Sim Log 2-23-16

An Akira class refit that falls under the jurisdiction of special ops, this ship keeps the peace when no one else can. Join the fun as the Mercutio approaches her fifth year!

Moderator: [Sim] Mercutio - Hosts

Sim Log 2-23-16

Postby Kris » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:16 pm

<EdraCrow> =^= ATTENTION ON DECK =^=
02:20:12: <BrielleJayde> ::AA::
02:20:13: <Capt_Crow> AA
02:20:53: <LtConstance> ::AA:
02:21:15: <EdraCrow> Ok...
02:21:28: <EdraCrow> So, we're gonna pick up mostly where we left off last night.
02:21:43: <BrielleJayde> night = week :)
02:21:49: <LtConstance> Ok
02:22:28: <EdraCrow> right...
02:22:44: <EdraCrow> this had better not be a sign of things to come
02:23:18: <EdraCrow> So, Constance got some good news...she's clear, and back on the Bridge
02:23:30: <EdraCrow> out of quarantine
02:23:48: <BrielleJayde> Yay Constance!
02:24:39: <LtConstance> How did this happen
02:25:03: <EdraCrow> The ship is now in visual range of the vents on the planet's surface.
02:25:24: <EdraCrow> Brie and I are still at the medical center trying to sort through the information we have.
02:25:28: <EdraCrow> any questions?
02:25:35: <BrielleJayde> Nada
02:25:42: <LtConstance> How did I get cleared
02:26:05: <EdraCrow> you were found to be free of the microbe.
02:26:28: <LtConstance> Oh ok
02:27:03: <EdraCrow> Keep an eye on your tabs at the top of the screen, if I need to use them. :) and any questions, pm them to me.
02:27:11: <EdraCrow> any further questions*
02:27:12: <BrielleJayde> Got it :)
02:27:19: <EdraCrow> *BEGIN*
02:28:09: <Capt_Crow> Prepare another probe and shoot it into that vent. I want to know what's happening in there.
02:28:15: <BrielleJayde> ::Taps PADD on her hand, thinking::
02:28:33: <EdraCrow> ::puts her head in her hands, beginning to get tired:: Ok, so let's review. What do we know?
02:29:16: <BrielleJayde> ::Eyes Edra and sighs:: Review, really?
02:29:23: <LtConstance> " yes sir" shooting another probe into the vent
02:29:52: <EdraCrow> I feel like we're missing something.
02:30:30: <EdraCrow> babies are dying, because of some microbe, whose origins are unknown.
02:31:13: <BrielleJayde> ::Sits back:: Okay, thing only seems to have an affect on children. I think we were trying to figure out if it started when they started..what was it, drilling?
02:31:45: <BrielleJayde> (Hey late Haydon!)
02:31:56: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> LOL
02:32:13: <EdraCrow> <<we've already begun Haydon...you're on the AT still>>
02:32:31: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> gotcha
02:32:35: <EdraCrow> <<keep an eye on your tabs>>
02:32:42: <BrielleJayde> (Incoming PM Haydon)
02:33:19: <EdraCrow> 4ACTION: THE PROBE IS LAUNCHED BACK OUT FROM THE VENT,
02:33:50: <EdraCrow> 4...NOT DAMAGED
02:34:25: <Capt_Crow> ::He slowly looked over his shoulder at Stewart:: Did that probe, with a thruster on it, just get shot out of the hole...or was it just me?
02:35:12: <LtConstance> " no sir it got shot back out at us"
02:35:59: <EdraCrow> ::shakes her head:: No, they've been drilling since they settled here. It's their source of power. ::turns to Haydon:: Did you say they upped their resource usage?
02:36:03: <BrielleJayde> (Razot!)
02:36:07: <EdraCrow> <<omg! >>
02:36:13: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> Ohhhh my little feregi buddy!
02:36:26: <BrielleJayde> ((Keep in character :-P ))
02:37:03: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> ((I'm Q I just had a vision))
02:37:47: <Razot> (( Hello ya'll, Kenneth is starting to sleep more, forgot it's 8pm thought it was still 9pm))
02:37:47: <EdraCrow> <<Razot, if you're able to play, you can be on the bridge>>
02:37:49: <BrielleJayde> ::Looks over at Haydon:: I think that’s what he’d said..
02:38:16: <Razot> ((ok))
02:38:23: <Razot> ((brb))
02:38:45: <Capt_Crow> Shoot another three in there, spaced ten seconds apiece.
02:39:30: <EdraCrow> ...maybe the deaths started when they increased their usage of the resource.
02:39:33: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> T
02:39:55: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> They claim to be needing more and more of these crystals
02:40:11: <LtConstance> " yes sir" : fires another probe counts to ten fires another one counts to ten fires the third one
02:40:14: <BrielleJayde> ::Looks down at her PADD, making a few notes:: Maybe..
02:40:44: <EdraCrow> ::goes to a computer and looks up the information she hypothesized about. The increase in infant mortality began about 3 months ago:: When did they start needing more?
02:41:31: <EdraCrow> 4ACTION: ALL THREE ARE PROPELLED BACK OUT TOGETHER.
02:42:04: <EdraCrow> ::To Haydon:: When did they start needing more of the crystals?
02:42:13: <Capt_Crow> Stewart...how big is that hole? Big enough that if we entered the atmosphere we could fit in it?
02:42:51: <LtConstance> " running a scan on the hole
02:43:39: <BrielleJayde> ::Sits back in her seat again, waiting to hear what Haydon had to say::
02:43:42: <LtConstance> No sir but a shuttle would fit in it
02:44:34: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> I am not sure Topor ever said
02:45:17: <LtRazot> ((Ok i spoke too soon.... He woke up crying i gotta go, i'm sorry))
02:45:17: <BrielleJayde> ::Frowns::
02:45:29: <EdraCrow> What if those coincided? Is the microbe a response to the drilling?
02:45:29: <BrielleJayde> ((Tis okay, night!))
02:46:15: <LtConstance> Should I prep a Shuttle to go in their sit
02:46:19: <LtConstance> Sir
02:46:27: <BrielleJayde> That would be the only change recently.
02:47:02: <Capt_Crow> ::He stood, pacing:: No...I'm not putting anyone in that spot.
02:47:09: <EdraCrow> but how could one cause the other?
02:47:26: <BrielleJayde> Wait, if this thing is technically airborn, could we have them slow down the resource usage and see if there is any change? Even a slight one?
02:47:47: <LtConstance> " yes sir"
02:47:50: <BrielleJayde> ::Stops and thinks on Edra’s question:: Hit a pocket of something with the drilling?
02:48:10: <EdraCrow> that could take a long time, and I don't know where the source of the microbe is to know if less of it is being produced.
02:48:38: <Capt_Crow> However....send a single phaser blast into the hole. Half power, for three seconds.
02:48:42: <EdraCrow> ::nods:: the drilling may have released something...
02:49:09: <BrielleJayde> Can we have Henry scan from the ship where the drilling is with the sensors?
02:49:44: <LtConstance> " yes sir" sending a phaser blast into the hole at half power holing it their counting to three
02:49:59: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> I ran as many scans as I could and transferred the data up to the ship
02:50:20: <EdraCrow> ::nods:: +Henry+ Are you able to map the drilling that's been happening on the planet, and get it to us?
02:51:13: <EdraCrow> 4ACTION: THE PLANET BEGINS TO RUMBLE
02:51:28: <Capt_Crow> +Edra+ Yes we can relay their known sites. ::He nodded to an OPS to transfer the sensor data::
02:52:07: <EdraCrow> ::looks around, bracing herself against the nearest wall:: another earthquake?
02:52:08: <BrielleJayde> ::Holds onto her seat a little:: Okay, those are getting old...
02:53:05: <EdraCrow> 4ACTION: THE RUMBLING SUBSIDES
02:54:02: <BrielleJayde> ::Sighs:: I think we need to get this sorted quickly.
02:54:07: <EdraCrow> ::checks her PADD to see that the information Henry promised had transferred.:: got it...
02:54:27: <EdraCrow> ::nods:: agreed...Haydon, anything else that Topor told you that sticks out to you?
02:54:37: <Capt_Crow> So maybe we shouldnt do that again...
02:54:40: <BrielleJayde> ::Goes over to see what Edra had gotten::
02:55:07: <LtConstance> " I agree sir"
02:55:46: <LtConstance> " checking out readouts on that hole to see what it is exactly
02:55:48: <EdraCrow> 4ACTION: THE VENT RETURNS TO IT'S NORMAL INTAKE AND EXPELLING OF GASES
02:56:26: <Capt_Crow> Is there any difference in the gases going in than going out?
02:56:39: <Capt_Crow> Is the planet absorbing anything or adding anything?
02:57:14: <LtConstance> I don't see anything sir
02:58:12: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> Not other than the using the nuclear detonations to get to the crystals and the need for more and more crystals
02:58:35: <EdraCrow> ::nods::
02:58:39: <BrielleJayde> Nuclear detonations, maybe mixing with the crystals?
02:58:59: <EdraCrow> There's something just out of our reach...
02:59:43: <BrielleJayde> And my head is spinning trying to sort all this out.
02:59:47: <EdraCrow> ::shakes her head:: if it were altering them, they likely couldn't use them the same way...I think the detonation is just to make the crystals accessible
02:59:53: <Capt_Crow> What would happen if we caved in that vent hole?
03:00:22: <LtConstance> Not sure sir but it migh endanger the planet
03:00:29: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> the nuclear detonations causing a chemical reaction to take place at the atomic level?
03:00:29: <LtConstance> Might
03:00:49: <BrielleJayde> Making something airborn but not changing the crystals?
03:00:55: <EdraCrow> ::considers:: I don't know...
03:01:50: <EdraCrow> +Henry+ Do you have any information on this planet that we didn't know when we got here? We have observations, but they're not connecting, and I think we're missing some piece of information.
03:02:51: <Capt_Crow> He shook his head. +Nothing. We sent in probes but they're shot out of the whole. I shot in phaser and it caused an earthquake and now the planet's back to snoring. I don't have a clue where to go from here.
03:03:05: <Capt_Crow> of the hole*
03:03:15: <BrielleJayde> ::Hears Henry and raises an eyebrow:: Planet fighting back?
03:03:28: <EdraCrow> ::looking over the readings he sent earlier, but stops when he says something:: snoring?
03:03:38: <LtConstance> It's like the planet is alive
03:03:42: <EdraCrow> ::looks at Brie for a moment::
03:03:54: <BrielleJayde> ::Catches Edra’s look::
03:03:58: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> a sleeping rock? that doesn't like to having bomb blown up in its belly
03:04:16: <Capt_Crow> ++The vents blow out gases then suck it back in. I know its not snoring but it was the first thing that came to mind.
03:04:39: <BrielleJayde> You don’t think..::Shakes head:: Snoring might be accurate..
03:04:49: <EdraCrow> ++No...you might be more right than you know...
03:04:53: <EdraCrow> Prophets...
03:05:11: <BrielleJayde> Someone needs to shut down this thing, fast.
03:05:13: <EdraCrow> ::looks at Haydon:: so it sends out a defense mechanism...
03:05:47: <Capt_Crow> ++The locals are about to detonate another blast for their mining.
03:05:50: <EdraCrow> ::nods to Brie::
03:06:05: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> that kinda what I was thinking
03:06:11: <BrielleJayde> ::Hears Henry:: We need to stop that.
03:06:12: <EdraCrow> We need to stop that...
03:06:21: <BrielleJayde> (HA!)
03:06:26: <EdraCrow> +We're on it
03:06:38: <EdraCrow> ::grins at Brie:: jinx
03:06:46: <BrielleJayde> ::Smirks::
03:07:10: <EdraCrow> ::heads for the door, looking for Halcorn::
03:08:54: <BrielleJayde> ::Follows Edra::
03:09:27: <EdraCrow> ::walks quickly down a hallway, turns a corner, and another until she almost runs into him:: Doctor. We may have found what's happening, but we need to ask your people to do something that's not going to be received very well
03:09:43: <BrielleJayde> And it needs done quickly, Doctor.
03:09:52: <EdraCrow> Halcorn> ::confused:: what is it?
03:10:11: <EdraCrow> Halcorn> ::looking from Edra to Brie::
03:10:35: <BrielleJayde> ::Sighs:: Shut the whole thing down, the crystal gathering, all of it. This isn’t a planet..
03:11:00: <EdraCrow> Halcorn> Do, what?
03:11:18: <BrielleJayde> Exactly as I said.
03:12:47: <EdraCrow> Is it possible to talk to Lurin again?
03:12:57: <EdraCrow> We need to talk to him.
03:13:02: <BrielleJayde> Before the next explosion is done?
03:13:23: <EdraCrow> Halcorn> ::looks at them:: I can get him over coms.
03:13:53: <EdraCrow> As fast as you can, please.
03:14:12: <Capt_Crow> Helm, re position us over their intended detonation site. Lock transporters onto their explosive but don't grab it yet.
03:14:14: <EdraCrow> Halcorn> ::nods and waves them to follow him::
03:14:33: <BrielleJayde> ::Looks to Edra:: We never would have thought that..especially if Henry hadn’t said what he did.
03:15:03: <EdraCrow> Halcorn> ::within a few minutes, he has a comline open so they can see Lurin and talk to him::
03:15:21: <EdraCrow> ::nods to Brie::
03:15:37: <EdraCrow> Lurin> What have you found?
03:16:17: <BrielleJayde> ::Punches information into their systems quickly, making sure Lurin can see it:: We found that…
03:16:33: <EdraCrow> We need you to stop the mining operations.
03:17:00: <EdraCrow> ::steps to the side so he can see what Brie showed him:: I know it's a hefty request, but we think your planet is more than any of us thought.
03:18:30: <EdraCrow> Lurin> ::sees what is shown him, and stares for a moment, amazed:: Uh...of course. ::turns off screen to send a message::
03:18:48: <BrielleJayde> ::Looks back at Edra:: Still betting this won’t go over well.
03:19:19: <EdraCrow> We'll see.
03:19:51: <EdraCrow> Lurin> ::turns back to them:: I have gotten it temporarily halted, but the mining minster is going to want some answers.
03:20:07: <BrielleJayde> It’s a start..
03:20:33: <EdraCrow> ::nods:: of course. We'll need some time to put all the information together, but we can do that.
03:21:26: <EdraCrow> Lurin> If you're right...
03:21:45: <BrielleJayde> You’ll all need to relocate for starters.
03:21:47: <EdraCrow> ::nods:: There will be some big changes coming for your people.
03:22:22: <Capt_Crow> 4Topor> ::Getting word of the hiatus from the bomb site:: The outworlders are behind this. ::He looked to one of the engineers:: Detonate it. Now.
03:24:00: <EdraCrow> 4ACTION: THE DEVICE EXPLODES, AND AFTER A FEW SECONDS, THE TREMORS SPREAD FROM THAT POINT, STRONGER THAN THEY HAVE BEEN BEFORE
03:24:35: <LtConstance> Ship was positioned over detonation cite
03:24:48: <Capt_Crow> OPS> Sir, the weapon was detonated after we learned they would stand down. We don't know why.
03:24:51: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> Topor is an idoit
03:25:22: <BrielleJayde> ::Notices the tremors and tries to find something to grab onto, failing, and loses her footing, landing hard:: Oof.
03:25:38: <Capt_Crow> +Edra+ They detonated the weapon. We're showing shocks of at least 7 and rising.
03:26:08: <LtConstance> Monitoring the shocks
03:27:25: <EdraCrow> We need to get out of here
03:27:58: <EdraCrow> ::helps Brie get up::
03:28:16: <BrielleJayde> We’d need sent to sickbay ::Takes Edra’s help:: I’m okay, just bruised.
03:29:06: <EdraCrow> ::nods::
03:29:25: <LtConstance> " si do you want me to bean the away team straight to sickbay
03:29:43: <EdraCrow> Medical> +Bridge+ Sir, we're able to isolate the microbe and the biofilters can eliminate it.
03:30:47: <Capt_Crow> +Do it and get them back.
03:31:21: <EdraCrow> 4ACTION: THE AWAY TEAM IS BEAMED BACK ABOARD THE SHIP
03:32:05: <BrielleJayde> ::Looks around when they are beamed back:: Wait, no sickbay?
03:32:21: <LtConstance> " the away team is back sir"
03:32:55: <EdraCrow> ::looks around the transporter room:: +Henry+ What's going on?
03:33:18: <EdraCrow> <<find pause points>>
03:33:19: <BrielleJayde> I’m not going near Ossan if this thing isn’t clearned up...
03:33:24: <Capt_Crow> +Edra+ Bio filters took care of the microbe.
03:34:00: <BrielleJayde> ::Sighs with relief:: Thank goodness. I need some mother/son time, badly, after all that.
03:34:02: <BrielleJayde> ::Paused::
03:34:15: <LtConstance> :paused:
03:34:28: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> :: Paused ::
03:34:38: <EdraCrow> ::closes her eyes, slumped against a wall::
03:34:43: <EdraCrow> ::paused::
03:35:23: <EdraCrow> Um...I'm gonna assume the captain's paused s well... ;)
03:35:29: <BrielleJayde> lol
03:35:34: <Capt_Crow> ya
03:35:36: <EdraCrow> Ok, thank you guys for staying late...
03:35:45: <BrielleJayde> we started late, it is okay
03:35:48: <LtConstance> No pro lolol
03:35:49: <EdraCrow> I wanted to make sure we got this wrapped up.
03:35:55: <LtConstance> Prob
03:36:06: <LtJG-HaydonMalaan> ok all im out for the night - sorry I was late getting home tonight - see you all next week?
03:36:12: <EdraCrow> If I get a chance, I'll try to wrap this up, but my week just got busy as of yesterday
03:36:27: <EdraCrow> we're still meeting next week, boss?
03:36:54: <BrielleJayde> Did he fall asleep?
03:36:55: <Capt_Crow> yes
03:36:59: <BrielleJayde> LOL
03:37:05: <EdraCrow> ::thumbs up::
03:37:14: <EdraCrow> ok...goodnight all...thanks again
03:37:14: <BrielleJayde> okie dokie, yeah i gotta crash too. night guys!
03:37:17: <EdraCrow> DISMISSED
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
User avatar
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: USS Lionheart

Return to USS Mercutio

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


cron