWarp: Tonight's plot is brought to you by... ME!
20:13 LtBlackburn: A new car?
20:14 Dr_Novar: ((A million dollars!))
20:14 LtBlackburn: ((its what Ive been waiting for....))
20:14 LucR is now known as EnsRicker
20:14 AdmWarp: <<Err... The other thing you've been waiting for.>>
20:14 AdmWarp: Tonight's plot requires a bit of background, so I'll try to provide it as best I can.
20:15 AdmWarp: =/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=
20:16 AdmWarp: Plot Name: "Ocean's Breadth (or: The Blue Riband, Revisited)"
20:16 AdmWarp: Plot By: Warp
20:16 AdmWarp: Stardate: 67314.4 (Wednesday, April 25th, 2390 at 1815 hours)
20:17 AdmWarp: Admiral Warp has invited the senior staff to participate in a holodeck dinner and adventure after their duty shifts.
20:17 AdmWarp: The setting is familiar to some: the steamship S.S. Normandie, crossing Earth's Atlantic Ocean in the year 1935.
20:18 AdmWarp: Built by France, the Normandie is the fastest and most modern oceanliner yet constructed, and the ship has set out on this trip with one goal in mind:
20:19 AdmWarp: The "Blue Riband," a coveted award for the fastest crossing of the Atlantic by passenger liner.
20:20 AdmWarp: This program has a storied history with the Potemkin crew, as the first attempt to run it occurred seven years ago, and ended with a holodeck malfunction that sank the ship unexpectedly.
20:21 AdmWarp: Six months later, the crew tried again -- and, it appeared, completed Chapter One successfully! The crew set out to finish other portions of the program as the years went on, but this attempt was the only one that didn't end in some sort of disaster.
20:22 AdmWarp: This morning, three years after the last attempt, the admiral's invitation arrived in the quarters of each member of the senior staff.
20:23 AdmWarp: Whispers spread about the program, including rumors that its author, famed holonovelist Gerald Hollway, had cursed it.
20:23 AdmWarp: Yet, intrigued, people began to mill around the holodeck doors...
20:23 AdmWarp: Positions:
20:24 Cmdr_Jordan: 7
20:24 AdmWarp: All hands are in the holodeck, and in character.
20:25 EnsRicker: :: Sarcastically:: ((Not in the holodeck...puh, senior officers....sucks))
20:25 AdmWarp: As a reminder, for those who participated in our last romp:
20:25 AdmWarp: The plot three years ago was an earlier novel by the same author, so your characters need not be the same.
20:26 AdmWarp: If you were around for the first plot seven years ago -- is that some gray creeping into your hair? ;)
20:26 EnsBarrett: ((seven years ago?))
20:26 CmdrArnet: Nope, still a rich brown!
20:26 LtCmdrRollands: ((That would have been I think just before I joined...I don't remember doing it twice.))
20:26 Cmdr_Jordan: Arnet dyes his hair
20:27 CmdrArnet: Jordan! You aren't supposed to tell people that!
20:27 LtCmdrRollands: Haha!
20:27 Cmdr_Jordan: ../ebil grin
20:27 LtCmdrRollands: That ebil grin again...::Sighs::
20:27 AdmWarp: Any questions?
20:28 LtCmdrRollands: None here.
20:28 Cmdr_Jordan: What should we be wearing
20:28 Cmdr_Jordan: ?
20:28 EnsRicker: Does that mean I have the bridge with all you guys gone?
20:28 FstLtAklar: Preferably nothing.
20:28 AdmWarp: <<And yes, Kellen -- seven years ago! Also, uniform please! :)>>
20:28 AdmWarp: Ricker, by "senior staff" I invariably mean "everyone simming tonight." You're in the holodeck.
20:28 LtBlackburn: ((wrong ship Kellen!))
20:28 EnsRicker: oohhh...Im shocked
20:28 LtBlackburn: So we are different people?
20:28 EnsBarrett: ((Wrong ship? What?
20:28 EnsBarrett: ))
20:28 AdmWarp: Whatever your character would wear out and about for a day on the ship.
20:29 LtCmdrRollands: ((You're name is under Barrett no Kellen))
20:29 AdmWarp: It's daytime in the story -- an overcast, misty day.
20:29 EnsBarrett is now known as EnsKellen
20:29 Dr_Novar: ((Barrett, you should be on the Columbus...))
20:29 EnsKellen: ((Sorry that was the X Chat's doing))
20:30 AdmWarp is now known as DerrickDartford
20:30 DerrickDartford: Let's get to it!
20:30 CmdrArnet is now known as MatthiasBryant
20:30 LtBlackburn: ((do I need to change my name?))
20:30 DrCeja is now known as BettyDevlin
20:30 DerrickDartford: Arnet... I mean, Mister Bryant...
20:30 MatthiasBryant: ((Only if you feel like getting into character!))
20:30 DerrickDartford: PUNCH IT!
20:30 FstLtAklar is now known as MickeyBricks
20:30 DerrickDartford: <<You do! Come up with a character name. Someone who would be traveling by oceanliner.>>
20:30 MatthiasBryant: 4BEGIN THY SIMM....ER....ADVENTURING!
20:31 Dr_Novar: ((I'm confused...))
20:31 Dr_Novar: ((Did I miss an email?))
20:31 LtJgGrimm: ((Good thing I ain't the only one...I'm lost and we haven't even started yet))
20:31 Cmdr_Jordan is now known as Sheila_McGregor
20:31 MickeyBricks: ((Nope.))
20:31 MatthiasBryant: ((We are playing in holodeck. Pick a name of a passenger on a 1935 passenger ship.))
20:31 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> THE HOLODECK ACTIVATES, REVEALING A WINDSWEPT PROMENADE AND CREWMEMBERS WALKING IN FOUL WEATHER GEAR. PASSENGERS ARE BUNDLED UP IN WOOL COATS AND LUSH SCARVES.
20:31 LtBlackburn is now known as Mathew_Reddy
20:32 LtCmdrMelina is now known as MaryDonnelly
20:32 EnsRicker is now known as HowardHughs
20:32 BettyDevlin: ::Walks along the deck, dressed in a fitted suit and long coat. A hat is perched at a distinctly rakish angle on her hair (and pinned securely into place)::
20:32 MickeyBricks: ::Drogan flipped the fedora over in his hands a few times, doffing it at a rakish angle. As the holodeck engaged the trombone case he’d added to his character since the last outing appeared.:: Excellent.
20:32 MatthiasBryant: ::pulls up the collar on his large overcoat as he steps out onto the deck, a hand on his fedora::
20:32 LtCmdrRollands is now known as CarinaHarper
20:33 LtJgGrimm has left IRC (Disintegrated: )
20:33 CarinaHarper: ((He did that on accident!))
20:33 LtJgGrimm has joined (LtJgGrimm@8F23CA41.39FF2F8.6E699385.IP)
20:33 Sheila_McGregor: ::she had planned to be in tan capri pants, a blue polo shirt, boat shoes, and a nice straw hat with a blue scarf around the brim. But instead, she had on wellies, wool coat, sapphire scarf...what was underneath, well, that came later.::
20:33 Dr_Novar is now known as Dr_Frank_OMalley
20:33 LtJgGrimm is now known as Nicholas_Hart
20:33 MickeyBricks: ::He was still a little unsure about the color of his garments. A sort of deep purple, but it mached with what he saw with others. And he was meant to be an outlandish character. Finally, he shook his head and assumed a character.::
20:34 HowardHughs is now known as Johnathan
20:34 DerrickDartford: 4::Prim and proper as always, walks past a shuffleboard game in progress and looks out at the gray sea::
20:34 Johnathan is now known as Johnathan_Forthwright
20:34 MaryDonnelly: ::Walks around on the deck of the ship, glancing to the ocean beyond::
20:34 MatthiasBryant: ::walks up to Dartford:: Well, Mr. Dartford, it seems we meet again.
20:34 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Tugs at the sleeves of his white tuxedo:: <m>So impractical...
20:34 CarinaHarper: ::Bundled up in a long coat pulled up to her chin and is looking out over the deck and out at the sea::
20:34 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Still getting used to the character, he adjusted his coat and tried to emulate the behaviors of the rest of the crew::
20:35 Sheila_McGregor: ::she was against the railing, looking out across the stormy seas:: Wish the weather would have cooperated...
20:35 Nicholas_Hart: ::Standing near the railing on the deck of the ship, looking out to sea with hands in pockets::
20:35 DerrickDartford: 4::Nods as he hears the South African accent:: It does, Mister Bryant. ::Turns to face him:: Nearly time for another meal, I believe.
20:35 DerrickDartford: 4One hopes this one is less eventful than the last.
20:35 DerrickDartford has changed mode: +v Nicholas_Hart
20:36 MatthiasBryant: And I hope you aren't trying to steal ship secrets again. Because if you are, you can just confess now and I can collect my reward money ::lopsided grin::
20:36 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> DOWN THE DECK, THE DINNER BELL CHIMES. GROUPS OF CHILLED PASSENGERS BEGIN TO MILL INTO THE DINING ROOM.
20:36 Mathew_Reddy: ::is wearing black pants, a white shirt and a brown leather jacket with a taxi cap::
20:36 Sheila_McGregor: ::She followed the crowd as soon as the dinner bell sounded. She couldn't wait to wrap her fingers around a warm cup of coffee.::
20:37 MaryDonnelly: ::Looks to see someone standing near the railing also looking out at the ocean:: Beautiful view, isn't it?
20:37 DerrickDartford: 4::Presents an unreadable, hollow smile:: I think you needn't fear, Mister Bryant.
20:37 BettyDevlin: ::Turns her head, hearing the bell.::
20:37 MickeyBricks: ::He carried his trombone case with him, he expected to be asked to perform after dinner. He’d been afforded a first-class cabin based on his reputation as a jazz musician who had garnered a high profile across Europe. He hoped no one did ask though… Drogan hadn’t pratice Terran instruments.::
20:37 DerrickDartford: 4Shall we? ::Motions towards the doors to the grand dining room::
20:37 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Silently wishes that there was a camera near. His mother would love to see this::
20:37 MatthiasBryant: You would think, but I do anyway. ::turns and heads toward the dining room::
20:37 CarinaHarper: ::Notices the crowd and follows, knowing it was probably warmer down in the dining room::
20:38 Mathew_Reddy: :: saunters into the Dining Room::
20:38 BettyDevlin: ::Looks out over the sea again, and then heads inside.::
20:38 Nicholas_Hart: ::Nodding:: Indeed it is. There's a lot of comfort in the vastness of the sea...no troubles at all to speak of
20:38 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: follows the crowd at the word dinner::
20:38 MickeyBricks: ::Bricks made his way toward the dining room. He cast a glance at each of the women entering ahead of him. He admitted to letching at their “gams”. All part of the character, he reminded himself.::
20:38 DerrickDartford: 4<<For reference, this is the dining room aboard the real Normandie: http://static.canalblog.com/storagev1/l ... r00036.jpg>>
20:39 Sheila_McGregor: ::She removed her gloves, putting them carefully into the pocket of her coat. Taking the coat off, she neatly draped it over her arm. The hat came next, holding it in her hand holding the coat. Her sea-green tapered shirt highlighted her curves. She gave the coat and hat to an attendant, and went in search of coffee::
20:39 DerrickDartford: 4::Doesn't appear to react to that directly, and greets the doorman cordially:: Good evening.
20:39 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Follows the others towards the dining area, his ebony cane clicking in time with his step::
20:39 MaryDonnelly: ::Thinks:: Well, there's no telling what rests below the surface. There are many mysteries down there
20:40 DerrickDartford: 4::Removes his coat and scarf, revealing an elegant tuxedo::
20:40 CarinaHarper: ::Smiles as she realizes it was much warmer and slips off her coat and gloves that she had and hands them to one of the attendants and begins to walk around a bit::
20:40 Nicholas_Hart: ::Smirks a bit at Mary's words:: Just as with anything else I'd imagine
20:40 DerrickDartford: 4::Silently thanks Arnet for teaching him how to tie a bowtie::
20:40 BettyDevlin: ::Hands her coat and hat to the coatroom attendant, and heads into the dining room.:: Oh this is delightful.
20:40 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Takes a seat and reminds himself of the manners of a proper meal in this time period::
20:40 Mathew_Reddy: ::removes his Jacket and hat before fully entering the hall::
20:41 MatthiasBryant: ::removes his overcoat and hat, tossing them onto a nearby coat rack. He has chosen to have a less formal three-piece brown suit::
20:41 Sheila_McGregor: ::the attendant sensed her need and handed over a cup of fresh-brewed coffee. Cream and sugar..oh yes. She took a sip and sighed.::
20:41 DerrickDartford: 4::Moves to his table with hands clasped behind his back, not waiting for Bryant::
20:41 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Realizes he should have worn an overcoat::
20:42 CarinaHarper: ::Tries to smooth out the green dress she was wearing, as it had wrinkled underneath the coat she had worn to keep warm::
20:42 MatthiasBryant: ::eyeing everyone as they slowly come in::
20:42 Sheila_McGregor: ::She found the seat with her name on it and took a seat, spying who would be her company this evening::
20:42 MaryDonnelly: ::Nods:: Very true. If we had been docked, I wouldn't have minded going for a swim myself and just seeing what is down there
20:42 CarinaHarper: ::Walks along, looking at all the names, trying to find one to match her own::
20:43 MickeyBricks: ::Bricks had decided to brave the cool night, so he just unbuttoned his suit jacket, though he paused to leave the trombone case with a coat clerk.:: Be careful with that. Irreplacable. From the Queen of Belgium.
20:43 BettyDevlin: ::Sits down at the table with Sheila.:: Hello. Terrible weather out there isn't it.
20:43 GaryGraystone has joined (~jbm@MagicStar-95B972BC.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
20:43 Mathew_Reddy: ::Takes a seat at his table in a very proper Military manner::
20:43 DerrickDartford has changed mode: +v GaryGraystone
20:43 Nicholas_Hart: I think I'll stay above ground. Seems it's time to get something to eat though ::Heads to the dining area, found a seat with his own name and took it, relaxing a bit::
20:43 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Observes the others looking for thier names and follows suit::
20:43 MickeyBricks: ::Eyeing both Devlin and McGregor, Bricks bee-lined for their table.:: Good evening, ladies.
20:44 DerrickDartford: 4::Takes his own seat, nodding cordially McGregor and Devlin as he does so::
20:44 MatthiasBryant: ::only when most everyone else is at the table does he take his seat::
20:44 MaryDonnelly: ::Heads into the dining area and takes a seat at the table::
20:44 BettyDevlin: :;Inclines her head a little.:: Good evening gentlemen.
20:44 CarinaHarper: ::Finds her own seat, seeming that the women were sitting together and joins McGregor and Devlin, nodding to all of them::
20:45 MatthiasBryant: ::catches "Dartford's" eye and inclines head to "Graystone" with a "what is he doing here?" look::
20:45 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::FInds his name and takes a seat, leaning his ruby-topped cane against the table beside him::
20:45 Sheila_McGregor: ::She grinned at Betty:: Aye, ma'am that it is. Thankfully, we are now down in the galley and about to have some wonderfully hot food.
20:46 DerrickDartford: 4Good evening. ::Waits a moment:: I don't believe I've met you before. May I have the pleasure of your names?
20:46 MickeyBricks: ::He very quickly assumed his seat, placing his hand over the name card. It very clearly didn’t have his name on it. Once eyes were averted from him, he tossed the real card to the floor.::
20:46 MatthiasBryant: ::looks at O'Malley's cane with something akin to greed::
20:46 BettyDevlin: Oh! Of course. Betty Devlin. ::Said in a soft english accent::
20:46 BettyDevlin: I'm very pleased to meet you.
20:47 GaryGraystone: ::Sidles up to the table, then winks at Donnelly:: Hello there, gorgeous.
20:47 Sheila_McGregor: Mmm, prime specimens of gentelmen if I've ever seen them ladies. ::She winked at Mickey:: Rascalous devils too!
20:47 CarinaHarper: ::Nods and smiles:: Carina Harper, pleasure to meet you.
20:47 MaryDonnelly: ::Looks at Gary and smiles:: Hello
20:47 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Is glad that that look wasnt directed at himself...older women::
20:47 MickeyBricks: ::He caught Sheila’s wink and returned it with a very larger, very eager grin.:: You’ve got me pegged.
20:48 Nicholas_Hart: ::Sits up straighter:: Nicholas Hart, a pleasure
20:48 GaryGraystone: Falc -- I mean... Graystone. Gary Graystone. ::Looks to all of the women with a twinkle in his eye:: At your service.
20:48 MatthiasBryant: ::leans back in his chair waiting for ... well, whatever is going to happen::
20:48 Mathew_Reddy: ::Stands and offers a hand to Dartford:: Mathew Reddy at your service
20:48 Sheila_McGregor: Sheila McGregor ::She inclined her head:: at your service. ::She chuckled at Mickey:: A man that can slide a trombone as well as you do has skills in other areas, I'm sure.
20:48 MaryDonnelly: Mary Donnelly . . . of the Dublin Donnelly's
20:48 DerrickDartford: 4::Whispers to Bryant:: <w> I needed a good Graystone. He fits the bill.
20:48 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Notices Bryant's look and smiles::
20:48 MatthiasBryant: ::rolls eyes:: <w> This on you, sir.
20:49 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> A BOSUN'S WHISTLE SOUNDS, AND THE ROOM BEGINS TO FALL SILENT.
20:49 CarinaHarper: ::Looks around a bit as she sits and waits::
20:49 BettyDevlin: ::Sips the tea that a waiter had brought her::
20:50 GaryGraystone: ::Takes a seat next to Donnelly:: Dublin, you say? I've never been, unless you mean Dublin, Iowa.
20:50 DerrickDartford: 4::Gives Bryant a "see, he knows some things!" look::
20:50 MickeyBricks: Oh, my! ::He chuckled at Sheila’s line.:: Michael Bricks, at your service. Most call know me as Mickey, though. ::There was a subtle English-By-Kentucky lilt to his voice.::
20:50 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> A MAN IN A CRISP UNIFORM STEPS INTO THE CENTER OF THE ROOM. HE IS THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN, A MAN NAMED GOULET.
20:50 MaryDonnelly: Ireland, actually
20:51 Mathew_Reddy: ::nods his head towards the Captain::
20:51 Sheila_McGregor: ::She extended her hand to him:: A pleasure. ::she made sure to make note of all at the table before the cpatain began::
20:51 Sheila_McGregor: captain*
20:51 CarinaHarper: ::Looks towards the captain as he appears::
20:51 MatthiasBryant: ::lazily leans back in his chair::
20:52 MaryDonnelly: ::Looks to Gary:: What about yourself? Where do you come from?
20:52 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> GOULET SPEAKS LOUDLY AND CONFIDENTLY, AND WITH A FAIRLY STRONG FRENCH ACCENT: "WELCOME, EVERYONE." A MURMUR SPREADS THROUGHOUT THE CROWD. MANY OF THEM RECOGNIZE HIM, AND IT'S NOT A GOOD SORT OF RECOGNITION.
20:52 MickeyBricks: ::He took her hand, holding it at a sharp angle, regarding it before kissing the top.:: A pleasure indeed, Mrs. McGregor.
20:52 GaryGraystone: ::Stands up and throws back his chair:: STAND CLEAR, LADIES AND GENTLEMENT!
20:52 GaryGraystone: ::Takes off sprinting towards Goulet::
20:52 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Raises an eyebrow::
20:52 Nicholas_Hart: ::Internally saddened at the prospect of a Frenchman in charge, being English and all::
20:53 Mathew_Reddy: What the devil is that man doing?!
20:53 MatthiasBryant: ::sits up:: What in blazes?
20:53 BettyDevlin: Oh my...
20:53 DerrickDartford: 4<w> Now you'll see.
20:53 CarinaHarper: This doesn't look good.
20:53 BettyDevlin: ::Looks startled::
20:53 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Gets ready to tackle the idot::
20:53 MatthiasBryant: <w> I'm seeing a lot of things ...
20:53 MaryDonnelly: ::Sees the commotion break out and shakes her head:: This is not going to end well
20:53 MickeyBricks: I dare say!
20:53 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> GOULET SEES GRAYSTONE AND MOTIONS TO SEVERAL RATHER STRAPPING SAILORS, WHO COME IN AND STAND BESIDE HIM.
20:54 Nicholas_Hart: ::Watches the ruckus:: How...interesting
20:54 GaryGraystone: ::Barrels towards Goulet:: STAND CLEAR!
20:55 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Leans over to Grimm..er...Hart:: Do you want him or can I have him?
20:55 Sheila_McGregor: Oh my...the action has already started. :She sat idly back, sipping her coffee:: I'll give 10 dollars on the short one!
20:55 BettyDevlin: What is he doing?
20:55 MatthiasBryant: ::to Forthwright:: Steady on. Let this play out.
20:55 Mathew_Reddy: ::nearly reaches to his 1911::
20:55 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> TWO OF THE SAILORS LUNGE AT GRAYSTONE AND TACKLE HIM TO THE FLOOR.
20:55 MickeyBricks: I’m not entirely sure… ::He broke character.:: <w> But it is a very Falco thing to do.
20:55 CarinaHarper: ::Shakes her head and realizes her tea has arrived:: No idea what he is doing. But that couldn't have felt good.
20:56 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> GOULET SPEAKS AGAIN. "NOW, AS I WAS SAYING... WELCOME, EVERYONE."
20:56 Nicholas_Hart: ::Motions towards the commotion:: By all menas
20:56 Nicholas_Hart: *means
20:56 BettyDevlin: Jolly good show chaps.
20:56 GaryGraystone: ::Lets out a small cry of pain as he is tackled and pinned to the carpeted floor::
20:56 Mathew_Reddy: ::takes his hand away from the pistol::
20:56 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Shrugs his shoulders and looks at Hart again.:: Well I guess that takes care of that...
20:56 Sheila_McGregor: ::She grinned at Betty:: (w) I told you we needed to update Falco's meds!
20:56 MatthiasBryant: ::rubs his jaw watching the scene::
20:56 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Leans towards Betty:: <w> Did I miss something?
20:57 BettyDevlin: ::To Betty:: <w> I may revisit my opinion.
20:57 DerrickDartford: 4::Quietly, to the table, as Warp:: <q> Captain Goulet was arrested for murder during an earlier chapter. His appearance here is most problematic.
20:57 BettyDevlin: Oh, Doctor O'Malley! Hello.
20:58 MickeyBricks: Now, then, Mrs. McGergor… do you know how to samba?
20:58 CarinaHarper: ::Raises an eyebrow, hearing what happened in an earlier chapter:: <w> That explains a few things ::Sips at her tea::
20:58 MatthiasBryant: <w> Oh thank heavens, I thought I was the only one who noticed. Is that why Falco rushed him, you suppose?
20:58 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Surprised by her reaction, stammers slightly:: Oh yes, good evening, my dear...
20:58 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> THE CAPTAIN CONTINUES IN HIS FRENCH ACCENT: "THERE HAS BEEN SOME -- CONFUSION -- AS TO WHO IS IN CHARGE ON THIS LOVELY TRIP ACROSS THE OCEAN. IT IS ME, OF COURSE." HE GLANCES LEFT AND RIGHT AS HIS SAILOR-BODYGUARDS.
20:58 Sheila_McGregor: ::she grinned at Mickey:: I've been known to cut a rug with enthusiasm from time to time.
20:59 MatthiasBryant: ::hears the Captain:: <w> Uh huh ...
20:59 Mathew_Reddy: Good thing I kept my pistol for the voyage then!
20:59 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> HE CONCLUDES SIMPLY. "ENJOY YOUR MEAL, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, AND GOOD EVENING."
20:59 BettyDevlin: How are you Doctor O'Malley?
20:59 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Silently hopes that Steak is on the menu::\
20:59 GaryGraystone: ::Begins to struggle with the sailors as they haul him up and lead him out of the dining room:: HE'S TAKING CONTROL OF THE SHIP! HE MUST BE STOPPED!
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Sim Log: Ocean's Breadth

Postby Tavey » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:32 am

21:00 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> GOULET TURNS AROUND AND SPEAKS LOUDLY. "THIS MAN IS A STOWAWAY, DISCOVERED IN AN UNUSED CREW BUNK. HE WILL BE DEALT WITH. ENJOY YOUR MEAL!"
21:00 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Leans over to Reddy on his left:: <w> Do you have any idea what we are doing here?
21:00 GaryGraystone: I'M NOT A STOWAWAY! ::Calls out as he is dragged out of the room and is then muffled by a sailor:: NOT... STOWAWAY!
21:01 Mathew_Reddy: Absolutely none.
21:01 MatthiasBryant: ::sighs:: As much as I love seeing Falco with an armed assortment pressing his face into the deck, I think it's time someone helped. ::stands as inconspicuously as possible and moves towards the door where he entered::
21:01 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Smiles to Betty:: I'm an doing well, Ms. Devlin. You?
21:01 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: To the Captain:: Please feel free to stow him away for the rest of the voyage.
21:01 BettyDevlin: ::To Sheila:: I do rather believe that Mr Bricks may be a rather good samba dancer.
21:01 DerrickDartford: 4::Fully in character as Dartford:: It is none of our concern, Mister Bryant. And even if it were, there is clearly nothing that can be done.
21:01 MickeyBricks: ::He waggled his brows.::
21:02 BettyDevlin: ::To O'Malley:: I am very well thank you. Terrible weather out there at the moment, isn't it. I do hope it doesn't storm.
21:02 MatthiasBryant: There's always something one can do ::winks at Dartford as he heads for the door::
21:02 BettyDevlin: ::A corner of her mouth quirks in amusement.::
21:02 CarinaHarper: ::Turns back to the table and shakes her head:: That was an...entertaining start to this.
21:02 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: To Reddy again:: Does your costume itch?
21:02 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> SERVERS BRING OUT THE FIRST COURSE.
21:02 Sheila_McGregor: Well, let's hope this eventful start to the evening continues. ::She winked at Mickey::
21:03 MatthiasBryant: ::grabs his coat and hat from the rack, giving a last look at the guests::
21:03 Nicholas_Hart: ::Takes a drink of his coffee patiently, not real perturbed about what's happening::
21:03 DerrickDartford: 4::To the others:: Now, where were we?
21:03 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Nods:: Foul weather indeed.
21:04 Mathew_Reddy: No. Actually it is quite comfortable.
21:04 BettyDevlin: It really is. Quite choppy out there.
21:04 Mathew_Reddy: ((are we all at the same table?))
21:04 MickeyBricks: Oh, Indeed, Mrs. McGregor. Your hair streaked with sunlight, your lips red as a flame, your face with a lustre that puts gold to shame!
21:04 Johnathan_Forthwright: ((Nope, youre at the kids table)
21:04 DerrickDartford: <<Same table. :P>>
21:04 Mathew_Reddy: ((TY))
21:05 CarinaHarper: ::Sits back and sips the tea as the food is brought out::
21:05 MatthiasBryant: ::slips out the door and tries to head around to wherever they took Falco/Graystone. It's what his character would do, right? Fingers the revolver hidden in his overcoat pocket::
21:05 DerrickDartford: 4::Looks slightly, aloofly disinterested in Mickey Bricks' gushing flattery of McGregor::
21:05 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::To Betty:: I've treated several cases of acute motion sickness today.
21:05 Sheila_McGregor: Delivshly rogue poet at that. This evening keeps getting better and better. ::She fanned herself with on of the luxurious cloth napkins::
21:06 EnsKellen: ((I think i'm gonna head off, sorry about the inactivity))
21:06 BettyDevlin: Poor things, getting so sick. I wonder what is being served.
21:06 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Looks at Bricks and McGregor:: Why dont the girls react that way when I do that?
21:06 BettyDevlin: ::Catches Drogan's eyes and tries not to corpse too badly.::
21:06 EnsKellen has left IRC (Disintegrated: Leaving)
21:06 DerrickDartford: 4::Flatly:: Because it isn't about the words, mister --
21:07 CarinaHarper: ::Chuckles at the comment, watching the others. This was actually rather entertaining::
21:07 MatthiasBryant: ::rounds the corner, walking down the deck:: Let's see ... the other end of that hall should be up this way ... ::keeps any eye out for other sailer-bodyguards::
21:07 MickeyBricks: Oh, Mr. Forthwright, the world would be unable to continue if everyone would woo like that.
21:07 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Realizes the guy at the head of the table is talking to him:: Forthwright... Johnathan Forthwright...Esquire
21:07 Mathew_Reddy: It takes a certain amount of charm.... ::looks at the name plate:: Mr. Forthright
21:08 Nicholas_Hart: ::Silently observing the rest while eating at a steady pace::
21:09 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::TO Betty::Eastern hompathic therapy is quite effective for motion sickness.
21:09 Sheila_McGregor: ::as the first course began arriving, she could actually hear her stomach grumble:: This smells heavenly
21:10 MaryDonnelly: ::Continues to eat, but is still somewhat disturbed by the turn of events with Gary:: Does anyone find the circumstances under which Mr. Graystone was taken away to be odd?
21:10 MatthiasBryant: ::finds the door where they took Falco out of, but no sign of anyone else:: I can't hear anymore shouting so he's either gagged, locked in a decently insulated room or dead. And I'm good with two out of those three things. ::looks around for where to go::
21:10 DerrickDartford: 4::Begins to enjoy a nice cup of bisque:: Tell me about yourselves, ladies and gentlemen. I don't recall seeing most of you during the commotion last evening.
21:10 CarinaHarper: ::Looks at the food in front of her and decides she probably better start eating.::
21:11 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> A GROUP OF SAILORS ABRUPTLY ENTER THE ROOM AND JOG STRAIGHT THROUGH IT, GOING OUT THE DOOR USED TO HAUL FALCO AWAY.
21:11 Mathew_Reddy: Mathew Reddy. Formerly Lt Cmdr Reddy. I was a Navy man back in the Great War.
21:11 MickeyBricks: ::He began eating the bisque, approving of it. He eyed Devlin, a thin, mischevious grin belaying his character.::
21:11 CarinaHarper: ::Watches the sailors:: <w> That doesn't look good.
21:12 BettyDevlin: ::Watches the sailors:: Oh dear.
21:12 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Wants to eat his bisque but is confused.:: :: To Reddy:: <w> Which spoon do I use?
21:12 MickeyBricks: ::He turned around to watch the sailors run through.:: It’s all about doors and sardines, isn’t it?
21:12 MatthiasBryant: ::weighs the options when the sailors unexpectedly come out the door he's standing by:: Oh, well that makes things simpler. You chaps, I wish to speak with the captain if I may.
21:12 DerrickDartford: 4::Eyes the sailors, in character, and then returns to the conversation:: American, no doubt? You don't seem the sort to have been at Jutland.
21:12 Mathew_Reddy: <w> Always Inside to out Mr Forthright.
21:13 Sheila_McGregor: ::she was enjoying the bisque, the depth of flavor was astounding in something so simple, elegant.:: The shenanigans ::eyeing the sailors:: seem to be continuing.
21:13 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> ONE OF THE SAILORS SLOWS DOWN TO REPLY TO BRYANT IN A THICK FRENCH ACCENT. "YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT YOUR TURN, SIR -- WE DO AS WELL!" HE THEN RUNS OFF.
21:13 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: To Reddy:: <w> I thought it was outside in...
21:13 Mathew_Reddy: Indeed. I was a Tin Can Captain.
21:13 MatthiasBryant: Wait? What does that even mean!
21:13 MickeyBricks: ::Bricks was widly brandishing the largest spoon. Of course no one would dear chasise this with his airs.::
21:13 BettyDevlin: What's a tin can captain mean?
21:14 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Selects the proper spoon and tastes the soup:: Excellent.
21:14 Mathew_Reddy: I was the Captain of a Destroyer Ma'am
21:14 DerrickDartford: 4::Looks to Reddy expectantly, giving him the opportunity to explain rather than acting the know-it-all himself::
21:14 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Finally just picks one of the spoons up and tries the bisque:: Not bad...not bad at all
21:14 CarinaHarper: ::Eats the bisque and smiles.:: Rather tasty this is.
21:14 BettyDevlin: Oh. How fascinating Mr Reddy.
21:14 MatthiasBryant: ::frowning slightly he enters the door they just came through - finding himself back in the dining hall::
21:14 Sheila_McGregor: ::there was an order to spoons? Pfft. She used whatever was at the table::
21:14 MaryDonnelly: ::Tastes the bisque and savors the flavor::
21:14 BettyDevlin: ::Tries very hard to keep a wide eyed innocence in place.::
21:15 DerrickDartford: 4And what have you destroyed, Mister Reddy?
21:15 MatthiasBryant: ::leans down and ask a holographic passenger where the sailors had come from::
21:15 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> THE PASSENGER RESPONDS, "WHY, THE OTHER DOOR, SIR! THEY SEEMED TO BE IN A HURRY!"
21:16 MatthiasBryant: Indeed they do. And I think someone should find out why. you've been ever so helpful. ::goes to the other door::
21:16 BettyDevlin: How about you Mr. Bricks. What do you do?
21:16 Mathew_Reddy: I was not part of any major engagement. I was on Convoy escort duty most of the war.
21:17 MickeyBricks: I’m a jazz muscian, ma’am. Trombone’s my primary tool but I’ve been known to tickle the ivories or set down a bass line or two.
21:17 CarinaHarper: ::Watches Bryant going off to the other door and shakes her head, going back to attempting to relax and enjoy herself::
21:17 Mathew_Reddy: However we did beat off a German torpedo boat once.
21:17 Sheila_McGregor: Other than the excitement, how is everyone's evening fairing?
21:18 MatthiasBryant: ::opens the other door and exits, hoping to spot where Graystone had been dragged to::
21:18 BettyDevlin: I'm sure you have Mr Bricks. ::a dimple appears in her cheek as she bites her lip to stop laughing.::
21:18 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> ANOTHER GROUP OF SAILORS BREEZES THROUGH THE ROOM, KNOCKING ONE PASSENGER DOWN AS THEY RUN.
21:19 BettyDevlin: ::Frowns:: As delightful it is to get to know you all, should we be concerned?
21:19 CarinaHarper: ::Glances to McGregor:: Besides freezing up on deck rather well. ::Watches the next group of sailors:: This still doesn't look good.
21:19 MickeyBricks: ::Drogan tried to hold his sultry, “dark stranger” character together but eneded up giggling for a second or two.::
21:19 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Shakes his head at the incursion in the dining hall.:: I dare say that if this is how the crew treats the passengers all the time, i shall complain to the captain
21:19 MatthiasBryant: ::hears the commotion - forget where they came from, more interested in where they are going! Rushes back through the dining room, nodding to those he passes, and chasing the sailors down::
21:20 Sheila_McGregor: ::She leaned over and stage-whispered to Betty:: Bricks is just.... ::She just chuckled:: ...go get him girl.
21:20 BettyDevlin: That's Mr Bryant..
21:20 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> ONE OF THE SAILORS SEES BRYANT AND CALLS OUT, "GOULET HAS TAKEN OVER THE SHIP! WE MUST STOP HIM!"
21:21 MickeyBricks: Are we sure it’s wise to interrupt a stream of angry seamen?
21:21 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Eats his soup slowly, listening to the others::
21:21 MatthiasBryant: Well, why didn't you say so! ::rush after them:: What's the plan?
21:21 BettyDevlin: ::Covers her mouth and hides the sudden burst of laugher in coughing::
21:22 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> THE SAILOR SEEMS TAKEN ABACK BY THE QUESTION. "WHY... TAKE IT BACK!"
21:22 BettyDevlin: laughter*
21:22 MatthiasBryant: Well obviously! But do you have a plan of attack, man!
21:22 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> HE PONDERS AS HE RUNS. "WE JUST... TAKE IT BACK!"
21:22 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: To Reddy:: <w> My mom told me that Captain Picard liked Mystery stories...is the period holonovel a captain thing?
21:22 MatthiasBryant: ::sighs:: Well, lead on then!
21:22 CarinaHarper: ::Finishes what she was eating and looks around:: Others are noticing the running around as well.
21:22 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> A FEW PASSENGERS BEGIN TO FILE OUT OF THE ROOM, FOLLOWING THE SOLDIERS.
21:22 DerrickDartford: <<*SAILORS>>
21:23 BettyDevlin: I think we should go and help.
21:23 BettyDevlin: Mr Bryant I mean.
21:23 Johnathan_Forthwright: Help? A night in a holobrig could help Falco...
21:23 MickeyBricks: ::He looked around.:: It seems this farrago is spilling out into other areas of the ship.
21:23 DerrickDartford: 4::Finishes his bisque, then replies dismissively:: I'm sure Mister Bryant can care for himself.
21:23 Mathew_Reddy: Not sure John. ::follows the sailors and draws his 1911::
21:24 CarinaHarper: ::Looks to Devlin:: I have to agree, those sailors he seems to be following don't look happy and it can't just be because of Graystone.
21:24 BettyDevlin: <w> But he looks to be having all the fun.
21:24 MatthiasBryant: <w>Whoever wrote this chapter should be shot ...
21:24 DerrickDartford: 4::Sees those at the table beginning to head out with the other passengers::
21:25 Sheila_McGregor: ::softly:: I'm beginning to wonder if we have a hacker amongst us fiddling with the holonovel.
21:25 MatthiasBryant: ::to Reddy:: About bloody time someone else joined. Nice piece.
21:25 DerrickDartford: 4::Sighs in character:: Really, have we not had enough excitement after last night? This stowaway is surely just causing trouble.
21:25 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> THE GROUP OF SAILORS AND PASSENGERS ARRIVES AT THE DOOR TO THE BRIDGE, WHICH IS LOCKED AND GUARDED.
21:25 BettyDevlin: ::Returns to character:: But what if he is correct Mr Dartford? It is possible.
21:26 Dr_Frank_OMalley: :Nods in agreement with Dartford:: I dare say we leave the sailing to the sailors...
21:26 MickeyBricks: He seemed a cowardly and suppersitious lot.
21:26 DerrickDartford: 4The affairs of others are no concern of mine.
21:26 MatthiasBryant: ::looks at the sailors:: Any other way to get in and out of the bridge?
21:26 DerrickDartford: 4Let the authorities handle it.
21:26 Mathew_Reddy: Standard Issue in the Navy! And I am not going to sit around during a mutiny!
21:26 CarinaHarper: ::Sits back and sips her tea again:: I will say, I do not feel like running in heels anyway.
21:26 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> ONE SAILOR SAYS, "FROM THE RADIO ROOM!" HE MOTIONS TOWARDS A STILL-OPEN HATCH.
21:26 Johnathan_Forthwright: I figure the more people that leave the table, the more I can eat.
21:26 BettyDevlin: ::Coughs softly, still in character:: Yes of course. The.. authorities.
21:27 Sheila_McGregor: ::She had finished her bisque:: When can we expect the next course to arrive. I'm famished.
21:27 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> SOME OF THE SERVERS WALK OUT ONTO THE DECK AS WELL, LEAVING TRAYS OF FOOD UNDELIVERED NEAR THE KITCHEN DOORS.
21:27 MatthiasBryant: Right then. ::points to Reddy:: That's where we are heading. Make sure no one gets out this way. And send someone down to the engine room to cut the power. We don't need them to be steering the ship.
21:27 BettyDevlin: It is rather a lot of fuss and bother.
21:27 FstLtRayus has left IRC (Broken pipe)
21:27 BettyDevlin: ::Nudges Jordan:: <w> You might be right.
21:28 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> ONE SAILOR SAYS, "WE CAN'T STOP THE SHIP! WE'LL LOSE THE PRIZE!"
21:28 CarinaHarper: ::Sees the food being left:: Apparently we don't get the next course.
21:28 MatthiasBryant: Seriously? You are still worried about ... ? Oh good bloody heavens man!
21:28 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Sees the servers and sighs::
21:28 MickeyBricks: ::Drogan, forgetting he’s in character, looked around.:: I do have a gun in that trombone case. Think Arn— Bryant needs it?
21:28 Mathew_Reddy: How about I just cut the Steerage cables? We continue moving, but the bridge has no control
21:29 MatthiasBryant: See, now that's a plan! Do it Reddy
21:29 BettyDevlin: A gun. Heavens.
21:29 Sheila_McGregor: ::She chuckled at Ceja:: <w> Aklar in a tux, trombone or tickling some ivories, you in his arms dancing the night away. Maybe this ship holonovel has other perks my dear friend.
21:29 DerrickDartford: 4::Rises and goes to fetch a tray for the table::
21:29 Mathew_Reddy: :: snaps a salute:: Aye Aye sir!
21:29 DerrickDartford: 2<<Group trying to rescue Falco/Graystone, use [] please.>>
21:29 GaryGraystone is now known as [GaryGraystone]
21:30 MatthiasBryant: ::points to a few sailors:: Come with me through the radio room. Keep men here.
21:30 BettyDevlin: ::Leans very close to Sheila and murmurs very, very quietly:: <q> I say nothing.
21:30 MatthiasBryant is now known as [MatthiasBryant]
21:30 FstLtRayus has joined (~Reven@MagicStar-F627CC5C.lightspeed.tu ... global.net)
21:30 DerrickDartford: <<WB rayus!>>
21:30 Sheila_McGregor: ::She waggled her brows at Betty:: I haz ways of making you talk!
21:30 DerrickDartford: <<*Rayus!>>
21:30 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Again sees Aklar plying his tricks on the women:: I need to petition starfleet for some younger females on our ship
21:30 [MatthiasBryant]: ::heads to the radio room::
21:30 CarinaHarper: ::Becomes curious what Devlin and McGregor are whispering about, but instead watches Dartford bringing over the food::
21:30 DerrickDartford: 4::Returns to the table with the second course and opens the lids:: Bon appetit.
21:30 [MatthiasBryant]: ::pulls out his revolver, ready for action::
21:31 MickeyBricks: Well, that’s no way to get a woman, Mr. Forthright.
21:31 Mathew_Reddy is now known as [Mathew_Reddy]
21:31 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Nods to Dartford:: Thank you, my good man.
21:31 BettyDevlin: ::Sniffs and looks disapproving:: Indeed not Mr Forthwright. Why, I do not understand at least half of what you say.
21:31 Johnathan_Forthwright: Mr Bricks, its hard to get one when there are none to get. You seem to have a monopoly on them.
21:32 MickeyBricks: ::He paused, slipping back into Drogan.:: Not that one “gets” a woman like a prize or anything. ::He looked at Ceja and Jordan with a mea culpa.::
21:32 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::heads down to the engine room, gun drawn and loaded::::
21:32 [MatthiasBryant]: ::enters the radio room, on the look out for any danger::
21:32 CarinaHarper: ::Smiles to Dartford:: Ah, more food to eat. Thank you.
21:32 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> A GROUP OF GRUFF-LOOKING SAILORS ENTER THE DINING ROOM. ONE CALLS OUT: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE MEAL IS CANCELLED! RETURN TO YOUR CABINS PEACEFULLY!"
21:32 MickeyBricks: ::He looked between them.:: I don’t think either of them would object to adding to that number.
21:32 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::grabs his leather jacket on the way out::
21:32 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Turns:: Canelled, what do you mean, cancelled?!
21:33 BettyDevlin: Excuse me Gentlemen, some of us are not for sale like a prize horse.
21:33 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: trying to defend himself:: No sir, not a prize, but some female companionship would be nice. No offense ladies, but one of my own age would be best.
21:33 Sheila_McGregor: ::She arched a brow at Forthwright, then giggled at Bricks:: I might get a night off that way!
21:33 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> THE RADIO ROOM IS DESERTED -- NO SIGN OF AN OPERATOR FOR THE WIRELESS TELEGRAPH OR THE VOICE SET. THE ROOM TO THE BRIDGE IS CLOSED, BUT DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE LOCKED.
21:33 Nicholas_Hart: ::Takes his jacket and starts off:: Hmm, that's a shame
21:33 Sheila_McGregor: ::her voice sharpened as she took in Forthwright:: And how young are you boy?
21:33 CarinaHarper: ::Looks over:: That explains why the food was left. And here I was looking forward to it. I have no want to head to my cabin though.
21:33 MaryDonnelly: ::Hears the announcement and looks around:: Maybe we should see why the meal has been cancelled
21:33 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> THE SAILORS DON'T ANSWER THE DOCTOR'S QUESTION, BUT INSTEAD SIMPLY SAY, "THE MEAL IS CANCELLED. PROCEED TO YOUR CABINS."
21:33 [Mathew_Reddy]: :: slaps his taxi cap back on and slips his jacket on as well while running::
21:33 [MatthiasBryant]: ::holds a finger up to his lips to have people with him be silent. Carefully approaches the door to see if he can peak into the bridge::
21:34 DerrickDartford: 4::Eats absentmindedly:: No doubt something to do with that stowaway. No matter.
21:34 BettyDevlin: ::Narrows eyes as she looks at Mr Forthwright:: Perhaps you should seek elsewhere sir.
21:34 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::ducks into the Engine room, looking out for guards::
21:34 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Blushes a little at the attention:: Im 26 mad'dam.
21:34 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> ON THE BRIDGE, BRYANT CAN SEE GRAYSTONE TIED UP AND STUGGLING. HE IS GAGGED, BUT HE SEES BRYANT'S FACE AND LOOKS DISTRESSED.
21:34 BettyDevlin: ::To the others, pointedly ignoring Forthwright:: Well then, it does seem we have a puzzle going on.
21:35 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::ANgry, he stood and grabbed his cane in a huff:: The nerve...
21:35 BettyDevlin: What is happening on this ship.
21:35 [MatthiasBryant]: ::tries to nod to say it's going to be okay, tries to glimpse Goulet::
21:36 BettyDevlin: ::Looks around the emptying dinning room:: We shall be the only ones left soon.
21:36 CarinaHarper: ::Pushes the food away that she originally had in front of her:: I am curious what all the yelling was about earlier.
21:36 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::not seeing any, grabs a fire axe off the wall and heads to the steerage cables aft of his position::
21:36 MickeyBricks: ::He stood up.:: Yeah, I’m getting concerned. Nice as the bisque was, Admiral.
21:36 Sheila_McGregor: Well, Mr. Forthwright, maybe when you get a bit older you will know how to talk to a woman properly, not put so much stock in age, and actually man-up to the podium of life and grow a pair. ::If it hadn't been for what she would have considered coffee abuse, she would have tossed his drink in his arrogant face. Instead she turned back to Betty and Bricks:: Now where were we?
21:36 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> A GROUP OF SOLDIERS COMES OVER TO THE TABLE. ONE GRABS EACH DINER BY THE ARM AND BRUSQUELY FORCES THEM UP. "TO YOUR CABINS, ALL OF YOU!"
21:36 MickeyBricks: ::He held his hand out to Devlin.:: Allonsy, m'dear.
21:37 [MatthiasBryant]: ::Hopes Reddy is able to cut the cables. Looks at those with him and nods - they are about to go in::
21:37 DerrickDartford: 4::To the sailor gripping his arm:: That wasn't very kind.
21:37 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Is already standing, he pushed the sailor back:: Unhand me, you luggard!
21:37 MickeyBricks: ::Is roughly grabbed.:: Hey! What are you doing?
21:37 CarinaHarper: ::Glares at the soldier that had hold of her arm and tries to pull away:: I'm very capable of standing up my self, thank you. No need to be forceful.
21:37 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> DARTFORD IS PUNCHED ACROSS THE JAW.
21:37 BettyDevlin: ::Attempts to take Mr Bricks' hand, but is dragged up by the arm instead.::
21:37 BettyDevlin: OW! ::Stamps on the foot of the Sailor holding her::
21:37 [MatthiasBryant]: ::holds up his fingers, counting down ... 3 ... 2 ... 1::
21:38 MickeyBricks: ::He loooked to the solider holding him.:: Hey! You’re the guy from steerage. I thought we had an agreement.
21:38 Sheila_McGregor: ::She was hauled to her feet and looked up at the one who did it. She was in no mood::
21:38 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Doesnt remember doing so but flies accross the room and socks the sailor that had assaulted the Admiral::
21:38 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::aiming carefully:: May the Engineers forgive me... ::heaves as hard as he can and axes the steerage cables coming from the bridge::
21:38 MaryDonnelly: ::Looks to the sailor and stands, but lets out an audible huff to show her displeasure:: The nerve!
21:38 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> REDDY LANDS HIS BLOW. THE CABLES ARE CUT WITH A SHOWER OF SPARKS.
21:38 BettyDevlin: ::Glad she is wearing heels, kicks the shins of the sailor as well.::
21:38 [MatthiasBryant]: ::grabs the door, pulls it open and steps quickly into the bridge with his revolver drawn!::
21:38 DerrickDartford: 4::Picks himself up and rubs his jaw:: That wasn't very kind, fellows. Not very kind at all.
21:39 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> DARTFORD GETS ANOTHER PUNCH, AND IS KNOCKED DOWN AGAIN.
21:39 [Mathew_Reddy]: Now! Back to the Bridge! ::begins his trek back to the bridge::
21:39 CarinaHarper: ::Notices what Devlin is doing and smirks, kicking the sailor that had hold of her with her own heels::
21:39 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> ON THE BRIDGE, CAPTAIN GOULET AND HIS HENCHMEN TURN, SURPRISED.
21:39 Nicholas_Hart: ::Turns at getting his armed grab and introduces the intruding sailor's nose to his fist::
21:39 [MatthiasBryant]: Freeze, Captain Goulet!
21:39 [MatthiasBryant]: And the rest of you!
21:39 [MatthiasBryant]: I don't know what your game is, but this is check and mate
21:40 DerrickDartford: 4::Leaps to his feet and delivers a swift kick to his attacker::
21:40 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Remembers his Klingon assault training and tackles another offending sailor::
21:40 BettyDevlin: ::Takes one step closer to the sailor, and twists suddenly:: Let Go!
21:40 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::He jabbed the sailor sharpely in the gut with his cane, then flips it and strikes him in the temple with the gemstone handle::
21:40 MickeyBricks: ::He leaned in to the Solider holding him,then quickly pulled down on the solider’s arm, hoping to judo flip the guy over him.::
21:40 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> GOULET BEGINS TO LAUGH. "THIS MAN THINKS HE FRIGHTENS US WITH HIS SHOW OF FORCE!" HE MOTIONS TO THE SAILORS.
21:40 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::draws his 1911 again and rushes up the stairs:: damn this era.... No turbolifts....
21:40 CarinaHarper: ::Does not enjoy fighting in a dress, and continues to kick at the sailor:: Leave us be!
21:41 BettyDevlin: ::Tucks a strand of hair behind an ear.:: I wasn't always a librarian you know.
21:41 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> ALL OF HIS GUARDS QUICKLY DRAW THEIR OWN PISTOLS AND TRAIN THEM ON THE NOW-OUTNUMBERED BRYANT.
21:41 Sheila_McGregor: ::She had not turned around, and instead swung her head back quickly and sharply hitting the guard in the nose. Hopefully, she broke it. The blood coming out of it was a good indication. She stomped on his instep, then turned and went for a kick to the groin::
21:41 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> THE SAILORS TRYING TO DISPERSE THE DINERS ARE QUICKLY SUBDUED.
21:41 [MatthiasBryant]: Well that really is the point of a show of force, isn't it? ::holds up his revolver:: Well, have a bit of standoff, now don't we?
21:41 Nicholas_Hart: ::Grabs another, twisting his arm behind him and smashing his face into a rail::
21:42 CarinaHarper: ::Sighs and looks at the others:: Why must they always be violent?
21:42 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::peeks into the bridge and sees the standoff:: <w> bloody....
21:42 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: sees the ladies fight off their attackers and begins to reevaluate his no older women policy::
21:42 [MatthiasBryant]: Oh, and by the way and for no particular reason, I hope you enjoy this course we are one, because we are going to be following it for awhile.
21:42 BettyDevlin: ::Dusts off her dress::
21:42 MickeyBricks: ::He paused to make a pun.:: Aren’t any good puns about Librarians. “Check yourself out?”
21:43 Sheila_McGregor: ::she grinned when the guard doubled over and fell to the ground. She rubbed the back of her head:: Damn, I'm not as hard-headed as Arnet swears I am.
21:43 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::holsters his pistol and takes up the axe with both hands before sneaking around to the other entrance::
21:43 MickeyBricks: ::He moved closer to Devlin.::
21:43 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> GOULET NODS, LOOKING SMUG. "WITH YOU AT A DISADVANTAGE, SIR."
21:43 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::He looked over at Dartford:: Are you alright, sir?
21:43 [MatthiasBryant]: Well, I always am aren't I? That's what makes me so good at what I do.
21:43 DerrickDartford: 4I suppose these gentlemen were serious about getting us out of the way... But I must admit, they did the opposite. We've just been dragged into the mess.
21:44 CarinaHarper: ::Rubs the foot she'd been using to kick the sailor:: Maybe we should see where Bryant ran off too, if he's got into as much trouble as we have, that could be bad.
21:44 DerrickDartford: 4I suggest we follow Bryant and get to the bottom of this. ::Rubs his jaw::
21:44 BettyDevlin: ::Walks over to stand beside Bricks::
21:44 MickeyBricks: ::Drogan turned from Devlin to pick up a plot.::
21:44 BettyDevlin: I do believe you are right Mr Dartford.
21:44 [GaryGraystone]: ::Still struggling against his bonds::
21:44 Nicholas_Hart: ::Looks down at the sailors:: Well, I guess you can't expect much for sailors
21:44 [MatthiasBryant]: But really who doesn't lock the second door into where they are holed up? That just seems sloppy!
21:44 MickeyBricks: ::He examined it and then showed it to the group.:: Remember, when all around is strife and uncertainty, there's nothing like a good old fashioned plate of sardines
21:44 CarinaHarper: If that is the case ::Slips off her heels:: I'm not running in these things.
21:45 BettyDevlin: ::To Bricks:: I see?
21:45 [Mathew_Reddy]: :: smashes a guard in the skull and pulls the pistol up to Goulet's head:: And the tables turn...
21:45 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> GOULET REPLIES, "THERE WAS LITTLE TIME." HE MOVES OVER TO THE HELM AND BEGINS TO SWING IT AROUND -- ONLY TO FIND IT TURNS MUCH TOO EASILY.
21:45 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::He moved over to Dartford and looked him over before holding up two fingers:: How many fingers am I holding up?
21:45 [MatthiasBryant]: Oh yes ... remember what I said about enjoying your course?
21:45 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> HE SHOUTS, "SACREBLEU!"
21:46 MickeyBricks: ::He shrugged.:: Sounded good at the time.
21:46 [Mathew_Reddy]: Mission Completed Mr. Bryant!
21:46 MickeyBricks: Let’s go… ::He put his hand out for Devlin to take.::
21:46 Sheila_McGregor: ::She sighed, looking at the mess of the dining room:: We can't even do a normal dinner party around here.
21:46 DerrickDartford: 4::Fetches a wrench from one of the sailors' pockets and then begins to make his way out to the deck::
21:47 BettyDevlin: ::Tucks her hand into the crook of Brick's elbow.:: Now, shall we go and deal with this mess? Trombone gun and all.
21:47 CarinaHarper: When is anything ever normal anymore? ::Asked to McGregor as she follows Dartford::
21:47 [MatthiasBryant]: ::smiles as Reddy comes flying in:: Sacrebleu indeed. ::moves around to Graystone, revolver still trained on Goulet's men:: Mr. Graystone, are you alright? ::removes the gag from Falco::
21:47 [GaryGraystone]: ::Slips his hands free and then leaps to his feet, still gagged::
21:47 Sheila_McGregor: ::she chuckled a Carina:: Indeed. But we could have at least gotten to the second course!
21:47 [GaryGraystone]: <<Scratch mine>>
21:47 [GaryGraystone]: I thought holodecks weren't suppose to hurt!
21:47 [GaryGraystone]: I mean...
21:47 MickeyBricks: ::He nodded to her as he pulled her along, stopping only to give his claim ticket to an exasperated but on the ball coat check girl.::
21:48 [GaryGraystone]: Fine. ::Glares at Goulet, then spits on the deck:: Better now.
21:48 BettyDevlin: ::To Bricks:: <w> well, there goes dinner and dancing.
21:48 BettyDevlin: ::Takes her coat from the same attendant::
21:48 [MatthiasBryant]: Well, "Captain" we can add mutiny to your list of charges although, quite frankly, the murder rap was probably going to do the trick.
21:48 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> GOULET IS ENRAGED. "HOW DARE YOU!?!" HE SHOUTS. HIS HENCHMEN RAISE THEIR PISTOLS.
21:49 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Moves to the crowd:: Where are we off to first?
21:49 CarinaHarper: ::Listens as they go:: I hear shouting somewhere.
21:49 DerrickDartford: 4::Rounds the corner and sees a large crowd assembled near the bridge:: There, I think.
21:49 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::tosses the axe to Graystone:: Defend yourself!
21:49 MickeyBricks: ::He paused and looked at her.:: <w> You head me say that?
21:49 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Takes up the rear of the party as he follows the others::
21:49 [MatthiasBryant]: Ah ah ah! ::calls out: Do you hear the commotion outside?
21:49 MickeyBricks: heard*
21:49 [MatthiasBryant]: I think now the odds are slightly more in my favor.
21:49 BettyDevlin: <w> I think so. ::Smiles at him::
21:50 CarinaHarper: ::Looks towards the group and nods:: <w> Oh what a mess this is.
21:50 [GaryGraystone]: ::Grabs the axe and looks at Goulet menacingly::
21:50 DerrickDartford: 4::Sees the open door to the radio room and leads the others inside::
21:51 [MatthiasBryant]: The rest of you men, I suggest you lower your guns.
21:51 [MatthiasBryant]: I'm afraid that "Captain" Goulet is being relieved of duty.
21:51 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::is still holding his pistol to the "captain's head::
21:51 CarinaHarper: ::Slips in the door, glad she didn't have her heels on anymore::
21:51 MickeyBricks: <w> I wish you mentioned that the other night.
21:51 BettyDevlin: ::Returns to character:: Mr Bricks, which way do you think we should go. I have no idea.
21:52 Sheila_McGregor: ::She was right behind Betty and Bricks:: Hey now, it was my samba dang it. ::She giggled and moved past them, looking for trouble::
21:52 BettyDevlin: ::Leans against him.:: <w> Didn't seem like the time.
21:52 MickeyBricks: ::He nodded. Pulling her along.:: I think this way…
21:52 DerrickDartford: 2ACTION> GOULET HEARS PEOPLE ENTERING THE RADIO ROOM. "I BELIEVE IT IS YOU WHO ARE BE..." HE SAYS, TRAILING OFF AS HE SEES WHO IS ARRIVING.
21:52 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Gripping the shaft of his cane, he twisted the top and pulled, revealling a long blade concealed inside::
21:52 DerrickDartford: 4::Steps onto the bridge, carrying the rather sizable wrench::
21:53 DerrickDartford: 4We were trying to stay out of this, Mister Bryant. We really were.
21:53 [Mathew_Reddy]: I think not "sir" ::sarcasm dripping::
21:53 [MatthiasBryant]: Mr. Dartford, I was wondering when you would be enticed to put down your spoon.
21:53 DerrickDartford: <<Switching to 4red for all ACTIONs.>>
21:53 [MatthiasBryant]: ::looks at the lackies:: Are you ready to give up now?
21:53 BettyDevlin: ::Hurries along with Bricks:: I do hope that everyone is well.
21:53 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> OUT THE WINDOW, THERE IS A FLASH OF GREEN VISIBLE IN THE DISTANCE. THEN ANOTHER, AND ANOTHER. THEY SEEM TO BE OCCURRING EVERY 3 SECONDS OR SO.
21:54 CarinaHarper: ::Stands off to the side but still keeps an eye on everyone. Then is caught off guard by the green flashes:: <w> That isn't right...
21:54 [MatthiasBryant]: Uh ... ::breaks character:: What in blazes is that?
21:54 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> THE SAILORS LOWER THEIR PISTOLS AS THEY SEE THE LIGHTS.
21:54 BettyDevlin: ::Stops::
21:54 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Stares funny at the light pulses:: Ive never seen a light quite like that in nature...
21:54 [MatthiasBryant]: ::calls out to Warp:: Stop the ship!
21:54 [Mathew_Reddy]: Another Boat?
21:54 MickeyBricks: ::He stopped.:: Huh...
21:54 [GaryGraystone]: The green flash! It has to be!
21:54 BettyDevlin: That isn't the green flash.
21:54 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::He withdrew the sword full from its scabbord and held it at the ready::
21:55 BettyDevlin: ((I know they aren't together))
21:55 DerrickDartford: 4Not quite, Mister Graystone. ::Steps over to the helm and tries to pull back the power::
21:55 DerrickDartford: 4Apparently this isn't quite working. ::Tries again::
21:55 [GaryGraystone]: But it has to be! It's green, and it's flashing!
21:55 [Mathew_Reddy]: Im afraid that wont work good sir!
21:55 [MatthiasBryant]: Can't we cut the engines?
21:55 [MatthiasBryant]: ::to Goulet:: What is that light?
21:55 CarinaHarper: Anyone want to explain what is going on here?
21:55 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: To Dartford:: Maybe a trained pilot should take that wheel sir..
21:55 Sheila_McGregor: ::She just watched the light show, not knowing wht was really going on::
21:56 BettyDevlin: Are they moving?
21:56 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> ANOTHER LIGHT APPEARS BEYOND, THIS ONE RED. IT FLASHES EVERY 4 SECONDS, CAUSING IT TO SYNC UP WITH THE GREEN LIGHT ONCE EVERY 12.
21:56 [Mathew_Reddy]: Now Im not sure what that flashing nonsense is, but the steerage and control cables have been cut!
21:56 DerrickDartford: 4Perhaps you should go below and get us stopped, Mister Reddy?
21:56 CarinaHarper: Red and green? This really doesn't look right.
21:56 [Mathew_Reddy]: Aye.
21:56 Dr_Frank_OMalley: Radio engineering, tell them to stop the ship...
21:56 [MatthiasBryant]: ::to Harper:: Well, love, the Captain killed a woman last night, tried to take control of the ship and now there is a strange series of lights. Oh, and we can't stop.
21:56 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> GOULET SAYS, "THOSE ARE THE CHANNEL MARKERS. WE HAVE REACHED EUROPEAN WATERS!"
21:56 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::rushes away::
21:56 Sheila_McGregor: If they are trying to play Simond Says ::pointing at the lights:: they are doing it wrong.
21:56 MickeyBricks: Buoy lights?
21:57 BettyDevlin: ::Eyes widen:: Oh.. I think I know..
21:57 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> HE CONTINUES, "NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE MAN WHO WON THE BLUE RIBAND!"
21:57 [Mathew_Reddy]: :: stops:: So we don't need to stop?
21:57 BettyDevlin: The channel..
21:57 [MatthiasBryant]: Don't you care that the epithet "murderer" will also be appended to your footnote in history?
21:57 BettyDevlin: ((I grew up right on the edge of the channel. I actually *know* those red and green lights..Took me years to learn to sleep without them flashing on the ceiling.))
21:58 DerrickDartford: 4Where there are channel markers, there is land. Ships that don't stop when headed for land generally run into structural issues.
21:58 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Laughs:: You werent at the helm when it happend "Captain" I believe that it is Mr Dartford that won the race...
21:58 Sheila_McGregor: DO we have an anchor?
21:58 [Mathew_Reddy]: Quite right!
21:58 [MatthiasBryant]: Dartford? Heavens no! That two-bit spy shouldn't get anything!
21:58 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::rushes to the engine room::
21:58 CarinaHarper: Buoy lights? All this for the race? Wait, spy?
21:59 DerrickDartford: 4::Turns to Bryant and smiles, this time genuinely:: You put me in this position, MAtthias.
21:59 Johnathan_Forthwright: Now Im really confused...did you just call the Adm....Mr Dartford a spy?
21:59 DerrickDartford: <<*Matthias>>
21:59 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::is practically flying down the stairs::
21:59 [MatthiasBryant]: I don't remember inviting you to step away from bisque!
21:59 CarinaHarper: ::Looks between the two of them, eyebrow raised::
21:59 [MatthiasBryant]: ::comes over to Dartford, pushing one of the lackies aside::
21:59 BettyDevlin: Come on.. the channel around here has been altered to prevent ships from attacking!
21:59 Johnathan_Forthwright: Mr. Bryant I wouldnt do that if I were you. Trust me on that one
22:00 [MatthiasBryant]: Quite ... er .. whatever your name is.
22:00 [MatthiasBryant]: Mr. Dartford here is a spy for the Cunard line. He has been gathering intel on this ship since he stepped aboard.
22:00 Johnathan_Forthwright: Quite what sir? :: Raises his eyebrows with attitude::
22:00 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::going into the engine room:: Now... this should stop us! ::grabs the throttle lever and yanks it back to full stop::
22:01 DerrickDartford: 4And it's rather fitting for me to be at the helm as it fails to win the Blue Riband, is it not?
22:01 DerrickDartford: 4For I believe you'll see... Those lights aren't quite right.
22:01 [MatthiasBryant]: Come again?
22:01 MickeyBricks: Lead on, M’dear… Teagan. Betty. Whatever!
22:01 CarinaHarper: ::Glances out at the lights::
22:02 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Returns his hidden blade to its scabbord and lightly rested his hands on top of the cane;;
22:02 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> GOULET TURNS AND LOOKS AT THEM... THEN OPENS HIS EYES WIDER. "NO... IT CAN'T BE..."
22:02 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::getting on the horn:: +bridge+ Throttle is cut, and I have the hlm from down here.
22:02 DerrickDartford: 4::Hears the speaking tube come to life, then grabs it and calls back down:: Very good. Thank you.
22:02 CarinaHarper: ::Shakes her head:: What is going on here?
22:03 [MatthiasBryant]: Mr. Dartford, care to explain yourself?
22:03 DerrickDartford: 4You see, ladies and gentlemen, the timing of those lights is very particular.
22:03 BettyDevlin: ::Hurries ahead, explaining:: The channel was dug out in a particular pattern. Some places not far from here are actually only 8 feet deep at full tide.
22:03 DerrickDartford: 4If you look out in just a moment, you'll see another light. This one is white.
22:04 Sheila_McGregor: ((have a great night all..my bedtime has long passed!!))
22:04 [MatthiasBryant]: Yes, yes, get on with it.
22:04 MickeyBricks: That’s… not good.
22:04 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ((Night, Jordan!))
22:04 MickeyBricks: Or, well, as a defense, yes.
22:04 CarinaHarper: ((Night!))
22:05 Sheila_McGregor has left ()
22:05 CarinaHarper: ::Stands against one of the walls, just listening, arms crossed::
22:05 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> A WHITE LIGHT APPEARS ABOVE THE WAVES. ONE FLASH... THEN FOUR FLASHES... THEN THREE FLASHES.
22:05 BettyDevlin: Oh yes, by the time you get anywhere near Drakes Island, for example, you're in very shallow waters indeed. ::Turns and smiles again:: wasn't always a librarian you see.
22:05 DerrickDartford: 4Welcome, ladies and gentlemen... To Massachusetts.
22:06 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Raises an eyebrow:: Facinating
22:06 CarinaHarper: Massachusetts? Oh that is lovely.
22:06 BettyDevlin: ::Skids to a halt as she just hears that.:: Oh.. Well then. I stand completely corrected.
22:06 MickeyBricks: Oh? Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy?
22:06 [MatthiasBryant]: Massachusetts. Massachusetts? ::looks at Goulet:: That is definitely not European waters.
22:07 DerrickDartford: 4Minots Ledge Light, everyone, known by its distinctive flashing pattern.
22:07 DerrickDartford: 4The locals say it is a code: "I LOVE YOU." Naturally, the local lover's lane runs near the beach.
22:07 BettyDevlin: ::Grins at Bricks:: Perhaps Mister Bricks. But I can't tell you, official secrets and all that.
22:08 MickeyBricks: Yes, well, you’re full of secrets… both official and unofficial.
22:08 CarinaHarper: ::Shakes her head::
22:08 Dr_Frank_OMalley: When did they turn the ship around?
22:08 DerrickDartford: 4Now, Captain Goulet, I think you'll find you've won very little other than a prison sentence.
22:08 MickeyBricks: Is that not in England?
22:08 DerrickDartford: 4And you've also given Cunard more time to secure the prize. I thank you.
22:08 BettyDevlin: I am afraid not Mr Bricks. Far from it in fact.
22:09 [MatthiasBryant]: ::to Goulet:: And if that isn't punishment enough, I do not know what is.
22:09 BettyDevlin: This, of course, is why Mr. Dartford did not want us to leave the table.
22:09 DerrickDartford: 4Bryant, perhaps we should find the radio operators and have them call a harbor pilot. We'll be needing assistance getting into Boston.
22:09 CarinaHarper: I think I would have enjoyed the meal more than this honestly.
22:10 DerrickDartford: 4And I suppose someone needs to inform the crew that the ship was turned around yesterday during the ruckus surrounding the murder.
22:10 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::He moved to stand near Carina:: to think we wasted a perfectly goo meal for this...
22:10 [MatthiasBryant]: I agreed, Mr. Dartford, and you know that drives me crazy
22:10 CarinaHarper: ::Chuckles:: Indeed.
22:10 DerrickDartford: 4ACTION> GOULET STAMMERS AND BEGINS TO SPOUT EXPLETIVES IN FRENCH.
22:10 BettyDevlin: I rather think I would have enjoyed the dancing. ::tucks her hand back into Mickey Bricks' arm again.::
22:11 DerrickDartford: 4::Reaches down and fetches a small magnet near the compass -- one nobody had noticed before::
22:11 [GaryGraystone]: Yeah! ::Kicks Goulet in the shin:: We win! We win!
22:11 CarinaHarper: ::Smiles:: Fooling the compass, very nice.
22:11 Dr_Frank_OMalley: Simple, but effective...
22:12 [MatthiasBryant]: Mr. Dartford, you clever fellow you ...
22:12 MickeyBricks: I know. I was quite looking forward to dancing.
22:12 DerrickDartford: 4Perhaps we should, Mister Bricks. Perhaps we should. Shall we make our way back to the dining room to enjoy the evening properly?
22:13 [MatthiasBryant]: That is a wonderful plan except ::pulls out his badge:: You just confessed a crime, Mr. Dartford.
22:13 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::He offered his arm to Carina:: Shall we return to the dinning hall and see what we can salvage from the meal, miss...?
22:13 CarinaHarper: Dancing and dinner? I think I'll stick to the dinner part.
22:13 BettyDevlin: Well, it does seem a terrible shame to waste the food, and the music.
22:13 MickeyBricks: Seems like we should.
22:14 DerrickDartford: 4::Looks less pleased than he did a moment ago:: You can't be serious.
22:14 MickeyBricks: ::He turned to Harper.:: I have two arms, Ms. Harper.
22:14 MickeyBricks: ::He waggled his eyrbows.::
22:14 [MatthiasBryant]: ::shrugs:: I don't bloody well care who wins. I get paid for catching you and Goulet either way.
22:14 BettyDevlin: ::To Carina:: There you go. Perfectly fun.
22:15 CarinaHarper: ::Looks between the two:: Now this is interesting...two arms, I don't know which to take.
22:15 DerrickDartford: 4::To Graystone:: Well, Gary... It appears he's the one who wins.
22:15 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Looks around to see the ladies taken and turns to Reddy and Hart:: Darts and cognac gentlemen?
22:15 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::He flashed his ruby-topped cane::
22:15 BettyDevlin: How about the one that I'm not holding? ::chuckles::
22:15 [GaryGraystone]: South Africans... Can't trust the lot of them.
22:15 [MatthiasBryant]: ::lopsided grin:: I rather like this novel.
22:16 DerrickDartford: =/\= PAUSE SIM =/\=
22:16 CarinaHarper: ::Paused::
22:16 Johnathan_Forthwright: :: Paused::
22:16 [MatthiasBryant]: ::paused::
22:16 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Paused::
22:16 BettyDevlin: ::Paused::
22:16 [Mathew_Reddy]: :: Paused::
22:16 MickeyBricks: ::paused.::
22:16 Nicholas_Hart: ::Paused::
22:16 [MatthiasBryant]: 4ATTENTION ON DECK!
22:16 BettyDevlin: ::AA::
22:16 CarinaHarper: ::AA::
22:16 Dr_Frank_OMalley: ::Stands Quietly::
22:17 [Mathew_Reddy]: ::AA::
22:17 Johnathan_Forthwright: ::AA::
22:17 MickeyBricks: ::AA::
22:17 Nicholas_Hart: ::AA::
22:17 Johnathan_Forthwright: (( When I saw the nautical theme I was scared of the "Walk the Plank" situation
22:17 [MatthiasBryant] is now known as CmdrARnet
22:17 MaryDonnelly: ::AA::
22:17 DerrickDartford: All right -- great sim, folks!
22:17 CarinaHarper is now known as LtCmdrRollands
22:18 DerrickDartford is now known as AdmWarp
22:18 BettyDevlin is now known as DrCeja
22:18 Nicholas_Hart is now known as LtJgGrimm
22:18 Dr_Frank_OMalley is now known as Dr_Novar
22:18 AdmWarp: And a nice visit back to the world of "The Blue Riband"!
22:18 Johnathan_Forthwright is now known as Ens
22:18 Ens is now known as EnsRicker
22:18 [Mathew_Reddy] is now known as LtBlackburn
22:18 AdmWarp: If you want to learn more about our previous adventures there, here are the summaries from the first two plots we ran based on the holonovel:
22:18 AdmWarp: http://www.usspotemkin.com/encyclopedia ... lue_riband
22:18 AdmWarp: http://www.usspotemkin.com/encyclopedia ... band_redux
22:19 AdmWarp: There were two others, but we... are still working on those summaries. ;)
22:19 Dr_Novar: I vaguely remember those.,.
22:19 MickeyBricks: Arnet’s down in the salt mines.
22:19 LtBlackburn: I read those articles
22:19 AdmWarp: I thank you all for helping us write a third, most enjoyable chapter!
22:20 AdmWarp: Before we dismiss, Mister Ricker would like to announce this week's winner for his very important contest! Ricker?
22:20 EnsRicker: oh I would?
22:20 EnsRicker: And I dont know that its all that important but...
22:20 EnsRicker: The correct answer was Eddie Murphy and Bom was the winner
22:21 CmdrARnet: Bom still qualifies for these things?
22:21 LtCmdrRollands: Apparently so
22:21 EnsRicker: He was the only one with the correct answer so I guess so
22:21 CmdrARnet: Note to self - revoke The Blue Man's privileges.
22:21 MickeyBricks: Bom is beyond your rules.
22:22 LtCmdrRollands: I'd have to agree
22:22 AdmWarp: I'm staying out of this one. ;)
22:22 LtBlackburn: He is beyond everyone's rules
22:22 AdmWarp: We do have some business, but it's getting late, so it'll have to wait for a future week.
22:22 DrCeja: I am keeping my mouth very quiet..
22:22 AdmWarp: Thanks for coming, everybody, and we'll see you all in seven!
22:22 CmdrARnet: Don't doubt my powers!
22:22 AdmWarp: Arnet, cut 'em loose, please!
22:22 DrCeja: Hand over mouth and all.
22:22 CmdrARnet: 4CUT GRUMPILY LOOSE!
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.


Return to USS Potemkin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


cron