USS Mercutio Mission Briefing, SD20611.27

View the bios of the characters from the USS Mercutio, their sim recaps and non-log posts!

Moderator: [Sim] Mercutio - Hosts

Postby CptStaceyTemplar » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:33 pm

NCC72327M

Sim Starts at 9:30 PM Eastern

AIM Users will need an Invite

After Action Report: The Triad

Capt Templar

Begin Recording>

At this point, I don’t really know what to say. The various components of this mission were an overall success. Losses by our combined forces were minimal. Damaged vessels, including the Merc, have been repaired. Starfleet has decided to return ships to their previous missions. I am not sure that was a wise decision on their part. The problem with the Triad is that its members are human. Fanatics yes, but humans to boot. Since they are from a parallel universe, they tended to blend in. Even if they weren’t human, they would still blend in. After all, Earth is populated by every race of the Federation, to some extent.

::A smile crossed her face as she remembered the rather animated protests….err speeches given by Steven Rosenfuse and Lt Persun. That smile broadened as she silently agreed with them, but played the diplomat she had to be. She couldn’t very well tell an ally that her chain of command was somewhat stupid, obtuse, and crazy at times. Still, she smiled::

Still, I have been assured that a covert ops team will continue investigating possible Triad links and personnel still on Earth. Starfleet is confident that we have hurt them significantly enough to make another attack non-beneficial to its possible surviving members. I have a problem with that logic. I suggested that this covert ops team, whomever its members may be, continue to hammer away at any potential link or threat related to the Triad. This strategy would “run them to ground” and not let them disappear back into the society’s fold. Hopefully, the ops team will press them. Hopefully.

As for the Mercutio, I am quite happy with the repairs done to the hull. I can’t rightly say if I expected the hull to look like a patchwork quilt, but I was surprised at how it doesn’t even look like the hull took damage. Part of me wishes to have a few words with Commander Jala about their lack of concern towards collateral damage, but the other part of me understands the reasoning behind the Alphan commander. Simply: Don’t give the enemy a chance to adapt to your technical advantage. I should, at the very least, send her the bill for the repair work as a joke. I don’t know how she would take it, though. And, according to the yard dogs, we have a new “package” of torpedoes especially designed to penetrate Triad shielding and then tear through hulls. Apparently, the technical data supplied by the Alphans have kept the yard dogs and engineers engrossed in technical, geeky bliss. Either way, we now have effective weaponry against the Triad or others that use similar weaponry. I will say this though; the electronic warfare components of the new torpedoes look impressive. Hey, even I can appreciate and understand some engineering-speak.

::Even now, she pinched the bridge of her nose just thinking about the oral report filled with technical mumbo-jumbo that Chief Rierson delivered. Thinking about this report, just the mere mention of some of what he said, produced that reaction and a twinge of headache. Sometimes, she hated engineers. Thankfully, LaFontaine and McKnight tend to “dumb it down” for her. She didn’t really know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.::

The injury report from Dr. Melanick looked promising, for the most part. Most of the patients had been treated and released by the time the report made it to my desk. Of course, there was one exception to that: Commander Crow. Just the neurological nature of his injuries is enough to give me pause. Just the trauma itself, not including the fluid buildup thereafter, would be enough to sideline him for weeks if not months. The series of operations that he agreed to are working phenomenally well, at least in the short term. I am not optimistic as to the overall success that has been stated. I hope I am wrong. Most of the success will depend on his mental state, coupled with the procedures themselves. Considering how he looked and acted at the Thanksgiving feast, well we will see if her turns the mental aspect around.

I hated recalling the crew from shore leave. Hated it, especially since I shorted them an entire day. In my opinion, they deserve more time off, but orders are orders. We have been ordered to….

::She bit back a retort that was forming in her mouth.::
CptStaceyTemplar
Grand Poobah of the Asylum
Grand Poobah of the Asylum

Return to General