USS Mercutio Mission Briefing: Sim Date: 4 Feb 08

View the bios of the characters from the USS Mercutio, their sim recaps and non-log posts!

Moderator: [Sim] Mercutio - Hosts

USS Mercutio Mission Briefing: Sim Date: 4 Feb 08

Postby CptStaceyTemplar » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:24 pm

USS Mercutio Mission Briefing
Sim Date: 4 Feb 08
NCC72327M
Sim Starts at 9:30 PM

AIM Users will need an invitation

Captain’s Personal Log
(takes place three days after the last mission)

I am nearly at my breaking point. I have had it up to here with Section 31 and their sketchy reports with all of their unknowns. Unknown religious fanatics. Unknown yields. Unknown this and that. I am fully aware that intelligence most times needs to be gathered. But, it seems that over the last year that the intelligence gathering business has become inherently dangerous. Seriously, it seems that every time we show up, pretty much anything can and does happen, much to the detriment of all involved.

Take this last planet for instance. A bunch of unknown religious fanatics got their hands on a nuclear device. How that happened, no one knows. No information on if they built it, had it built for them, or somehow stumbled across it. Then again, the device was of such a low yield that I have to wonder what actually was happening. The nuclear weapons of 20th century Earth were stronger by at least a factor of 10. From the descriptions of the away team, the inhabitants wore odd even archaic armor and had strange weapons. Their speech was English, but, as best can be described, old.

Then to have the planet … die… right before our eyes was horrible. The inhabitants were using the geothermic and volcanic nature of the planet as a power source. Either through out phaser fire, torpedoing, an equipment malfunction of their launcher, coupled with some nuclear fuel…

::She sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose in thought. She pulled out the pictures that Kydd had given her from his uncle. It was a carefree time. No pressure. Just people enjoying life. She hasn't felt that way in a long, long time.::

What the hell does is matter at this point? That planet literally died. Some people may not know it, some animals and insects may not know it, but that world is dead. Radiation poisoning is pervasive and it doesn’t care if you are the good guy or the bad guy. At this point, I am beginning not to care who is who.

And probably my least favorite thing….diplomacy. We will be having a diplomatic dinner aboard the Merc tonight.
CptStaceyTemplar
Grand Poobah of the Asylum
Grand Poobah of the Asylum

Return to General