PL: Maybe Just Some Sleep

A Sovereign class vessel, a dedicated crew and the adventure of a lifetime, this is what the Lionheart is about. A fantastic sim offering top quality gaming. Winner of the 2001 "Seth Award for Best Live Action Sim".

Moderator: [Sim] Lionheart - Hosts

PL: Maybe Just Some Sleep

Postby Kris » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:31 am

Maybe Just Some Sleep
Commander Christine Sterling

Everyone had finally been released from sickbay, and those that had appeared in the ship had been given quarters and a chance to take in everything that had happened. The shuttlebay had been cleared and everything on the ship seemed alright. Most of the senior staff had taken the rest of the day off and were relaxing in their quarters. Christine decided to do the exact same thing, and get in some quality time with her twins.

But the moment she walked into her quarters, she wanted nothing more than to just lay down. Since when was it that she didn’t want to do anything? Had the last few hours taken that much out of her? Instead of laying down, she went over to look at the tea she’d made that morning. After all, that is what had started everything to begin with. She’d felt sick since drinking it, and wanted to make sure that it looked okay.

When she got to the teapot, she noticed it was empty. Raising an eyebrow, it was at that moment that Howard walked in from the kids’ room. “Sorry, I drank all the tea, I hope that is alright,” he stated as he saw her looking at the empty teapot.

“Hmm? Oh, yeah that is fine, Howard. Just trying to figure something out. You’ve felt okay since drinking it, haven’t you?” She sat down at one of the seats at the counter and sighed, closing her eyes for a bit.

Howard came over and put a hand on her shoulder. “You don’t look so good, Tine. I should be asking you if you’ve felt alright. I heard what was happening and wanted to check on you. Maybe whatever was going on made you feel sick?”

Leaning back against him, she shook her head. “No, I started to feel sick on the bridge and figured it had to do with the tea. But if you are feeling alright, I can rule that out. Maybe I’ve just been overdoing it and need to take a few days off. I haven’t done that in a while, spend some time in the holodeck or something.”

Wrapping his arms around her, Howard sighed. “We’ve had some pretty easy missions lately, nothing to strenuous. I doubt that you’ve been overworked. And besides,” he said as he turned her to face him, “When you get overworked you just get stressed out and tend to go to the gym and hit things. You’re not one to feel sick, especially not all day. Maybe you need to let one of the doctors check you out.”

“You know I hate going down there. They’ve just had a lot to deal with and don’t need to worry about me and my feeling a little sick. I’ll just get some rest and then most likely feel better.”

A frown came across Howard’s face. “Christine, please, for me? I don’t want to see you feeling like this. You’d tell me the same thing, I know you would. I’m sure Kara has gone for the night so you won’t have to see her.”

Christine shook her head as she stood herself up. “If I still feel bad later, I’ll head there. Let me get some rest first.” After giving Howard a kiss, Tine headed off towards her bed. Though she didn’t want to admit it, she was worried about why she was feeling the way that she did. Maybe it was all in her head and a good night’s sleep would make it all go away.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Return to USS Lionheart